Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let me try again... Possible weapon choices:

Let me try again... Possible weapon choices:

Possible choices for new soldiers in AO...:
    JAME Blaster Prototype IV - Burst, flingshot, rad ac, high min dmg...
    Adonis Dyna Loot...
    Jobe City Guard Personal Pistol - Quite good... High min dmg dual with a PoP or another pistol...
    Drops of Lurking in Adonis...
    Pain of Patricia - Very good after the de-nerf... Not the best in SL but works amazingly on RK...
    Drops of Patricia Johnson at Mercs
    Augmented Hellfury Assault Cannon - Low burst recharge, rad ac, fast.... (one of the most used weapons)
    Drops of Augmented Hellfury Cyborgs in Cyborg Barracks in Greater Tir County, how to augment/boost it view here
    Augmented Hellspinner Shock Cannon - Burst, Fullauto, rad ac... (also one of the most used weapons)
    Drops of Inferno Prototype (immune to Rad and Ener AC) in Cyborg Barracks in Greater Tir County, how to augment/boost it view here
    Embellished Bulwark Blaster - High min dmg, burst, fullauto, disease ac...
    Drops of random (sided) mobs in SL...
    Sancrosanct/Inamorate Assault Rifle - High min dmg, add whatever specials u like, chem ac... (sounds wicked.. hehe...)
    Drops of random (sided) mobs in SL...
    Cooperator/Spastic Assault Rifle - Rad ac, prolly the best gun ingame atm... Upgrade of Sacrosanct Assault Rifle...
    This doesn't drop but are a tradeskill weapon how and where can be viewed here
    Premium Supernova Mk VI - Pvp? It is actually very good for that...
    Mission loot
    Maw of the Abyss - High min dmg, proj ac...
    Drops of Jeru The Defiler in Inner Sanctum
    Revolving Cold Laser - Cold ac, nice damage...
    Nophex Plasma Destroyer II - Better than Div 9 imo, burst, flingshot, wicked crits...
    Drops of Notum Soldier in EFP
    Nophex Plasma Destroyer I - Same as above i rekon just lover ql...
    Excellent Division 9 Plasmaprojector - Probably the most used soldier assault rifle, easy to OE, low burst recharge...
    Mission loot/Dyna loot
    Argent Blaster - Rad AC, burst, high min damage...
    Premium Nova Flow - Mk IV - Oldschool soldier weapon, not the best damage, flingshot, burst, nice at lower levels...
    Shop buyable/Mission loot
    Lost Faith - Chem ac, mid min dmg, burt, fullauto, re based...
    Massive Bolt Charger - Rad ac, mid min dmg, burst, flingshot, HW based, nice mods, one of the best if not the best soldier weapon ingame...
    Inferno dyna loot
    Mother Nitrogena - Would be a great gun if it had higer min dmg and burst. It also looks and sounds great
    Heavy Gamma Beamer - No specials, RE/AR based, ok dmg, not the best after MA crit nerf...
    Mission loot
    E-Beamer - Very good gun for low levels.
    Mission loot
    Premium Seburo C-99a - This is what i used myself for heklers at lvl 160'ish.... proj ac, burst...
    Mission loot
    D-nort Compact Assault Rifle - Seen a few soldier use this for heklers too due to proj ac, not the best imo... Burst, aimedshot...
    Mission loot
    Manex Catastrophe December - Good hekler gun, Proj AC, wicked bursts..
    Dyna loot
    Flux Pistol - Another pistol for the pistol users - flingshot, nice dmg..
    Drops of random (sided) mobs in SL
    Cineration Champion - Fast, pure assault rifle, get good attack rating, and does excellent crits.
    Custom Heavy Suppressor - Proj AC, easy to get, good hekler gun, slow special recycles though, smg reqqed.
    Mission loot
    Sentinel 20mm Snub Pistol - Nice fullauto, Energy AC...
    Mission loot
    Kick pistol - Nice crits, slow burst recharge. Proj AC. Shotgun req a downside.
    Drops of Diamondine Soldier in EFP
    IMI Tellus - Slow burst recharge but fast fling shot recharge, Proj AC.
    SOL SG-71 Robust - Only comes in ql's 40-50, Low reqs, nice dmg, fast, burst, flingshot... Nice adds at those levels...
    Dyna loot
    Eradicator XCI-52 - Fast, flingshot. High AR though..
    Mission loot and store buyable...
    Mendix Biomech AR-2a - Fullauto, Rad AC, dmg seems kinda low though compared to reqs etc...
    Drops of Colonel Frank Kaehlar in Omni Forrest
    Advanced BBI Gyro Gun - Fire AC, Burst, Fullauto, ok speed, add psychology 18...
    Bodyguard Blaster - Cold AC, dmg seems nice, flingshot, can't be dual wielded which is kinda a setback...
    Sentient Corrosion Sprayer - Chem AC, burst, mid min dmg. High reqs...
    Quest weapon intentionally used for tower making, you can choose to get this while doing the weapon for tokens quest at Smug/Eel
    Inner Circle Strategic Flamer - Burst, fullauto, Fire AC...
    Perennium Blaster - Burst, FullAuto, high min dmg, Energy AC... Excellent weapon as a substitute for coop/spas...
    Tradeskill weapon... How to make it can be viewed here

These are a list of ideas of what a soldier could use click on the links yourself and see what u think, only you can choose your weapon... Since i haven't tried them all pls state your oppinions and suggestions or ideas to more or less weapons... Also i might have forgotten a few, these are just the guns i see being talked about on these forums and being used by soldiers in AO... I am looking for ppl's views on these guns.. I am not saying u should use this or that but are looking for ppls views or experiences on which are better and which are not... I have not put level range on these guns...

(since the other post was misunderstodd or whatever.. this is not a post about camping btw or a immaturity contest so pls keep posts to this thread within topic)

[Edited: Put all the suggestions up in this post among with ppls views of the weapons... Look at underneath posts for longer explanations, ideas etc]
    Last edited by Escritores; Nov 24th, 2004 at 22:51:33.
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Nice guide! Was real helpful now that I was considering my solly's options.
    Deggial - Who said troxes ain't smart?
    Aenir - The Sword is the Law
    Nesseva - Walking machine gun

Reborn

Nice!

Im lvl 154 and Im using a Nophex Plasma Destroyer II and done that for a wihle! I personaly prefer this instead of a Div9.
    Get a crit scope and some some critbuffs and you will love it!

At 175 I guess a Fury/Spinner will be equiped after 175! but for now I love the Nophex!
    Im only on Rubi-Ka and I sure as hell outdmg a JAME! Had one of those for a while, but no fin... always the same dmg

Another couple to add to the list :

Mother Nitrogena

Would be a great gun if it had higer min dmg and burst. It also looks and sounds great

Heavy Gamma Beamer

Was the gun to use along time ago, but since the MA crit nerf, its no longer as effective.

E-Beamer

Very good gun for low levels. Normal progression path is E-Beamer - Novaflow - Div9 - Nophex - Hellfury - SL Guns
    Chaosengine : Still soldiering on..
    Equiptment Layout

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero...
    When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything right at all...

Our name is Legion for we are many..

a Manex is actually quite good for heckler hunting if you don't have a Hellspinner, due to the projectile AC on it.
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

Forgot these:
    Premium Seburo C-99a - This is what i used myself for heklers at lvl 160'ish.... proj ac, burst...
    D-nort Compact Assault Rifle - Seen a few soldier use this for heklers too due to proj ac, not the best imo... Burst, aimedshot...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.

Re: Let me try again... Possible weapon choices:

Originally posted by _-EscritoreS-_
    Possible choices for new soldiers in AO...:
    JAME Blaster Prototype IV - Burst, flingshot, rad ac, high min dmg... Espected nerf coming up...
    This weapon is rather hard to get due to it being a very low drop rate and it über camped. Add in that it costs more than 300 mill if you want one. Rumor also has it that it will be changed to 4/4.
    Jobe City Guard Personal Pistol - Quite good... High min dmg dual with a PoP or another pistol...
    The shortcommings of this pistol comes from lack of self-pistol buffs and a low clip size. Good for pistol soldiers in SL though.
    Pain of Patricia - Very good after the de-nerf... Not the best in SL but works amazingly on RK...
    The MBS caps on this weapon alonside soldier template made this pistol 'average' compared to its status as THE pistol. Min damage is too low for it to be good in SL. Expect other classes to perform equally well or better than you with the same gun.
    Augmented Hellfury Assault Cannon - Low burst recharge, rad ac, fast.... (one of the most used weapons)
    One of the best soldier weapons with the ability to terminate programs from the protection school of 48 NCU or lower I believe. Drops off Notum Soldier in EFP - can be a hard mob to bring down. Requires the basic hellfury from cyborg barracks in Greater Tir County - expect to spend alot of time there camping for it.
    Augmented Hellspinner Shock Cannon - Burst, Fullauto, rad ac... (also one of the most used weapons)
    Same as above - Outdamages the hellfury once you can bring the burst recharge down - alongside JAME and Spasmodic assault rifles the best weapons for soldiers in SL.
    Embellished Bulwark Blaster - High min dmg, burst, fullauto, disease ac...
    Outclassed by especially fury/spinner/JAME/Spasmodic - while heckler hunting(lvl'ing) also Manex.
    Sancrosanct Assault Rifle - High min dmg, add whatever specials u like, chem ac... (sounds wicked.. hehe...)
    Problem with these weapons is that as the QL goes up, so does the attack time (up to 6/1 for a QL 300).
    Cooperator Assault Rifle - Rad ac, prolly the best gun ingame atm... Upgrade of Sacrosanct Assault Rifle...
    The wet dream of every soldier - add in an Ocra-Xum glyph and a soldier turn spirit (20% tollerance in terms of QL between weapon and turn spirit) to make this baby - note that you must apply the turn spirit yourself.
    Premium Supernova Mk VI - Pvp? It is actually very good for that...
    1 shot deal - you get 1 AS, but what an AS!
    Long range, fast AS recharge - and with maxed, imped AS + VE will do very good average AS' - PvP weapon only.
    Maw of the Abyss - High min dmg, proj ac...
    expect traders to outclass you with this.
    Revolving Cold Laser - Cold ac, nice damage...
    Scope this baby as much as possible - ELLTS if possible, grab all the critbuffs you can get and your in for a ride! Has its shortcommings in SL due to very low minimum damage.
    Nophex Plasma Destroyer II - Better than Div 9 imo, burst, flingshot, wicked crits...
    While others believe that Div9 is better due to the fast burst recycle (can get down to about 8 secs) - poor SL weapon due to very high AC's. Drops off Notum Soldier or Market Forums.
    Nophex Plasma Destroyer I - Same as above i rekon just lover ql...
    think I heard of one dropping in a team mission ONCE - wether true or not, cannot say.
    Excellent Division 9 Plasmaprojector - Probably the most used soldier assault rifle, easy to OE, low burst recharge...
    Used by most soldiers lvl 2-175.
    Argent Blaster - Rad AC, burst, high min damage...
    Very good coupled with the Jobe guard pistol - found one in a chest in penumbra myself, but have heard of others dropping off sided mobs as well.
    Premium Nova Flow - Mk IV - Oldschool soldier weapon, not the best damage, flingshot, burst, easy to get can be bought in shops and cheap, nice at lower levels...
    yup.
    Lost Faith - Chem ac, mid min dmg, burt, fullauto, re based, not ingame yet...
    waiting for it to hit live.
    Massive Bolt Charger - Rad ac, mid min dmg, burst, flingshot, HW based, nice mods, not ingame yet...
    same as above - AR and HW clusters collide, so make sure you decide upon wich weapon to use prior to using your implants.

These are a list of ideas of what a soldier could use click on the links yourself and see what u think, only you can choose your weapon... Since i haven't tried them all pls state your oppinions and suggestions or ideas to more or less weapons... Also i might have forgotten a few, these are just the guns i see being talked about on these forums and being used by soldiers in AO... I am looking for ppl's views on these guns.. I am not saying u should use this or that but are looking for ppls views or experiences on which are better and which are not... I have not put level range on these guns...

(since the other post was misunderstodd or whatever.. this is not a post about camping btw or a immaturity contest so pls keep posts to this thread within topic)
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Another pistol for the pistol users is the Flux Pistol - at least untill you get an Argent Blaster - quality of the Flux is that it is not NODROP.
    Soldier Equip

I think I would like to see an Atrox soldier wielding a Maul of Menestyr come next patch Or maybe the QL220 one, Maul of Gwyddawg.
    Kiisu, TL 7 fixer of Project-Starlight, RK2.
    Eevatytar, LVL 220 keeper of Project-Starlight, RK2.

Fixers don't need a new pair of glasses, they need a miracle!

Three worthwhile weapons, maybe not for high level peeps but part of our arsenal anyway:

Cineration Champion

http://aomainframe.info/showitem.asp?AOID=208003

Excellent pvm rubi-ka mission weapon. Its fast so you can scope it way up, pure assault rifle so you can get a good attack rating, and does excellent crits. Reds humble opinion: beats the crap out of div9 and nophex.

Terrible terrible weapon for hecklers though.

Also Custom Heavy Suppressor:

http://aomainframe.info/showitem.asp?AOID=160140

Not so great for missions because of the slow special recharge, but does projectile damage so is better for hecklers than many other soldier weapons. SMG skill is a downside and this gun is seen as a bit of an IP sink by many, may be good for soldiers reaching title level 5 without access to millions of creds.

Sentinel 20mm Snub Pistol

http://aomainframe.info/showitem.asp?AOID=123608

Its got 2s swop time and can let loose a decent full auto. One of our few options for a full auto swop gun left for middle level soldiers. Energy damage and poor min damage means it would be very poor for hecklers.

Please lets keep this thread civil, the idea of listing our weapons and their strengths weakness is pretty good.

Red.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

So far, I've used:
    E-beamer till lvl10 or so
    Nova Flow IV till level 60 (mainly cause I hated being a div9 clone )
    Div9 until my current level (lvl118 and growing).

I am considering a Nophex till I can get to 175 to use Hellfury.

Apart from that, I'll be using a Snub Pistol as a swap weapon for Full Auto. Eventually, I hope I can use a Heavy Suppressor too.
    Deggial - Who said troxes ain't smart?
    Aenir - The Sword is the Law
    Nesseva - Walking machine gun

Reborn

I thought of two more:

Kick pistol

http://aomainframe.info/showitem.asp?AOID=165168

I used one of these with a jobe portal pistol and it worked pretty well for elysium and scheol hecklers damage wise. I wasn't able to go full defense with it though which was one of the best things about jobe pistol. Nice crits, slow burst recharge. Projectile damage so good for hecklers. Shotgun req a downside, and no pistol buffs & perks is a real problem.

IMI Tellus

http://aomainframe.info/showitem.asp?AOID=157628

I also dualed one of these with a jobe portal and it worked a lot better than the kick because of its speed so I could go 25% on the aggro bar. Slow burst recharge but fast fling shot recharge, projectile damage so good for hecklers. The heavy weapons req is a downside, and no pistol buffs & perks is a real problem.

Re: Re: Let me try again... Possible weapon choices:

Originally posted by Tza

same as above - AR and HW clusters collide, so make sure you decide upon wich weapon to use prior to using your implants.

*chough* symbiants *chough* - buy SL already!
    Omni-Tek soldier Bloodcub, Veteran of Tranquility

Original posted by cordura
    WTB an ignore button to avoid 5 post /page with same blahblah from people that dont care about a problem but that still give 1243028453 times the same opinion.

Re: Re: Re: Let me try again... Possible weapon choices:

Originally posted by Bloodcub

*chough* symbiants *chough* - buy SL already!
    *cough look at my lvl cough*

But don't pick symbs just because they're symbs

Use symbs because they will be an improvement (<-- not using leg symb for that reason)
    Soldier Equip

Originally posted by Kiisu
    I think I would like to see an Atrox soldier wielding a Maul of Menestyr come next patch Or maybe the QL220 one, Maul of Gwyddawg.
    Christ that maul is going to make the jame look like a waterhose.

Missing the Eradicator XCI-52 from the list, perfect low level Assault Rifle. Only problem is its semi-rare even though its missionable and store buyable, tends to not show up as often as say a Nova-Flow or E-Beamer. Nice fast gun with a 100% Assault Rifle so no split AR like the E-Beamer, has AR req and Flingshot so easier on the IP.

Apart from availability the only other downside is the high AR req to QL ratio, about 5:1 I think. Makes putting on higher QL alot harder as opposed to a Nova Flow or other split Req gun.

Hehe! those new weapons the maul's are gonna put the enfs back on top. =D

SOL SG-71 Robust Only comes in ql's 40-50 i think but seems really nice for the low level soldier twink/pvp'er.... Low reqs, nice dmg, fast, burst, flingshot... Nice adds at those levels...

Originally posted by _-EscritoreS-_
    SOL SG-71 Robust Only comes in ql's 40-50 i think but seems really nice for the low level soldier twink/pvp'er.... Low reqs, nice dmg, fast, burst, flingshot... Nice adds at those levels...
    Yeah that came in with the Dynaboss loot change, where Pump Trainee/Master and the like were added. All QL 40-50, the 50 version usually with a name change.

Ah yes the sol robust, now that's an interesting weapon. I ran some damage simulation on it and it should out damage a ql80ish div9. Could be a real cool weapon for a 20ish twink.

I got a ql50 and a sideline project to get a soldier up to level 20, but I must say levelling a soldier with a normal shotgun is painful project :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast