Thread: Posted everywhere "Urgent message to the sniper"

Posted everywhere "Urgent message to the sniper"

To the cowardly sniper...

You have insulted, and angered me.

You have killed my friends, even as they stand beside me.

You don't find me to be a threat?

*Laughs*

We will see who you are worried about when your death is upon you.
    Its open season on snipers.

I will hunt you down like the DOG you are! You're life was on the line when you killed my friend the first time...now you continue to kill them regularly, and you kill different ones now...yet I'm not a threat?!
    Know now you're life is over.

I have nothing without my honor, what honor is there in being the one left standing when you're friends are killed? When you are doing what is in your power to protect them and it is not enough?

I know you will read this, so know, I'm not a threat? You spilled too much blood, the blood of my friends is now on me, I could not stop you then, I will stop you now!

Close any affairs in which you are currently involved...because you won't be finishing them.

Pleasant dreams tomight, for you now know, anywhere you go...I'm there...everything you do...I'm following you, and I'm closing in on you...your death is nigh.

-Raijou

*Raijou finishes the announcement and places his helmet upon his head, picking up his sword, he walks into the streets of Borealis and begins to watch and listen...*
    "Chariots strong, horses fast, troops valiant, weapons sharp--so that when they hear the drums beat the attack they are happy, and when they hear the gongs sound the retirement they are enraged.He who is like this is strong."
    -Chang Yu ,author of a commentary of Sun Tzu's 'The Thirteen Chapters'

Please speak with me before you lop off his head, will you?
    -- Killchain

Wouldn´t be quite so dramatic, but yes pretty much the only way for the Sniper to get out of this one alive is to give up and spill the Leet-stew about everything he knows.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

((OOC:

Its meant to be dramatic...I'm trying to draw the attention away from the previous targets - my friends.

And yeah, of course we will try to get information from this individual.))
    "Chariots strong, horses fast, troops valiant, weapons sharp--so that when they hear the drums beat the attack they are happy, and when they hear the gongs sound the retirement they are enraged.He who is like this is strong."

Ysa had heard the announcement again and shook her head, again. Why did Raij have to go and shout, when there were other ways, she hoped, of finding them.

Taking a deep breather she stepped through the doorway in front of her as it slid silently open. Cradled in her arms, was a lump of shrapnel from the missile that had hit Killchain and in her pocket a bullet, she had dug out of her own shoulder. She was rather hoping the fixer she had come too meet would be able too tell her more about them…
    Sable "Ysabelle" Winter, Adventurer & member of Ascension.

I last encountered this sniper in Reet Retreat yesterday. He shot me after being interviewed by a reporter.

At the time I was speaking with some Omni bureaucrat who was trying to get me to put aside my Clan ways.

I later interrogated this bureaucrat, but to no avail. I will not elaborate on the details, just that he kept sidestepping every question and he had quite a strong will.

Here is a link to the chat log:
    http://gaernin.aswwc.net/~archetype/...topic.php?t=29
    Last edited by Xylathenus; Feb 2nd, 2004 at 00:23:54.
    Xylathenus
    Clan Metaphysicist
    Director of Archetype

Any and all information is highly appreciated, thank you for your assistance Ms. Chamorro.

Take care, and if you find out more about this 'Thevip' or anyone else involved, I will greatly appreciate that information as well.

May your journey be a safe one that finds you where you wish to be.

-Raijou

...mofoz

how u expect to catch a ghost? lol

a person who can kill you before you ever even know they are around...snipers > all ...etc pwnt
    Ezekiel 25:17.

Killer 93%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 20%

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Its a shame really, confirmed kills should always be explained. How else should one expect improvement on the victims part?
    This ,however, seems like a loose cannon better put down imo.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

This sniper is very dangerous. He has a way to control the suppression gas around him, so that he may take aim and shoot in a place like Borealis. Thus, he is a very dangerous person and should be considered hostile to Omni, Clan, and Neutral alike. He also seems to be setting up hiding spots all around Borealis that, if possible, should be burned. and moved aside. I will attempt to patrol the rooftops looking for him, but one man cannot do this alone.

Lastsecond2 out.

I've done some scouting myself and, of course, have drawn a blank.

The missiles seem to be fired from a very long distance and Borealis isn't a very big place. Considering the parties who might be involved in this, we have to consider the possibility that they're being fired from the outzone to the south and west of the town.

Of course, that's not the only explanation. More prozaic scenarios include firing from Holes in the Wall or The Longest Road (unlikely given the height of the mountain ranges between those zones and Bor - we hear the missile being fired), firing from the nearby Pentor's Peak and then ducking into the mines or one of the outbuildings there, or the sniper simply concealing him/herself once the missile has been fired.

Soyuz,
    Director, Borealis Engineering Associates

Three times at least in the past few days have I heard the dire sound of a wizzing bullet passing near me, just as I was heading out of the Advanced Shop on the main street. I never heard this sound elsewhere in Borealis. Could it be an clue about the actual lign of sight of the sniper ?

Hunting down this murderer should be Bor's Authorities top priorities ! At least they should advertise this fact, urging people not to stagger in the middle of the main stret, but stay under cover or inside buildings.

edit : I had a brief look around Borealis, and in my opinion, two very obvious spots could be located at coord. 694-454 or 680-394, two hills next to each other looking down the main street. But maybe they're too obvious to be the right ones. Looking North, West and East, there are buildings blocking LoS...
    But can a sniper fire at THAT range ?

(IRL disclaimer : excuse my approximate English, it is not my mother tongue)
    Last edited by Tarto*; Feb 11th, 2004 at 14:55:03.

Does anyone know what "drives" this sniper? Or is he just a mystery alltogether? Ive been asking all my usual "contacts" and came up totally and not surprisingly blank.
    Guess Ill too do a scout round in Borealis and nearby....

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

I've seen enough to know he's apparently involved in the conflict between the two organizations calling themselves the Dust Brigade.

I'm not sure which side of that he's on, but I suspect he's working for Midia. The only problem with that is, it's not her usual method.

Midia, unfortunately, seems to change methods all the time to me. This is one reason we cant be safe anywhere from her. Its not easy to defend when you never know whats coming to eat you. If this "sniper" is one of her lackeys I fear we can expect many more in her service. We must not only look for him but also other possible threts.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Originally posted by Naefen
    Midia, unfortunately, seems to change methods all the time to me.
    The specifics change, but there are a few consistent details in all her attacks.

1) She never leads her forces from the front, she views them as expendable resources.
    2) Her forces are generally under the influence of some type of mind control.
    3) The other groups we've had problems with in the past (Dust Brigade and Loren Warr's mercenaries) tend to be very direct, preferring open warfare, where Midia usually only comes out when the battle's over.

We've seen recently in Stret West Bank that Midia is involved in this, it seems that hiding behind an unseen sniper is something she would do, but not the real Dust Brigade or Loren Warr. Unless we have a new enemy, I would conclude that Midia is behind the sniper.

Borealis is relatively secure. Any attempts to cause further harm will be caught on tape. Any attempts to disable certain technology will be detected and foiled. Attacking the power supply is futile. Backups are placed in random locations all over Borealis. It is once again, a Safe Haven.

For inquiries as to the nature of these protections, contact me.

Lastsecond2 out.

oh Ysa, you must be carefull my friend, and so must the rest of you in SD, if you ever need us, you know we will come, just call on us,we will do all we can to help keep you safe
    Rawenna -Proud General of Alpha Omega

"Royal bitch of the Clans"

Member of the CoT clergical staff

Maby the sniper just needs a hug.

And a reload.