Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fix da Atrox!

Fix da Atrox!

Right now there's no real benefits of being an atrox, except being able to use a beam and da taunter (and looking really stupid in a thong =).

I don't have the numbers, but I'm pretty sure the difference in HP between atrox and sol is no more than 50-100 with maxed abilities, and the difference in nanopool is more like 1K.

Atroxes should have more HP than other breeds at the cost of less nanopool.

FIX DA ATROX FC!

*bump*
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

what a load of old crap.

there are no problems with the atrox, you can make any prof work by being a trox with a beam. that needs fixing more than some piddling hp worries

The Solitus has a better HP/Nano balance than any other breed (Has a bit more HP/Nano than the opifex as well)

It also costs more to raise all abilities (provided you raise *all* of them) than any other breed.

And if you are a soldier - You dont need nanopool. Atrox is a bit better there. Same with Enf. Beam rocks. As a solitus enf I very very VERY VERY rarely empty my nanopool.

Higher nanomages can cast slightly better nanos. My Solitus level 200 NT brother needs *6* points to selfcast Izgimmer's last word.

I wonder where those 6 pts would be if he was a level 200 Nanomage NT?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Yea, I've said it before, but I want to say it again. We are looking into making the breeds more diverse in the future (eg making Homo Nano more "nano"). So, keep your eyes and ears peeled for this.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Yea, I've said it before, but I want to say it again. We are looking into making the breeds more diverse in the future (eg making Homo Nano more "nano"). So, keep your eyes and ears peeled for this.
    No details, as usual.

Can't we get just one or two straight answers a month? We want to hear "OK, we know the problem is A, B, and C, so we're doing X, Y, and Z to fix it. This will be available in 14.X, which we hope will be out in two months", not "Yeah, I read it and sent the devs a message about it, but I'm not sure if they're even alive in there... they haven't said anything to me in a couple weeks". Fill your statements with qualifications and 'maybes', we understand that things change in development, stuff happens, features get delayed. JUST TALK TO US!!!
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Gotta agree that the only real benefit to being a 'trox is getting a Beam and having 'da Taunter. It's a nice image, but as we all know, 'beauty is only skin deep'.

Finally at the point where my 'trox MP does every nano in the game. This is where the Nano MP and Atrox MP should really start diverging. I would expect DOUBLE the hitpoints of them scrawny runts in exchange for having to go so damn long with inferior nano skills and nanopool.

I think being able to buff the green abilities by a large amount has been a great benefit for my Atrox characters.
    Never took 'em very high in level tho.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Don't forget about making the opifex more ... sneaky like...

Fix it, it's broken!
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Exclamation

Atrox soldier = implant hell

Did I mention ranged energy?

Solitus soldier = Mk X with no timespace and only shining MC. Selfcast Steamroller at 200 with only faded clusters. Might even be able to Mk X at 200 with bright MC, expertise, a pair of Virral eggs and two of those +4 rings. Change head to shining RE then. Less attack with nova, but more with 67% RE guns.

Clanner soldier = Sleeves with Free AR and Fullauto "masteries" and imbalanced as hell for a side-item

See for yourself

400 int/sense/psy (-80 x 3) is a horrible cost for 40 more str and 32 more stam. All nanos suffer, RE suffers, treatment suffers. Can a 200 atrox soldier even put on a 200 head without a faded treatment implant? Soltius can wear decent biomech to boost treat a little more.

BTW, at high levels IP is a non-issue, unless you have to be able to use every weapon.
    Last edited by Mercatura; Jun 15th, 2002 at 22:18:38.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Fix Bump <------
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Atrox want more hp
    nmages want more nano
    Opifex want a bit of both

Solitus has to be the lower one? Uh, so Basically you want to make solitus worse?

arh? Its bad enough not being able to use a beam.

Fix atrox, whats wrong with them? Heh.
    Thats like saying FIX Solitus! nothing wrong.

I see atrox enforcesr do a pretty good job already, why make it worse or why make it better?

atrox enforcers doing a good job?
    ive seen plenty of docs die cause the nano challenged atrox enforcer couldnt draw enough agro after 5 or 6 mongos to keep him alive
    what good is having a ton of HP if you cant keep the agro

the new fire riders that advents get will out damage beams hammers and the old riders untill you get high enough init to overcome the speed difference

being atrox you are penalized with lower nano and lower nano skills
    to make up for that you should be doing more physical damage and taking more damage as well.
    as it stand,after this patch you will not have either of those.
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Atrox want more hp
    nmages want more nano
    Opifex want a bit of both

Solitus has to be the lower one? Uh, so Basically you want to make solitus worse?
    Of these I would say that Nanos have the strongest argument. They give up 800 raw hps at level 200 for 200 raw nano pool. (Compared to Solitus.) I will argue until the end of time that Solitus is a better breed than Nano even for "caster" classes. Sure, health might seem pretty unimportant to a doc. He gets good hp buffs after all. Well, those buff a solitus just as much as a nano breed. And 800 hps will mean the difference between the aggro being pulled off the doc and a dead doc many a time.

But I know my Atrox would happily give up 200 pool at 200 for 800 more health. Every day of the week.

Bump!

Im a 152 Atrox Trader now.

Little did I know that I would have 1000 less max nano at lvl 200. That is about 4 Premium Delayed Health Payments (4000 Health). Thats a lot when it comes to large scale PvP and you get those "Cannot perform this action while in a fight".

Why should Solitus get a 1000 more max nano when they are the basis of all breeds? In my mind they should receive 0 max health and 0 max nano. Every other breed should get modifiers on the basis of its abilities in terms of Solitus abilities. Im not sure Opifex comes out of this any good, so maybe Runspeed should be given a breed bonus too.

The best would be to not give breed bonuses at all, but actually let the abilities set the max modifiers. Just give out more than 3 points for every 12 points raised in the appropriate ability when it comes to Nano Pool, Max Health and again maybe Runspeed.

Atrox chars look really cool in Omni Elite
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Originally posted by WillTell
    [B]atrox enforcers doing a good job?
    ive seen plenty of docs die cause the nano challenged atrox enforcer couldnt draw enough agro after 5 or 6 mongos to keep him alive what good is having a ton of HP if you cant keep the agro[B]
    Just remember to get an NT to give the Enf in the team a decent HE. I know most Enfs love having it for the ability to chain mongo. The NT also loves it as it helps to have someone pull a bit of aggro off them. And the docs love it as they are then 3rd down the aggro list Just a bit of a prob if you don't have an NT handy, so remember to not leave home without one (NT that is).
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

well now Da Taunter is only good for scraching those hard to reach places. I understand the need to shorten the range and all, but shesh. Now you practilly have to be having intimate relations with a mob before it has any effect. If you could, do something good for the tough guys that are supose to keep all the fancy smart types alive. Make my Da Taunter work again.

Bricksolid

Atrox Enforcer

RK1

..and add the damage back to Da Taunter! If I wanna pull aggro, I wanna give out some damage. Da Taunter should be much better than a normal Taunter..
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast