Thread: Need help leveling!

Need help leveling!

Im so angry, my mp has been level 136 for like a week now. Its ridiculous. Only way i can level is teaming in newland, but theres barely any teams there anymore. not to say there isnt, but wheneve ri go there i wait for hours and ill even shout 136 meta phycicist looking for team, yet most of the time there isnt teams, and when i try to start them it just doesnt work out. If i go to hecklers, it takes me forever, i can solo them but even though they give 200k still takes forever, id be much better on a team mission, and even if i get my level 176 agent friend to help me, still takesa long time to level. Do you guys have any advice, this is for hte more experienced people, xtreme u hear that :P

Mobs in 200+ missions give well over 200K.

Had a memorable fight with an Ace that ate three or four Trans Enmities. Bastard enforcer hit hard on my poor nanomage carcass and he was like 208.

436K XP plus some change.

Admittedly the other mobs in the mission were a lot easier than that one but gave at least 250 to 300K.
    Malusz, Fist of Chronos.
    Raised by the Guild of Meta-Physics.

I'm not an expert like many of the people here but I do think its probably easier to level in SL than RK now. You might want to try that for a while

Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

at 136 you should be able to do some high lvl missions. if you have caco and bela you should be able to do a high enough mission to get good xp. and you get tokens.

teaming is one of the best ways to get xp quickly, so check back to NL after a few missions and see if anyone is forming a team, if not, back to missions.

medusas in EFP can be challenging and they drop yearning armour also.
    shedaio - OMNI - OPI MP RK2
    Shedd - NEU - OPI SHADE RK2

Well first thing to say is of course that you should begin to set your general expectations about your speed of levelling a little lower than they used to be. It's possible to whizz along at high speeds through the first 120 levels or so and then it starts slowing down some. It shouldn't be taking you a week to get a level... but it will slow down somewhat compared to before and will generally continue to slow until you reach 200 too.

Also, one of the effects of having good content spread out across several playfields is that getting together in teams is less easy than it used to be. Before Shadowlands, everybody above 120ish would just gather at a spot and they'd nearly all be planning to do missions pretty much.... so team formation was a relatively easy thing to do.

It's a good thing that we have more content that's spread out - but there are also some downsides.

My strongest recommendation would be to join a decently sized active Org with plenty of players at your level. You'll find that teams will form in org chat to do various different sorts of things. Also in orgs it's usually easier to form teams yourself - or at least form the basis of a team. Once you have 3 or 4 people in the team from an org - finding the last two is much easier. An org is beneficial not only for levelling of course - but also for getting teams together to do certain quest elements in the Shadowlands.

I'd certainly recommend levelling in the Shadowlands too, though mission content can still be fun and shouldn't be entirely ignored. Quite a lot of people are using the "Seeking Teams" channels as a way to pull teams together in the Shadowlands. It's worth keeping an eye on that channel and announcing yourself there.

There's a trick with mission content by the way. Sometimes, choosing an easier QL and killing lots of low XP mobs fast works out better than choosing a really hard mission and getting lots of high XP mobs - but killing slowly. Mix it up a little for variety. You can do the same when soloing - pulling a 50% (or even 40%) mission will sometimes allow you to swing through several missions in an hour while soloing - which gains you the extra XP bonus at the end of the mission 3 times in the hour.

At the time when I was soloing 95% of the time (level 165 - 192), a good rate of XP for team missioning was around 12 million XP an hour - by soloing several missions in a short space of time I could get an average of 8.5 million an hour and quite often up around 10 million an hour (with a record of 11 mill if memory serves). When you consider that I spent no time building teams, I was actually soloing for XP faster than many people who were building teams.

Hope some of that helps, with the strongest recommendation being to join a good sized org. Chat with the people that you know and team with, if you see they're in an org. Ask them about their org and whether they think you might fit in well. Ask about their application process etc.... Take your time to find an org with people in it that you like. It's worth it.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Go Go NLC...

/s lvl 136 mp lft!
    Zhanarh "Mancla" Dreamspinner - Meta-Physicist Deity - Unit Leader of Shadow Ops.

Meta-Physicist - Weak Shell, Enraged Mind.

Originally posted by XtremTech
    My strongest recommendation would be to join a decently sized active Org with plenty of players at your level.
    This was my thought too, but while you are at it switch to clan and be on the right side.
    Cotharin - General of the 3305 Local

MP's are still the most fun!

Cotharin - trox MP (the new main)
    Nvrmore100 - nano MP (retired - the new trade monkey)
    .....too many little alts to count....

Originally posted by Nvrmore100
    This was my thought too, but while you are at it switch to clan and be on the right side.
    Clammers are disgusting, foul and ugly.
    And they smell like tunafish...

Who would want to join that?

/Bras

Originally posted by Mancla
    Go Go NLC...
    Depends if he play on RK1 or RK2.

RK2 - teams assemble on NL hill, while on RK1 - I believe Bronto burger in Ent is the hot place, for finding teammates etc...
    Funny thing was, that in the ol' days, platform in Ent was a hot place on RK2. Then dev's put a level restriction on the mission terminals by the platform, and that was the end of that.
    Nowadays - it's all about NL hill. Weird.

/Bras
    Last edited by Brasonte; Feb 26th, 2004 at 14:38:43.

xtreme ....

Ok, xtreme, your telling me y ou make about 10 mil xp an hour in a team mission, i make about 3-6, not sure how u make so much more, in any case i think ive gotten the point now that the makers of anarchy online didnt really make any good solution when soloing, so im gonna have to just do team missions and thats it. Pretty lame if you ask me, but hey the game still is amazing and i will continue to play, just wish they would have a better way of soloing and getting xp. Doing easy missions and soloing at my level, gets me about 20k per kill, thats crap, in a ql 200 mish i get about 200k per kill, the time it takes me to kill 20 things even in the lowest ql is much greater then in a team mish killing a level 200. In any case, thx for the input,
    See yall at metacon!
    =)

Grouping should be faster, the reward for putting together a group - otherwise people will just solo everything.

I didn't take Xtreme's message as there is no good solo'ing, in fact, he said he thought he was making fairly decent XP solo.

Not sure if you have them or not, but IQ rings can help. 14% from two rings is pretty good, I never regret paying for mine, probably the best investment I made for my character. In games like this where you spend hours leveling, I say save time where you can. Those rings combined with 1k token board, and some mid range ear/foot symbiants I'm up to +25% xp gained. Now if I could ever find a bureaucrat to group with I'd be in heaven.
    Kozlowski
    ------------------------------------------
    Doesn't matter how big the warnings are. You could have cigarettes that were called the warnings. You could have cigarettes that come in a black pack, with a skull and a cross bone on the front, called tumors and smokers would be lined up around the block going, "I can't wait to get my hands on these things!"

IQ rings are UNIQUE.
    Cboathii 220/18 Meta Setup will complete when i am able
    Originally posted by Saran:
    Originally Posted by Moocow
    cough*new servers & fiber optics* cough
    Saran:
    Tandy isn't compatible with fiber optics.

Originally posted by Cboath
    IQ rings are UNIQUE.
    not any more.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

I have to say that lately I rather solo a 170+ mish then try to get a team togheter... 30 min to put a team togheter and then one or more will for sure die during a 200+ mish at this lvl, and to have to wait for someone to get back is a pain. Hell, it takes no more then 30 min to solo a 170ish mish. The only thing that kills me in high ql mishes is the damn traps... my fragile nanomage cant handle the pain from one

Later on today I will try a 200+ mish solo and see how that goes. Guess you could solo Ely hecklers, just go full def and use symbs that give alldef and use the flame ward and you should be able to do it at your lvl.
    Getmore Gear Antismurf Fixer Ancient General of Tiger Claw
    Proeteus Gear
    Morphius Gear

I used to do as close to ql200 mission from lvl 128 when I uploaded Cacoe way back....

Keep one thing in mind don't do ql200+ missions...

I used to slowly progress through a singel player missons at this level. I had many, many deaths and even more close calls, but the rewards when mobs went down was good. I used to get 200-300k pr. kill.

One more thing don't join the fight. Just stay out of LOS and let your Deamon do the talking. Should be even easier now with a working mezzpet if you get adds. I just popped my head in every once in awhile to send my heal pet back in after it died, and to evoc my deamon. Had all my nanos obtainable through missions gotten this way

It was slow, but ahhhh the feeling of acomplishment when you just rounded a ql 197 misson a few levels higher than when you went in two hours a go was a good one ;D

One more thing: "If things start to go wrong and you feel you are loosing control of the fight, TURN AROUND and RUN for the exit like the sissy you are;D"

H/T
    I want to be a campaign!!
    Tarilliux MP fun,fun,fun (should have been a crat with a name like this )
    Hexar ::::Nanotech::::
    Imothar Engie (For once on the recieving end of MP buffs)

And a few other lowbies can't for the life of me remember their names

Aye, I never or very seldom join the fight... only if the attack pet goes down and I get agg etc. I also use 3rd person and use the angle of the camera to be able to target mobs... though it dont work in cavemishes.

And even if you say that I should try 200+ I need to try it just to see if I can pull it off at lvl 115

BTW if I understand it correctly its better to use TE then a demon even though they are higher in ql. Everything I have read and heard so far is that they do less dmg then the TE. Is it also correct that GL is better then MQ since GL dont have taunts? Havent had time to read up on the database yet on the nukes. If that is the case MQ is only good for raids and PvP, or?
    Getmore Gear Antismurf Fixer Ancient General of Tiger Claw
    Proeteus Gear
    Morphius Gear

My bad, Bras
    Zhanarh "Mancla" Dreamspinner - Meta-Physicist Deity - Unit Leader of Shadow Ops.

Meta-Physicist - Weak Shell, Enraged Mind.

Originally posted by Morphius

And even if you say that I should try 200+ I need to try it just to see if I can pull it off at lvl 115

BTW if I understand it correctly its better to use TE then a demon even though they are higher in ql. Everything I have read and heard so far is that they do less dmg then the TE. Is it also correct that GL is better then MQ since GL dont have taunts? Havent had time to read up on the database yet on the nukes. If that is the case MQ is only good for raids and PvP, or?

1. I said don't do 200+ missions but as close as you can get below 200. If you meet Aces in 200+ missions most of them will CybOr both the pets and you eventually especially the Enforcer Aces.

2. I know TE dishes ot more damage over all, but they usually also go down fast in these missions so I used Cacoe cause he can take more of a beating. You can ofcourse experiment a bit and make up your own mind of your prefrence.

Good luck

H/T
    I want to be a campaign!!
    Tarilliux MP fun,fun,fun (should have been a crat with a name like this )
    Hexar ::::Nanotech::::
    Imothar Engie (For once on the recieving end of MP buffs)

And a few other lowbies can't for the life of me remember their names

I think the quickest levelling must be Ely Hecklers.

I made from lvl 141 to 150 in 7 hours on Tuesday

Yeah I died twice (once with 6 million xp) but you get thta back and it makes the next level come quicker.

It is really boring but I also made abot 20 million credits because I had looted 6 Platinum Ingots and 7 Osmium Ingots and a stack of other stuff that filled about 8 bags.

I'm now lvl 150 and yesterday I bought Shades of Lucubration for 30 mill.

Hecks may be boring (and the training is damn frustrating) but the rewards are great.
    "You can run.....but you'll only die tired."

Darrkangel - Meta-Physicist lvl 165
    Faoust - Engineer lvl 138
    Arsennic - Enforcer - deceased

Omni
    G.E.A.R Member
    Rimor

Its funny how Golemlike critters in many games are so camped.

In Horizons now the most camped critters are golums because they drop the best loot and they are the easiest to kill

In AC1 I think they used to camp those rock throwing golumlike things and now in AO people are camping Hecklers which is AO's version of the golum haha

In most games they are realitively easy to kill and give good experience and loot.

I hope the next big patch focuses on camping
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?