Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nippy, when to ditch them?

Nippy, when to ditch them?

My shade is 102 I have equiped a nippy ql 160 and a 159 on off hand..
    the MBS is 1000, which is gonna take some time to reach, but when looking at Rapiers that are Matching the DD of those and the skill required to equip them, it seems that until i can reach around 1400 piercing the Rapiers are looking inferior.
    has anyone any thoughts on this?

It depends how uber you want to be at all times. Dual wielding nippies (dualing them is important for arul bracers) can be effective until 200ish, however a QL190 typed rapier will OD a nippy by a noticeable margin. Personally I used them until about 170 something, when i started changing over to rapiers.

If i remember correctly, a QL187 rapier just about breaks even with a nippy, considering the rapier will hit for more per hit (from MBS cap on nippy) but the nippy is going to crit higher, making up for the lower MBS.
    220/22/68 trox Enf Equip
    220/10 opi Shade
    207/13 nm Doc
    156/6 nm MP
    156/2 nm NT

I personally used my two Nippys till lvl 150 approximately. Then i switched to ql 220 PE + Kyr Rapier ql ~185. Got my hands on lvl 150ish and 185ish chem aruls, so i didn't changed my setup till i reached lvl 202.
    Meaning of course putting in 202ish radiation aruls + 2 energy rapiers

Nippy's are viable all the way to endgame: think of all those non AI shades: what else have they got?

lord and lady of deceit
    Deadlyviper Level 220/15 11th 220 Solitus Shade
    Gimp Gear

Duranix
    -220/14 Soldier
    In Progress
    CPU1: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz - 21% Load
    CPU2: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz - 16% Load
    Video Card: Nvidia Geforce Go 7900 GS 256 mb
    Memory: Free: 1169MB | Used: 879MB | Total: 2047MB
    Current Foreground App: [client.exe] (AO)

Quote Originally Posted by Stehn
    lord and lady of deceit
    ... or maybe Piercing Evil, Trick Poker?
    "If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty one --
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds."

dont think shades without AI can get that high piercing, trick pokers suck in SL and PE isn't exactly great (although could be paired with a nippy)

rofl pe aint exactly that great? it od's a ql160 nippy if u have 500ish init, also i wouldnt call 3k crits bad. Pe is very very good weapon and it usually hits nice backstabs

(also ai dont give u a bunch more piercing u get a total of 100 with light infantry maxed)
    Last edited by WizardofDoom; Aug 11th, 2006 at 21:20:02.
    Wizardofdoom-201/13 Meta
    Rookie Gankstar420-80/8 agent
    Lusty-214/13 shade equip

ai armour mate, i doubt u can get 2201 piercing with just SL

Quote Originally Posted by WizardofDoom
    rofl pe aint exactly that great? it od's a ql160 nippy if u have 500ish init, also i wouldnt call 3k crits bad. Pe is very very good weapon and it usually hits nice backstabs

(also ai dont give u a bunch more piercing u get a total of 100 with light infantry maxed)
    PE IS bad
    so you prefer to fight full agg?
    woowwwwwwww
    goooooo u
    Gimp Gear

Duranix
    -220/14 Soldier
    In Progress

i rarley go full def im usually at a little less then half(on agg/def bar) and i still hit about 1/1, no need to go full def unless you start getting aggro imo

edit-also why does everyone gotta be such a hater
    Wizardofdoom-201/13 Meta
    Rookie Gankstar420-80/8 agent
    Lusty-214/13 shade equip

shade should always be full def cus once ur doing good dmg u will always tank
    Gimp Gear

Duranix
    -220/14 Soldier
    In Progress

Quote Originally Posted by manaas
    ai armour mate, i doubt u can get 2201 piercing with just SL
    tragic spirits, sting louse, infantry crepuscule boots,shade star, beast-sleeve, few sided tattoos, perks, trickle-buffs and wranglors and boof -> you have 2300 paersing without ai

(nillans skill emulator ftw)
    Last edited by Otinsainpas; Aug 12th, 2006 at 22:07:14.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by manaas
    Nippy's are viable all the way to endgame...
    Ofc their are but if you don't want be a gimped DDer you will go with rapiers.
    I got ride of my Nipppy's at 160 when I was able to equip 190ish Kyr rapiers (they had higher min dmg so were better cause on hecks you hit only min dmg).

WEll, I agree with Stehn, and

(OMFG! what did I just say???? :O Knock me over with a feather and call me a Nanomage)

I was in the same boat with Mr. Stabber, but... though I can't remember What it was about giving up my Nippy at that level I regretted... I DID regret it. Yes, the minimum damage of an Energy Rapier is... Ahhh! Maybe that's it. Minimum damage of a Nippy begins to fall back, behind that of the best Rapier you can equip BUT, Crits, and perhaps BS don't. I think, in hindsight (and I've left enough quotes laying about on the forums regarding this to either shoot down, or support what I am about to say)

in hindsight, I say

I think I gave up my Nippy because I thought the Grass was greener. I definately remember my offhand rapier as BEGINNING to OD the Nippy in terms of Minimum damage. THAT was enough to get my mind racing along the course of "I'm Not doing the best damage that I COULD be doing" (love those Caps, I do). That's not always a good place to have one's head. I'm noticing I'm doing the same thing Now, on a baby shade. He's 66, Soloing Nasc hecks, wielding crap for weapons (ql 77 ITD mainhand and some Sigd IV junk as offhand).

I'm running the same mindset on my Test baby as I did with my Nippy wielder; "There has GOT to be something better". Yes, absolutely, but... A reality is that my 66 is getting better and better at soloing the Hecks just as he is. In His situation he'd have to spend a great many hours trying to find replacement weapons. Since his opponent isn't going to change until he's about lvl 90 or so, and he gets stronger with each level... HIS best option is just to stick it out.

My Nippy Wielder... Yes... if you are going to give up Nippy at 160, why bother even wielding it, is my thought now. All it does for you is make you Uber a bit early, but, if you HAVE it... Why not keep it (as many recomend) til much later. Just shunt it into your offhand slot, Min damage will be a Bit lower as you level, but, Crits will be there and you won't be worrying about what, and when, to upgrade your offhand.

While I probably wouldn't make the sacrifices to go Nippy again, I ALSO wouldn't drop it at 160 again, if I were back in the same boat.

Before ai Nippy was the best shade item in game to have. the best weapons i dont even think you could get them on (if they were even ingame and droping then) idk i was a froob >. any was if you have a nippy milk it fo rthat 200m you payed for it you can always lvl up to 190 with em and still do good dmg. but once you start getting into pen missions your going to wana go with rapiers for higher min dmg and for your ar to become uncaped so you can land perks.

and Otinsainpas im still envius of your perk dmg on tara.!
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.

best i have had on tara so far is 14k and that was self and i was trying i was even screaming @ my screen going do uber dmg damnit! but it didn't work :P wtf were you teamed w/ crat/solja/trader/keeper/adv? i mean come the fook on man thats insane!
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

Haven't got nippies on my shade yet - I've been taking a break from leveling him to camp the damn things. On my 16th day, haven't gotten one yet. <cry>

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoticshade
    but once you start getting into pen missions your going to wana go with rapiers for higher min dmg and for your ar to become uncaped so you can land perks.
    A weapon's skill cap doesn't stop perks from landing. MBS only caps out the damage adjustment from your AR - it doesn't affect landing hits or critting with that weapon, or perks that check that skill to land.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

ya your right ima noob nerf me not going to sleep > but ya your right i idk why i was thinking the other way around o.0
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

Nerf yourself - go roll a trader. <wink> Or for the real masochists, an NT!
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

i already got a trader > wtb duals w/ my 15 vs a lvl 60 twink would make its hard on my part to pvp and also would give me a challange as most tl1/tl2 twinks suck. by suck i mean 5v1 while drained and still hitting players for 200 points of dmg!
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast