Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budabot 2.3 GA (build 2001)

Arrow Budabot 2.3 GA (build 2001)

It's finally time! Budabot 2.3 GA is here. We're definitely biased in the matter, but it is, without a doubt, the best Budabot we've ever released.

Many thanks go out to the ENTIRE Budabot team without which this release would not be possible. Also, many thanks to all the users who have tested, reported bugs, and given invaluable insight and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrence
    I am extremely happy with the progress that Budabot project has made and the community support we have gained over these nearly 2 years that I have worked with it. But the thing that I am most proud of is that this project is a project by the community, and so many people have contributed I honestly cannot list them all.
    Anyway, on to the details. We've fixed quite a lot of bugs that existed in the 2.2 version. Almost all of them were small, but it is still a good feeling to have those fixed and working. We've also done more with the help system. There should be a help file for every command now. If you find a command without a help file, please tell us. Also, we've revamped the security module. You can enable the 'alts_inherit_admin' setting which means that all of a player's alts will receive the same access level as their main. You can also give access level based on org rank. For instance, you could have all Generals and above automatically get Moderator access on the bot. This works in conjunction with the 'alts_inherit_admin' setting, so with that setting enabled, all Generals and their alts would automatically be granted Moderator access.

We've also added several new commands including: !aou, !aospeak, !ofabweapons, !ofabarmor, !logoff, !penalty, !aliaslist, !orgcities, and !checkaccess and we've enhanced many of the existing commands to provide additional information.

Also, Budabot now tracks command usage (!usage) which tells you the most used commands and also the people who use the bot the most. By default, Budabot will submit these usage stats (command names only; no character or org names or anything that could be use to identify you) to the Budabot.com website once a day. You can disable this if you wish from the !config USAGE menu, however, we encourage you to leave it enabled as it helps the Budabot team determine which commands to focus on and which commands are not used. It is our intention to make this info public, so that you can see which commands are most used from all Budabot stats, however, this has not been done yet, but we will let you know when it happens.

As always, download from here: http://code.google.com/p/budabot2/downloads/list

Enjoy the bot! Let your friends know!

Changes (since 2.2 GA):
    - Updated text.mdb and items database to 18.04.12.
    - Added !rtimers (repeating timers) and !timers view (intended to be used with aliases).
    - Removed join limits from the core LIMITS module
    - Added !aliaslist to show current aliases that are active on the bot.
    - Added !logoff to set a logoff message (similar to setting a logon message with !logon) (thanks Rageballs (RK1) for implementing this).
    - Added several settings to specify colors for the IRC_MODULE.
    - Various fixes and upgrades for BBIN_MODULE and IRC_MODULE.
    - Added !namehistory.
    - Updated !guides yalm (thanks JungleGeorge (RK2)).
    - Added 'irc_password' setting to the IRC_MODULE (thanks Rosss (RK1)).
    - Fixed some grammar/punctuation in the bot.
    - Changed !addnews and !remnews to !news add and !news rem respectively.
    - Added 'version' setting to indicate the version of the bot that created the database.
    - When 'alts_inherit_admin' is enabled, the bot will now check the access level of the current character first, and then the main if the current character does not have access.
    - Rewrote PRIV_TELL_LIMIT core module, renamed it to LIMITS, and removed !limits (use !config limits instead).
    - Added !guides grafts.
    - Removed !altsadmin export and !altsadmin import.
    - Added 'guild_admin_rank' and 'guild_admin_access_level' settings to replace 'guild_admin_level' setting.
    - Removed 'guildadmin' access level and changed all references to 'raidleader'.
    - Added core USAGE module (!usage).
    - Added setting type 'time' which takes a Budatime argument.
    - Added !penalty for showing orgs who have attacked recently and are in penalty (thanks Taylorka (RK2) for requesting).
    - !ban now takes the time argument as "Budatime" (eg. 1d4h6m32s).
    - Added option 'notify_banned_player' to control whether the bot sends a tell to a player when they are banned or unbanned from the bot.
    - Some core commands are now configurable.
    - !neutnet on now accepts neutnet spams from the new Neutnet satellite bots (Neutnet15, Neutnet16).
    - On logon, bot now notifies players if they have unvalidated alts.
    - Added !aliaslist to show current aliases that are active on the bot.
    - Added !logoff to set a logoff message (similar to setting a logon message with !logon) (thanks Rageballs (RK1) for implementing this).
    - Timed/cron events can now take an arbitrary time value (in Budatime).
    - Added help files for various core commands.
    - Moved !orghistory into GUILD_MODULE (ORG_HISTORY_MODULE no longer exists).
    - Fixed some issues when runninng Budabot on 64 bit linux (thanks Wirehead for reporting this).
    - !settings change will now show the current value for colors.
    - !lastseen now takes alts into account.
    - Fixed !eventlist.
    - Added !orgcities to show coordinates for player cities.
    - !oe shows info for 50%, 25%. and 0% now in addition to 75% (thanks Mdkdoc420 (RK2)).
    - Added CSP map guides to the GUIDES_MODULE (guides that start with 'info-').
    - Added !aospeak (!aospeak org, !aospeak all) which tells you who is in your org channel on the AOSpeak server (thanks Tshaar (RK2)).
    - TEAMSPEAK3_MODULE replaces TEAMSPEAK_MODULE (and provides TS3 support ofcourse; thanks Tshaar (RK2)).
    - Added support for Dnet (!dnet enable/!dnet disable) (RK1 only).
    - Added !aou for searching for and viewing AO Universe guides from in game.
    - Bot now announces in private channel any time someone adds themselves to a loot item (thanks Teknocrat (RK2) for requesting this).
    - Added settings to control how much org info (org and rank, rank, none) is displayed on the online list (thanks Raging (RK1) for implementing this).
    - Added setting 'first_and_last_alt_only' to control whether the bot always spams logon/logoff messages or only when the first alt logs on or the last alt logs off (thanks Hogwar (RK1) for suggesting this).
    - !whois was moved to WHOIS_MODULE and now shows name history.
    - Added 'allpackets' event type so modules can process packets directly if they wish.
    - RAFFLE_MODULE now shows reminders every minute on the minute and at 30 seconds (thanks Kinaton (RK1) for requesting this).
    - Rewrote BANK_MODULE which now imports csv files from AO Items Assistant (thanks Rosss (RK1) for requesting/testing this).
    - 'private_channel_cmd_feedback' and 'guild_channel_cmd_feedback' settings added to control whether the bot responds if a command doesn't exist (thanks Mdkdoc420 (RK2) for requesting this).
    - IRC_MODULE should now match IRC implementations of other bots and relay items links and messages between bots correctly.
    - Fix for !attacks and !victory paging (thanks Mdkdoc420 (RK2)).
    - ALIEN_MODULE now contains !aiarmor, !aigen, !leprocs, !bio (can now handle multiple bios as once), and added new commands: !bioinfo, !ofabarmor, and !ofabweapons (thanks Mdkdoc420 (RK2) and Wolfbiter (RK1)).
    - Nearly all commands should have a help file now.
    - Guides in the GUIDE_MODULE should page better now; fixed/updated some guides (thanks Raging (RK1) for requesting this).
    - !logonadmin lets admins view, change, or clear another character's logon message (thanks Ross (RK1) for requesting this).
    - !logs command lets you view the last 7000 characters of a log file from ingame.
    - !checkaccess shows your effective access level, taking into account alts_inherit_admin setting.
    - Updated !about to include people whom were intended to be added for the 2.2 release but were forgotten (sorry!).
    - Added Text::make_structured_blob() for more control over how blob windows are generated (thanks Raging (RK1)).
    - !timers can now take days as a time unit (thanks Mdkdoc420 (RK2))
    - Updated !fight, !ding, !doh (thanks Mdkdoc420 (RK2)).
    - Fix for showing alts with !whois output (thanks Mdkdoc420 (RK2)).
    - !findorg, !whoisorg, and !history can now take an optional dimension parameter (thanks Mdkdoc420 (RK2) for requesting this).
    - Moved ALTS module to be a core module; alts must now be validated. with !altvalidate before they can inherit their main's access level (thanks Raging (RK1)).
    - Added !fp for determining if a nano is usable in false profession (thanks Wolfbiter (RK1) for letting me use his code as reference).
    - !13, !28, and !35 now display the correct items as multiloot (thank you Haku for reporting this).
    - !executesql let's you run queries on your bot database directly from in game (superadmin only).
    - !online now shows a default icon for characters where the profession is unknown.
    - ITEMS_MODULE no longer has support for Xyphos.com CIDB.
    - Blob sizes should be calculated correctly now, possibly fixing several issues (thanks Raging (RK1)).
    - Various other fixes.

Thanks for the announcement & effort from everyone involved with Budabot.

Has anything changed since the upgrade process to Budabot 2.3 RC2?
    For users upgrading from 2.3 RC1, you can copy /data/budabot.db and /config.php. For users upgrading from 2.2 GA, only copy /data/budabot.db. Do not copy your config.php file as the format for that file has changed. You will need to go through the setup again. It will automatically start the setup when you start your bot and should only take 30s to answer the few questions it asks.

The bot will retain your guestlist, alts, logon messages, etc as long as you copy /data/budabot.db to the new bot.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:54:34.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Not at all. Sqlite users can just copy over /data/budabot.db and retain all settings. MySQL users can just point to the same database in config.php.

Excellent. Thank you.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

We will be doing a demo to show case some of the new features in Budabot 2.3. Since the last demo we did was on RK2, this demo will be on RK1. If you play on RK2, make a level 1 froob and join us!

Date: Saturday, November 12
    Time: 17:30 GMT
    Where: /tell budanet !join

Also, we're going to do things a little bit differently. We're going to be giving the demo from the AOSpeak server (http://aospeak.com/), and we encourage everyone to join us on the Reet Retreat channel there. All you need is a Teamspeak 3 client (http://teamspeak.com/). If you don't want to talk in the channel but still want to hear the demo you are free to join and just listen. If you can't install Teamspeak 3, you are still free to join the bot and see the commands, but you will have to use your imagination to figure out what is being said.

The format of the demo will be:
    - New features and commands (15 minutes)
    - Quick overview for Bot Admins (10 minutes)
    - Questions/comments

I would recommend getting a special channel created for this event. And not use reets - since other people may be there. Not sure how active it is now a days.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Yeah, since “Reet's Retreat” is the default channel when joining AO TS, things could get a bit chaotic. I recommend adding a temp sub-channel under RK2's “Teams and Raids” channel. As always, if there are any problems, feel free to (gently) poke a mod or admin for help.
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

Importing?

Before I upgrade (which i want to) what files should i save to import in to keep the alts list etc without having to have all members redo their alts list? or is that not an option?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Before I upgrade (which i want to) what files should i save to import in to keep the alts list etc without having to have all members redo their alts list? or is that not an option?
    What version are you moving from?
    Because Race Yalm

Currently using 2.2 version sorry for not adding that.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Thanks for the demo. Very informative.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Nov 12th, 2011 at 19:40:37.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Currently using 2.2 version sorry for not adding that.
    If you're using Sqlite you can simply copy over your Budabot.db file and retain all your alts, news, quotes, memberlist etc.

If you're using MySQL just point the new bot to the same database.

Yup, 2.2->2.3 will update the database automatically.
    Because Race Yalm

nice to see you guys still going strong at it. my own development efforts for the guides portion has fallen off over the last year or so, but I still run in my org for my orgmate's use. keep up the great work
    Plugsz
    President, Newcomers Alliance 220/30/70 Gun Advy RK1
    Advy Guns since day 1 and damn proud of it
    Manguyver's Foremans/Biomare Services services on pause for now

Hardcorree 200/30/67 Bringing DD and off-tanking to a battle near you.

Anyone else having issues lately with the bot not updating history or spamming announcements that every member of the bot logged off?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Mine wasn't removing users that had logged off from the !online list and after restarting the bot to fix it, it did just that and spammed all the members logging off.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

So there is no fix for this "everyone in the org has logged off, even if they have not logged on this week) error, aside from just letting it spam orgchat until it finishes?

It happened to me today because the computer that runs the bots was apparently without internet access for a few hours. As soon as it reconnected, it started the spam on the primary org's bot. I restarted the bot & it did it again. I restarted the pc & it still did it. The secondary org's bot had no issues today.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

You need to change a setting to wait longer at start before it does stuff, i can't quite remember what the setting is called on the top of my head, but there is help over at budabot.com

Check the forums.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Anyone else having issues lately with the bot not updating history or spamming announcements that every member of the bot logged off?
    The bot is indeed not updating !history, and in some cases !whois. This information is based off Auno.org, but that hasn't updated since October 11, 2011 (Auno broke it, apparently).To fix !whois, open /core/PLAYER_LOOKUP/ and replace "Player.class.php" with this file: http://budabot2.googlecode.com/svn/t...ayer.class.php

As for the logoff-spam when a bot restarts, this is an issue with how FC handles buddylists and can be fixed by using '!clearqueue' when it happens.

Regarding !history, we're working on something that will replace Auno.org for this functionality.

Hi guys our org bot is hosted by someone who doesnt play and is super lagged out, !restart has not fixed the problem and we cannot reach our friend who is hosting bot. Is there a way to mute the bot as an admin, or just turn it off from ingame? Went thru the cmdlist but didnt see anything to help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast