Thread: The Expansion Pack

Thumbs up The Expansion Pack

I think this is a good thing. I don`t quite understand why everyone is complaining all the time? I have played AO for some time now, I love the game even with it`s flaws and fault. For the game it self, is an extremely playable and enjoyable game. And when Funcom is going to release lots of lots of new cool stuff, all people do is complaining. I will gladly pay for this expansion-pack, to show my support and passion for this game. If we don`t pay, we won`t get anymore AO now will we? Now extra income will also increase the amount of stuff we see on Rubi-ka. More income will make the developers realize that people love AO, and they will make more stuff for AO. It`s how the world of gaming works. You have a winning concept, and the last a developer wants, is to loose it`s affection. But to affort to continue, they got to sell, because making games is NOT free. But by showing our support by buying this exp.pack, they will see that they can affort to continue, and with increased income, they could maybe fix some of their servers...(?)

Besides I seriously doubts FC will charge the Expansion pack very much. It IS an expansion pack, built on the original game, and expansionpacks is always cheap.
    Well, I can`t wait for this expansion-pack to be released....Profession specialization sounds pretty NEAT to me...
    And that new town....and the new weapons...and the Shadow Realm...oh man...I can`t wait.

which expansion pack do you mean ?? did i miss something ?

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=22060

Try there, looks like it will be damn good if you ask me
    SdKfz182
    Omni Enforcer lvl 43/3
    Formerly Vhaal and Ghilson
    "If you want peace, prepare for war"

but if things go the way i think they will, the expansion pack will be an entirely new server, which means starting over from lvl 1 again.

i didn't raise 2 chars to lvl 100+ just to start over with Anarchy Online 1 1/2
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

but if things go the way i think they will, the expansion pack will be an entirely new server, which means starting over from lvl 1 again.

i didn't raise 2 chars to lvl 100+ just to start over with Anarchy Online 1 1/2
    what part of the word Expansion Pack did not trigger ?
    the Expansion pack will be an Expansion, not a new server.
    there will be aditional places to visit along with new items, nano formulas and level/IP systems.

Only time you have to re-roll is if you choose to play on the new german server that will be started .. but that is not a part of the Expansion Pack.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

IIRC, every other mmorpg (eq in particular) brought out a new server for the expansion packs.

how the hell are they gonna implement "sub-professions" when people are already lvl 200? there are a lot of things that would be EXTREMELY difficult to implement into an existing game.
    Muffinhunter
    Jadedmuffin
    Acknonano

Lightbulb it is easy

Originally posted by dirtysanchez
    IIRC, every other mmorpg (eq in particular) brought out a new server for the expansion packs.

how the hell are they gonna implement "sub-professions" when people are already lvl 200? there are a lot of things that would be EXTREMELY difficult to implement into an existing game.
    With the ipr a lvl 200 can redo ips to put them into the new skill trees.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Re: it is easy

Originally posted by xenomorph

With the ipr a lvl 200 can redo ips to put them into the new skill trees.

this is true....however, will they give us the 90 IPR points again so we can redo it?

i would assume so....
    Muffinhunter
    Jadedmuffin
    Acknonano

Originally posted by dirtysanchez

WTF are you talking about?! EQ didn't bring out a new server for the expansion packs. They brought out new servers for new game types (i.e. Race-wars and such), but not the expansion packs. You could go out, buy SoL, log in to your old server and pick one of your old characters and walk/fly/teleport them over to the new lands. There was no new "Expansion pack only" server. I think someone is a bit confuzzled.

-Mltdwn

not confuzled, just given misinformation.

oh well, i give in.
    Muffinhunter
    Jadedmuffin
    Acknonano