Thread: Cryogenic Breakthrough on Rubi-Ka

Cryogenic Breakthrough on Rubi-Ka

Cryogenic Breakthrough on Rubi-Ka
    Jynnine

(OTPC) -- If you or a loved one suffer from an illness, which current technology is unable to treat; or you feel like you live in the past, and wish you could experience the more advanced technologies of the future, tomorrow; A clan organization, by the name of KryoGen Corporation, may have the ability to make these dreams a reality.

“Freeze, Wait, Reanimate. Building a better future while you sleep." as spoken by the President of KryoGen Corporation, Demonsurge, successfully sums up KryoGen Corporation's service to the community.

Using advanced cryogenic technology, KryoGen Corporation is able to preserve human life at near sub-zero temperatures for extended periods of time. "It still kind of in the experimental phases but soon enough the KryoGen Corporation should be able to release out services to the general population of Rubi-Ka," according to Shioko "Shiori" Omori, a unit member of KryoGen Corporation. The organization was hesitant about releasing their internal test results to the public, due to the potentially dangerous nature of the technology. However, as stated by Doctor "Torathen" Death, a general of KryoGen Corporation, “So far, the only complications we have had were during tests done upon Shadowleets. Due to their ability to phase in and out, the technology seems to go haywire when introduced to the subjects. They tend to go invisible after freezing, and can't be found again.”

Unfortunately, this also poses a huge risk for the Omni-Tek Corporation. This Clan organization may very well help the Clans take an economic lead over Omni-Tek. It is not yet known, whether KryoGen Corporation will share this service with citizens of Omni-Tek or if they will just hoard the technologies for Clan members only.

Could this be the next big thing for Rubi-Ka? We will have to wait and see. The benefits from this service are endless and the risks are minimal. KryoGen plans to release this new technology in the near future. Omni-Tek naturally will not be out-done, and plans are being made to try and emulate the technology. Who will ultimately win this race is anyone's guess. But as we've seen in the past, first to market does not always mean first to profit.

((OOC: Ok, nothing personal, but i would like to hear the explanation why it took 30.000 years to perfect Cryogenics? Something most scientist belives will be cracked in 100-200 years tops if it can be done at all. Also, Cryogenics and Supended Animation are both working on the same principle, and if you look at this, (at the bottom) Sus-An has been in use for a long time.))
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

(( Yes, it has been 30,000 years, but don't forget humanity went through another dark age thanks to the Omega after which reverted to very primitive lifestyles.

More to the point, thses things will always be a little fuzzy. Did you ever stop to think how, despite how amzing technology like The Grid or the Whom-pahs are, your basic stereo sound system on Rubi-Ka looks like it came from the 1980s? :-) ))
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

((OOC: Yeah. I also wondered how there could be wine 2.500 years old that is supposedlöy bottled on Rubi-Ka when there has only been humans here for like 700ish years. Hehehe. I might be the one to re-invent the wheel and bring vehicles into SL. ))
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...

OOC: I'm a bit suprised to see an article like this, talking positively about clan being posted from the OT news channel.

We are still at war with clan. I would have expected a far more su****ious inquiry about what the clans might abuse this technology for when posted by OT news channel.

This article would have made much more sense when posted from the clan news channel.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

/ooc

It might help if you think of the Omni-Clan conflict as a cold war, sort of like between the USA and USSR between 1950s-80s. Although the two sides came close to all-out-war on a number of occasions, most of the 'action' was pretty indirect, be it through covert operations (missions anyone?) or through interference in affairs of smaller countries.
    That however did not mean that throughout these three decades all commercial, cultural or sporting links between the US and USSR we severed.

That to me sort of captures the mood on Rubi-Ka. There are no front lines, no major offensives, an no city has been taken (and held) for 250 years or so. Hot spots in the conflict will flare up from time to time, as in Sabalum nearly 2 years ago or more recently when a commando unit tried to free an Omni pilot held prisoner in Athen, but these incidents tend to cool off before things get out of hand as neither side really wants a full blown war on their hands.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Still, I find the article written from a clan mindset, not an omni one.
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

I think its excellent that this reporter is able to report without being biased. Every other reporter could learn from Jynnine

That made no sense, one said the reporter was clan biased, the next comment says the same reporter was unbiased. The two are mutually exclusive. In light of that conflicting reader viewpoints one would conclude that the reporter WAS biased or there wouldn't be this confusion.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Spoken like a true burocrat, I didn't understand a word you said

Omni-Tek is your friend!

Originally posted by Kithrak
    That made no sense, one said the reporter was clan biased, the next comment says the same reporter was unbiased. The two are mutually exclusive.
    Not if one of those persons' views are biased. A neutral opinion will seem biased in the eyes of a biased person.

Originally posted by Dyna18
    Still, I find the article written from a clan mindset, not an omni one.
    Just because the reporter doesn't think that the Clans are evil or bad, doesn't mean that it was a biased article. It was one of the most unbiased things that I have ever seen on this forum.

Just because you are an OT employee doesn't mean that you have to hate the clans.

Just an afterthought: I'm surprised that SOL Banking Corp. hasn't been accused of backing the Clans by some biased OT employee

That is because there is no need for accusations. SBC backed the Clans way back when... Can´t realy say how it is now, but i would not be a bit surprised if there area some SBC Credits in the pockets of the most militant Clans. Not that it makes any difference.
    Thou Shalt Kill."

Cryogenics is extremely difficult to harness on Rubi-Ka. All of us have been infused with a substantial amount of nanotechnology, as well as having implants and symbiants grafted in and on our bodies.

It is one thing to keep organic cells viable during cryogenic stasis. It is another to keep everything non-organic and biomechanical viable as well.

Unfortunately, this also poses a huge risk for the Omni-Tek Corporation. This Clan organization may very well help the Clans take an economic lead over Omni-Tek. It is not yet known, whether KryoGen Corporation will share this service with citizens of Omni-Tek or if they will just hoard the technologies for Clan members only.

you call this unbiased?

Reclaim technology can only successfully recreate persons of a certain age, and it manipulates the person't soul to do so.

My question is: Does a 'frozen' person's soul age beyond the reach of reclaim technology? Sure the body doesn't age, but can you freeze someone's soul?

Has this been verified either way? Tested? Even thought of?
    Ike "Fikksit" Schatz - General of Desert Winds
    Sleep is for the weak

Originally posted by Sares
    Cryogenics is extremely difficult to harness on Rubi-Ka. All of us have been infused with a substantial amount of nanotechnology, as well as having implants and symbiants grafted in and on our bodies.

It is one thing to keep organic cells viable during cryogenic stasis. It is another to keep everything non-organic and biomechanical viable as well.
    Assuming it reaches near 0 Kelvin, regardless, matter stands still.

Of course this reporter claims "Near sub zero temperatures"

"Sub zero" indicates something other than Kelvin as 0 Kelvin cannot be reduced. In which case your point is extremely valid.

Originally posted by Reepa

Assuming it reaches near 0 Kelvin, regardless, matter stands still.
    Technically this isn't true, matter just approaches the minimum allowable energy state. For systems of bound particles, i.e. molecules and solid matter, this means there will still be a certain minimal amount of vibrational energy.

Also, once the entire body becomes solid, you have to contend with differences in thermal expansion--composite materials tend to fall apart if the temperature changes very much, even if the change is gradual.

Phase changes can also cause a solid object to crumble into dust. While people generally tend to think matter exists in 3 states--solid, liquid, and gas, most substances have more. Water has not one but actually seventeen different solid states depending on pressure and temperature, so you could theoretically reduce the body to dust instead of preserving it if you don't have some clever tricks up your sleeve.

(OOC: None of this is made up. I knew working on a Ph.D. in materials science would be useful somewhere, I just didn't expect it to be here. )