Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandemonium Backstory?

Balance, order, disorder... chaos.

Perhaps the source (good) is the inverse of the aliens core 'source' of power (evil).

Maybe the source was sealed to create balance, to prevent the oposing powers from attempting to destroy it and have full reign (though usually destroying the balance causes everything to cave in, the two sides seldom realise this).

The beast was the seal, we severed the seal, causing mass fluctuations, undoing the balance, causing loss of the oposite (dying aliens). They can now see where the source is again, perhaps the seal kept it from being rediscovered?

So now they know where their arch-nemises is, they seek to challenge it, and we (using the source, notum, the 'good') represent the source itself just as the aliens are the representitives of their source of power.

Now another climactic battle rages, beyond the beast, the armegedon. Good and Evil, in their most dominant forms, meet to face off yet again. Which means we are helping to keep the balance here, since we screwed it up anyway ;p

----------------------------------------

Just my most recent thought on the matter, this is getting me intrigued now, hehe.
    "Chariots strong, horses fast, troops valiant, weapons sharp--so that when they hear the drums beat the attack they are happy, and when they hear the gongs sound the retirement they are enraged.He who is like this is strong."
    -Chang Yu ,author of a commentary of Sun Tzu's 'The Thirteen Chapters'

Originally posted by Raijou

So now they know where their arch-nemises is, they seek to challenge it, and we (using the source, notum, the 'good') represent the source itself just as the aliens are the representitives of their source of power.
    If they're our opposites, then maybe they're coming to take all our jet, immortal fungus, and MA suits.

OH GOOD LORD NO!! Not the Wenwen Master of the Universe and the Bitter vassel nanos! And all those weapon kits and bits of things.... we're so doomed...

But I wanted to throw in, I love some of the SL items descriptions, the use of poems, songs, verses etc. Plus those which actually have a story in there, makes it interesting to read about them now

Something that's been bugging me, Voracious Horror-esque things wear those cuffs, almost bracers, and Mortiigs with their chest strap. This causes me to realise they are semi-sentient, though I think hecklers are less so than the others. If they just spawned from nowhere and began eating the shadowlands, why the personal articles, were they confined, or do they have a strange fashion sense? You decide.
    "Chariots strong, horses fast, troops valiant, weapons sharp--so that when they hear the drums beat the attack they are happy, and when they hear the gongs sound the retirement they are enraged.He who is like this is strong."
    -Chang Yu ,author of a commentary of Sun Tzu's 'The Thirteen Chapters'

It coudl be as simple as a self preservation instinct, but I and my deluded arthur/ergo theory (I will never stop ranting about it) say that theyre badges/uniforms in Arthurs forces. hecklers are grunts so they dont get as much.

I also want to point out this which has sparked my curiosity. It seems to me that this ring indicates that there were people around at the time of the Xan that weren't citizens. A 3rd party organization, which I think eventually became the redeemed/chosen. The xan themselves, I have come to belive, are the aliens who chose simply to flee, rather than sew the seeds of creation. Hence the unredeemed/redeemed lack of understanding of xan technolegy.
    The opinions of Slyz do not necessarily reflect those of anyone sane. Slyz is not responsible for anyone shot raped or converted to Mormonism while interacting with Slyz, prices and participation may vary offer valid 2 a.m. through 10 a.m. some assembly required some restrictions may apply see store for details offer subject to change without reason reader not covered in case of gross negligence or cruel and unusual Catholicism. Batteries not included.

hm

Slyz , I am inclined to agree, as with all my other posts.

I think it's a possibility that the aliens are the Malia/Malah.Medusa.

They obviously are direct descendents of the Xan.

Who knows?

Info, devs, please.

See, they say "The story will be reviled as you get into the game" they said that with Shadowlands also.

lolwhateverlol- details plz~

well it was in SL, you just had to look for it. Like codex, rings, turn spirits, etc. Well, maybe not revealed, but hidden less agressively
    The opinions of Slyz do not necessarily reflect those of anyone sane. Slyz is not responsible for anyone shot raped or converted to Mormonism while interacting with Slyz, prices and participation may vary offer valid 2 a.m. through 10 a.m. some assembly required some restrictions may apply see store for details offer subject to change without reason reader not covered in case of gross negligence or cruel and unusual Catholicism. Batteries not included.

Now I disagree.

It has not been revieled in Shadowlands to any understandable degree.

It's incoherant and random with no direction and it in no way makes me feel like I am discovering about the world I exist in. (Rubi-Ka/Eden)

It's incoherant and random with no direction
    Just a personal note, isn't this how the history of a kajillion year old civilization should look? They (the Xan) aren't here to tell us the complete unbiased history of Xan civilization, we're finding scraps and shreds for a reason.

Heck, look at real world history, it's supposition and agreed upon 'facts' based on readings of random shreds of evidince... which occasionally gets overturned as new evidince proves we were wrong in an earlier conclusion.

It's pretty clear from the scraps and shreds though that there is a consistent story, we're just seeing differing takes on it.

My hunch is that Shadowlands was supposed to leave the players knowing that there is a reason, a backstory, and having ideas as to what that might be. AI should provide further illumniation, no?

I might just be paranoid, and I'm not accusing anyone of having begun one yet, but please don't let this thread become a flame war. We've gotten alot of really good insight, and I think the debate on the nature of how much storyline SL has should be done in tells or the OOC channel

You know whats peculiar... the blocked up portal in Ely called "Excalibur's end.. and the giant Excalibur sword....
    Pos: 888.1, 1984.0, 16.4, Area: Excalibur's End.

Always wondered what its for, if it does anything.

and the campfire right near it

Maybe if you pull it out you get a QL 300 uber version of "copy of the excalibur" only its the real one

im killing all the hecklers there to see if it triggers something
    If only this game was that interactive That would be such a cool GM event for a Keeper to go through. And maybe they could get a special title, or some ****. Like "King <name>"
    the odd thing is they were all sitting then started moving around alot when i came by.. which is unusual behaviore for hecklers
    Since Arthur was crowned king when he drew the sword from the stone..

My Home on the Web KittySafe Ntwrk
    Quote of the Month: "The day I feel sorry for someone who gets paid for browsing an internet forum is the day I peel off all my skin, make a canoe and set sail for Saturn." Alienchild

No flamies intended! Hehe..

What I'm saying is that what was promised in the story really isn't there in SL... no rune scripts for instance, nothing to be translated (I've tried... been everywhere literally in AO too from Jobe to The Beast's chamber ect) that I can FIND at least..

After Adonis the Ergo becomes rapidly misguided and strange, no story from killing Razor/Xark.. plot holes, no direction on the Rivers or the Communion. ect.

There could be a bit more story in, and yes maybe AI will reviel it, or the future even, but I don't think it'll ever be shown.

They know, they wont tell us~ sadfacesadface hehe.. I really want more info in game though..

Spaceships in Adonis

Ever seen the Spaceships/Spaceports in Adonis? I think thats a pretty obvious hint that the "Aliens" are either the ancient Xans themselves or a race that had contact with them

It's.

It's the damned Redeemed I tell you!

As much as hate the damned innamorta scum, who shall BURN at the coming of the glorious reign of the chosen, I dont think they're the aliens. I think the xan are, and that the xan showed up and made this technolegy, then the already "developed" peoples came out of the woodwork and got into a fight over it "hence the redeemed/unredeemed thing". The xan then gave the technolegy to the tech to the humans (gave notum anyway) which drake (in his russian form) used to form the omega etc etc etc. The problem this leaves us with though is that if all of our best items come from the shadowlands then won't the aliens have things that are 10,000 years of progress on that? Fear the wrath of the invicible fungus

Ok, I've got a wall fileld with A4 papers where I'm collecting the thing I get from this tread with my own toughts now, and this is the stuff I've written on the papers so far, feel free to correct me:

|The Beast:|
    - Guardian of the source the "thing" that controlls the flow.
    - Death of The Beast lead to Alien Invasion
    ?- Meant to die?
    ?- 20 Warriors ----- 12 Zociacs
    |- 8 formed the Beast

Last doesn't work with the theory about The beast beeing Arthur, unless Arthur, became the Fisher king and then the 7 or 8 other bodies merged with him and that made him the beast.

|Xan:|
    - Split in Unredeemed and Redeemed
    - Perhaps also Aliens, but my idea is that Redeemed is the Aliens

|Unredeemed|
    - Wanted to Exploit The source more becausese they all started dying after they had tried getting imortal by leaching more of the source
    - "Bad Guys"
    |
    WAR
    |
    |Redeemed|
    - Wanted to preserve The Source, as they tought they died b'cause they had leached too much.
    - Spread the seed of life on various planets also on Tellus/Earth
    - My idea is that they are the aliens
    - "Good guys"

|Unredeemed and Redeemed|
    - Both exploited The Source to begin with, they split when they started dying again.

|Humans|
    - Clan/OT/Neuts
    - Greed is a major factor for these guys
    - We were expected to kill The Beast by someone, but noone tought it would be this soon.
    - Result of the Redeemed's "planting of seeds"
    - "Good guys"

|Aliens|
    - They started dying after SL got reopened. Can be 2 reasons as I see it
    1. We killed the Beast and they were somehow connected to it
    2. Some connection to the source.
    - Strong ties to RK/SL (this has been confirmed by Longshot)
    - After they all died they started scanning the universe for a reason, and something on RK/SL shocked them. So here they come!!!

|Ergo|
    - Acts as a guide/helper for us, but what is he really?
    - Connected to SL areas trough notum veins.
    - Can he be in service of The beast?
    - Gets more and more screwed the further into SL you get

|Brink monsters(hecklers|

- Destroying SL
    - Can they be activated by Arthur/The beast?

|Notum|
    - Life

|Novictum|
    - Death

edit: Fixed the part of the Beast that I had mistaken
    Last edited by project; Aug 2nd, 2004 at 23:45:19.

Originally posted by project

|The Beast:|
    - Guardian of the source the "thing" that controlls the flow.
    - Death of The Beast lead to Alien Invasion
    - Arthur -> Fisher King ->The Beast
    ?- Activated the earth in the form of hecklers som they could release him from his eternal pain.
    ?- Meant to die?
    ?- 20 Warriors ----- 12 Zociacs
    |- 8 formed the Beast

Last doesn't work with the theory about The beast beeing Arthur, unless Arthur, became the Fisher king and then the 7 or 8 other bodies merged with him and that made him the beast.
    One bit of clarification, assuming this is my arthur theory that your confused on, Arthur isn't the beast, he's ergo. Thats why ergo sends you further and further along, so that you can destroy the beast, upset the source, and finally free him from immortality.

I have a secondary thoery that I'm not so sure about wherein the beast is directing the hecklers not to "destroy" but to "close off" the the shadowlands, protecting the source and foiling arther/ergo. This is then countered by ergo's teleporting etc. etc. etc.

If you have an entirely new thoery wherein arthur is the beast you'd have to wonder why he fights back if its his prime desire in life to die.

Originally posted by project

- After they all died they started scanning the universe for a reason, and something on RK/SL shocked them. So here they come!!!
    They weren't scanning until we killed the beast, that upset them and they launched the campaighn of death which is on its way.

"I think the xan are, and that the xan showed up and made this technolegy, then the already "developed" peoples came out of the woodwork and got into a fight over it "hence the redeemed/unredeemed thing"."

The redeemed/unredeemed are Xan, or rather whatever is left of them after millennia of 'bad times'. If you check the story in description of Thar's armour pieces, it has this bit:

"Xum was a Lady, one among the ones that call themselves the 'Chosen ones'. (..)

Thar loved the Lady Xum, but it was a love that could not be - because Thar and Bhotaar were on the other side of the conflict. They were among the ones that call themselves the 'Faithful' (..)

Thar decided to meet the Lady Xum, and he invited her to meet him in Elysium. They agreed on wearing their ancient shapes, the shapes of the Xan. For 250 man-years they dwelled there in each others arms. A long time for man but just a moment for the ancients."

My money is still on the aliens being descendants of the 'original' Xan enhanced by the Source, the ones mentioned in the Codex Clavis:

"Verse: 248: So they gathered their finest knights around them and let them bathe in the source. Then they gave them the keys to the arks and sent them away - each in their own direction."

(one of the arks is still in the Dead Ends spaceport in Adonis, too bad there's no --known-- way to make it work again ;)

Since the aliens were 'bathed in the source' their existence is probably very dependent on it ... so messing up with the Source by killing the Beast and whatnot isn't something they're going to like, and guess they'll do everything they can to put a stop to it. -.o

Originally posted by Slyz

They weren't scanning until we killed the beast, that upset them and they launched the campaighn of death which is on its way.
    Yes, I might have typed it in the wrong way but thats what I meant

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast