Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: troube in bor

troube in bor

while i m just about to close my shop for today i hear "the sound of icc troops deploying everywhere"

suddenly borealis is packed with tons of icc peacekeeper troops and heavy weaponry including at least a dozen carte blanche liberators mk III.

and so i whisper to my bot: "well good timing, good that i just closed for today, better getting lost here, i sense trouble..."
    maverick(my bot): "indeed"
    Last edited by Mummu; Jan 24th, 2004 at 18:42:20.
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

Oh the ICC finaly reacting to Midia an her cronies frequenting Borealis? ABout time if you ask me.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

I only hope that the citizens remain safe.
    Xylathenus
    Clan Metaphysicist
    Director of Archetype

Not particularly.

As per their standard modus operandi, the dusters dropped the suppression gas to 25% levels half an hour or so before their attack. The town was already stuffed to bursting with Clan and Omni personel who had come to see what the fuss was about, and as soon as the gas dropped, mayhem broke out. Ordinary citizens, people who had lived there for years and were just trying to go about their business, were caught in the crossfire.

I live in Borealis myself. I stayed in the town for a while, to help defend it if the Dust Brigade finally got round to attacking, but things just got a little too crazy. I wasn't attacked myself, things were a little too random I guess, since I'm an easy enough target, but there were multiple incidents of people chain-killing those at reclaim.

I retreated to the woods, where the suppression gas seemed to be lingering, and found a small group of others (all factions) gathered there. I monitored the public channels for a while and made a couple more forays into Borealis itself to see if things were calming down but eventually, with no sign of the Dust Brigade and warring gangs of faction personel blowing away anything that didn't con as friendly, I decided there was little point in staying. The Dust Brigade didn't need to attack to wreck the town, our fellow Rubi-Kans were doing that for them.

I returned a couple of hours later to find the ICC force gone, the suppression gas back to its normal levels and broken glass and bullet holes all over the place...

Fishercat,
    Survey Dept, Borealis Engineering Associates

nice!

now how about fixing the lag that went along with this little RP event?
    God told me to make a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and I did, and all rejoiced

Trader Exam MKII Passed
    My Stuff

Remember kids, Omlets are best when fried and served with a side xp%

Originally posted by Soyuz

As per their standard modus operandi, the dusters dropped the suppression gas to 25% levels half an hour or so before their attack. The town was already stuffed to bursting with Clan and Omni personel who had come to see what the fuss was about, and as soon as the gas dropped, mayhem broke out. Ordinary citizens, people who had lived there for years and were just trying to go about their business, were caught in the crossfire.

I live in Borealis myself. I stayed in the town for a while, to help defend it if the Dust Brigade finally got round to attacking, but things just got a little too crazy. I wasn't attacked myself, things were a little too random I guess, since I'm an easy enough target, but there were multiple incidents of people chain-killing those at reclaim.
    I was rather surprised to see that in a few short hours ICC had transformed the city into a fortress. When I asked an ICC officer what was happening, I was told that ICC had discovered the Dust Brigade was going to attack Borealis.

Considering that many people I know have fought with the Dust Brigade in the past along with the fact that Midia has some power within the ICC and has recently been associated with the Dust Brigade, I deemed it necessary to call together friends from all factions who have had to deal with either Midia or the Dust Brigade in the past. We decided to set up a patrol of the city to defend the city and determine who was behind the current events.

A few Omni-tek employees seemed to have the wrong impression, as I overheard several shouting "The clans are attacking Borealis!" into their comms gear. I tried to correct them on the Dust Brigade/clan distinction, but it was too late.

At first, Omni employees slowly trickled in through the Whom-pah and grid. When the gas dropped to 25% of the minimum-risk level, these people began shooting at the clan members who were trying to help defend the city, and again started shouting into their comms systems that "the gas is at 25% and the clans are attacking," which just wasn't true at all.

This of course resulted in more Omni-tek employees rushing into the city, apparently with the assumption that anyone who wasn't an OT employee was a clan invader.

At least, I assumed this was the case for the first three people who attacked me. After that, there was no excusing what they did...I was personally attacked by some 15-20 individuals while trying to leave the reclaim terminal for a safe area. One Omni-tek employee killed me three times on the pad next to the reclaim terminal and laughed as he did it.

I know a handful of members of the Disciples of Omni-tek attacked ICC peacekeepers and neutral citizens against direct orders of their superior officer, and I'm presuming they will be held responsible for their actions by their leader.

I still haven't heard from representatives of other organizations involved in this wholesale slaughter of neutral citizens by Omni-tek employees.

I presume Philip Ross did not approve of this course of action, and hopefully the responsible parties will be penalized accordingly. This Omni attack on a neutral city was completely unprovoked, and falls fairly close to the attack on Safe Haven in its severity.

If Philip Ross has nothing to say on this matter, I will be forced to seek ICC intervention on behalf of all neutral citizens who wish to be safe in their own cities.
    Last edited by Keldros; Jan 25th, 2004 at 05:31:03.

Oh they will be propperly dealt with, belive me. I might not be much for spit and polish, and even give thumbs up for personal initiative, but when i give a direct order i expect it to be followed.

The Disciples that misbehaved i will deal with myself and one of them in particular. A large group of other Omni personel will be reported for insubordination, failure to heed local regulations and other similar charges. Borealis is not a free-fire zone, and though the gas might temporarily drop the regulations state that the local standard should be followed, and that was not the case today.

Now, to be fair i must also state that i saw several Clanners shooting wildly too. Not an excuse, but a statement that Omni-Tek was not the only ones doing the shooting.

And a good size of the present Omni employees were there to help protect Borealis.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

I must first begin by thanking the representatives of all three factions who came together with my organization to help defend Borealis.

It was this defense force that showed the true icon of how Rubi-Kan's should live. Together in unity and peace, together for a common goal.

When the suppression field dropped to 25%, peace actually was sustained by some of the respected leaders of the factions.... but only for a while. With 300+ citizens filling the interiors of the city gates, it was difficult to concentrate. My mind even blacked out at least 4 times.

I think Midia had something to do with our problems yesterday.
    Somehow she must have hacked into the very lifeforce of Borealis, preventing all nanos from being cast. Even delaying simple actions. How she did this is a good question, but she is the top suspect. Even if it was her lackeys that did it, they are still reporting to her.

It is inevitable that she has ill-will against all of Rubi-Ka. She caused more death and mayhem by our own fellow civillians and members than a league of Medusas probably could. She struck where it hurt the most and she struck hard. She struck at the very lifeblood of our organizations, causing us to divide. Then the fact that the Dust Brigade attacked Newland, just added to the turmoil.

We must gather our strength and recover from these wounds. Then we must actively seek and destroy all in our path in order to capture Midia. She must be stopped at ALL COSTS.

Hafa adai ya yan i familiamu.
    Xylathenus
    Clan Metaphysicist
    Director of Archetype

In truth does it matter who fired the first shot? I have heard all the comments and whether it was Omni or Clan, the result was the same, a bloodbath. Just a few individuals it seems managed through either mistaken beliefs or sheer bloodlust to turn an alliance into death and terror for all.

Midia, the Dusties and everyone with a vested interest in seeing that bloodbath continue, must have started laughing at the first shot and I doubt they have stopped yet.

Old rivalries seem to hold more importance, or perhaps some people just like the idea of restarting a full scale Omni/Clan war, than trying to live together. And using a neutral city as the battlefield, well... as I said certain people are probably still laughing.

Only days before all three groups had co-operated to destroy a Dusties base, a great show of how well we can work together. Yet only days later, some of those same allies were at each other's throats yet again.

I have friends on both sides, none of whom I am glad to say were involved, other than trying to get out of the crossfire or calm things down. How long will it be before, those who were behind this drag the rest of us completely into this mess, that they seem to love so dearly.

So does it really matter who fired the first shot? Not really, the effect was better than any attack. An attack would have brought us together even more strongly, what actually happened may have driven us further apart again.

*sighs*

Ysa.
    Last edited by Ysabelle; Jan 25th, 2004 at 12:01:58.
    Sable "Ysabelle" Winter, Adventurer & member of Ascension.

Veritas was present in Borealis to assist the neutral community in defending themselves against the DB,

But when the suppression dropped and our members began taking fire from Omni's in the area we retreated outside the city
    and did our best to convince those inside to cease fighting to no
    effect.

As long as short sighted people allow their bloodlust to rule
    their lives we are doomed. Omni Neutrals and Clan are not the
    enemy here. But fanatics and criminals who hide their murderous
    intentions behind old hatreds and long usesless slogans.

We must fight together or future generations will look back upon us with shame over our actions.

Veritas extends its hand to anyone who wishes to speak in
    peace and fight against those who seek to keep us appart,
    Last edited by Ramid; Jan 25th, 2004 at 17:06:10.
    Sonny "Ramid" Bichrest

President Vox Populi
    Guild website
    http://www.bbfun.com/index.php?mforum=vox

I'm not saying all of Omni-tek is responsible for this incident. As I mentioned, Xhairs was trying to prevent this from happening, and I'm sure others were as well.

However, Omni-tek is responsible for paying its share for the reparation of Borealis. I sent the ICC a list of everyone who attacked me, and I understand others did the same. It should be a simple task to go through the list and fine the appropriate organizations.

As for the clans, from what I saw they were only defending themselves. In the handful of cases when I survived long enough to verify the affiliations of my attacker, it was always an Omni employee.

I think the ICC has sufficient information to require reparations from the appropriate parties (Clan and Omni alike), along with a list of reasonable estimates how much damage was caused by members of each specific organization involved.
    Last edited by Keldros; Jan 26th, 2004 at 01:02:24.

Hmm wasnt it "shoot at clam" event?
    I know that thats the reason why i went there (once i heared about 25% gas).I even petitioned to make the gas perma 25% once it went 100% (and Tir perma 25% can be nice too).
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

well about what happened after i left, i also know only rumors, but when i fled, i ve a little Demophobia, there where mainly omnis### in bor and only a handful of clanr###.

and after this incident i ll look for a calmer place for my business.
    Free Souls
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

This was not a faction "come-shoot-me!" event.
    It is common knowledge both the Dust Brigade and Midia's so-called "Dust Brigade" lower the field in an area to 25% before attacking. My observation, however, is that they saw the huge size of the force there to defend Borealis and promptly thought otherwise, and chose instead to attack Newland.

--HOWEVER!-- Keldros is correct. Almost every Clan member I had requested to be there (I asked their org leaders and they brought members). When word of mouth about the field got around, and I will terstify to this, Borealis flooded with Omni-Tek employees who started to maim and kill everyone they saw who was not working for Omni-Tek.

Now, some Omni-Tek people were there to defend Borealis, and I thank you for your effort, but it is no secret most of the hostilities were from those who worked for Omni-Tek and were heavily equipped for combat. (OOC Note: St00pid twinkers who didn't give a damn about the event whatsoever.)
    Last edited by Killchain; Jan 26th, 2004 at 18:24:41.
    -- Killchain

OOC:
    I give a damn about event its just that if you clam its doesnt matter whatever you Dust Brigade or not-you still should be shot on sight (just what i did in Bor).
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

I'll remember that when I see you again.
    Keep your gun down when you're around me, son.
    -- Killchain

Hehe you wish.
    And next time when you get "you attacked by nanobots for .... dmg from Seventshadow" consider it a Hallo from me^^.

Originally posted by seventshadow
    Hehe you wish.
    And next time when you get "you attacked by nanobots for ..36.. dmg from Seventshadow" consider it a Hallo from me^^.
    You were attacked by Killchain for 2654 points of energy damage.
    -- Killchain

Originally posted by seventshadow
    OOC:
    I give a damn about event its just that if you clam its doesnt matter whatever you Dust Brigade or not-you still should be shot on sight (just what i did in Bor).
    And neutral inhabitants of Borealis are no different?

Anyone foolish enough to deviate from their contractual obligations should understand the risks associated with loss of contractual protection.
    Tsunameh
    First Savior of Rimor. Former keeper professional.
    Tsunameh

Legends sometimes come back to haunt their enemies.

Playing WoW as a facemelter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast