Thread: A fixer's Tale

A fixer's Tale

A small dark office in the Omni-Reform HQ in Rome:

“Sigh …….. Talk about boring. I should have gotten some little no name fixer to do this for me. Too much time wasted waiting on searches.” The slender opifex woman leaned back in her chair and took a sip from her mug. “Ahh the good old vices “she smiled. Good old……old… yes that is the word. The old days. How much I hated life back then, and how much I would give up now to go back to it. Nothing like running a couple underpaid way to dangerous missions for that next big nano. Nothing like nowadays. Of course it is those “good old “days that got me into this mess.

I remember meeting him for the first time. Out in the middle of Rome blue trying to change the face of Omni Tek, and letting anyone that passed with in earshot know about it. He wanted to start a new division. A simple little org with big plans. Back then the ideals took hold of me and dragged me away. Then ……then the portal came. He went on a journey to “find the true path, find the power that will give us the ultimate edge! “. He was gone for months, and Things fell apart in his absence. Then sitting at the bronto burgers in Trade I get a message. A simple hello, how have things been? Attached to it is a dream job. General in Omni – Reform. A chance to make a real change, and a name signed at the bottom. Vayde Naraku.

I just stared at it forever. Not believing that he was back. Some small part of me wanting him to just be a ghost. The meeting date was set for today, Rome-Blue outside the Omni-Admin building. Yah it was him, right back where I first found him. I swiped my cred card, and wandered off to the whompahs. Let’s see what he has to offer this time…….
    Liyan-
    Genral Omni-Reform
    -The best way to know thy enemy is to be thy enemy.

The Story Continues...

So there going to try to make a grid filter, she mused. Interesting yes, but sadly it just won’t work. Now on with the rest of this. Liyan removed one of her earrings and gently slid it into place on her wrist unit. After a few short beeps a little light went green and the encrypted part of the message popped in her field of view.

Dear Liyan;
    I am afraid that our leader lord Vayde may be slipping from the intended path. He seems to have his own agenda and is moving to achieve it. I know little of what details there might be but he seems to have plans involving the Xan devices we have found. Though I am sure now that he does not understand there functioning completely. Take the lockets we have found. The Osmium ones. They are well and able to contain a soul, but how one convinces that soul to leave the body and enter the locket is still unknown. Most of the devices we have found for affecting the soul require a weak will to have any effect. Last I checked though most Omni and Clanners alike are hell and gone from weak willed. I will keep you posted as best I can. Laters and enjoy that new control unit for your yalm! Should help with that cross wind problem. ^_^ Liyao

Hmm seems sis has been busy, though thankfully so. Something disturbing here though. Vayde doesn’t worry me he can be controlled. There is just something out of place. Oh well it will show it’s self when the time is right. Time to focus on the current world events.

A lot seems to be happening lately. I sat in on a Newland council meeting where Mr. Ross him self decided to “assist” the council in ridding them selves of the Warr plague. Now the new militia is in and all seems to be going well there. Of course there is still the Dust brigade problem. That one will take a bit to deal with. The virus, what are they calling it mecurtio?

Last but not least. The sentinels have got there panties in a bunch. Seems they finally got a bite on the ass from the brigade. Bought time if you ask me. Clans need to see these loonies are not on anybody’s side. I suppose I could see to it that any info we have on there activities and such could some how slip into clan hands. I have a couple people that would be more than willing to accept that. Sigh … at least there are some people on both sides that have some sense. Mr. Ross said it well enough at the Newland meeting. We have other things to worry about. If you only knew Mr. Ross, if you only knew.
    Liyan-
    Genral Omni-Reform
    -The best way to know thy enemy is to be thy enemy.