Thread: Ingame messenger

Ingame messenger

Why doesnt AO have a ingame messenger and email system
    Zenmoon 205 Adventurer
    Rubi ka Timeline
    [eqp]
    Things I wish Cz would say:Friday is patch day, we dont know if this is going to work, but we're testing a drastic new concept we've been throwing around awhile where several zones are MAYHEM all the time, this is wartime and we thought we'd really bring things up a notch, before the aliens arrive... so basically, hold onto your hats, cos supression.. is going bye-bye

Re: Ingame messenger

Originally posted by ZenMoon
    Why doesnt AO have a ingame messenger and email system
    maybe cuz the people who wanna chat/email do so outside the game.

and for the rest of us, we don't want any more spam/junk mail clogging up the system?
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

umm.. i dont mean one that sends to your reallife email account.. but an ingame email. which woudl expand and make more efficient the offline tell system. As well as organize orgs/situations.
    Zenmoon 205 Adventurer
    Rubi ka Timeline
    [eqp]
    Things I wish Cz would say:Friday is patch day, we dont know if this is going to work, but we're testing a drastic new concept we've been throwing around awhile where several zones are MAYHEM all the time, this is wartime and we thought we'd really bring things up a notch, before the aliens arrive... so basically, hold onto your hats, cos supression.. is going bye-bye

Originally posted by ZenMoon
    umm.. i dont mean one that sends to your reallife email account.. but an ingame email. which woudl expand and make more efficient the offline tell system. As well as organize orgs/situations.
    I know what you meant.

would be nice to get a better way of handling off-line tells, AFK tells, and battle spam tells...
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

It would be nice if all offline tells were handled as mail which went into an inbox which has tons of features.

SWG does chat better than AO even though SWGs system is a bit confusing
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

True bonk.
    Zenmoon 205 Adventurer
    Rubi ka Timeline
    [eqp]

Chat System

Something to handle offline messages better than tells would be a great idea.
    I imagine if they really put some work into it, it would go a long way to help with the ton of petitions they recieve daily.
    I can see a lot of useful applications for something like this in AO from leaving fellow players messages they will definetly get when they log in as they won't get "Scrolled" away by other channel spam, to even role play uses.

Bump for a cool idea ^

Thanks
    Zenmoon 205 Adventurer
    Rubi ka Timeline
    [eqp]