Thread: Critical Chance

Question Critical Chance

Hi Folks !

Is there a Formula to gain the initial Crit chance (without Crit-Buff/LLT)
    If yes please post it here, if not are there differences between the Professions ( have some Professions a higher chance 2 make a crit?) and how´s the effect of Atack-rating, Special-Abilities(Fling,burst,etc...),Level involved in this.
    Please help me on this issue

Re: Critical Chance

Originally posted by DWMechaniker
    Hi Folks !

Is there a Formula to gain the initial Crit chance (without Crit-Buff/LLT)
    If yes please post it here, if not are there differences between the Professions ( have some Professions a higher chance 2 make a crit?) and how´s the effect of Atack-rating, Special-Abilities(Fling,burst,etc...),Level involved in this.
    Please help me on this issue
    I don't know the formula, but with higher Attack rating you crit more often, maybe it's level based too.

Attack rating check evades before you hit and if enemy have low evades you crit more often.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Thanx for the reply
    but I need more specific data I want to figure out when (% crit) my Krutt outdamage my Vektor

you might want to check out www.antiguardians.org

they have a calculator somewhere in the stuff section

me know that and its my prob when i cant get an MA and wont use my LLTS what should I put in as Critchance ???

Originally posted by girl
    you might want to check out www.antiguardians.org

they have a calculator somewhere in the stuff section
    Well that still doesn't help much. Why? Because they have a seperate value for critchance. And since we don't know the default critchance (or the conditions that modify the default critchance). Don't understand what I'm saying? You can modify crit chance to be 25%, 50%, 75%, or even 100% or any value inbetween. But you still won't know the actual crit chance you have.

I need more specific data I want to figure out when (% crit) my Krutt outdamage my Vektor

There is no hidden crit bonus/rating on weapons.

Here is a basic equation for figuring your chance to crit.

AMS vs DMS + Crit Items/Buffs

Originally posted by Rongan

Well that still doesn't help much. Why? Because they have a seperate value for critchance. And since we don't know the default critchance (or the conditions that modify the default critchance). Don't understand what I'm saying? You can modify crit chance to be 25%, 50%, 75%, or even 100% or any value inbetween. But you still won't know the actual crit chance you have.
    Thats what I mean
    /me excuses my bad english

Originally posted by DWMechaniker
    Thanx for the reply
    but I need more specific data I want to figure out when (% crit) my Krutt outdamage my Vektor
    I don't think a Krutt EVER will outdamage a Vektor if you don't have a crit buff, if you have LMA/UVC use Krutt, if not, use Vektor, easy
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Your base, all the time crit chance is 3%.

Originally posted by Jinya
    Your base, all the time crit chance is 3%.

If you have sub 100 AMS and you are fighting Aces, your chance to crit is very close to 0%.
    If you have 1k+ AMS and fighting level 1 leets, your chance to crit is very close to 100%.

There is no "base crit chance".
    Please indicate where you got that figure from.

Post Welp...

Edited for correctness

1) There is a 3% Base Chance to crit...Always.
    2) For every 10 percent higher the attack exceeds the defense, you gain an additional 1%.

So, if you have 2x the attack rating as the enemy has defense rating (weapon skill versus speed skill), you will have a 13% chance to crit (100% higher/10 = 10% bonus).

This information is from the Funcom/Prima guide that was released when the game was released last year.

Hope this shines a little light.

Provisioner
    Last edited by Provisioner; Apr 29th, 2002 at 21:29:37.
    Trader: The trader is the most trade-skill oriented of all professions.

Originally posted by Miir

If you have sub 100 AMS and you are fighting Aces, your chance to crit is very close to 0%.
    If you have 1k+ AMS and fighting level 1 leets, your chance to crit is very close to 100%.

There is no "base crit chance".
    Please indicate where you got that figure from.

Cosmik or Cz said it. They also said 1000 range init = 1 second, so you can't believe anything they say anymore. They don't know their own game.

I challenge you to shoot the bartender in the Trade areas with a weapon you have no skill in.

Like a QL1 pistol on an enforcer.

Log your shots and see how often you crit.
    I'll bet you wont see any crits whatsoever...

2) For every 10 percent higher the attack exceeds the defense, you gain an additional 1%.

Does it work vice versa?
    If your AMS is 10% lower than the mobs DMS, does the crit chance decrease 10%?

That Prima guide is so full of misinformation and inconsistencies that taking what it says as gospel is incredibly foolish.

Originally posted by Miir

I challenge you to shoot the bartender in the Trade areas with a weapon you have no skill in.

Like a QL1 pistol on an enforcer.

Log your shots and see how often you crit.
    I'll bet you wont see any crits whatsoever...

Does it work vice versa?
    If your AMS is 10% lower than the mobs DMS, does the crit chance decrease 10%?

That Prima guide is so full of misinformation and inconsistencies that taking what it says as gospel is incredibly foolish.
    Miir, it's called 'research'.

I obtained information from a credible source, and the best you can say is 'never trust that guide, prove it.'...

Whether you trust it or not, I have stated my sources. You now have the burden of proving it wrong.

Don't just flame, prove it!

You tend to get downright NASTY when people simply post what they know or what they have obtained in writing.

If you don't know or have nothing to contribute, don't post...

Provisioner
    Trader: The trader is the most trade-skill oriented of all professions.

Originally posted by Provisioner
    Miir, it's called 'research'.

I obtained information from a credible source, and the best you can say is 'never trust that guide, prove it.'...

Whether you trust it or not, I have stated my sources. You now have the burden of proving it wrong.

Don't just flame, prove it!

You tend to get downright NASTY when people simply post what they know or what they have obtained in writing.

If you don't know or have nothing to contribute, don't post...

Provisioner
    Let me enlighten you my uninformed friend.

The "credible" source that you got that figure from is Funcom themself. Funcom has proven themselves to be wrong time and time again, begining with any number of game mechanics errors. The code their games they way they don't intend to and give out information based on incorrect *in game* coding.

Critical Changes NEVER miss. If you roll a Crit, your enemy will NEVER evade them. Same with specials but thats not what we are talking about. It is proven in PVP with Grid Armor. Having a DMS of 1500+ saves you from every hit except a Crit which cuts DMS right out the window.

Funcom has stated that 1000 Ranged Init = 1 second off attack time. That was later proven wrong, the actual number is 600.

Funcom has stated that Martial Arts uses the Physical Init skill. That was later fixed by THEM.

Funcom has stated that Critical Hits bypass all Armor Factor. That was later proven wrong by me. Critical hits are modified by AC just like anything else would.

Funcom says:
    The chance for a critical hit is always at least 3 percent, going up by about 1 percent for every 10 percent by which attack exceeds defense. So if your attack is twice your target's defense, you will have about a 13 percent chance of doing a critical.
    While they say the 3% crit chance rule is there, it's not true. Accodring to this, if you were to shoot a Fixer with MKIV Grid Armor 100 times with a Pistol skill of 50, You should hit 3 times with a crit. It will never happen.
    Last edited by Lucid Flow; Apr 29th, 2002 at 23:37:22.

I think the correct statement would be to say: You have a base of 3% which is then modified by the AMS and DMS....meaning that it is quite possible to go into negative % chance.

That is why Grid armor sometimes doesnt work vs. much lower mobs and why uber high conceal (see: 2000) will get you spotted in any backyard. Ghetto wrap-around effect.

Silly math, sloppy programming.

EDIT: Forget to add, if crits are subject to AC then wouldnt that pistol wielding enforcer hit the grid amor fixer for min damage even if it was a crit?
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Conclusion :

-I´ll get 3% Critchance if my Attack-Rate is equal to the enemy´s evade
    -If I got double Attack vs evade I´ll get 13%(100% higher/10 = 10% bonus)
    --If I got Half Attack vs evade I´ll get -7%(100% lower/10 = -10% bonus)

This would make sense
    I experienced that ill crit much more on grays then on red mobs
    and even crit more when I deprive/ransack the hell out of them

Dont use the calculator at antiguardians, it is very wrong, it doesnt include simple things as ranged inits effect on recharge.

And btw where is it proven that 600ranged init decreases atk time by 1sec? There is something here which also has to be included: agg-def bar.

My observations:
    I fire max speed with a 2.5/2.5 weapon and 1000ranged init on full aggro.
    I do NOT fire max speed with a 2.5/2.5 weapon and 1000ranged init and agg-def on middle.
    I fire about 2.5/1.5 or something (hard to say whats atk and recharge because of server and client behaving differently) with 50ranged init (QL 194 scope) and add-def on full agg.
    I fire 1/1 with a 1/1.5weapon and 50 ranged init on full aggro.

From what I seen it can just as well have been agg-def on full aggro takes for instance 0.5sec from atk and 1s from recharge and FC beeing correct in that 1000 ranged init = 1sec off atk.

Havent really bothered tested this throughly because I know if I dont cap speed at 1/1, I'm wasting dmg, so I just get as high crit chance I can while staying at speedcap.

As for crit chance, I dont believe any theories before someone actually does a in game statistical test with a sufficient population. There is also unknows in for instance mobs defensive skills here which complicate things, so best way would probably be to test against another player.