Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An Interview with Simon Silverstone

An Interview with Simon Silverstone

Reporter Larsa

Tir -- (FJRK) -- I had finally been granted an interview with the sentinel leader Simon Silverstone. I thought it was a prank when my boss told me to report to Tir within the hour for the interview I had been trying to get for months, and now there I was in Tir less then a meter from Simon Silverstone. The guards didn't seem to mind me, but I am sure they were ready to gun me down at any sign of trouble. He was almost two meters tall, most atrox are taller, but he was still imposing none the less. There have been many unanswered questions for Mr. Silverstone since he Liberated Tir.

I started asking him the most important question. What did he think about the effort to reform the Council of Truth, and what would he do if they wanted the Tower of truth opened again? As it is a known fact that the sentinels have been using the building.

Mr. Silverstone said, "It is a known fact that we, the sentinels, did not support the Council of Truth the last time. In my eyes then the council was a group of weaklings and traitors to our cause. But things do change over time. Many of the young people whom seek to reform the council are willing to support the clan cause for freedom. If an official request for the return of the tower to the council were presented for us, then I might consider this proposal."

Did he really mean this? When I told him that many of the new council members were very hostile to the sentinel take over of Tir, and their treatment of neutrals, his responce was a bit cryptic.

"Their hostility is understandable, yet most of them have not seen the horrors of war. Sure they have engaged in combat, but real war is different. It is a dirty and bloody thing. As far as I know, this new council does not have any kind of standing army. In case of a crisis, who would defend the civilians in Tir and the surrounding areas? Would the Council members take up arms, and spill filthy Omni blood on our streets? They are at their current state too weak to defend the city. My men will remain for now to defend this city from who ever seeks to end our cause."

That was the kind of reply I had foreseen, but I quietly took my notes and continued with another question, this time about the rumors that the neutrals in Newland were seeking alternative defenders to Loren Warr’s band of thugs.

"My views on the neutrals are somewhat the same as most of my men. They deny taking a side, and refuse to do anything to protect our planet, and now you have seen how they replaced Loren Warr's mercenaries. I thought they were trying to stay neutral, how can they stay neutral by taking millions of credits from Phillip Ross to fund their own guards who will be trained by Omni-Tek officers? Well, if they manage to pull such a thing off then I will take back my words about them being weak. But I doubt it, as Loren Warr is of Omni stock. I guess time will tell."

He was right in that the new Council might have some problems regarding an open conflict, but I had to ask him. Why did he think a conflict was imminent?

Mr. Silverstone looked funny at me and said, "I did not say that a conflict were coming, did I? In my eyes, you have to be on constant alert when it comes to Omni-Tek. If they could they would kill us all, soldier or civilian. Most of them are killers and should not be handed a gun."

I mentioned that Omni-Tek had over 100 confirmed murder charges on him, so how could he be in a position to make such a claim? I know my question might be seen pro-Omni, but it is not. His face turned pale, I could see that he was getting angry.

"Have you ever had a group of Omni-Tek soldiers come by your house? They wanted to make an example of me, but they could not find me, so instead they burned my house to the ground. It killed my wife and children, has that ever happened to you? They are the criminals here, no, I’m just returning the favor for their crimes. No omni is innocent, I would rather..."

The last part was more mumbling rather than an actual sentence. I choose this to be the time for my departure. I can not confirm the claims he made about the murder of his family, but I do known that he has raged a one man war against Omni-Tek for the past twenty years, and it does beg the question, what would drive a man to that?
    Last edited by CJ; Feb 18th, 2004 at 18:59:39.

Mr. Silverstone,

You've been asked by a great deal of people to leave Tir and carry the war to Omni. Perhaps now that the Council of Truth is being rebuilt with some fresh blood, you would kindly lead your soldiers to defend the borders of Clan territory. Let Clan troops assembled by the CoT take over duties of guarding Tir. A new Council of Truth welcomes your input in the hallowed chambers of our capitol as all Clans are welcome, but not as some dictator issuing edicts. To play dictator sir, makes you little better than Omni we all oppose.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Dr Jaklin Jones, Field Medic

Pah. His cycle of violence begets nothing but violence - And by purpatrating it, he has the GALL to call Omni-Tech 'evil' and 'horrendous' when he partakes in the same crimes he himself accuses the Company!
    Division9, RSGE

Jaklin 'Vadimoridin' Jones - Doctor
    Mavron - Engineer
    Calis "Covayende" Camori - Martial Artist

(Not Div9 Affiliated)
    Marissa 'Tohdasar' Aristo - Doctor

Re: An Interview with Simon Silverstone

Originally posted by Editor: FJRK
    Reporter Larsa
    "Have you ever had a group of Omni-Tek soldiers come by your house? They wanted to make an example of me, but they could not find me, so instead they burned my house to the ground. It killed my wife and children, has that ever happened to you? They are the criminals here, no, I’m just returning the favor for their crimes. No omni is innocent, I would rather..."
    To: Silverstone and everyone else

A few minor problems with Silverstone's logic.
    [list=a][*]I am an Omni-Tek employee.[*]I have not burned his(or anyone else's) house down, and killed their families.[*]Silverstone has no specific long term goals, only general ones.[/list=a]

Ok, so lets go through this loop step by step.

One, I am an Omni-Tek employee thus I am guilty.

Two, even though I have never harmed his family or property I am instantly guilty by the first basis.

Three, if Silverstone does manage to kill me, since he has no specific goals in mind besides 'make Omni pay' his next step would be to seek out another Omni-Tek employee to kill till the end of time.

Now, lets pretend that I also have a family and house and Silverstone manages to kill my family and burn my house down. I will now by Silverstone's logic need to retaliate by hunting down Clanners and burn their homes and kill their families.

Now this Clanner had his house and family killed by an Omni-Tek employee, so he must retaliate by finding yet another Omni-Tek house to burn and family to kill.

Do I really have to explain what this Omni employee that had his house and family destroyed by a Clanner need to do now? Imagine if this was allowed to propagate a few dozen times. The numbers of people on Rubi-Ka out to 'avenge the evil other-side' will grow exponentially with each iteration.

If Silverstone's will and wish is carried out to the letter, everyone on Rubi-Ka will need to have their houses burned down and family members killed by someone on the other side. My question to Silverstone is, now that there are no families left to kill and no houses to burn, what now?

Keep in mind my questions has absoloutely nothing to do with my being an Omni-Tek employee. This is a blantant unbiased look at why I need to have my house and family destroyed because Silverstone said so. If he can somehow provide the logic to help me make sense out of all this I'll invite him to come and go and burn my house down and kill my family!

Think about it,
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Last edited by Kithrak; Feb 18th, 2004 at 23:50:29.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

There is a hole or two in your logic as well, Charles, but I basically agree with you in this instance so we'll stay on the topic at hand. Blood feuds gain us nothing. The only reasonable solution is to cut off the head of the serpent.

God save Omni-Tek!

-Blackpetal
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

Even when i was still a Clan member i thought Silverstone was a bit loopy, and seeing how he has done this last year, i can now pronounce him fit to be tied. If Omni-Tek just up and left today, and i mean all Omni personel and gear of the planet, then Silverstone would do one of two things.

1: Find a new "cause". Probably going after those Clans he thinks are not hard-line enough, and in the end turn Rubi-Ka into a fortres where he can sit and mumble about how he is going to go after the rest of Omni-Tek.

2: Blow his brains out because he has no one left to hate.

Take it from one that knows, Silverstone is not going anywhere on his own and he will continue to press Rubi-Ka towards another civil war for as long as he can.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

I've been quiet for a long time. I've been busy, building my guild, and fixing some things off planet. Finally that the person I am the most opposed to his existance has spoken, and I feel I must respond.

As I stated in other threads I am firmly against most of the beleifs that Silverstone and his men hold. I also have gone as far as to send back to reclaim or otherwise incapacitate his lackeys for various reasons. While some people could call me a traitor to the Clans, I feel as if I am doing exactly what the Clans set out to do.

A long time ago I took power in an organization that had in the past been associated with Silverstone, and I tried to reform their image. In the end we were snuffed out by Silverstone, his forcer were just too powerful. So now I fight them on a battle by battle basis, and not try to bring the war all at once. Allow me to respond to each of Silverstone's comments:

It is a known fact that we, the sentinels, did not support the Council of Truth the last time. In my eyes then the council was a group of weaklings and traitors to our cause. But things do change over time. Many of the young people whom seek to reform the council are willing to support the clan cause for freedom. If an official request for the return of the tower to the council were presented for us, then I might consider this proposal.
    Thats a noble thing to say, but he said he "will consider it" that means if the new Council does something he doesnt approve of he will just have a little fit and kill everyone again. Can anyone say "How about, No. Simon."

Their hostility is understandable, yet most of them have not seen the horrors of war. Sure they have engaged in combat, but real war is different. It is a dirty and bloody thing. As far as I know, this new council does not have any kind of standing army. In case of a crisis, who would defend the civilians in Tir and the surrounding areas? Would the Council members take up arms, and spill filthy Omni blood on our streets? They are at their current state too weak to defend the city. My men will remain for now to defend this city from who ever seeks to end our cause.
    Have not seen war...I see war at least once a week, on a minimum. I've fought countless times against Omni-Tek forces out in the Southern areas while he stands in Tir and hands down orders like he is some kind of deity. Not only have I and many many others been in battle in outer zones, but we once patrolled and controlled our own city. At the moment the Council may not have enough backing to have guards, but there are others that would gladly volunteer to patrol the city and keep it safe. It is after all "OUR" city, not Silverstone's.

My views on the neutrals are somewhat the same as most of my men. They deny taking a side, and refuse to do anything to protect our planet, and now you have seen how they replaced Loren Warr's mercenaries. I thought they were trying to stay neutral, how can they stay neutral by taking millions of credits from Phillip Ross to fund their own guards who will be trained by Omni-Tek officers? Well, if they manage to pull such a thing off then I will take back my words about them being weak. But I doubt it, as Loren Warr is of Omni stock. I guess time will tell.
    Neutrals must be the most morally strong people on this planet. Their resolve alone to stay out of our war shows their strength. And the Omni-Tek guards you speak of are gone. Loren and his thugs werent trained for that job specifically for the NLC, they had been trained mercenaries for years before the NLC hired them. And they also accepted money from Clanners to hire their new guards. The joint effort of the NGI should give you some idea of how we can all work together, and be stronger together.

I did not say that a conflict were coming, did I? In my eyes, you have to be on constant alert when it comes to Omni-Tek. If they could they would kill us all, soldier or civilian. Most of them are killers and should not be handed a gun.
    Thats just plain paranoia.

Have you ever had a group of Omni-Tek soldiers come by your house? They wanted to make an example of me, but they could not find me, so instead they burned my house to the ground. It killed my wife and children, has that ever happened to you? They are the criminals here, no, I’m just returning the favor for their crimes. No omni is innocent, I would rather...
    I'm going to quote a woman very famous and dear to my heart. My mother, which I know he had one too, and she would be ashamed of him for what hes done: Two wrongs dont make a right. I would think that such a seemingly wise man would have learned that long ago.

Hate breeds hate, and violence breeds violence. As long as we let Silverstone stay in his position we will never really be free. Join with the Council of Truth my clan brothers. Make the Council strong, and show that we are responsible and powerful enough to lead ourselves.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Now this may be completely wrong but here goes.....
    Ive always thought Silverstone was Atrox. Now if im wrong about this never mind this msg but if im right then hes a filthy liar. If hes atrox how could hes children be burned down with his house? Atrox making children dont sound very familiar with me.....
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Originally posted by Naefen
    Now this may be completely wrong but here goes.....
    Ive always thought Silverstone was Atrox. Now if im wrong about this never mind this msg but if im right then hes a filthy liar. If hes atrox how could hes children be burned down with his house? Atrox making children dont sound very familiar with me.....
    Hes Solitus.

Ah crap
    Never mind my last post then. Ive never seen him offcourse since he would blast me too oblivion at me even thinking of going to him
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Gah you people arent getting it are you?

Yes, I am one of the people who support the sentinals unconditionally. They provided protection to the clans in a time when the Council disolved into a group of bickering fools. Omni-tek was getting to break down the gates of Tir and the Sentinals acted to prevent that.

Now I know that many fellow clansmen do no agree with Mr Silverstone's views and want him gone. However who would protect our capital city then? The individual clans? The newly reformed Council? I takes more then just wanting to protect a city, you need a solid force for that.

I have met Mr Radiman and support the Council however they are in no position yet to govern the clans.
    Kayl - Adventurer
    Niomay - Shade
    Barenn - Soldier <--- retired due to being extremely gimpy

8Proud members of Tiger Claw7

Despite the massive amount of opposition to Silverstone's control of Tir (I'm part of it), I must say this is the most reasonable we've seen Silverstone in some time. I'd like to think there might be hope yet for a peaceful solution to the Sentinel problem.

I wouldn't bet my last credit on it, though.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Originally posted by Kayl

Yes, I am one of the people who support the sentinals unconditionally. They provided protection to the clans in a time when the Council disolved into a group of bickering fools. Omni-tek was getting to break down the gates of Tir and the Sentinals acted to prevent that.

Now I know that many fellow clansmen do no agree with Mr Silverstone's views and want him gone. However who would protect our capital city then? The individual clans? The newly reformed Council? I takes more then just wanting to protect a city, you need a solid force for that.

I have met Mr Radiman and support the Council however they are in no position yet to govern the clans.
    Which is exactly why I said:

Fixerben
    Hate breeds hate, and violence breeds violence. As long as we let Silverstone stay in his position we will never really be free. Join with the Council of Truth my clan brothers. Make the Council strong, and show that we are responsible and powerful enough to lead ourselves.
    Was asking for support, the more support we have the better off we will be.
    Last edited by Fixerben; Feb 20th, 2004 at 23:05:36.

Originally posted by Kayl

So Omni-Tek was planning on invading Tir.....

With ICC guards there.

ICC that handles Omni-Teks lease of Rubi-Ka.

A lease that can be shortened or terminated if Omni-Tek does something realy stupid.

Such as activly attacking ICC troops.

So on one side we can gain a city that realy ain´t that important to Omni as anythign else than a "moral" victory, and on the other side we have a huge risk of a shortened ICC lease, and a more than average risk of a total termination of said lease.

And Omni-Tek would invade Tir under these circumstances?

Eeeehm. How about No. Try again.

((Edited: Spelling, and added a few words to clarify something.))
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...

Well argued Xhairs.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I believe that many thought the tourist horde was part of an invading army. Myself, I had been part of an invading army into Tir at one point of my life, and I tried to make a good impression the second time I went there. While I did make sure to sling my rifle and keep my hands empty, I now admit that the Inter-Ops coat was a bad idea, but I’m proud of being an Omni-Tek employee, much like the goat head hat wearing people I see at GSP dance parties are proud to be part of the Clans.

In afterthought, taking pictures was also a bad idea, and probably suggested that I was gathering intelligence. But, between being mugged and arguing with bartenders that my credit was electronic, just like everyone else, I did try to emphasize that I was just a tourist.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

...and refuse to do anything to protect our planet...
    And since when has it been your planet, Mr. Silverstone? Who produced the capital and labor to colonize and terraform Rubi-ka?

...If they could they would kill us all, soldier or civilian...
    Ask someone who has remained neutral on a visit to the city of Tir. They will certainly tell you who is out to kill us all.

...so instead they burned my house to the ground. It killed my wife and children...
    Unfortunate about that but you should've insured. Then again, why were they coming to your home? Perhaps in an effort to stop terrorist activities. Maybe you blame Omni-Tek for a mistake that you made, by bringing your family into your problems.

As you say, all your statements, only time will tell.
    Meldaeyn
    220 Omni Meta-Physicist on Rimor
    As long as the enemies of the corporation still draw breath, there can be no peace.

Originally posted by Xhairs

So Omni-Tek was planning on invading Tir.....

With ICC guards there.

ICC that handles Omni-Teks lease of Rubi-Ka.

A lease that can be shortened or terminated if Omni-Tek does something realy stupid.

Such as activly attacking ICC troops.

So on one side we can gain a city that realy ain´t that important to Omni as anythign else than a "moral" victory, and on the other side we have a huge risk of a shortened ICC lease, and a more than average risk of a total termination of said lease.

And Omni-Tek would invade Tir under these circumstances?

Eeeehm. How about No. Try again.

((Edited: Spelling, and added a few words to clarify something.))
    Well, Xhairs while the ICC was "guarding" Tir if you could call it that, many times Omni patrols were sent into Tir. As the Captain of the CoA Peacekeepers I had escorted atleast 3 groups of 5 or more Omni out of the city with a group of my own troops.

Not very well argued.

Your point being? Plenty of Omni took the chance to see Tir because they could. I know i took the chance to visit my old haunts and the streets i grew up on, and i bet i was not alone about that.

Now i´ll agree to that there must have been some Omni that just went there to cause trouble, as has been argued to me and convinced me at a different time, but i hardly see tourist (troublemakers or not) as the prelude to an invasion.

And don´t come dragging about scouting parties, you know as well as i do that Omni-AF knows Tir inside out from Agents, just as well as the Sentinels and most other Clans knows Rome, Entertainment, Trade and HQ inside out.
    Thou Shalt Kill."

Originally posted by Fixerben

Well, Xhairs while the ICC was "guarding" Tir if you could call it that, many times Omni patrols were sent into Tir. As the Captain of the CoA Peacekeepers I had escorted atleast 3 groups of 5 or more Omni out of the city with a group of my own troops.

Not very well argued.
    Question: What made your patrols any more legal than the Omni-Tek patrols?
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast