Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: list of fixer-related items involving camping to obtain

Post list of fixer-related items involving C A M P I N G to obtain

this is my attempt to make a list of most of the current fixer related items
    which r more or less only obtainable by camping. by doing this i want to show
    how hard and time consuming it is for us fixers to get viable equipment. feel
    free to see this as another whining-threat, but i hope, its a more constructive
    whining in order to make the devs aware of the problems their last attempt of
    fixing our profession caused. please add items to the post i might have not
    thought about.
    NOTE: i dont want to say other professions DONT have to camp for items, but imo
    the fixers do have to camp for WAY MORE items than other professions and LACK
    the large amount of alternatives other professions are given.

-------------------------
    Rubika:

Grid-Armor:

Grid Armor MK 1
    Grid Armor MK 2
    Grid Armor MK 3
    Grid Armor MK 4

love it or hate it. one of the most desireable items for PVM on RK.

no confirmed drop location, no confirmed mob-type droping it ==> can drop from anything.

drop rate is close to once in a lifetime.

can be obtained by:

• being lucky
    • spending a lifetime for camping dynas, team missions, single, missions, outdoor mobs, outdoor camps
    • spedning another lifetime blitzing/ farming chash to b able to buy a disc for an unbelieveable price

its social armor ==> cant wear any common armor / items while wearing GA with some exceptions:

Corroded Ring

adds a comparable low amount to max HP, can wear 2 rings at a time with GA

drops from Tri Plumbo in foremans. pretty easy to obtain, even solo at a certain level.

drop rate is acceptable.

Rust-pitted Ring

adds a nice amount to max HP, can wear 2 rings at a time with GA

drops from Ian Warr, Primus Camp in Eastern Foul Plains

very rare drop. ian war is a unique raid mob who has to b spawned. it takes pretty long to
    kill him and u need to do days/weeks/month of endless camping to farm raid-points or enough
    money to get the loot rights for the item.

Mirror Mask of Ljotur

nice head item providing acceptable mods (AC/hp) combined with acceptable negative mods.

drops from Ljotur in Deep Artery Valley. u need a full team 160+ to obtain it. Ljotur himself
    has to b spawned by killing placeholders ==> CAN b very time consuming and at least a full team
    of players is involved to spend their time there.

drop rate is pretty rare due to the varying loot table.

Cyborg Death Squad Body Armor ( won't post the whole set here)

drops from Cyborgs in Mort and Perpetual Wastelands.

drop rate is very low.

can b obtained by spending hours of camping or by spending those hard earned credits.

Manex Catastrophe December

the top-of-the-line PVM fixer on Rubika.

doenst drop ingame anymore*

*CORRECTION:
    referring to Moscatinka's and MrNord's replies, Manex is dropping again, still isn't rollable again tho.

can b obtained only by buying / being given.

the price is rather acceptable, at the level u will want to wield the manex effectively, u usually
    have the cash to buy it w/o leaving with a big hole in your pocket.

HUD Upgrade: Enhanced Target Acquisition

drops from T.I.M in foremans.

this item is a must, if your are wielding a manex, due to the nice ranged ini-mod.

drop rate is acceptable, BUT as nearly every profession can use this item its totally overcamped and the main problem isnt to take the mob down but to OD the lot of other teams camping.

Lock Pick of Eight

drops from Broods Champions on Hollow Island in Belial Forset.

drop rate is acceptable.

HI is a tough outdoor dynacamp. after camping for an item (Scorpion droppings) from the local fauna in form of Scorpion-type mobs, u can spawn the 1st wave of eremite-type mobs called "Broods". the waves consist of a boss mob and his minions. there r 9 waves of Broods with a boss mob in each of them. the mobs get harder each wave. after the 9th wave the "bad guy" spawns (not to mention the tons of adds he brings along). taking down this camp involves at least 2 full teams 180+ and takes up to 4 hours. 2 teams have to camp and spend hours of time again (spawning included).

Nano Crystal (Hack Grid Data Stream)

nano program which enables the fixer to get access to the fixer grid on Rubika. this allows
    the fixer to travel around the whole world of rubika faster than any other profession.

the nanoprogram is a quest reward. the quest is doable with some effort around lvl 40 and
    can b done solo with some outside buffs. having a YALM is not necessary but helps.

no real camping involved here, but some "dry-runs" should b dont b4 doin the real task.

Nano Crystal (Hack Grid Data Stream (Team)

nanoprogram which enables the fixer to grant team member access to the fixer grid.

the nanoprogram is another quest reward. this quest involves heavy duty camping. u need to spawn
    3 cyborgs in different locations of rubika. this is done by killing placeholders. once again,
    it CAN take ages to spawn each borg but thats not the biggest issue. u have to check all the time
    if your previously spawned borgs r still up and didnt get killed by the local explorer hunting
    down some outdoor mobs. after successful spawning u have to get to a 4th location to get an item
    u need to trade to the spawned borgs w/o aggroing them in a certain amount of time. if u r too
    slow, the borgs will despawn and u have to start over again. worst thing abt the quest is, once
    the borgs r spawned ANYONE can do the quest, means, if u r unlucky the not-so-fellow-fixer comes
    by, completes his quest by trading with the borgs u spent a lifetime to spawn, and the borgs
    despawn instantly ==> u have to start over again.

Curl of the Weasel Whiskers

profession ring.

this profession ring is a quest reward. according to the lvl requirements u will need a full
    team to take the quest mobs "Jack the Legchopper" down. of course this mob has to b spawned
    by killing placeholders again, which once again CAN involve heavy duty camping, at lvl 130 for
    a full team again...

Shadowlands:

Syndicate Shades

really nice item which has awesome mods to HP/SMG/burst and acceptable ACs.

drops from pothole eremite bosses ("... Abomination" / "...Aversion") in the adonis abyss.

drop rate is close to once in a lifetime again.

it more or less take weeks/month to get the "Light Perennium Container" which holds the shades
    with few exceptions of ppl who got their shades rather quickly. Due to these bosses dropping
    patterns beside the LPC it involves insane camping / ODing. the rarity of this item is underlined
    by the fact, that they r not sold at the boards atm. every1 who got them, got em for personal
    use obviously.

Exploiter's Body Armor (wont post full set there)

Originally posted by Zura
    These armor pieces (like Zealot / Smugglers and all the other undercover armor sets) drop of specific mob types in SL.

Its actually quite easy to get a full Exploiter set once you know which mob types that drops them within a certain level range.

For mid QL stuff, Scheol is the place to hunt. Exploiter armor drops at QL 100ish to QL 160ish from Nightwing mobs (black bird creatures) both in NE part of Upper Scheol, and in SE part of Lower Scheol. Drop rate is better from bosses / named mobs than from regular mobs - I d say about 15% chance or so. So chances are, if you do a sweep of the 6 bosses in either of the zones, you will end up with one piece of Exploiter armor. Also : the bosses are quite frequently killed in pattern hunting, and far from all people pick up the armor they drop. So you may just be able to loot several parts from corpses just lying around.

Inamorata Blaster

drops from redeemed mobs in various qualities in all SL-playfields. basic type of gun, which
    can be upgraded into an inamorata bothaar blaster (burst special) and in the last step into
    a city blaster.

drop rate is extremely low, especially in the high-lvl game, where we dont have viable alternative
    guns. its VERY hard to solo, even for well setup high-lvl fixers.

involves ages of camping to find a gun at an appropriate ql. involves some more camping to find
    a "Grey Glyph of Bothaar" which needs to b added by a tradeskiller to apply the burst special.
    currently its not possible to upgrade it into ql 200+ city blaster, cuz there r no "Turn Spirits"
    in the correct ql-range ingame, which need to b applied on the bothaar blaster in order to
    upgrade it.
    NOTE: the turnspirit has to be within 10% ql-range of the blaster. comparable inamorata guns
    for other professions such as soldier, agents do only need to b within 20% (!) ql-range of the
    inamorata.

Jake

drops from named mobs, outdoor bosses, named bosses.

drop rate is very low.

acceptable min-dmg, way too slow w/o outside buffs. the higher the ql, the slower the speed of the gun.
    camping factor = high, very hard to solo at high ql-range.

Defender of Troy

drops from Archaic Dungeon bosses at various qualities in all sl-playfields.

drop rate is medium.

well...it has a certain amount of min-dmg, the gun has a nice speed, but the reqs r skyhigh
    in the high-ql versions. need a very good team to take down the various dungeon bosses, which
    r of different lvls. with increasing lvl the drop-chance goes up and the chance of the whole
    team dieing aswell. furthermore its close to impossible to fight your way thru the boss mobs
    in the dungeon. take many attempts to bring all the team members in position for the
    boss/kill.
    furthermore the respawn time of the bosses is 90 min if u dont leave the dungeon. if the dungeon
    is empty, the respawn time is 20 min. due to the point, that u dont have a chance to leave
    the dungeon w/o meeping/terminating u have to logg out for 20min, wait for respawn and logg
    back on, hoping that no1 else enters the temple during the respawntime...
    involves serious amount of camping time for a whole team, if not more ppl...

Conflagerant Syndicate Messenger Gun

drops of the Conflagerant Spirit boss in inferno (only confirmed drop location so far).

drop rate is extremely low.

being seen as the first step to fix the fixer profession. nearly unobtainable for fixers
    themselves. full team is needed to survive even the kill, acutally a team with max. 1 fixer
    min 0 fixers + 5 heavy duty dmg-dealers or better as many teams as possible is/are needed
    here. causes insane camping / outdamaging / killstealing / harrassing issues and doesnt need
    to be commented further at this point.

these r all the viable items i can think of currently. please post, if u think there are some
    more items i prolly forgot.

/topspeeder
    Last edited by Topspeeder; Feb 12th, 2004 at 09:58:00.
    GOD SAVE THE POWDER!!

Topspeeder Level 220/12 Fixer Current Gear

Bloodsoaker Level 220/21 Shade Current Gear <<< First 220 Atrox Shade on Rimor >>>

Board Member of HUGE, inc.

Additions:

Cyborg Death Squad Armor - Cyborgs only, very low droprate

Mausser Chemical Streamer - camping shops instead of mobs. The fact that some of the parts have to be within 5% QL range to the top too is slightly rediculous.

Superjolt - I have little doubt this would have been a popular follow up gun for the Gamma Ejector if it weren't for the camping - ultra rare dyna-boss drop, ql 140-150 range only. Not practically 'campable' because the droprate is so low, you would have leveled past it's usefulness before you found 2 to dual wield.

Gamma Ejector - drops from the Bodyguards in Foreman's office only. If it weren't for the comunity consciousness of some of the older fixers not a lot of fixers would get their hands on this gun in time for it to be useful to them. Drop rate is acceptable, but you're often still killing multiple spawns (with forced waiting time in between) to get 2 or even 1.

Padded Love - a Trox fixer's wet dream Boss drop only (dyna/mission), 'acceptable' droprate until you start comparing it to other prof specific armor like for instance MA suits or that soldier (Omni-Pol Trooper?) armor.

Exploiter's armor - It seems weird to complain about this since all professions have 1 or 2 comparable new SL armors, but I can tell you that while trying to find this stuff I could have easily, very easily compiled 20 full suits of Zealot's armor and half of that of complete Tattoo outfits. And I still don't have a complete suit of it...

Corrections:

1st fixer grid quest: This certainly involves camping as the nano-tubes are a very rare drop. Unless you run a lot of missions before level 40 and are lucky enough to find them you can look forward to hours of camping mechdogs. Not as bad as some of the other examples, but considering it's often the first camp-fest you encounter in your fixer carreer still way to heavy. A lot of people give up on the profession over this.

Manex Catastrophy: I don't know where the rumor that this doesn't drop anymore comes from, but unless yesterday's patch changed it I don't think this is true. I have found 2 or 3 Octobers myself past month from where they are supposed to drop: dyna-bosses (i.e. camping again), so unless it is only the December that's not dropping (which seems unlikely) you have been misinformed. I also heard about a December drop from someone but cannot get back to confirm because I forgot who it was

Jake: I would say the drop rate on this is acceptable. It is a pretty rare drop, but not more so then comparably popular SL weapons for other professions. If you do want to label it camping, add the Din Gun too, because that drops just about as often in my experience.

Moscatinka

Aye...manexs are dropping once again...they were takin out briefly...used to be blitzable....however the drop rate is a fairly rare dyna drop.
    Rookie Nordzion -Keeper ~220
    Ashenshugar- 110 Enf
    Mrnord -Fixer 215

"When Christ calls a man, He bids him come and die." -Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I more fear what is within me more than what comes from without."

--Martin Luther

~Holy Ghost~

Proud Member of Paradise

Comment on the Exploiter's armor: These armor pieces (like Zealot / Smugglers and all the other undercover armor sets) drop of specific mob types in SL. Its actually quite easy to get a full Exploiter set once you know which mob types that drops them within a certain level range.

For mid QL stuff, Scheol is the place to hunt. Exploiter armor drops at QL 100ish to QL 160ish from Nightwing mobs (black bird creatures) both in NE part of Upper Scheol, and in SE part of Lower Scheol. Drop rate is better from bosses / named mobs than from regular mobs - I d say about 15% chance or so. So chances are, if you do a sweep of the 6 bosses in either of the zones, you will end up with one piece of Exploiter armor. Also : the bosses are quite frequently killed in pattern hunting, and far from all people pick up the armor they drop. So you may just be able to loot several parts from corpses just lying around.
    Last edited by Zura; Feb 11th, 2004 at 23:31:50.
    Zura
    Fixer of Rubi-Ka 1
    Me - Stuff

thx for the updates bump
    GOD SAVE THE POWDER!!

Bloodsoaker Level 220/21 Shade Current Gear <<< First 220 Atrox Shade on Rimor >>>

update

Lockpick of the eigth

HI raid force needed.

TIM scope

totally ubah camped. takes ages to get due to ODing issues
    GOD SAVE THE POWDER!!

I'd like to save you some trouble, so I've compiled a list of things fixers DON'T need to camp for.

Revelator: There is no FC love that will fix gimpness of the mind

Warning! If you ever see my use "lol" in any of my posts, I'm not serious!

Originally posted by Maista
    I'd like to save you some trouble, so I've compiled a list of things fixers DON'T need to camp for.

Usual complain though... How many times should I repeat?
    That`s NOT item, but "Fix for over nerfing". NCUHI is natural part of the body of Fixer.
    say if you NT had Blue MC at launch despite heavy use of nuke and later FC imprement MC buffing item "to correct your MC for intended level", do you call that uber lewt or even optional item?
    Last edited by Machen; Feb 12th, 2004 at 06:15:17.
    Account status: Canceled.

Machen, I think he just pointed out that there is only ONE fixer item that does not require camping And as such, it is a welcome addition to this thread. And yes, thats a fix, not an ubar item...
    Kiisu, TL 7 fixer of Project-Starlight, RK2.
    Eevatytar, LVL 220 keeper of Project-Starlight, RK2.

Fixers don't need a new pair of glasses, they need a miracle!

upadeted thx for the replies.
    GOD SAVE THE POWDER!!

Droid Control Device
    Drops from the Iron Reet, which is on an 18 hour spawn
    Lynyah - 211/11 Solitus Clan Fixer
    Proud Member of Genesis (RK2)

Quote Originally Posted by Boinky
    you can ride around on the TOtW Train and ride the Taraesque (it's a rollercoaster).

i'm a fixer level 170 myself, so naturally sympathetic to anything which might help us battle our SL gimpiness.

But...how is our situation any different from the other professions?
    Does anyone buy their superior equipment in the shops?

Only one who deviates from the standard are the shades with their tattoos and spirits. Ever tried to play one?

I think the point was that for a period of time the fixers were the providers, ie you needed some armor but were too lazy to blitz it you hired a fixer (or other blitzers).
    Now hardly anyone uses armor & weapons gained from missions at higher levels.(ILBs being a glorious exception).

Personally I don't mind that Uber and Rare items come from unique mobs and static dungeons. I just wished that fixers were able to provide stuff from SL as well.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Originally posted by Terajoule

But...how is our situation any different from the other professions?
    Does anyone buy their superior equipment in the shops?
    as i mentioned in the beginning, im not saying that other professions dont have to camp for items. im not talking about azure or AF armor, cuz that's no profession related item.

what im saying is that the camping involved in order to get the high-end fixer equipment is an serious issue compared to other professions due to extremly low drop-rates, rareness and as far as SL is concerned the nerfage of our skills/buffs (run-buffs etc), the lack of viable dmg output, which is essential in that case.

yes, we have kewl high-end equipment, but it has been always harder to obtain than any other profession related high-end equipment and its getting even worse with SL-items. the main issue here is that the syndicate messenger CAN NOT b seen as high-end or superior stuff, cuz it is a NECESSITY for our profession. other professions have VIABLE alternatives, if they dont wield their profession-related high-end weapons, WE DON'T.
    i would mutter less, if there was on option.
    GOD SAVE THE POWDER!!

Correction Turn Spirit problem has been fixed it now has to be withing 20%.... so now Up to ql 248ish City Blaster/Inspirator can be made... judging from the ql Turn Spirits that have dropped ingame..
    Layartic - I have no fear of falling but I hate hitting the ground!!
    Sunebam - What you want me to heal too!!??
    Shatterstarr - Just kinda relaxing to let your pets work!

And a few other toons of no notable mention yet

Very nice post

Bump

Fixephia 206 Fixer
    Proud member of:
    The BlackHand

someone mentioning CDS reminds me of something thats been ticking me off for a while.

when i first stepped in ToTW shadowfade armor would have rocked to have. but it's agent only.
    my gripe is that I have to camp for weaks for some nice fixer only armor and this stuff falls like rain.
    it's sense/agility. it has some nice buffs i wouldn't mind having. and alright AC. and it looks cool.
    but all i can do is drool because i'm not an agent.

i can't count the number of agents i've put into this stuff while hunting exarch robes.

it's bs.

Nice post..... bump Needs to be in site

A bump and I agree!

My fixer is my 3rd alt but behind my main (an MP) has become my favorite. Fixers definately have to camp more than other professions. I can't believe our HoTs were left off the list. Not a uber rare drop but, unlike other proffessions our nano upgrades stop being sold in the shops at ql 53! Our HoTs are base to our proffession but we have to start slaughtering dyna bosses for them at lvl 50!

Also add to the list Blackbirds, drop off the cenobite shadows in the crypt of home.

the SMG can drop from the sprit along with crete and some other named heckler in inferno... the spirit is soloable btw.. yes yes even fixers can solo em with enough SL lvls

forgot the other stuff i saw that was wrong
    Slybabe: 218 Shade RK2 |
    Gear
    WTB Ogdan/Captured Spirit/Exsequiae patterns 1m per part (sry to cramp your style pimper, but it was too good of a idea)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast