Thread: new character help...

Question new character help...

I've been playing an MA as my main character and she's up to level 64, and its getting a little frustrating with the bugs that MA's are plauged with.

what I'm looking for is a character that won't be terribly complex to play as, and that will be efficient and hopefully capable to solo, as well as be at least a fairly good team addition.

I was thinking some kind of enforcer, but i'm completely open to suggestions... even suggestions for which race/proficiency an enforcer should be.

Could you specify more directly what you are unsatisfied with?

I am a level 80 ma, and I can solo very well.
    If you play on RK 1, you are also welocome to send me a tell and I will try answer your questions the best I can.

MAs are one of the best solo classes in the game.

Ivonny, 80 ma
    Ravenhild, 53 enf

No matter which class you take it'll always be complex. IP distribution and implants are annoying, especially keeping up with your nanos. I thought NT was cool because all I needed to do was invest in Matter Creation, but turns out to do anywhere decent damage I have to get a gun, which I frankly don't have the IP for. I'd think MA was an easy class, and at least Funcom pays attention to them sometimes.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

why use gun?

I am experimenting with a ma NT too
    She rocks, and is cheap ip wise.

Ivonny

(edited typo)

well, I just recently upgraded my implants to ql 70 (should I have gone higher?) and I'm not doing too much per hit. If i'm lucky 200 on average and a 700 crit.

I see so many classes doing damage greater than that and at the same rate. The entire "MA's hit not as hard but twice as fast" thing is completely nullified with the 1 second fire/recharge rate.

You hit for what is normal for your level with avarage implants.
    We do hit faster than people who wield weapons, we are kind of a living dot (damage over time), so to speak.
    There IS a boring period if you solo around your level, but at level 70+ you should be able to take one step higher than 50% missions, and then get better armor upgrades that way.

What about your buffs? You should have the sg buff, wooden or greater wooden skin and fists of shocking touch.
    Put on all ma buffs, expertice, mastery and lesser controlled rage, and buff your brawl too with brawl expertice. The more in those skills, the harder you hit.

Have you maxed your str skill too? I believe it helps give more damage. And keep the bodydev maxed too for max hitpoints.

You should put points into evades too, that way you wont get crit hit by mobs so often. But only put into melee and projectiles evades. Put on Limbo buff for better evades too.

Ivonny

as a lvl61 MA, i have enjoyed my char quite a bit so far.

i crit for just at 800 and *usually* hit from low 200's to just about/around 300. <with the occasional low-end 100-ish hits>

couple that with a 900 brawl and a Blessed with Thunder DoT; i find the character extremely easy to solo with - cant remember when i really needed Dimach.

i squeezed into QL90 implants a few levels ago, and with all of the MA skill buffs, my attack rating is a bit over 500.

QL70 plants == +79 MA
    QL90 plants == +98 MA

so youre looking at a delta of 19 - which is a little less than 3% of my attack rating...

which god-like classes are you comparing your results to?

previously playing a solider, i can tell you that theres nothing worse than blackholing a burst/fling combo because you needed to reload - oh and lets not even talking about a streak of low-end dmg from a high-QL nova.

heh - furthermore, i cant overquip my fists so - 14.2 isnt a concern...

personally, being the biggest, baddest dmg dealer on the block really isn't my concern - having a char with options is.