Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pricing for Tradeskills V2.0

i rolled an engy while back for tradeskills and recently lvled him to the 1k spot in most skills, this was just for the purpose of being able to do my own, and help friends with stuff such as making 200 armors imps nanos etc... well mostly what i wanted was the ability to make bronto mantis and that sort of thing, so that was pppe soft. then i didnt want to have to spend a lot of time on an alt so i could hit the 1k point so that was a hit to my pocket.. crackerjack sleeve, spirit devices etc all and all i had to aquire about 120m in cash worth of items and hours and hours of camping for many. my main is an enf and i wouldnt dream of charging to tank a mob, the things that make me where i can tank are the things that make me able to play my char. however you dont need spirit programs mrr's and so on to play an engi that is money people put forward at rediculus prices that one must buy, or as said here camp and try and od agent, soldier etc.. wich even a pretty high lvl engi cannot do.

anyway great thread and while i do most my tradeskills for free, i made an engi to help friends and lowbies mainly so dont really expect much for making 1k skills items, a price guide is nice to see cause those bracers do take a lot of time to make and so do many other items as well as time to camp/farm cash to buy items.

PS. i would charge by how many items and proccesses involved more than skill :P

Thanks for the nice responses.

While 1800 in ME/WS sounds higher it isnt for some anymore. Once you can get your 3 spirits in place and cast your ME/WS 'masteries' for another 120 your pretty solidly along the way. The Bacum (if people use that still heh) requires a decent amount of WS anyways and if your inclined....

10M a pop for 1800 ME/WS sounds decent enough that people shouldnt scream - you'll find those who still will no matter what the price - but for those who know how hard it is they will feel like they got a good deal so everyone is happy.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

What's the reasoning behind paying a higher level engie more than you would pay a lower level one to make the item?
    A lower level would probably have to go through more trouble to meet the requirements for helping his customer.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

About time i chipped in my opinion..

Personaly I never charge org mates, duh, fellow engies, need all the help we can get, or our trader cousins, they more pooped than us.. People spend hours/days/weeks camping crap or spend hunderds of millions of creds or weeks/months raiding for points, yet they cant tip a few creds for me for putting the things together?

Trust.. There is bloody HUGE trust involved with engies, and with most people in this games nowdays not giving a flying f*ck about reputations its even more important for us to keep good rep. If i didnt care about my reputation I could be hideously rich, complete strangers hand me over bags with millions even billions of creds worth of items for me to make, i could take this and keep them and FC wouldnt do a thing. If people cant tip me for for this trust and major reflex control their seriously insulting me.

I think this list is a great idea, admitidly i dont charge i just ask for tips but thats more cos im too much of a soft touch to force creds of people. I never charge for buffs and never tip for them except for wrangles, thats just cos i feel strangely guilty for draining their skills for 3minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Him
    IF you want to be a tradeskiller...do stuff for free and accept only tips...dont charge.
    Go beat some rocks...

Quote Originally Posted by Frenetic
    Maybe if you turn the agression against the people selling the TS items and not wanting to tip into actually aquiring the items you may not feel so "used" when someone absent mindedly forgets to tip.

Just remember in the end that this is a game and people play to have fun, so go have fun.

As always these are my opinions alone and not the opinions of others.
    Right.. Engies not your main im guessing.. If all the people that i made stuff for had tipped even the smallest amount i wouldnt be FORCED to CAMP all of my tradeskill items, and could use the acumalated weeks ive spent beating on grey SL mobs to have the "fun" of which you speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Djurmamman
    What's the reasoning behind paying a higher level engie more than you would pay a lower level one to make the item?
    A lower level would probably have to go through more trouble to meet the requirements for helping his customer.
    We engies have a habit of becoming jaded and mildly twisted as we hit our higher levels, and need compensation for the psychosis medication our org docs pump into us to keep us stable(ish).

My engie is my main, i rolled him nigh on 2years ago as my first ever toon, he's my main, always has been always will be. I play him for fun, to have as in the real world you need (or at least it helps) cash, when i first started i thought i'd get a great beast of a robot to fight with, make lots of cool stuff, be self suficient and be financialy stable even wealthy. So far i'm more or less 2/4 on my goal, i'm far from self suficient begging for raids to get engies loots, TheOne and OE arnt "that" tough just getting people there is a task and a half and it took a public bot raid to get me my frozen brain from HI. I've given up on the being rich bit, but i want to be able to play happlie and not scrounge for creds to suvive. Being a engie is my JOB ingame, so why the f*ck wont most people pay me?

[edit: sorry if this post went a tad ranting and offtopic, the whole tipping subject gets to me]
    Last edited by Pathom; Nov 29th, 2004 at 23:25:03.
    RK2 - PATHOM - MY GEAR - MY DREAM
    RK2 - ANCHOVYPASTE - KRESKI - POTLESS - TRUEFLAME

"Escritores: Most Americans think Denmark is the capital of Ikea..."
    "Chipbutty: Lend me your brain Doomaxe, im building an idiot"

Quote Originally Posted by Djurmamman
    Speed, Accesibility, and calling on a higher level.

Yes, its easier for me to do stuff now, but I can do a lot more of it as well. If you don't want to pay a higher level engies prices, call on a lower level engineer.

If you want to call on a supreme creator, expect to pay supreme creator prices.

Ohh yeah forgot to add those wonderfull few to lazy/boneidle/anoying to actualy find out whats needed to make things and give you a bunch of parts some wrong qls, not enough of others, others not remotely related to the item. You spend the next 10/20/30+ minutes faffing about with them finaly making the item then the zoom off without barely a kthxby..

Quote Originally Posted by Pathom
    Go beat some rocks...

/me beats some rocks, because i dont charge, just take tips

I really dont want to be a rich, greedy and arrogant engineer that a new player cant afford, its cheerity. deal with that!
    Last edited by Adelsten; Nov 30th, 2004 at 12:43:54.
    Main:
    Geekwave lvl (220/22) Supreme Creator Equipment | Geekalina lvl (220/14) Supreme Creator Equipment | Geeka lvl (74/2) Engineer
    Member of Ragnarok

- Creator of everything just /tell Geekwave
    Been doing cutting-edge tradeskills for over 4 years and arguably one of Rubi-Ka 1's finest and fastest Tradeskillers.
    Tradeskills: 2764 Mech Engi, 2602 QFT, 2426 Pharma Tech, 2466 Chemistry, 2578 Elec Engi, 2684 Weapon Smith, 2700 Nano Prog, 2160 Psychology

RIP Mafia1337. You were to young to be knockin' on heavens door.

Hell i never charge newblings i remember what it was like to be a pennyless newcomer, i dont even charge billionare highbies just take tips. I just dont like pointless posts like Him's.

I do low lvl stuff free/tips but if im supposed to build something which costs 50M or more on market, I wont do for free.
    Arcticshade The Assassin
    Arcticbunny I can build everything
    Arcticblast The Soldier
    Arcticwhite The MA Doc

As a neutral engineer I dont charge from neutral fellowmans for treadeskilling items for em, but if they go sell em, I will ask for some "donation for neutral engineers pension funds".

I do charge from Clan and Omni. I do th chargins on the by the skills needed to do it also if its needs Special tools. I have had to buy some of the TS items. Prices aint sweet to look though. I am pretty sure that I have spend more moeny on items than I got tips so far.

For lowbyes I do for free, if they really are noobs and come to me proudly carrying Mosquito Armor and Chimiera Shotgun, etc. I do the TS free no mater the side.
    If they wear pere and full mantis I do charge em as from 200 lvl ones.
    For some easy jobs for trader and MP I do also for free, well becouse well if you are engy you know why.

Here is some actual tips I got:
    Best tips so far for me is 15 million from making some houses for one omni org. From 4 gem saba I get 10mil. Next bests are are Tier3 tips for 2-5million. 200QL pere I do get for 2-3millions.

I like engy so much that I lvled him to 203 before making alt. I enjoy making trade skilling, but I still get some nightmares like this:

Noob: "pls mr engy can you make me a carb, pls plz pls, pls pl5!!!" ....5 secs...
    Noob: "PLS PLS PLSPZZLPLS!" ...3sec...
    Noob: "PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSE!"....... ..
    I reply: " yes, can you wait a sec. I have 4 other peoples in line here.".....10 secs...
    Noob: "Can you do it?"....secs 5....
    Noob: "I have 3 other friends who also could want carb also".... 5 secs....
    Noob: "Are you there anymore?"........
    I reply: "yes I am, just wait a moment, only 3 ahead of you now"
    Noob: "Ok, I wait here"..... 10secs.....
    Noob: "I heard that engy can make implants to everyone, can you do implants for me, pls?".... 10secs...
    Noob: "I have some implants here, can you make me good?".... 5 secs...
    I reply: "You can just check www.auno.org and look from implants decinger and get me the clusters and implants and I make em. Only 2 ahead anymore..."
    Noob: "ok, I look..." .....30secs...
    Noob: "That is hard, can you make me the implants plz?!.....
    I reply: "I am sorry I dont know what NT needs in implants. Go buy em from that shop there next us, in IMPLANTS section"
    Noob: "Ok, I go there later."...10sec...
    I reply: "Ok, I am ready now"
    Noob: "ready for what?"
    I reply "To make you a carb"
    Noob: "aaah ok =)".....30secs
    I reply: "hmm.. do you have the plates?"
    Noob: "What plates?"
    *This is where I usually wake up!*
    Last edited by Howky; Dec 3rd, 2004 at 09:35:26.
    Marquis "Howky" Herada,
    First Enlightened Neutral Supreme Creator in RK1 &
    Proud Member of Elite Operations, also visit our Homepage .

Socializer 60%, Killer 53%, Achiever 46% & Explorer 40%

lol!

that sounds like your typical 10 minute stay at borealis
    Freshman Lord "Guojia" Buffbegsalot
    220 Neutral Solitus Engineer "Supreme Creator"
    First Neutral Engineer to reach Enlightenment Of Anarchy Online

-= Just Visiting =-

I dont go to Borealis anymore, not since i picked up a shade stalker and his shade friends.. Now every other day i get spammed tells asking if im in Borealis and can i upgrade their tangos.

Want to update this to something 'recent'.

If you see any numbers that are a bit out of balance or heck way out of balance please let me know. Also throw in some of the new AI built stuff and pricing for that.

(Like the 1800 WS and Chem/Pharm etc)

Thanks goes out to all those hard working engi's who strive daily to level to be able to build friends the armor they dream about but can't find anyone to make because other engi's went nano champion.

Its a hard choice to do tradeskills vs bio cocoon or nano champion vs (that other AI perk that adds chem/pharm that I just can't remember right now..hehehe).

I salute the rest of ya who think tradeskills are just about 1 click!

/flip

Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Implant disassembly units:

30-180k: min charge 3k x level of builder
    180-200: min charge 500k

Perhaps we should scale min charge back to 2.5k x level, to avoid the discontinuity in pricing suggestions? Level 200 suggested min charge is 100k more for a low level piece but 500k for a high level? I would think that should be reversed.

1500-1800 WS 15m if only skill used, 20m if similar amount of ME is required?

Haven't bothered with chem/pharmatech for a while, so I think those would probably be worth more than ME/WS in the same skill req range, considering that standard engi perks don't raise those, less items buff them, and only one of the two skills do engi's get the +125 tradeskill buff for. Perhaps 25-30m?

Bracelet prices could probably use a downward revision given the increase in number of high level engineers out there. Perhaps...

Arul Saba Bracelets :
    1 Gem Bracer : 500K
    2 Gem Bracer : 1M
    3 Gem Bracer : 3M
    4 Gem Bracer : 8M Each Side
    5 Gem Bracer : 20M Each Side (yes, i know, this has not been revised, lots of engi's out there in the level 200-210 range now, level 215+ not so much, trying to reflect this new fact of life into my suggestion )

Stepho556
    Level 213 Engineer RK1

The prices of bracers in the market haven't changed much, so i see no reason no lessen our %-age of it, but you're free to use which prices you like.

/Y
    "No, the NT is a Magetank, the same ability to take a beating as any mage-class with the same taunt and damage output as a tank ..."

Yamaeda - Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Pathom
    I dont go to Borealis anymore, not since i picked up a shade stalker and his shade friends.. Now every other day i get spammed tells asking if im in Borealis and can i upgrade their tangos.
    hey pathom, there would be an easy solution.
    you could just gimme that mrr
    I still havent replaced mine....
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

Quote Originally Posted by Tikkles
    First off, Videlle here, I know most of the vets will rmemeber me, I played my engi for about 16 months and was very active here in the engi forum. Now ive deleted her and i have a 190 agent that I love. I ask an engi that ran by for a tradeskill quickie, one click.

Im told 5mil or no deal, im also told that people offer 15 mil tips for the process.

Ok, I understand that Engis had a tough time in the last 2 years, but xping is alot easier now, engis have it alot better now, its all around very much easier.

Next time i get asked to help camp a mob for an engi, or do some dmg on a unique, should i ask for 5 mil because i leveled and worked so i could do the damage that i do? I still need to pay ridiculous amounts for a gun that will do good damage, similar to your expensive tradeskill items, just search Joy of the Race, but no, instea,d i camp mobs for loot to sell or i sell ingots, but i dont charge people immense amounts of money simply to do wehat my levels provided.

Now you can say that it took perks or what not, same deal here epople, every profession. enforcers take bio shield so they can tank, giving up other lines maybe, like 2he lines or what not. Everyone makes a choice with the perks, that doesnt mean you should be taking advantage of it.

Put simply, 5 mil for anything that requires no twinking is WAY too much.

Simple answer, OK every engi out there if you got your reset point's still...use em, and put that ip into stat's that will help you lvl and do dmg. Like oh i dunno, say evades. Don't sit here and say oh i do dmg blah, blah, blah. You miss the point, the trade skill is not a line an engi Has to do. There are plenty of lines i've neglected just to have good tradeskills, evades, grenade, multiranged, Bio meta, so please if you played your engi up to 190 and did a tradeskill engi the whole way. Then you understand this, instead of makeing these kinda blind comments.

I AM! In the process of adding the new stuff (more AI detailed items etc) to the list and modifying the list a hair to reflect the current conditions. There are TONS of new people in the game that need guidance on tradeskills and where to get the items and so on (not tipping or etc stuff).

Should macro a line about "If your looking to make something here are a few websites to look at that will tell you what you need and the requirements to make it (insert a few sites here)".

You all have a great day. I'll be doing this up between AI raids or something.

Pay up ... dammit

PPPE = 60 mill ..
    That is why u gonna pay me as writen on this page ..
    and ppl dont complain , well only 5% do .. but the 95% other pay happely .
    and we spend alot of time .. making your weapon .
    if i stand i a major city . i do nothing but tradeskilling .
    Soo ,yes u gonna pay us ..

Cuz we cant really solo **** , so this is our living ... http://forums.anarchy-online.com/new...ply&p=2151035#
    Big Grin

vomitusdk 208 engi RK2
    OmG "its the migthy vomit" RK2 omni
    .-= Ive Got Your Back=-.
    220 engi /215 doc / 180 enf soli / 141 shade / 168 mp / 126 doc / 125 agent / 59 fixer / 187 fixer /130 sol / 155 ma / 90 NT/ 188crat /156 trader /150 keeper/ 150 enf trox /+some more i forgot

http://www.bash.org/?top

Last edited by pirlouit; Apr 18th, 2005 at 08:04:00.
    Rimor Clan Engi - Setup
    QFT:2k+ | EE:2,2k+ | ME:2,2k+ | Chem:2,1k+ | WS:2,1k+ | NP:2,1k+ | PT :1,8k+ | PSYCHO:1250+ | B&E 900+
    Arul Saba 5 gems builder # AI Armor ql300 (biomat too)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast