Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FC removing the old/orginal GUI???

i agree... old one is better.

Why not making an hybrid of new/old ?

map/team/status. This is what i see all the time, in new gui, it is not viable...

So plz make something good, an hybrid for example
    Vaultcitizen ADV 190. Teh pistol gimpness
    Catspawgirl NT 171. Pnh/Ior Dispenser
    Mareva Fix 167. GSF, Hot and fix grid Dispenser
    Canigou MP 135. CI Dispenser
    Pipboy2001 MA 80ish in gamboling doing /fblock.

Rubi-Ka 1

allways /tell Vaultcitizen

Originally posted by CatsPawG
    Why not making an hybrid of new/old ?
    Naw, no need for hybrid one. Just leave the old UI as an option for those who like it.
    Katelin "Uenie" Ashwell
    Squad Commander of Mayhem

There's no shame in asking RTFM questions any more, because these days, there is just too much FM to R

Put me on the "old-GUI-lover" list too.
    I tried the new one two times, but the lost viewspace was realy inacceptable for resolutions under 1600x1200
    Sry for my bad englisch

I use the new GUI now, but it took a couple of months, and wasn't really until I started playing my MP regularly again that I switched...

But it is deteriorating with the new patches, the new floating Map window is the final straw, I'll be switching back to the old GUI now, I think...
    Lorna, 209/13 Trader on Die Neue Welt
    Jaegerin 220/21 Adenturer equip
    Yeuh 220/20 Doctor equip
    General of Midnight Syndicate

- Live long and prosper, but not at the expense of your comrades

If you miss the petwindow in the old GUI, Ctrl-Shift-F7, then by DistValues, pet_window

If that is the point why you use the new GUI with your MP :-)
    Sry for my bad englisch

I quite like the looks of the new GUI, but it's horrible broken, flashing on and off and mainly being gone in Inferno. No old GUI == no doing anything in Inferno for me.
    They killed my .sig again.

Originally posted by bufo
    (small text leads to eyestrain leads to headaches )
    You know that you can change the font and the size of the text in the launcher, don't you?

Cheers.
    Concealment is bugged in PvM: hit sneak two times after you zone. Only then you will be able to sneak properly.

Ahhh... the joys of the weekend and trying and fiddling a bit with GUI settings...

Those of you with multiple accounts ont he same machine: do NOT switch the old GUI on on one account and leave the other in the new GUI... it screws up the new GUI COMPLETELY... Did that this weekend and damn... that sucked... As for the new little minimap... I now have my references window open all the time (CTRL-3) and cover it with my minimap. I moved the references window to the top, so it sits above the wear menu (CTRL-1).

This made it more playable. Still not the way I'd like it to be, but playable.

I like both the old and the new GUI, but give the option to dock back the minimap to where it was. My problems with the minimap are simply this:

1) it floats which is a pain in the rearend
    2) it doesn't center around my character, in missions it puts you in a corner until there's enough room around you, then it will center around you. I hate 'running' into the edges of my map...
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

Originally posted by Pinkoid
    Ahhh... the joys of the weekend and trying and fiddling a bit with GUI settings...

Those of you with multiple accounts ont he same machine: do NOT switch the old GUI on on one account and leave the other in the new GUI... it screws up the new GUI COMPLETELY... Did that this weekend and damn... that sucked... As for the new little minimap... I now have my references window open all the time (CTRL-3) and cover it with my minimap. I moved the references window to the top, so it sits above the wear menu (CTRL-1).

This made it more playable. Still not the way I'd like it to be, but playable.

I like both the old and the new GUI, but give the option to dock back the minimap to where it was. My problems with the minimap are simply this:

1) it floats which is a pain in the rearend
    2) it doesn't center around my character, in missions it puts you in a corner until there's enough room around you, then it will center around you. I hate 'running' into the edges of my map...
    What I liked about the old docked map was that it was in the row with the other docked windows and if I didn't need it for a couple of seconds, or I needed to look at one of the other windows, it would scroll out the way, or I could temporarily roll it up out the way - like when trading. I hope this isn't a general trend and that all window will eventually be free floating.
    Last edited by Lorna; Feb 16th, 2004 at 12:11:21.
    Lorna, 209/13 Trader on Die Neue Welt
    Jaegerin 220/21 Adenturer equip
    Yeuh 220/20 Doctor equip
    General of Midnight Syndicate

- Live long and prosper, but not at the expense of your comrades

I see alot of whiny posts on this topic by people who can't adjust to change, funcom doesn't care about you, they know change is a part of life. It doesnt' mean they don't care about your valid suggestions, but if they tell you what they're going to do, they're not asking your permission, they're preparing you for what will be.

1. The perk actions menu where you can create a perk macro.. where is that in the old gui?

2. backstab macro still only exists in OLDGUI so if you get rid of old gui you get rid of backstab for shade.. maybe you better fix that first, eh?

I am a user of the old GUI. I have tried the new GUI a couple of times and really did not like it at all. Please do not remove the old GUI as I would cancel my account immediately.

Then if i could not get use to using the new GUI, and the old was still unavailable, before the time on my account ran out FC loses another paying customer.

In the Post from CZ saying the old GUI would be removed cause there is a bug in the new one because of the old seems to be horse pucky.

Since the player has to log out to change GUIs couldn't FC code them seperately? Not just partially seperate but completely so there wouldn't be any conflicts between the two.

Yes i realize that would be more coding for FC but wouldnt it gaurantee no bugs between the two since they would use seperate code?
    Cboathii 220/18 Meta Setup will complete when i am able
    Originally posted by Saran:
    Originally Posted by Moocow
    cough*new servers & fiber optics* cough
    Saran:
    Tandy isn't compatible with fiber optics.

Just a thought, but has anybody e-mailed FC about this? I imagine a bunch of e-mails would attract more attention than a topic on the forums.

I prefer the old GUI too. The new one is too Graphical for me, please don't remove the old GUI.
    Shade - RK1

I only play one character

One thing for all folks, it might not be a cureall but a workaround -

shift \

Originally posted by ZenMoon
    I see alot of whiny posts on this topic by people who can't adjust to change, funcom doesn't care about you, they know change is a part of life.
    Yes, but when the change is to use something that is inferior (imo anyways), then you bet I will be complaining about it...

The old gui is very simple, and doesn't "waste" viewspace imo. I really like the fact that I can "shrink" the view size on the right side of the screen so that my menus are not blocking anything.... Same with the bottom corners of the screen, the new gui completely covers these areas... why? Yes, I like a nice looking gui (which is why I use the Dovve skin), but the new gui "wastes" this area in my opinion.

Quite a few people have made some very valid points to keep the old gui in game... I truely hope they do.
    Linxz, 209 Doctor
    Tripleload, 170 Soldier
    Nulinx, 150ish NT

perhaps they can make it easier to swap between the two gui's.

I use the old one simply because I dont like the new one..... easy as that
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
    --Albert Einstein

Hmm... camping?!?

Phikks - Fixer
    Grandalph - MP
    Qhite - MA

Originally posted by ZenMoon
    perhaps they can make it easier to swap between the two gui's.
    Their plan is to eradicate the old GUI, which IMO is not a good thing. An option would be to make it LOOK moer like the new gui in regards of colors, borders and so on, but leave the layout as is.

Too many people still use the old GUI, for good reasons. Disabling it for them would make them HAVE to use something they find to be inferior to what they use now. Would you accept it whenever someone would come in, take your widescreen TV and replace it with a 14' black and white set?

Leave the old GUI there, actually, make a mix for people. Give them the same menuoptions, but let the GUI be the judge of where they are on the map. In other words, if the old GUI is selected, have all windows move where they once were and dock the minimap. If they select the new GUI, well... leave it as is with the possibility to dock the minimap like in the old GUI

Oh well... I could keep this up for a while, were it not that I would eventually get a warning for repeating myself (as in spam the forums) with this gripe of mine on the minimap...
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

Originally posted by Cz
    feedback@anarchy-online.com
    Hehe, or this is the reply you get

Anyway, now that we do have you devided attention (), is there some sort of stance on this amongst the employees in the offices? I would imgaine not everyone is shouting halleluja over the map. I don't know how they feel about the old GUI, but what is YOUR feeling over the new minimap? C'mon, bare it all for teh world to see guys and gals in the up-north ofices (well for me they're up-north )
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast