Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ARK misuse of Notum resources!

This is something we have watched very closely. Indeed the ARks use extensive amount of notum for there hour long meeting. I am glade someone notices now that its not just Omni-Mining who uses up notum.

There may be ways without useing the notum fields...but I wont get into that right now.

Originally posted by Swiftmind
    I am glade someone notices now that its not just Omni-Mining who uses up notum.
    How sweet, from her own mouth too. If notum is infinite as you've previously claimed it cant be used up. Now, you come forward with what we all have known to be true for so long. Notum can be used up, and you're part of using it up. That confession just made my day.
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

So umm...ARK peoples...want to buy some cut-rate priced notum? Whisper's Edge operates a few mines and I would just as soon see it used here on Rubi-ka than shipped off world.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

*stretches...freshly infused with notum from her promotion to Guardian*

I'd hate to beat people to reclaim with my teddy bear. It's already looking battered.
    ARK Community Relations Forums Oracle Guardian

~Forums Social Guidelines~

~Advisors of Rubi-Ka Website~

Thumbs up

Perhaps you could ask those innovative bod's at RuR to research an alternative power source for the enhancement process, somthing "green" a renewable resource, like Leet s**t ;D

Post Comments from Director Moscardelli

How sweet, from her own mouth too. If notum is infinite as you've previously claimed it cant be used up. Now, you come forward with what we all have known to be true for so long. Notum can be used up, and you're part of using it up. That confession just made my day.
    You obviously assume a lot. What I meant was that they use excessive amounts of notum. Up to now your only candidate, thus the “evil” one is Omni-Mining. But as I continuously joke with my companions every Sunday is that it is not just us who uses lots of notum, but others such as the Arks. You also obviously were not at my speech during the science conference in November. Such use age is quickly regenerated, by the vast adaptability of the Notum resource which is the reason you do not feel the fluctuations after the ARKs are finished. If we truly saw this as a threat, and proof of Notum limitation, we would not be letting the ARKs so easily do what they do.

Re: Comments from Director Moscardelli

Originally posted by Swiftmind

You also obviously were not at my speech during the science conference in November.
    Unfortunatly I was off world investigating alternative methods of terraforming. Do you have a transcript of this meeting?
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

Originally posted by lilnymph
    Aazamon, Since you claim to be against the wastage of the Notum Field, would you agree with me that the best way to ensure it is used properly would be to kill off all the nanomages, as they are responisible for 60% of its usage and depletion. Without their selfish over use, the rest of Rubi-Ka might have a chance to stabilise.

((Yes I am Joking ))

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph, I sense a business opportunity here.
    Surely we could come up with a reasonable offer to help out the ARKS with their trouble?
    10 million per head?
    100 million per week?
    You fill in the details. Make it reasonable.

Oh, of course I meant helping to reduce the ARK's work burden. We legitime businessmen don't do mass genocide, it's bad for business. Besides some of our best business associates and customers are nanomages.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Talking

The use of notum is not a great concern, given the readings suggesting that the notum flow is, as far as we can tell so far, virtually endless. The unstability is. Unstability in for example Higgs' fields have before proved to cause chain reactions on an unpresedented scale, ripping planets or even entire solar systems apart, and we see the similar results from many other kinds of power fields, whether they be electrical, magnetic, bionic, or notum. We simply have no chance of telling what kind of long term damages these fluctuations may cause.

Solutions have been many, but not many really thought through to be quite honest.

Killing off nanomages for one thing, to take up the idea of genocide, would create huge fluctuations in the Force... I mean the Notum fields, creating impacts we would have no chance of even telling the magnitude of. Even the immediate stop to notum mining may cause large scale destruction - the mining started step by step, tower by tower, not by putting them up all at once, and turning them on all at once - if you stop a moving vehicle at full speed down to an absolute halt, the vehicle might be intact - but whatever is inside won't. Again, taking extreme measures is something the NLF has a reputation of, and as usual, with little to no grounds in scientific approach, nor even sensible approach.

The NLF was a large scale terrorist organization, whose actions have time and time again proved them to be a danger to every single inhabitant on this planet, regardless of faction. They are idealistic and extreme, and lack scientific grounds on which to base their outbursts of "righteous rage" - Since Queen Fleshreaper left Aazamon in charge though, the NLF has been slightly less obvious in their methods. The goals are the same though...

I agree though, I must admit, with Aazamon that the fluctuations in the notum fields are a potential danger, and should somehow be decreased in intensity and regularity, but I do not share Aazamon's thirst for war as a way to solve problems. I'm quite sure the ARK's only wish the inhabitants of Rubi-Ka the best, since they live on our existance... I'm quite sure the ARKs will go to the negotiation table along with some representatives from JAME, who will deliver the research results on the subject, to solve this problem...

~Zionai

OOC: This has to be one of the funniest threads I ever read - both thumbs up Aazamon X-D

Kicks the cabin door open and leans in

I just want you to know... we're all counting on you. Good luck.

leans out and closes the cabin door
    Retired ARK Xnemth

Say the word.

*Puts down his cup of tea and looks up from the papers he was reading*

I'll make this brief.

I support The Prime Minister Aazamon 100% on this. The fluxes ih the field may cause a danger to our people. This is something we can not ignore.

My Spec Ops department is on full standby and awaiting instructions. If the chief says go....Enhanced or not...we will deal with the ARKs.

That is all.

Fletcher "Titanmage" Dart, General, Director of Special Operations.
    Fletcher "TitanMage" Dart

Nanomage LIbration Front.
    General, Special Operations

Terrorist? . . .You haven't seen terror yet.

Originally posted by Kaghelion

Lilnymph, I sense a business opportunity here.
    Surely we could come up with a reasonable offer to help out the ARKS with their trouble?
    10 million per head?
    100 million per week?
    You fill in the details. Make it reasonable.

Oh, of course I meant helping to reduce the ARK's work burden. We legitime businessmen don't do mass genocide, it's bad for business. Besides some of our best business associates and customers are nanomages.
    While I don't see the ARK's hiring us because they like to take care of things on their own. Perhaps we could start selling more equipment to the NLF.
    Jasmine Ziakara but everybody calls me Jasziak
    Unit Member of The Mockers
    Perks - Armor

Want to be a Mocker? Ask me.
    Want to RP? Let me know.

Ok so I have to say that I myself,(not speaking for my guild or CoT...), Will stand with and for ARK...

There has been many times where I have had to call in support and ARK has been more then willing to help me out..

I think they use no more then your run of the mill nanomage.. So if you have a problem with them you have a problem with me...
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Zionai
    The NLF was a large scale terrorist organization, whose actions have time and time again proved them to be a danger to every single inhabitant on this planet, regardless of faction.

How can an organization that wants only the survival of a race be considered a danger? Only those who support genocide would try to make such a claim.

Yes, the NLF will certainly defend our lives against this slow, silent attack. Not to do so would be unnatural. When a Leet is attacked by a deranged Rollerrat, do we call Leets "a danger" if they try to defend themselves?

/me can't quite remember a time when she actually SAW a deranged rollerrat attack a leet, but she's sure it has happened.

ARK, on the other hand, is more insidious than a rollerrat. At least a rollerrat shrieks to announce its attack. ARK will greet newcomers with a serpentine smile, "helping" them form ideas about Rubi-Ka and the Lands of Shadow. And what of these newcomers? Who will tell them right from wrong?

Try this experiment: Talk to an ARK representative. Ask them how you build towers. Will they tell you of notum depletion? Will they tell you of the destruction of the Nanomage race? No. They'll tell you exactly where and how to build mining towers. Ask them about building mines in the Lands of Shadow, and they'll tell you that mines in those as-yet-unspoiled areas are "coming soon", as if we needed any more ominous hints as to their secretive master plan....

So beware any "advice" given to you by ARK. Furthermore, anyone who implicitly trusts anyone who tells them how to use a bio-communitor or how to build implants is nobody I trust to make decisions about the longevity of my race.

Till All Are Free!!

General Vytocyt
    Nanomage Liberation Front

*ponders this for a moment... and a sly knowing smile slowly spreads across her face*

Ya know...

...the only really noticible effect *I* have ever seen of a notum fluctuation on a nanomage male... is the notum-infused blood drains very swiftly from the nanomage male's brain and is sent to a lower extremity... certainly nothing which one would think of as being a 'bad thing' at all.
    TRAVEL TO RUBI-KA
    A website providing maps of Rubi-Ka,
    playfields, Whom-Pah & Grid maps,
    in-game maps, and more.

http://travel.to/rubi-ka

Discover Leety Goodness at:
    http://how.to/leet

Originally posted by Nepentheia
    *ponders this for a moment... and a sly knowing smile slowly spreads across her face*

Ya know...

...the only really noticible effect *I* have ever seen of a notum fluctuation on a nanomage male... is the notum-infused blood drains very swiftly from the nanomage male's brain and is sent to a lower extremity... certainly nothing which one would think of as being a 'bad thing' at all.
    *blushes*
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

ARK's response here is so virulent and spiteful that I am almost speachless. Almost. As organizations on ALL sides, Clan, Omni, and Neutral make thier grab for wealth on Rubi-Ka, shipping the notum off world we have powerful organizations like JAME and ARK wreaking havoc with the notum field, the field that Nanomages are atuned to and depend on. I know that many of these same people doing the damage are Nanomages themselves. This does not clear them or the actions one bit, for was it not humans ourselves that plunged earth into a nuclear holocost nearly causing the extinction of our genus? Sure it was the Omega who did it, but they are the same genus as we are.

As we weaken the notum field by exporting the resources we continue to act wreaklessly an punch holes in it and stress it to great extents. And now we have more evidence of the harm it can do. Desert Winds Report

There are many types of war, the NLF often wages a war of words and a war of ideas. I hope that ARK realises that we won't back down from the defence of our species, backed into a corner we will not go down without a fight, we will make your acts of Genocide reap pain for all those guilty.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Originally posted by Xnemth
    Kicks the cabin door open and leans in
    (White-Nya) You know, those Cabin doors cost money...will cost us to get that fixed ya know :P

(Black-Nya) The Notum is the life blood of the nano peoples, it shall be protected from any and all excessive users no matter the cost. *Chuckles at Meesoon* We also have you teddy bears ready and loaded *dark grin*

(White-Nya) *Dizzy* It would seem as the earlier published results from ARK does seem to have been doctored to some degree as it does not feature any of the figures for exported Notum, or those used to power machinary and the equipment of Rubi-ka. The fact that nanomages use 60% of the notum in you figures is like saying that a fish uses 60% of water. It's irrelavant and has nothing to do with the draining of Notum right across Rubi-ka on a Sunday. Surely a solution to this can be found which is good for all?

(Black-Nya) The triviality of everything is just that...trivial. Death is all which matters and each and every death shall be meet and returned ten fold mwhahah. *Loads a clip into his 3927*.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

((heh heya Nyadach, this is all your fault by the way, you gave me the idea about being worried about this a few months ago. ))
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Re: ARK misuse of Notum resources!

Originally posted by Aazamon
    I am concerned that every sunday the neutral organization Advisors of Rubi-Ka are using excessive amounts of notum for personal gain and power. "Nano Enhancing" members to extreme levels goes far beyond what Rubi-Ka can handle in the natural notum balance!

They are draining the notum levels to such an imense degree that it causes fluctuations in the notum field. This is more severe than even notum mines run by organizations. The Nanomage Liberation Front is not against using notum on Rubi-Ka within safe limits, this goes far beyond.

Should the Advisors of Rubi-Ka not cease and desist this greedy power grab of our notum resources the NLF will have no choice but to declare war! We the Nanomage people depend on the notum field's stabillity for survival, it is not by choice we say this it is for survival! Be warned Advisors of Rubi-Ka we're watching you!
    The Advisors of Rubi-Ka or ARK, do not use their Notum Enhancement or Neo-technology for personal gain. Infact they are strictly forbidden to use it for their personal gain. In the case that they do so they are immediately stripped of all their powers and removed from public service. You should know that with great power, also comes great responsibility(heh, spiderman move). ARK does not take that lightly.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast