Thread: Mission Changes

Mission Changes

One thing I would like to suggest that might alleviate this entire 'running halfway across the board' BS we always seem to get. On the mission generators, toss on an extra slider: Distance! Set al the way on zero, it would give you a mission as close to you as possible. Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum, you'd get missions literally all the way across the board. Mission rewarsd would tie directly into this.

Smile

And add profession specific missions.
    Docs could be sent in to heal and engineers to fix things.

Could be nice to only have rewards usable by the character that takes the mission.

I am not sure how other players feel, but here is my view on it. I am completely uncomfortable doing missions. Every time I do a mission I feel like I am wasting my time. Here are my reasons:

1- Third person cameras are all out of sync. They move out of control to the point where it is hard to keep track of your character. So I am forced to do the mission in first person view.

2 ? The pathing with mobs is insane. They run around in circles and sometimes disappear. The latest patch has not fixed this.

3 ? Now the mysterious instant death bug has moved to human npcs. I died twice because of this bug after the 13.0 patch

4 ? Doorways need to be improved. Certain pets, mobs and much more seem to get stuck and cannot pass through.

5- Kill the toxic pit mission. These are missions you usually get when you are going to assassinate a mob.

Those are my thoughts,

Distance Slider

It has been suggested many times, last word is that Cosmik brought the idea to the development team and they "loved the idea"

so we'll probably get distance sliders when they put in the all new mission coding probably in a month or so!

Thumbs up

That would be really good !

Sometimes i do missions with my MA (who uses a ship, run speed and speed buff) and i like to do missions further away as i get more cash (better too if i can get 3 in the same area).

But for a change of pace, i like to use my NT who has no run speed. Would be nice to get missions near town that i could pop in flatten and pop out of. Yes, i dont care if its less cash, but sometimes i like to use a diff char to earn cash....

Maybe im just not your normal 'Enforcer with a Mallet and full omni pol' kinda gal
    Variety is the ****E of life!

Missions and me

I am a 39th level Trader and I have never had problems with missions. I do missions exclusively, and I think I actually liked the longer distance bug. The missions were worth more cash, and with the grid and wompas (and the car I found in a chest at 25th) the time of travel was pretty short. I logged on last night and went the the terminal in Ent....and got a mission in Ent! Wow. I do missions for cash (and I go through a lot of it, toys and trade skills), and the shorter distance means less cash. I don't want the mission system back to the 'bugged' state, but I love the idea of the distance slider. I really hope that FC implements that. For now I am just using the same tricks I used to make the distance safer to make it longer.

Emmily, level 39 Trader on RK2
    "I am just a poor girl trying to make my way in the world. So hand over the creds and noone gets killed."

PS Glad that people can get into missions again - helps a lot of players and the biggest ***** I have heard on the boards the last few weeks.

Missions

WEll, I for one dont really mind missions in far off zones. I usually just stock up on 3-4 and go from there. The problem is, since distance seemed to be a set rate, I'd end up having to spend hours trying to find a mission that WASNT in a zone that'd be certain death for me. (I'm all sure you remember getting nothing but Clon**** missions at level 30...)

With a distance slider, I could find out the best position to get a zone that's fairly far away, but not to the point where I have to risk life and limb just to get there. It's also nice for those times you just want to play one mission or so and just want something close to get too.

Toxic Pit Mission

Yea, please get rid of Toxic Pit Mission