Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Expansion Pack-Official Word

ok, release the expansion pack, but with less bugs than the main release has.

introduce more Nano progz for all classes.

Raise the Pet lines for all pet classes, give pets new textures.

Change textures and grafics for armor

change the textures for all mission types , like camelot or whatever.

make some good static spawn camps for people that like this playstyle.

then i maybe buy it.

Talking

w00t! Expansion baby! Ok, if you don't want an expansion right now, you haven't been playing enough ok, the game is huge, and all that, but gettign an expansion pack to add more zones and PERKS (!!) and profession tweaks! It also implies that they will change the game engine as they were to add more visual effects (I'm hoping eye candy for nanos

I love the fact that they'll add to the game.. I'd hate for ao to get damn boring and just move on.. why are people so upset about a little money anyways? seriously, we get much enjoyment out of our $.

Keep it real funcom!
    Roland "Fingathing" Bunke 208 NT - on vacation
    Peter "Finga1337" Parker 214.16 Adv - My Equip

Rubi-ka 2

Originally posted by Greebus

Be real. Funcom needs to make money too. They are constantly working on this game, and constantly working on improvments.

Anyone who thinks otherwise probably has never worked in the computer business.

All of the programming, maintenance, bandwidth, and public relations takes a huge amount of time and money. This isn't a hobby for them, it is a full time job, and they deserve to be paid. They need to eat to, so I want some real answers as to why anyone thinks this should be free.

yeah?

well thats why we pay 13 bucks a month too u freakin fan boy

nice

the expansion pack is great! *period*

What's a bit weird is that there are still MANY bugs and some things are completely unbalanced. And yet they are going to release an expansion pack ?

The only thing that you can complain about is that the we paid for a game that is still in "Beta" testing phase...

I'm looking forward to the expansion pack..some new interesting stuff!!

Originally posted by Demiex
    This is interesting, u guys are acting like u have to shell out a hundred dollars for it. It AT MOST will be 50 bucks, more than likely only 30 for an expansion that will probably take up a good amount of megs, personally i won't mind having to spend a little chump change so i don't sit here patching for days, while all you cable modems zoom through and start playin. Anybody have the strategy guide from Sybex?? If you look at the maps u'll see a good half of the playfields aren't even active! I personally think the world is huge enough but this expansion might mean most of those being active. Its only 30 bucks! not the end of the world. Thats like what, three lawns for most of you? It'll probably have some pretty good stuff with it too to make it worth it. At least look at EQ, where they put out an expansion for every new zone they create, add a race, then they sit for a year and reap the benefits. Unlike that, Anarchy changes constantly. Sure, promiseing stuff that isn't in the game isn't the most moral thing to do, but its a business tring to appeal to people to develope a player base. Personally, i know i'll be running to the store to buy any expansion that they bust out.

HEHEHEHEHE. one and a half hours....

Or i could just wait till it hits the bargain rack at EB and pay like 9.99(american) for it like i did the primary AO.

It all comes own to one simple idea. If ya don't want to buy it, then don't.

I like the game.

I believe that Funcom currently give me my moneys worth.

I play for 70 hours a month approx. At £10 a month that is
    14 pence an hour. That is nothing, nada, zilch.

I pay more to goto the cinema. I pay more to watch Sky. I pay more to sit bored out of my mind in a traffic jam.

I will happily pay for an expansion pack as long as they keep the normal patches coming through.

I see nothing wrong with Funcom making a profit, if they continue to work on the game and improve both in small chunks by patches and in large Expansion packs that is fine by me. I want a large evolving game world I am quite willing to pay for this.

Just a thought. If AO manages to keep me in the house for one friday a month then it will save me anywhere between £30 - £50 in alchol. Not to mention taxi fares of about £20.

I say roll on the expansion packs.
    Active Characters consist of.

Wingto proud to be a member of The Dojo
    Doktaw stunned to be a member of Friends of The Dojo

Inactive Chars consist of

Severena happy to be a member of Friends of The Dojo
    Shackira a proud member of The Sentinals =TDF=
    All on Rimor

Talking heh

if you like the game world of AO, then you'll be happy to pay in order to sustain it and have it grow.

Opening a new metaphysical realm is not so bad per se, more people will see there is more in spiritual then material thingies!

Otherwise, i'm only posting in order for everyone to see how pretty i am

Talking I have an idea

For all you broke players complaining that you won't (can't afford) buy the exp, quit AO in aug then come back in dec, in the amount of time you will have saved $52 which will be more than enough to pay to reopen your acct and buy the exp.

The game has been out for almost a year, the exp isn't coming out until dec, which means by the time it comes out the game will have been out for a year and a half. Do you think that is to early for a exp? Hell how many of you played D2? If I'm not mistaken didn't D2 exp come out in less than a year after release? We have another 7 months before it comes out what is your problem, do you think in 7 months that you wouldn't want something new added to the game.I have been playing this game for 9 months myself and would like to see something new added now! And your acting like 7 months from now is to early.

Sh1t if you don't think they are adding enough to the exp start a thread and title it what we would like in the exp, hell to save you the time I will start one. just reply to it.

My god you all sound like a bunch of NT's in heat!
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Re: I have an idea

Originally posted by xenomorph
    My god you all sound like a bunch of NT's in heat!

lmao...good analogy.

Talking here ya go

I made a simple thread so everyone can start posting what they would like to see in the exp

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=22396
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Just one question ...

If you didn't know it FunCom is also working on another project :

http://www.worldofmidgard.com

How are they going to have enough time to fix AO, obviously blast out some type of expansion in a little over six months AND develop this new game? Don't even try to tell me they have THAT many people working at FunCom to do all of this ... :

Originally posted by Cosmik

Er, no. A few months ago we said there were no plans to create an expansion at that time. Plans do change and now we do have plans to make an expansion pack. We never ruled it out completely.
    Cmon FC do you REALLY expect us to believe you can get an expansion done right in such a short amount of time when you still can't get AO right as it is??? Also how is this expansion playing into our four year time line? (1129 days left) I personally think an expansion IS a good idea, but why so secretive about it??? Don't WE THE PLAYERS deserve to hear about it first not some software magazine??? This was done VERY VERY poorly in my eyes as we the players are probably your best source of advertising and promotion ... but ahhh I just work in that field ...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Ownz Anxicor Botos [benched]
    Malcom Aaleji Thompon [benched]
    Reynaldo Splinnter Fukuda [benched]
    Quinn Falsify Varela [active]
    ----------------------------------------------

Hiya folks.

Actually Aaleji, Funcom stated back around October or so that they had pulled all resources for Midgard, and that project was on hold. They did this they said, so they could focus more on AO. So currently, as far as I know, they are not developing Midgard.

Catch ya planetside.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1
    In Search of a Friendly Helpful Guild

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

Re: AHHHHH

Originally posted by Zyrc
    I am gonna buy 35 copies of the expansion...just to piss off all the freakin whiners on this and other boards!

Either A:Shut up and enjoy the game
    B: QUIT!!!!!!

BUMP!

An expansion?! For the love of God, what an outrage! Who do those bastards at Funcom think they are making an expansion without telling me. Lying liars they are. I don't want anything new in the game, dammit. To hell with new areas to explore, new items to find, and new skills to use. Pfooey! I just want the game to stay exactly the same so I have something to complain about every day. Screw dreaming about new worlds - my fixer is gimped! Man this game sucks. I should know, too, because I play it 100 hours a week and I know how lame it really is. Yeah, so take it from me, it sucks! Funcom sucks! More content? How dare they?! And then to have the nerve to stick a gun to my head and force me to actually buy the damn thing—those dirtbags! They gotta fix all the bugs first. They gotta balance all the races and the professions. Fix my fixer you lamers! I want PERFECTION! Hah, you're not going to force me to buy this expansion, no friggin way. It's just a patch. You think I'm going to pay for a patch? You're crazy! I'll just leave and you'll never here from me again losers. I can do it, too, even if I am a hopelessly anal moron.

I have to say, I am looking forward to this expansion. Perks, specializations, a new city? They all sound fun to me, and I want to try them.

As someone who recently came to this game from a competitor, I have to say that it is really fun, and special. I played a lot of Asheron's Call, especially after the expansion came out for it (I had to have a house...). The transitions weren't always smooth for expansion players and non-expansion owners, but some planning usually helped in that respect. Of course people were jealous because they couldn't get new lands or buy houses, but if they really wanted them, they bought the expansion. There was still plenty of gameplay without them. I doubt Funcom is going to do any different in that regard.

A game like this survives by being visible. It is not an accident that Everquest has so many players, for a game that isn't all that great (in my opinion, anyway). It is constantly putting new boxes on store shelves, where consumers see it when buying new things. From a marketing perspective, not having a new box on the shelves every so often is suicide, and Funcom has to be smart enough to understand that.

An expansion pack is for new content, not bug fixes. It doesn't sound like just a little bit of new content, either. Until we can live in a more perfect, less money hungry world, it isn't cheap to develop new content. Since Funcom is apparently committed to adding new content with their regular patches, as well as making this expansion, I see this as a good deal. Unless folks would like to see the expansion pack goodies just doled out to them over the next couple of years, as time allows.

Anyway, just a few thoughts....
    Coy "Corsh" Caris - Omnitek Engineer

The expansion pack was officially mentioned back in August 2001. They have jumped back and forward on things. But if you just would have checked out things (I assume you were actually interested in the development of AO if you check up on these 'news') you would have known they have planned it for quite some time.

Now, all I want to know is how they can can create an expansion pack without drawing resources away from the patches, without hiring more people.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Thumbs up

I'm looking forward to the expansion. I'd love to see the Martial Artists profession augmentations

Question Just one question

Will the expansion pack fix all the bugs still current in the game?

What gets me going about this is that the Expansion holds some of the playfields that are "to be implemented later"

More weapons and more nanos and more textures.

Hmmm So that means if someone wants to go to City of Jobe to hunt, and two of the team doesn't have the expansion.
    "Sorry then. See you!"

What about trading? Finding loot in missions. A person with the expansion draggin a Bot with new textures through ent. Will it be invisible to those that doesn't have the expansion? What about PvP then?

And what about patches? Fixes for items that are in the expansion. Will it be two different patches then?

Its gonna be a mess. I can't see how it will work out properly.

Maybe its just me. But I also feel ripped off by having to pay extra to go to Jobe. I remember when it was still uncertain whether or not Jobe was in the game. People exploring. Now we know where it is. All you need is a ticket. Shell out a few extra bucks. No problem.
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast