Thread: Cosmik, I have a great idea!

Cosmik, I have a great idea!

searching through banks and bags can be a real pain in the ass. Its a little easier now, but theres still some hassle to it.

You know how when you put your mouse pointer over an item a little white box with the name comes up?

Why not make bags where the player can change that tab themselves so we can label our own bags?

I doubt it would be a real hard thing to add given the skills of FC programmers. The uses of this new bag would surely outweigh the time spent adding it.

please support this thread I hate spending a half hour searching through bags.

Thumbs up

i support this thread

also why are the windows so small ?
    ( especially the bank window ... 2x3 )
    It would be great to be able to resize them
    to 5x4 or or at least 4x3

/Quantar MP 101

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    While I like the idea Dragonfly and bump it, don't hold your breath for it to be included. Attaching user-created text to those items is a lot harder than you can imagine. I'll spare you the technicals though as that could be a whole thread in itself.

In any case, bump!

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

It might not be as tough as we all think. Two very doable ideas come to mind:

First, if they have unique item tags for all objects including bags, then they can easilly add a feature to the client to add a custom name to any item that is moused over. This information would be stored client-side as it holds no real interest for the server or other players.

Example, hold your mouse over a bag and type '/itemname "Eye Implants". Now a string gets stored in your characters Prefs folder with a reference to that item's unique id. Anytime you mouse over that item you see "Eye Implants" instead of "Large Backpack".

Secondly, assuming that the client knows what is in each bag. The rollover mouse tooltip could simply be the name of the item in the first slot in the bag. You could have six bags holding weapons. But, if you mouse over them you might see "Vektor Dragon Shotgun", "Deluxe Disafilliation Sniper Rifle", "Loose Slank Chop", etc.

Surely you'd know which bag to open to get Shotties, Sniper Rifles, or Edged Weapons.

Either of these implementations would probably satisfy us for some time.

Edit:

And Tappert is right. The item system in AO is so completely inflexible and rigid that you will probably NEVER see such things as Maker's Marks on tradeskill items, variable weapon enhancement (just look at the kludge job they did with the Summers SMG's, or random rare loot. Adding the ability to have a maker's mark on every weapon that can be made would balloon their database like a shut-in's ass after a case of Jolt and a carton of Bon Bon's.

But, move the work clientside for non-exploitable conveniences such as this and it's doable.
    Last edited by Bionitrous; Apr 30th, 2002 at 19:45:10.

This has been suggested before. In fact it was suggested long before the new backpacks came out. So apparently Funcom has decided at least for now that player labelled backpacks would be too much of a headache for them to implement.

Grr...just like everything else in this game, FC has terrible programming.

Exclamation

Hey now, let's see you design a game such as this from scratch

Don't be such a pantywaste!

--Tsk

adding suck a feature would mean they would have to rework the database to include roomf or that. Not exactly an easy thing to do... time would be better spent elsewhere
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

I would be happy if I could open bags from bank, that would be enought for me...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.