Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The chances for peace on RK.

The chances for peace on RK.

A small addition to my posts made arounda month earlier.

Generally they were about omni/clam, peace and future on RK. Of couse, as the result all the whiners came out- some even desided to contact my org leader becouse im ruining their illusion (not that it would stop me from posting, but it show me that i simply dont have anybody to speak with).

So let me explain a simple point. You might talk about peace with clam, might RP it- but in the end it will end the same- you made a peace agreement with clam org- then i (and lots of other omni- sinse that majority REALLY dont care about your peace wish) will come and ruin every tower of the said org. No more peace.

To put it into simplier words, there is no chanse for peace between omni and clam- simply becouse no matter how much some of the whiners around would like it, PVP still exists in this game (and FC will never be able to remove it from the game- sinse that will make all the players that like pvp to quit and FC need castumers).

If you want an exemple of how much omni want peace, you can look at Borealis- and how much omni that came there supported your peace ideas.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

*rolls eyes*

bravo Seven *clap clap*

heres a cookie..
    Sonny "Ramid" Bichrest

President Vox Populi
    Guild website
    http://www.bbfun.com/index.php?mforum=vox

Re: The chances for peace on RK.

Originally posted by seventshadow

Generally they were about omni/clam, peace and future on RK. Of couse, as the result all the whiners came out- some even desided to contact my org leader becouse im ruining their illusion

later you said:

If you want an exemple of how much omni want peace, you can look at Borealis- and how much omni that came there supported your peace ideas.
    ((OOC, if Omni wants to attack people from other sides in a 25% zone, it's their business, as long as those people voluntarily went into a 25% zone. In this case there was no warning that the gas was dropping from 100% to 25%, so a lot of the people were newbs on missions or people sitting around the shops AFK. To put it another way, do you think it would be fair for some clan to take your org's towers if Funcom changed the gas to 25% twelve hours early, without telling your org this would happen?

What bothered me personally is that most Omni I saw were either camping reclaim terminals or killing people who were AFK by the shops when the gas dropped to 25% without warning. Do you support this type of title farming or not?

The reason I complained to Rriva is that you apparently came to an RP forum to praise reclaim-camping title-farmers, not to RP. If that's not the case then I apologize, but you should be more clear in the future.))

This wasn't about peace on RK, this was about the fact that many Omni-tek employees were actively helping the Dust Brigade by killing the citizens of Borealis who gathered to defend their city. I don't know whether you were one of those individuals, but you have voiced your support for them. I think others in Omni-tek deserve to know that you support the Dust Brigade, and it's in the company's interest to know about the traitors among its ranks.
    Last edited by Keldros; Feb 27th, 2004 at 18:58:36.

Umm...

And you are the speaker for the majority? BWHAAHAHAHAHA err... no wait, be nice Headcase... bleh. We gotz bigger prollems... Omni gotz their job, Clanners made their job, Neuts make their own job, everyone works, everyone profits weeee everyone is happy blah blah... Dusters be raiding anyone no matter omni or neut or clan, JAME movin onto Rubi-Ka, looky at newland, I nots trusts them... then we gots biological warfare Midia (psst, shes not a real Duster) who is a loose cannon, we gots Omni's contract for da planet comin due, then what, ICC wont be needed so wow, lets not forget they could cause trouble (peacekeepers, HA!) I could ramble on and on...

/me twitches and shudders and then looks sensible

Your attempt at continuing a conflict that is out of date and no longer palpable is not productive towards the prosperity of the planet and people of Rubi-Ka as a whole. Your zealot attitude and clouded goals will eventually blind you to the point that you will either run head-long into a wall or run right off of a cliff. Putting aside the obsessive attitude of power-plays and tower-raids will put you on the path towards a peaceful passtime in the near future. Being eager can be a good thing, but lets make sure your eagerness is well-directed and not out of control.

/me shudders and passes out from too much brain use
    The Union - Neutral Org.
    ... Wardencraft ... - Neutral Atrox Keeper
    ... Gizmocraft ... - Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    ... Clobbercraft ... - Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

The Company - Omni Org.
    ... Boomcraft ... - Neutral Solitus Trader
    ... Blitzcraft ... - Omni Opifex Fixer
    ... Ragecraft ... - Omni Atrox Enforcer
    ... Traumacraft ... - Omni Solitus Doctor
    ... Voodoocraft ... - Omni Nanomage Nanotechnician

More videos coming soon on YouTube: BlockAndLode

Just because you're into homocide doesn't mean that everybody else is, Seventshadow. It is my hope that once a working peace is arrived at then Omni, Clan and Neutral organizations will police their own.

Or are you telling me that if your own corporation told you to down weapons, you still wouldn't? Sounds like a good way to get fired to me.
    Zhik

War is not its own end, except in some catastrophic slide into absolute damnation. It's peace that's wanted. Some better peace than the one you started with.
    Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Vor Game", 1990

54.76190476190476% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

So what you are saying Sevent, is that if Omni-Admin signed a peace treaty with the Clans, you would go out of your way to break that up? Interesting.

((OOC: Sevent, we have said it before, if you want to talk OOC then put up the OOC-dsoclaimer section such as this or name the thread *Whatever*OOC, or everything you say will be taken as In Character talk and opinions.))
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Xhairs you can take my post as IC and OCC- exept for part about FC and PVP which is OOC.

IC: Those amongst of omni that want peace with clam are treators of the omni coase- with all that it mean about treators future.

OOC:Keldros-if i wanted to camp reclaim i would do that without any need for justification or to praise myself.

IC:Every clam that enters into pvp zone is target- doesnt matter what is the reason that he entered it ( be it to help Dust Brigade or to protect Bor against it).

OOC:Every clam that enters into pvp zone is target- doesnt matter what is the reason that he entered it ( be it to help Dust Brigade or to protect Bor against it).

Originally posted by Zhik
    Just because you're into homocide doesn't mean that everybody else is, Seventshadow.
    OCC:I think that when Bor went 25% you had a good chanse to see how many omni prefer peaceful solution.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

O_o

/me wonders if someone got a faulty brain symbiant implanted...

/scratch

/me wonders if someone has anything implanted in their bran-bucket at all...

/shrug

/me figures some people just want a reason to abuse the weaker supression gas to make up for their own inadequacies as a weak link in their organizational infrastructure...

/me passes gas in someone's general direction...
    The Union - Neutral Org.

The Company - Omni Org.

Re: O_o

Originally posted by Headcase
    /me wonders if someone got a faulty brain symbiant implanted...

/scratch

/me wonders if someone has anything implanted in their bran-bucket at all...

/shrug

/me figures some people just want a reason to abuse the weaker supression gas to make up for their own inadequacies as a weak link in their organizational infrastructure...

/me passes gas in someone's general direction...
    Well considering the general response- instead of pointless arguing here just consider my next kel at your towers as "Hi".

Umm...

/me wonders if someone has done their homework...

/me wonders if someone realizes that Veritas does not believe in mining notum...

/me wonders if someone is actually an Omni Imperialist instead of an Omni Employee...

/me thinks someone gives their org a bad name...

((I'm just wondering how many more times she is going to stick her foot in her mouth... if she digs that hole any deeper she is gonna reach the core...))
    Last edited by Headcase; Feb 28th, 2004 at 03:07:40.
    The Union - Neutral Org.

The Company - Omni Org.

((OOC: Don't worry about people like this. Power-players, griefers, and stupid title-campers always do one thing in the end...quit. Once you get all the best gear, all the best imps(symbs), all the best weapons, and the best title, then what? Dear god, they might actually have to enjoy some of the intricasies of the game. Most Omni, imho, choose that path because of the fact it makes the game easier and they can be the ones in "power", ie making those the people who are the weakest in self. I found far more people who are willing to stab you in the back in the ranks of Omni than that of Clan. Thats not saying some Omni aren't decent people but I've seen more bs camping, KSing, griefing, training, ninja looting from the Omni ranks. Regardless this isn't a discussion about the personalities of the people who play behind the characters, nor thier age, nor thier intelligence.))

IC - Bah, Omni and Clan can someday have a peace, but not until semi-crazed, half-lunatic mercenaries like you are gone. Keep yelling and screaming Seventshadow, just be careful you don't miss the gun pointed at the back of your own head.

(OOC:
    /me nods to Headcase and tosses Seventshadow the Archetype "We don't own land, don't plan to, and leave Omni alone so here's your shovel to dig yourself out of your hole" shovel.)
    -- Killchain

well, by the rational that any Omni who wants peace with Clans is a traitor then Phillip Ross is a traitor because he wants peace himself. I want peace, and i am hoping the CoT and later expultion of the Sentenials which i forsee as comming to happen before this can be acheived. if you go out of your way to destroy any peace accord signed by Omni-Tek or org of Omni-Tek you are a traitor for enacting a state of civil war within OT. The Omni cause doesn't need to be defined by radicals any more then the Clan cause needs to be defined by the Sentenials.
    Your lucky your with us!

occ: just read your post about omni people and i have to say i've seent he complete opposite. this must be due to the influx of recent players to both sides, in borgs once i hade a group steal a kill that was attacking me. so i went and got it right back to their dismay...and they labled me for ks'ing. though as i said, this is due to an influx of newer players to the game which can give a group a bad name.
    Your lucky your with us!

As an OmniTek employee myself I would like to apologize for the behaviour of this collague (whom I have the luck of not knowing from anywhere else than this discussion), and to assure all and everyone that should OmniTek in the future enter a peace treaty with some "clan" organizations, upholding that treaty will be enforced among employees.

Meda "Grues" Shenkel
    Initiate Nano-Technician
    Unit Member of L.R.P.G.
    Jobe / Borealis, Rubi-Ka

[[ OOC: personally, I think that people who cannot tell IC and OOC apart should not post to RP forums... Unfortunately, this is not likely to happen ever. Naturally, we all do mistakes, but this one has gone on too long to be just a single mistake. Just ignore. ]]

All of u are so silly, posting comments about each other with so much malice and hatred, who cares about all of this bull****? THIS IS JUST A GAME! U make ur own rules because u are a person who paid FC, FC makes this game, made the division into clan and omni and planted this state of war in the first place. As long as it is legal to kill ppl, who cares? it is ur money, u play ur own character in AO and u can very well do watever u want regardless of wat omni-tek or whoever said so. If u wanna be so absorbed in the all the details of the game storyline then all i can say is GO GET A LIFE!

Completely OOC here

[[ OOC: Athravan, this is a roleplaying forum. Roleplaying, being In Character, is all about getting absorbed to the storyline - after all, the storyline is what is real to the characters, while Funcom and suchlike don't even exist to them.

When "I" stated that the peace treaty would be enforced etc I was speaking as my character, Meda "Grues" Shenkel, who is a loyal OmniTek employee and not completely a nice person. The real player-me is more understanding, and also very well knows no such enforcement will happen among all players unless Funcom wants it, and I'm fairly certain they won't.

But that's all right, as like you maybe tried to point out, there is no obligation for roleplaying in AO. Those who don't want to roleplay can keep on playing as they wish as long as they don't break any rules. Those of us who want to play the storyline can keep on doing so amongst ourselves and ignore the non-roleplayers.

However, if you don't want to roleplay, get absorbed to the storyline, and present your character - what are you doing posting about it in the roleplaying forum? ]]

/me shakes head...

((OOC: Why do some people not understand the purpose of a ROLE-PLAYING forum? A role-playing forum is meant to RP, why else would it exist?
    Athravan; it only discredits you when you come into this forum, ranting ooc, and worst of all, insulting people just because you do not partake in their way of life. Why do you waste your own time with other people's uses of their own, when they are just enjoying themselves. No offense, but this makes you look like a n00b, actually, that proves you are a n00b.))
    Lmnox - Meta-Physicist General of Athen Paladins in RK-2

Back after a 5 month hiatus!
    "You can take a gimp out of AO, but you can't take the AO out of a gimp."

I t has come to my attention that OPEN war fare has disapated due to the mutal agrements made between powerful organisation leaders within both the clan and omni tek ranks. However lone organisations do not have the power to police the spectrum or their fellow combantants but only those that reside within siad organisations for protection. I have currently signed a life time contract with shadow ops and enlisted as the orgs lead doctor following on from Hypos who has left me Extrmly BIG shoes to fill. However less about me and more about peace .

Peace is achievable and we have the means to enure it however many of our fallen warriors who hold grievences (reclaim technology is wholy to blame here) are not willing to abide by any peace processes. We have terorist acts from within and without omni corp is old as the ages and spread continually thin by our expansion and exploration. If it was not for omni funding and desires for advancement we all would still be blind to the future the future that is shadow technology. I am currently investigating this so called technology especially around the symbiant area as how can a single item generate such power within a individual without side effects.

I have been held up within my laboratory now for several months my personal advancement has been static as i struggle with the concept of shadow technology. But here is where my findings are of extreme importance.

Omni med report : Symbiants are the benifits worth the as yet unknow risks

*audio recording Unknow date*

Drluva: Omg thats it ive seen these effects before the symbiant technology isnt new its just a less diluted version of what we currently have (implants).

Assistant: But wasnt taht always going to be the case dr we knew symbiants added across a wider variety of enhancments but still teh effects in certain areas where the same as our current implant system.

Drluva: But thats it dont you see what that means we have been progressing parellel to the acient symbiant technology all along these shadow land discoveries arnt new to us they are purly extensions of what we know and this is where the presumed safty of installing such devices arises.

Assistant: Are u saying they arnt safe

(background noise *scratching*)

Drluva: Dont do that even you know u need medical supervision to remove symbiants dont pull at them through ur skin liek that its unsightly.
    As for their safty I can assure you they are but has it never suprised you taht symbiants from another dimesion fit within our own bodies with such little modification sum even without.

Assistant: nope ive taken them for granted so far

Drluva: Precisly all the experienced combatents of rubika have such symbiant technology and have never questioned its compatability it fits liek a glove but why do you think this is so ?.
    No no dont strain yourself let me enlighten you becuase the previous owners of symbiant technology are of a similar genetic construction we are liked to teh accients in sum way. And i dotn mean us teh solitus poulation but ALL humaniods including are test tube engineer4ed minning race ATOX.

Assistant : So what we have common attributes to the ancients

Drluva: NO NO its more serious than that latly i have herd tales of extreme warriors taht call forth great inner strength and transfrom briefly into an alien/acient of some kind (this process has been named the darker side).

Assistant: Yes but only teh powerful can do such things and its still rare.

Drluva : Only time will tell

(out of charector post will be finished after work )

I can't believe it

I am a member of the Clans, and I want nothing more then peace between Clan and Omni-Tek, so we can live in peace, and raise our children in a world of harmony, where children don't get caught in the crossfire, where I can live with the man I love without people staring at us, for the man I love is Omni, but I don't care, I love him.

may love guide us, not hatred and greed.
    Rawenna -Proud General of Alpha Omega

"Royal bitch of the Clans"

Member of the CoT clergical staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast