Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandemonium Backstory?

Hollow Bone Bracer of Merlin Ambrosius

When lordes wille is londes law,
    Prestes wylle trechery, and gyle hold soth saw,
    Lechery callyd pryve solace,
    And robbery is hold no trespace -
    Then schal the lond of Albyon torne into confusioun!
    A MMMM
    MMMMM
    MMMMM
    MMMMM
    MMMMM
    MMMMM
    LXXV and on,
    few lordes or ellys noone.
    This is a item that drops of Tarasque. Someone translated the "A MM" stuff into 29,075. (found this at auno.org)
    I really don't know what this means, but maybe the first portal to rubi ka was the one in Elysium. Merlin opened it, but they figured it was bad so the sealed it with the excalibur.

Well.. This is so cool. Don't really know what to say

Anyone seen description on "Servants of 8" armor?

So what if the 'Servants of Eight' only is a myth? What if the 'Octopus' never really existed - that there were no meeting with 'the other side'? Despise the facts, many choose to believe. They do rightfully so, because the advices, nomatter where they came from, are of a truely divine quality. Not only are the rules good (although the concepts of good and bad are not really a part of the teachings), but all what they have inspired to among the human race have been beneficial. A good example of that is the Servant armor - built on the base of the Primus Decus Armor.
    So.. i do make some connections here to number nine..
    He was not part of the Eight that the servants.. ehh.. "served".. but he was there..

There are more words inside my head atm, but this was my first time reading the tread, so i'm a lil bit messe datm. Write more. this is great !
    GJ
    Nostalgisk: Solitus Trader, Pandemonium
    Padded: Solitus Doctor, Inferno
    Fiwel: Solitus Adventurer, Inferno
    Alphawave: Atrox Soldier, Adonis
    Bonita: Solitus Fixer, Scheol
    Dynamisk: Solitus Bureaucrat, Nascense

Storm

I've seen a lot of interesting thoughts on the aliens, but has anyone considered how Prophet without honour ties into the story? Throughout the novel, two forces manipulated humanity The rise and fall of the omegas, the collapse of humanity, and the creation of omni tek. Everything was manipulated, including the rise of David marlin by the redeemed. For some reason, the descendants of the xan need or want humanity on rubi ka.

Now consider the statement from number 9 "the probability that an unevolved human would make it here before (some date I ant remember) was considered improbable". The speed of humanities progression has been tampered with, to the detriment of the aliens. We're there, we're there early, and we're doing things we're not supposed to be doing. The aliens expected us to kill the beast at some point, just not now. Two questions spin off:-

1)if we're supposed to kill the beast, why? Will it prove our maturity on a cosmic scale? What will it indicate? Tie that in with the redeemed and unredeemed healing the beast... does that mean the aliens consider them a failed race? Is this why the redeemed/unredeemed have manipulated humanity into killing the beast.

2)If we kill it, what do we gain?

Humans are being used to force a confrontation, the outcome of which will suit either the redeemed or the unredeemed, on their timetable. Considering the amount of effort it took from the unredeemed to create omni tek, they MUST know what exactly the aliens are (u don't plot a 25000 year plan on a whim) and know how to hurt them, and know what they could gain from killing them. More than that, they fear the aliens, using humanity as a shield.

I suppose the question we should be asking is who benefits most from the aliens arriving and the destruction of humanity?

anomander
    Last edited by Anomander; Jul 7th, 2004 at 15:00:14.
    Never Forget. Never Forgive

205 Solider
    Currently on Extended Leave

I find myself wondering if the Aliens ARE the Xan.

It seems that the split in the Xan is generally considered the split into redeemed/unredeemed... but I wonder.

Perhaps the aliens ARE the Xan. The redeemed/unredeemed are two factions of the part of the Xan which originally discovered the source and split SL from RK.

The Fisher King, now the Beast, is the guardian of the source. While the aliens didn't create the beast, the aliens have worked repeatedly to keep the Beast alive (the twenty greatest knights, less the eight which seem to have merged with the beast would leave the twelve zodiak).

When the Beast was killed, thousands of voices were heard screaming because the Aliens who had "supported the Beast (merged with it)" died as well. The Aliens know where Rubi-ka is, in this theory, because they ARE the remnants of the Xan... this is their original home.

Number Nine would be a creation, a failsafe, of the aliens. The Xan (aliens) would know that eventually the Redeemed/Unredeemed children (humanity) would eventually find RK and would eventually destroy the Beast. The Aliens (Xan) hoped they would have enough time to be ready, but it has happened too soon... the only hope they see now is to kill everything.

Just a hunch...
    Pynkie
    2HB Atrox Enforcer,
    Alat-Seldi Org,
    Atlantean Server,
    Omni-something Employee of the Minute

Originally posted by Pynkie
    I find myself wondering if the Aliens ARE the Xan.

It seems that the split in the Xan is generally considered the split into redeemed/unredeemed... but I wonder.

Perhaps the aliens ARE the Xan. The redeemed/unredeemed are two factions of the part of the Xan which originally discovered the source and split SL from RK.

The Fisher King, now the Beast, is the guardian of the source. While the aliens didn't create the beast, the aliens have worked repeatedly to keep the Beast alive (the twenty greatest knights, less the eight which seem to have merged with the beast would leave the twelve zodiak).

When the Beast was killed, thousands of voices were heard screaming because the Aliens who had "supported the Beast (merged with it)" died as well. The Aliens know where Rubi-ka is, in this theory, because they ARE the remnants of the Xan... this is their original home.

Number Nine would be a creation, a failsafe, of the aliens. The Xan (aliens) would know that eventually the Redeemed/Unredeemed children (humanity) would eventually find RK and would eventually destroy the Beast. The Aliens (Xan) hoped they would have enough time to be ready, but it has happened too soon... the only hope they see now is to kill everything.

Just a hunch...
    Yup, this is basically what the thread has found out, over the course of months of discussion and thought.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

The Second Part of the Marius Interview basically said it here:

Sallust: Are there any groups of non-hostile aliens?

Marius Enge: The reason aliens are here is that they are being killed due to certain events taking place on Rubi-Ka and in the Shadowlands. They are very aggressive, and are not wanting to discuss the matter. They are here to make sure their specie can survive, and they don’t take any prisoners.

This would more or less confirm that the Aliens are dying because we killed the beast and left the Source Unprotected, And/Or Leaking. Now, I earlier talked about how they could be killed in two ways:

1: The Source is their energy, and it must be contained and not "used" by the Shadowlands, so that they can feed off it.

or

2: The Source is the key to killing them, has done it before, or been close to do it before. They must keep it sealed because if it is unprotected, it can be used to kill them.

They are now here to kill us, and re-seal the source with a new guardian, no matter the reason for it.
    Last edited by Engelen; Jul 9th, 2004 at 13:44:51.
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

...wait a second. yes, we know the aliens are connected to the source. but did the source actually change?
    as far as i remember we didn't do anything to the source itself. we killed the beast. which would mean the aliens are connected to the beast directly, not only the source. right?

Originally posted by Arima-kun
    ...wait a second. yes, we know the aliens are connected to the source. but did the source actually change?
    as far as i remember we didn't do anything to the source itself. we killed the beast. which would mean the aliens are connected to the beast directly, not only the source. right?
    Well, from what I can see, The Beast was the thing(good or bad) that either shielded the Aliens from the Source, or secured it for them. Which way is the correct one will only remain to be seen.

To put it this way, is the source BAD, or GOOD for the Aliens?

I cant find it anymore but it was once mentioned that the aliens use biomech suits, and that only if your lucky will you see one of the aliens in its normal form. So I figure the source is probably something good for them as it would give life (it does that right?) to the biomech suits. It would also explain why fluctuations in it would kill them, as it would draw power away from some and send to others etc
    The opinions of Slyz do not necessarily reflect those of anyone sane. Slyz is not responsible for anyone shot raped or converted to Mormonism while interacting with Slyz, prices and participation may vary offer valid 2 a.m. through 10 a.m. some assembly required some restrictions may apply see store for details offer subject to change without reason reader not covered in case of gross negligence or cruel and unusual Catholicism. Batteries not included.

Originally posted by Slyz
    I cant find it anymore but it was once mentioned that the aliens use biomech suits, and that only if your lucky will you see one of the aliens in its normal form. So I figure the source is probably something good for them as it would give life (it does that right?) to the biomech suits. It would also explain why fluctuations in it would kill them, as it would draw power away from some and send to others etc
    i remember that part....but i thought the biomech suits were advanced version of what we use as armor. you know, enhancing natural abilities, give protection, all that stuff.
    would they actually need it to live when they're not busy invading us?

that gave me another idea though. something that hardly came up on this threat too i think.
    virus bot technology, as opposed to nanobots which is what we're using. our nanobots hardly work without notum right?
    so if their stuff is so much more advanced and all, what is their source of energy?
    maybe their source is.....The Source
    so imagine they have swarms of virus bots going through their bodies, working all over their world in every part of their life,
    medicine, industry, recretional stuff, everything (just like nanobots with us) and then suddenly there is a cut in the power supply.....

Originally posted by Arima-kun

i remember that part....but i thought the biomech suits were advanced version of what we use as armor. you know, enhancing natural abilities, give protection, all that stuff.
    would they actually need it to live when they're not busy invading us?

that gave me another idea though. something that hardly came up on this threat too i think.
    virus bot technology, as opposed to nanobots which is what we're using. our nanobots hardly work without notum right?
    so if their stuff is so much more advanced and all, what is their source of energy?
    maybe their source is.....The Source
    so imagine they have swarms of virus bots going through their bodies, working all over their world in every part of their life,
    medicine, industry, recretional stuff, everything (just like nanobots with us) and then suddenly there is a cut in the power supply.....
    Interesting idea, but we still have to figure out how exactly they draw upon the source.
    The opinions of Slyz do not necessarily reflect those of anyone sane. Slyz is not responsible for anyone shot raped or converted to Mormonism while interacting with Slyz, prices and participation may vary offer valid 2 a.m. through 10 a.m. some assembly required some restrictions may apply see store for details offer subject to change without reason reader not covered in case of gross negligence or cruel and unusual Catholicism. Batteries not included.

any theories on the brink monsters and their relationship to the aliens?

surely if the brink monsters are eating the shadowlands, eventually they would have been a threat to the source as well, why havent the aliens declared war on the hecks!?
    Never Forget. Never Forgive

205 Solider
    Currently on Extended Leave

Tieing in with my theory that ergo is being controlled by arthur and is attempting to destroy the Source in order to kill himself I'd say the Heks are the good guys. The brink isn't so much the destruction of the land as it is the closing of it. The source is trying to defend itself by animating the land (the land is controlled by ergo/arthur) and turning it against itself by causing it to use its new life to collapse in on itself. This whole action could be directed by the beast, which I'm gradually coming to believe is an alien biomech suit of the highest quality in existance (It's made of 20 already super powerfull biomechs and piloted by 8 aliens) or perhaps the source has a will of its own (God?) but thats just my theory.

So if these mobs in the catacombs are carrying around alien embryos... are they like secret midwives to the aliens... maybe thats why the aliens are coming cos we're lliquifying their babies to make armor

Id be pretty pissed off too...

My Home on the Web KittySafe Ntwrk
    Quote of the Month: "The day I feel sorry for someone who gets paid for browsing an internet forum is the day I peel off all my skin, make a canoe and set sail for Saturn." Alienchild

Is there any evidence of a link between catacombs and brinks? Either way it's a good point, but I dont think the embryos grow into aliens. I think they're the basis of an alien construct, which is why it has the supernatural properties that spirtechnicians draw from them

Originally posted by Slyz
    Is there any evidence of a link between catacombs and brinks?
    No, the only coorelation I see between the catacombs and anything, is the aliens...

1. embryos appear very alienlike in appearance
    2. the mobs are different then anything found above ground
    3. the stims, health and treatment tools are not found any place else and cannot be manufactured on RK or SL
    4. the portals in the cata's are similar to Rk portals to temple of 3 and IS, but I dont see any connection there...

Quote of the Month: "The day I feel sorry for someone who gets paid for browsing an internet forum is the day I peel off all my skin, make a canoe and set sail for Saturn." Alienchild

From my observations:

The Beast - The Devil. Strange that he would guard the Source, which is reguarded by Ergo as perhaps a Singularity Warp or even "God."

7 Layers of Shadowlands. 7 Layers of Hell. Pandemonium being the last. No flames, either.

13 Guardians of Pandemonium. The 12 Zodiacs and The Beast.

Now, from what I've been able to make Ergo divulge to me:

Apparently, a long time ago, The Source was fine. All was well on the planet, as the Xan had figured out how to work it just dandy. Then, one day, scientists from Jobe made it there. Through some unknown process, which somehow involved Novictum, the Source... something happened that began to generate these Brink creatures. Creatures which devour Notum and eat away at the Shadowlands.

The Brink - Perhaps these represent "The Void." As in, "nothingness." As in, "the force that opposes life." One could even say, they're the true foes of God (God = "life, emotion". Void = "empty, nothing"). They do nothing but consume the land. They didn't appear until this whole ordeal started. Perhaps these were generated when Novictum was introduced into the Source. Remember, a Pattern was used in the Source. Something was Incarnated there. Perhaps when the Novictum was introduced... well... picture fusing light and dark. Not a pretty picture. Typically... COLLAPSE occurs.

Novictum - The exact opposite of Notum. Death. That's why one only finds Novictum on spirits. It's their essence, become physical. Apparently, some kind of catastophe occured (perhaps the source being tampered with?) in which the Xan society died out, and perhaps these Spirits are all that remains of them. One can only guess at such things.

The Source - The source of all Notum energy. So much so that it's contained within a different dimension. Yet the Notum is so great, it flows over and fills the Shadowlands and Rubi-Ka. Whether it's some kind of entity, or a contained singularity, a sun, some kind of wormhole, or even a lifeform of pure energy, one can only guess, as it could be anything. Ergo won't relinquish the knowledge, and he doesn't talk much in Inferno. All points considering, Inferno is rather RAVAGED and devoid of his notum veins, so it doesn't come as a shock to me. Why isn't he in Pandemonium? Perhaps it's because the Brink destroyed him. Or it could be the fact that no Yuttos exist to build his presence there. Keep in mind, if Inferno is in hell, Pandemonium can only be worse.

The Catacombs - Easy enough. Ancient Xan temples. What are they doing under Red/Unred Temples? Isn't it obvious? What better way for them to research harnessing The Source than from the people who originally had it contained? The Catacombs are ancient Xan playgrounds. The creatures there are most of their own toys. The Communions, though, still escape me. I can't form anything about them. Wills, Visions, etc... well, perhaps they represent the trial to upgrade their technology. Jobe Armor IS something they created to mimic Xan technology.

That's all I've got.
    Last edited by Tek; Jul 12th, 2004 at 04:38:38.

Originally posted by Tek
    Keep in mind, if Inferno is in hell, Pandemonium can only be worse.
    Well put.

Originally posted by Tek
    Keep in mind, if Inferno is in hell, Pandemonium can only be worse.
    Loved your post

When it comes to Inferno vs Pandemonium, Inferno is more the good old Hell as we know and assume it, its hot, really hot there. The Scourged Land forged by Fire and Death, a wasteland consisting of Stone and Lava mostly.

Pandemonium however, can be many different forms. Diablo 2 pictures it as the Last Good Bastion before Hell, where Heaven`s Forces gather to fight Diablo. Other games, movies and books pictures it as a sort of Center for all evil and Chaos, often a Headquarter or the fortress of Evil. A way to look at it, is like a dark and macabre building or place, often on the very edge of a bottomless cliff, or even floating in the center of a void(Very much like Pandemonium in SL is depicted). Its like a place manifested by the fears of man(Evil, Emptiness(Most people are afraid of the "Nothingness", like the deep, black sea or being alone in space and in the dark) and Death), where there is no escape. Inferno, or the good old Hell was not shielded from the forces of heaven, and several battles throughout fictional history have been fought at the gates of hell. This, has usually not been possible in Pandemonium, the place beyond Hell, unreachable for the forces of good and light.

I`ve always found Pandemonium far more frightening than Inferno. There is still hope and salvation in Inferno, Good can still prevail. That, is usually not the case in Pandemonium.

Inferno is hell of the body
    Pandemonium is hell of the mind

O_o

i r afeared

Well, since I'm on a roll, after a little bit of thought:

Inferno is crusted over, scorched, baren of life, despite it's size. Compare it's size to it's monster population. Not much, huh? Mostly spirits and mutations, too. Things that have been 'sorched.' It must be the final stages of what happens just before the "Pandemonium" takes over, and things simply just break appart. Look at Pandemonium. It's 90% nothing.

Brink <-> Novictum Connection
    The only creatures in Shadowlands that seem to lack any kind of abilities or minds are the Brink creatures. All they seek to do is consume. Return everything to it's original state of nothingness, and consume themselves within time. Probably why they're made of rock. Mindless beasts of stone. Hydrae are probably a closer representation of "Satan," or, "Samuel." The three-headed demon. I believe that these Brink creatures have some form of connection to Novictum, as Novictum counteracts Notum, and what do Brink creatures do? Destoy Notum. There's some kind of giant link in this entire mystery of what REALLY happened.

Okay, what I DIDN'T say that I knew about The Source:
    I believe the connection lies within the droid that one encounters when they defeat the Beast. I believe this droid was left behind by the scientist who 'poisoned' the Source. Or whatever. Perhaps this scientist knew of the coming alien invasion and created the Beast via the pattern I mentioned earlier, only unexpected side-effects resulted (Brink, Novictum, etc.). If you speak with this droid, it explains that Pandemonium wasn't The End. That the Beast wasn't the end... and by killing it... one has only brought 'them' back to this world. Without the Beast to guard the Source, something is going to come. A warning about the coming invasion of Rubi-Ka? Perhaps. Were the Xan the original guardians of the Source until... whatever happened, happened? It's possible. But how did the scientists know that an alien attack on the Source was imminent?... Maybe this was the 'disaster' that struck the planet and separated it? The Aliens came, and knowing they had no way of defeating them, the Xan split the Shadowlands into a seperate dimension to slow them down. Perhaps this is what the cataclysm was that killed them all off. And the scientist discovered this, and created The Beast, only he didn't know that by Incarnating something from the Source... has costly results.

Can you believe I made 75% of that up off the top of my head while I was typing it? O_o

P.S. My comment about Pandemonium being worse? I ment in the "grapevine" sense, E.G., Ergo's Notum Veins that he uses to keep track of things. One can only assume that within Pandemonium, there aren't any. Look at Inferno. Ergo can't even respond to you there. Nothing but error codes.
    Last edited by Tek; Jul 12th, 2004 at 23:18:50.

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast