Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious Sniper Threatens Neutral Territories

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Mysterious Sniper Threatens Neutral Territories

Mysterious Sniper Threatens Neutral Territories
    Korev Jurik

(IRRK) - Stret West Bank and Borealis have recently fallen prey to an anonymous sniper, hunting down citizens of Rubi-Ka apparently at the orders of an unknown employer.

Approximately twenty deaths to date have been attributed to this sniper, including some under full suppression gas where it should be impossible to initiate aggression. Among the victims are members of the Clan Archetype, several members of the neutral organization Shattered Dreams, and even a few Omni-Tek employees.

"People are being shot and we need to stop that," says Ysabelle of Shattered Dreams. "We can find out who sent them when we have them."

According to Shattered Dreams, the sniper may have been sent by a mysterious woman named "Midia", after the organization thwarted her attempts to sabotage certain patterns within the Rubi-Kan reclaim network. Other potential culprits, according to Raijou, include the Dust Brigade and the Warr twins.

"During one of the first Dust Brigade attacks," said Clan leader Anthony ""Redstalker" Durousseau when I spoke to him, "one of them dropped a hologram of a woman taunting us. That woman was positively identified as Midia." Redstalker further claims that Midia is the leader of a terrorist group masquerading as the Dust Brigade, and that the sniper is targeting people responsible for uncovering this information.

Who is this strange sniper, and the mysterious woman who apparently employs her? To what ends would a false Dust Brigade be used? Is the general populace safe from these attacks, or might they too fall prey to the sniper? There is simply more questions than answers at this point.

Perhaps the mystery employer is not quite so close to home? The Dust Brigade and the Warrs are prime suspects, to be sure...but perhaps the culprits are a past threat, come back to take Rubi-ka.

I speak of SOL Banking.

They have the motive and means, and sniping innocent citizens of Rubi-Ka, from all sides of the conflict, fits their profile perfectly.

Something to think about...
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

Originally posted by Eternalforce
    Perhaps the mystery employer is not quite so close to home? The Dust Brigade and the Warrs are prime suspects, to be sure...but perhaps the culprits are a past threat, come back to take Rubi-ka.

I speak of SOL Banking.

They have the motive and means, and sniping innocent citizens of Rubi-Ka, from all sides of the conflict, fits their profile perfectly.

Something to think about...
    Omni-Internops is in the business of random speculation now? How sad... I thought "lies and innuendo" suited you much better, personally...

-Blackpetal
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

Dr Jaklin Jones, Field medic

For once i have to agree with Blackpetal - if SOL was coming back, it would be much different, with either a more widespread conspiricy (hah) or an outright invasion.
    Division9, RSGE

Jaklin 'Vadimoridin' Jones - Doctor
    Mavron - Engineer
    Calis "Covayende" Camori - Martial Artist

(Not Div9 Affiliated)
    Marissa 'Tohdasar' Aristo - Doctor

I have to agree with Eternalforce. That would fit SOL's MO quite well. As they are so quick to remind us, Omni is the legal guardians of Rubi-Ka. What better way to prove Omni-Tek is unfit to renew their lease then to demonstrate that they cannot provide adequate protection to the citizens...
    Michael "Talonarr" Hawke
    Clan Adventurer
    Dual Resident of Borealis/Jobe

The Choice

Originally posted by Talonarr
    I have to agree with Eternalforce. That would fit SOL's MO quite well. As they are so quick to remind us, Omni is the legal guardians of Rubi-Ka. What better way to prove Omni-Tek is unfit to renew their lease then to demonstrate that they cannot provide adequate protection to the citizens...
    With ONE sniper? Please...a hyper-corporation with the resources of SOL plans to stir up planetary unrest and make the case for termination (or, at least, non-renewal) of the corporation's lease based on that?

Ockham's razor and common sense BOTH dictate that this is false. Much better that we focus on actual threats than these boogeyman fantasies.

-Blackpetal

Most likely its like the article statses - a disgurntled previous member.

SOL would end up doing something much more devious, much less obvious, and much more widespread.
    Division9, RSGE

Mavron - Engineer

(Not Div9 Affiliated)

Originally posted by Vadimoridin
    SOL would end up doing something much more devious, much less obvious, and much more widespread.
    Agreed.

Originally posted by Ammicus

Agreed.
    That I agree with Nathan Age on something makes me more uncomfortable than I can possibly express...

-Blackpetal

Originally posted by Blackpetal
    That I agree with Nathan Age on something makes me more uncomfortable than I can possibly express...
    Flatery will get you no where. Except perhaps into a cell with a window, as opposed to the standard fare.

Originally posted by Ammicus

Flatery will get you no where. Except perhaps into a cell with a window, as opposed to the standard fare.
    I've experienced the "standard fare"... It's hard to imagine a window improves the experience much...

The fact that im agreeing with a known traitor to the Company doesnt help me much either Blackpetal
    Division9, RSGE

Mavron - Engineer

(Not Div9 Affiliated)

In my own defense, I was only bringing to the table an alternative possibility, and was in no way claiming said possibility was fact. However, after reviewing the evidence presented, I too agree that this is probably not the work of SOL.

Whoever it is, though, needs to be stopped.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

A disgruntled former member? Come on.... With the power to lower the supression gas only for himself. I think it would take efforts from more than one to acomplish this. And seriously I dont believe we should overlook this matter and place it in our "bottom drawer". This person is dangerous and I for one believe firmly he is backed up somehow. I dont buy that whole "on man on a revenge trip" theori. We are talking about a proffesional. With the likes of we may never have had on this planet. This is no random killer. A person whom I think gets orders, lays down a strategy , and executes with pinpoint presicion. An artist at what he does. SOL, Midia, Warr Twins or any other with the recources too control or hire this sniper are someone we should all be very afraid of. And certainly not overlook. More efforts on investigating is my recomendation.

Blacpetal, you call this a boogeyman fantasy... When will you wake up from YOUR fantasy. When you do I think you will be very surprised there actually are boogeymen out there. And they are not the ones you are running from....
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

The sniper is very real, and extremely skillfull. At one time i am certain that he or she fired from at least four times the max range of any sniper rifle i have ever heard of, and not to mention performing true "one shot, one kill". He or she is able to vanish without a trace, and initiate aggression under 100% supression.

So far only lethal ammunition has been used. How long untill the sniper starts using Perma-kill ammo?

And personaly i 100% sure that this sniper is working for Midia as he or she has been almost exclusivly targeting people that are working against Midia.

Stop Midia, you stop the sniper.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Heh, asking Midia to stop something like that is kinda like asking a reet to quit preening itself. Not in it's nature, it ain't gonna happen. People like her don't understand that kind of language.
    Michael "Talonarr" Hawke
    Clan Adventurer

The Choice

Originally posted by Talonarr
    Heh, asking Midia to stop something like that is kinda like asking a reet to quit preening itself. Not in it's nature, it ain't gonna happen. People like her don't understand that kind of language.
    I don't think Xhair's comment was a request so much as it was a suggested course of action...

Oh, and to Naefen, please note that I did not say the sniper was not an actual threat, only that we should treat that threat realistically, rather than looking for a "boogeyman" on whom to place the blame. We have a skilled and dangerous sniper, we don't have a huge corporate conspiracy.

-Blackpetal

Originally posted by Blackpetal

I don't think Xhair's comment was a request so much as it was a suggested course of action...

Well, leet dung, I should have realized that. "Stop Midia" not "Stop, Midia".

*checks his coffee machine*

Just what I thought...I put decaf in this morning. No wonder I'm out of sorts.
    Must be an Omni conspiracy.
    Michael "Talonarr" Hawke
    Clan Adventurer

The Choice

Heh. Yeah, we Omni live for nothing else than to sneak De-caf in peoples brewers.

It´s how we are planning to take over the universe you know.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Duly noted Blackpetal, misunderstanding due to us probably having different meanings of what a boogeyman is..... sort of.
    I never ment to place blame, but I certainly ment and still mean that the sniper is not alone.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast