Thread: fc please nerf single missions for teams

fc please nerf single missions for teams

i have a couple of request fc,

1. nerf single missions for teams. single missions should be well single. i dont' have a problem with getting help to get say a nano or armor out of a single mission but a team shouldn't get great xp for them.

2. give one or 2 more classes beacon warp type nanos. i feel this will help people get out of missions and back to the world.
    and before people start saying theres no xp out there go look there is plenty of it. (i'm not gonna tell ya, i went looking so should you)

3. the crat insurance nanos would help greatly in these situations.

i really feel missions are ruining ao. i mean look at 20k used to be full of people hunting vb's, shades, bothackers, east camp, west camp other areas now you are lucky if you see one or two people shouting to do those things. it may be only my opinion but i feel this is just a sad situation

Exclamation

They already added team aggro to single missions if you go in with other people. Oddly enough, often pets count as a 'team'.

You'll find very few people to support you regardless. Not me for sure.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Mercatura
    They already added team aggro to single missions if you go in with other people. Oddly enough, often pets count as a 'team'.

You'll find very few people to support you regardless. Not me for sure.
    Actually I'm in full support of it.

Single missions should be solo only. Once they do that, they should then adjust the missions to compensate for poor combat professions. Then maybe support profession could actually be support professions. For instance, if you are a doc getting a solo mission, you will be able to find an NPC in the mission that will tank for you.

Lightbulb 1st of all

who in their right mind would do a single missions when you don't get money except loot, item loot, or token. where in a team mission you get mission reward, mob loot, and a token.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Re: 1st of all

Originally posted by xenomorph
    who in their right mind would do a single missions when you don't get money except loot, item loot, or token. where in a team mission you get mission reward, mob loot, and a token.

team missions blow! It's a neverending mass of rooms only to repeat in random but equally featureless levels again and again before you get to a boss that's either damn near unkillable or you go through the mission of lame yellow mobs so you can handle the gank err boss room.

Not sure that I see why a nerf of solo missions for a team is essential. As long as solo missions only give the holder tokens, most people grouping seem reluctant to take a solo mission anyway. Even if there is lower risk to groups doing a solo mission the reward seem consistent with the lower level of risk. Seems to me that there are enough badly broken things in AO that I could live with having this issue as a lower priority.

Loolie

What about two-person teams?

If solo missions are made single-person only, two-person teams will have greatly reduced mission options.

My wife and I love to play together. We could potentially do team missions, but there's no way we could fight anything but greys and still have a chance at a boss mob.

If we cranked it up to fight yellows/oranges, then we get no mission rewards or tokens because of the impossible boss room.

The more options available for different playstyles, THE BETTER! Nerfing ANYTHING other than exploits is a BAD THING!

Why is everyone so nerf-happy?!?!?!

get to lvl 150 then post this again.... you CANNOT find a decent spawn on RK that will lvl decently, and i agree that it is a sad situation when missions are the ONLY way to trully lvl in this game post lvl 120
    Ouzzelle: It's an O damnit! not a Q!... and it's pronounced Weasel to you omnis.....

Clanners call me Ozzy

Duffer1: SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!
    Riddance Jr.: Is it dead?

Re: fc please nerf single missions for teams

Originally posted by fumar
    i really feel missions are ruining ao. i mean look at 20k used to be full of people hunting vb's, shades, bothackers, east camp, west camp other areas now you are lucky if you see one or two people shouting to do those things. it may be only my opinion but i feel this is just a sad situation
    Oh I'm sorry I don't play the way you want me to play.

Instead of being happy that Funcom takes the initiative to try to make a game that allows for many play styles, you are going to whine because people don't play the way you want to! That truly amazes me.

I play on RK2, the supposedly empty server, and I'm constantly being asked to join others for either hunting or missions. If that isn't working for you, then perhaps you should look at YOUR playstyle and not worry about everyone else.

In my opinion, missions are about the best thing going for AO. No camping EQ style, a real 'dungeon crawl' as opposed to sitting on a spawn spot for hours on end. I can do them alone or with a group. If I don't like the mission, I delete it and go roll another one. The main drawback I have seen so far is groups tend to rush through them pretty fast. Little chance to just sit around a socialize.

I did your style of hunting for 3 years of EQ. To me it isn't fun, and I won't do it again. But, if that is what makes you happy, go for it. I won't stop you from doing what you enjoy, and I wouldn't even think of asking Funcom to remove that ability.

Thumbs down

Sorry, i don't agree
    Especially since Omnibot/Shopbot aren't available anymore
    ( anyone know what is happen ?
    the author just gave up ?
    problems because of traffic ? ),
    it's already hard enough to get high level items
    Nerf single missions for teams and the only way to get these items
    would be camping shopping channels for hours
    ( what is the worst way to spend time in game imo )
    Sure you can ask friends for help with missions,
    but doing this every time, you need an item, isn't fun too...

Single team missions are much easier xp than equivalent team missions. That is why no one does them. They suck. No really.

I don't know why I'm responding to this really. Blindly asking for a nerf for a perfectly working game mechanic is silly.

Let me guess, your having problems finding groups doing team missions or hunting. Your a crat and you don't feel usefull when people do single missions. You wish you could mez more. Your bot is not as good as an Engy bot. You feel like a Baton buffing machine.

There is nothing wrong with people teaming to do single missions. We do not have to live on your island.

This best thing to do is have a great attitude and try to have fun. If you group with friends alot the game will be fun for ya. They will always invite you to the group. You will have fun there.

If you don't make friends easily and can't stand teaming to do single missions you are in trouble 100+. I then suggest you make a soloing profession if you cannot make friends to get into groups or can't patiently wait for a team mission/hunting. So if none of these options are good and you can't/won't make a solo proff quit until AO makes some good dungeons.

Vaporlok

Re: Re: fc please nerf single missions for teams

Originally posted by Piece

Oh I'm sorry I don't play the way you want me to play.

Instead of being happy that Funcom takes the initiative to try to make a game that allows for many play styles, you are going to whine because people don't play the way you want to! That truly amazes me.

I play on RK2, the supposedly empty server, and I'm constantly being asked to join others for either hunting or missions. If that isn't working for you, then perhaps you should look at YOUR playstyle and not worry about everyone else.

In my opinion, missions are about the best thing going for AO. No camping EQ style, a real 'dungeon crawl' as opposed to sitting on a spawn spot for hours on end. I can do them alone or with a group. If I don't like the mission, I delete it and go roll another one. The main drawback I have seen so far is groups tend to rush through them pretty fast. Little chance to just sit around a socialize.

I did your style of hunting for 3 years of EQ. To me it isn't fun, and I won't do it again. But, if that is what makes you happy, go for it. I won't stop you from doing what you enjoy, and I wouldn't even think of asking Funcom to remove that ability.
    I think u missed thier point, back in the day before funcom moved/deleted all the great hunting spots lvl 1-100 everyone knew where to go when they wanted to hunt and lvl. It was great I soooo miss that, example what I mean and everyone should remeber this one, TEMPLE in tir, for lvls 30-50 this was the best spot to hunt. you could goto the op near temple and find a group within mins. Now you have to hang out in fair trade hopeing a team is forming or coming back from a mission and has a opening. And if you wanted to RP/socialize you could just hang out at the op and would have like 30 peps to talk to.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Re: 1st of all

Don't really like team missions at all. Most take way to long to do.
    Was in one, that by the time 47% of the mission was done, 4 hours had gone by. We all left at that point.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Originally posted by Crin

Actually I'm in full support of it.

Single missions should be solo only. Once they do that, they should then adjust the missions to compensate for poor combat professions. Then maybe support profession could actually be support professions. For instance, if you are a doc getting a solo mission, you will be able to find an NPC in the mission that will tank for you.
    Is that all you do? Ask for nerfs? Don't have anything better to do?
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Re: Re: Re: fc please nerf single missions for teams

I think u missed thier point, back in the day before funcom moved/deleted all the great hunting spots lvl 1-100 everyone knew where to go when they wanted to hunt and lvl.
    I honestly don't see how you got that from what he posted, unless you are going by another post of his somewhere. No where in his post does he ask for the old hunting spots back or anything of the sort.

What he is asking for is a mechanism of the game, that is working as intended from what I can tell, to be removed because he doesn't want to use it and doesn't want anyone else to be able to use it either. Like I said previously, I have no desire to camp spawn points, but if others want to that is fine. Just don't ask Funcom to remove something from the game which would then force me to camp spawn points.

For some reason, I get really irritated when I see PlayerA ask the developers to nerf PlayerB because PlayerA doesn't like the way PlayerB plays the game. Oh wait, maybe its because I have seen its effect in both UO and EQ. From what I've read it has already happened in AO, but I haven't been around long enough to see it first hand.

Re: fc please nerf single missions for teams

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fumar
    [B]i have a couple of request fc,

1. nerf single missions for teams. single missions should be well single. i dont' have a problem with getting help to get say a nano or armor out of a single mission but a team shouldn't get great xp for them.[/b[

If we do this, it would mean that individual missions are nerfed for the indicidual player as well. At the moment individual missions do not check who is in your team and set the mission according to the number of players you get. The mission is set for one person, and then they can dupe the keys as they see fit. One possible way would be to prevent an team members from entering the mission area, but I;m not too sure how everyone would feel about that.

2. give one or 2 more classes beacon warp type nanos. i feel this will help people get out of missions and back to the world.
    and before people start saying theres no xp out there go look there is plenty of it. (i'm not gonna tell ya, i went looking so should you)

Well, there are already other professions that have the ability to get teams back to the world fast. Fixers have a large variety of team Grid nanos, and Nano Technicians also have a warp. There are plenty of ways to get back. Giving these nanos to more professions would severly clamp down on the usefulness and uniqueness of these existing nanos I would think.

3. the crat insurance nanos would help greatly in these situations.

I know. I look forward to seeing them.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative