Thread: Disharmony and IS, something strange..

Question Disharmony and IS, something strange..

I noticed one thing while playing in IS today, Disharmony seemed to not work at all most of the time. I got 8 points in it, yet I fought several battles without it ever kicking in once. No Damage shield on the mobs I fought.

I was very close to petitioning it, until it suddenly exploded and I did drain like every hit on one of the preceptors.

It was just very strange, I`m going back there soon, so I`ll check more, but it was not just "bad luck" with the lifetaps..
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

AO's random number generator is known to hiccup once in a while... if you get the same behaviour again, then we have funkiness.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

the mobs in IS cast an absorb nano like layers very often. couldnt tell you the exact number, but its enough so that your disharmony gets fully absorbed each and every time. the only way to counter-act it, is terminate your fist buff, hit 1 hit with melee damage and that will eat through the melee part of the layers so that disharmony can function again. when you see the mob casting a self-buff, its probably the layers, so rinse/repeat and dont get too worked up over it.

this also brings up the point that you don't get healed if your disharmony gets absorbed.
    Herowyn 220/23 Martial Artist Redemption
    Radiantheal 220/21 Doctor Redemption

Angry

you dont??? Boourns!

Dave, can we get that added to the concerns list?
    just call me the idea monkey

WTB this mesh for my MA tier armor

Docs BM/MM Compilation

Originally posted by Jynne
    Maybe that can be an ad campaign: "AO - like methadone for slots junkies"?

this becomes even more of a concern when the enemy has layers AND a shield. like enforcers. even if they absorb our disharmony, and thus we get no heal, we still take full damage from their shield, but the disharmony never did damage, only got absorbed.

WTB a way to turn disharmony off when fighting enfs. it makes me lose 3k HP in a fight for nothing cause i dont even get healed
    Herowyn 220/23 Martial Artist Redemption
    Radiantheal 220/21 Doctor Redemption

disharmony is the worst perk ever, half teh time its counter effective because so many mobs (in missions) have some form of reflect shield, so each time your disharmony "works" you get double damage in return because of it. Thus i untrained this perk, if they fix it ill probbly use it but otherwise im not going to. And its even worse in PvP situations, damage refelction owns us as it is but this makes it even worse.

Actually I love disharmony 10, it's better then QnH, tanking 210 hecks with little healing to none at all. Only Downside is Dueling a soldier with TMS up you get a 350 Reflect damage and a 29 health drain return, yay lol. Course you can also crit for 600 Through TMS with it so it has it's upside in the same situation.
    On min dmg mobs I consider a +200 Dmg +321 Health drain Huge, thats +520 more dmg then someone that doesn't have it, but Yeh sometimes it doesn't proc at all so not like you can really count on it. Teh hickup so to speak.
    Btw Solod Inobak repeatedly the other day looking for fist of the dominator.
    blah blah

Hm, thats a game mechanics malfunction, it can't be intended to work like that, double damage against reflect is a joke. I'll snap it up in the bug list asap.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.