Thread: /petition changes

/petition changes

You are really left in the Dark when you petition as to what the status is when you /petition. Also I often get no response at all and am left wondering if anyone ever received it.

Some changes I suggest

1) have a note saying what numeric position you are in when you enter the petition. Obviously if I have some small problem I will not worry about a large queue waiting. Which leads to my next suggestion.

2) have the ability to remove the petition. I have had several brain farts and found out what I was having trouble with was my own stupidity. Then the ARK shows up and asks how they can help. DOH!

3) the ability to check your petition status. I realize that there may be a priority given to some issue or problem. But it would be nice to see that your petition is being moved closer to being answered. If it's getting late and your still 50 out in the petiton queue then remove it (or leave it and go to bed).

4) In cases where multiple petitions for the same thing are entered by multiple people an attempt should be made to notify the player that this is a known issue. Then move on. I have spent 3 hours waiting to find out that the problem I was experiencing was known issue and had already been reported by multiple people. I really didn't need to take up their time with a known issue, when what I was interested in was making sure the issue was known.(some of this should make it to this site but I don't read the boards and play)

5) spam petitioners should be warned if they petition too often or for invalid reasons. There are people who repeatedly petition for whatever reason and they should not take up all the time or the GM's and ARKs.

I'd like to have a /complain option. I'll admit a couple of times i've been so mad I've petitioned merely to complain (even though there's better things the ARK's have to spend their time on.)

I want to see a /complain command and for Funcom to promise that someone will read it (even if they don't). That would really help me alleviate some of the stress this game causes.

Hmmm, my petition experiences: Stuck in wall, two hour response (probably because ARK wasting time with complaints), /org kick not working, 3 hour response, 1 hour waiting for a GM (probably because ARK wasting time with complaints, and GM's handling all the griefers and exploiters). I think personally, when players quit bothering the ARKs with nonsense, they will probably be able to handle the serious problems on a timely basis. And, by the way, they will not replace anything except a lost apartment key, why are we still petitioning for this ?? Get a clue ?? I don't agree with the non-replacement policy, but that is the rule for now, and I live with it, however reluctantly.

Originally posted by Lorche
    Hmmm, my petition experiences: Stuck in wall, two hour response (probably because ARK wasting time with complaints), /org kick not working, 3 hour response, 1 hour waiting for a GM (probably because ARK wasting time with complaints, and GM's handling all the griefers and exploiters). I think personally, when players quit bothering the ARKs with nonsense, they will probably be able to handle the serious problems on a timely basis. And, by the way, they will not replace anything except a lost apartment key, why are we still petitioning for this ?? Get a clue ?? I don't agree with the non-replacement policy, but that is the rule for now, and I live with it, however reluctantly.

Exactly why I would like to know how long it might be. 3 hours is a long wait.

Mustafo

2) have the ability to remove the petition. I have had several brain farts and found out what I was having trouble with was my own stupidity. Then the ARK shows up and asks how they can help. DOH!
    I hate to keep being so negative, but the game has enough issues as it is. I've only petitioned once so far in a month and a half, and it was WELL thought out. Even so, it was not ever answered, so it must have not been that important (although I think clan guards attacking a neutral in a 75% zone is important, perhaps FC doesn't ).

Please think long and hard as to whether your petition is going to take away from the general good of the game by wasting GMs and ARKs time. Thanks.

Thumbs up

All the points above are valid and should be implemented in my opinion. Waiting for 3 hours to get out of stuck geometrics is not acceptable.

/remove_petition should be looked into as soon as possible. Would reduce some of the messages that get answered by other players.

And if you thought that this was a shameless bump.... you're right But this is a really important issue!

I agree

Yes, much of the frustration with petitioning is knowing if anyone out there is even listening. I understand that a Saturday afternoon petition will take quite some time, but knowing it's location in the Q will make waiting much more tolerable.

Maybe some form of feedback to the client for every 10th position you move up the queue?

Like : "Your petition is now number 40 in the queue. If you want to remove your petition, type /remove_petition."

Also some sort of classification of the problem. Like a keyword of some sort. Maybe even a pop-up box for entering the petition? For example, you write /petition and get a pup-up asking for the necessary info. "Petition text, classification of problem, timeout value (possibility to set lower timeout if you aren't gonna be online for long)?... and maybe some more things. This would not only help us, but help the ARK's get working on the urgent petitions instead of petitions like: "What did you do last patch? My gun unequips my left hand!"

the key to getting your petition answered is to be vague

say something like

hey, i need help and have a quick question, could someone please help me when they get the chance?

i get a response w/ in 15 minutes everytime when i petition like this

shadey yes, but it seems to be the only way to get an answer around this friggin place

Red face NO

I dont think that using a vague petition isn't the case at all. Rather it was either luck that they pulled out your petition at random. Or the queue was actually very small when you petitioned, so you got a promptly response. I seriously doubt that you petitioned 1 hour after a patch! I have seen the response time increase dramatically after patches and during peak hours.

And if I where an ARK, I would rather pull a petition that said: "Im stuck in a wall, get me out please" than yours "Help me!". And by the way, I dont think the ARK's screen the petition before they solve it. That is proven from long response when players are stuck. The stuck issue is something that has higher priority than questions like: "Whats with this patch? My weapon is nerfed!". So I definently think using a vague petition text is the wrong path to venture on.