Thread: Tower Twink

Talking Tower Twink

I've got several questions for y'all. I noticed that there are a few postings on this but not one specifically geared for a lvl 60 Enf.

Our lvl 60ish towers were attacked and destroyed the other day. I have a 35lvl Enforcer atm. To defend lvl 60 towers what is the highest lvl that I can level up to and still be able to defend?

I'm used to twinking not for a Tower Twink. I know not to waste IPs on B&E and Mapping Skills, but what skills/ nanos should I focus on...or stay away from...Of course the usual Str,Sta, Agi, Body Developement but how far should i bother raising the other skills? Also for a 60ish lvl twink, which nano skills should I focus on? And would Nano Resist be worth anything?

I read in a previous posting that someone was able to get Jobe Armor on their 60ish lvl Enforcer so I guess I may go that route...

As far as weapons go which would be better? I see people using the Frost Scythe as well as the Styg...but I was actually considering using Improved Tango Dirks. Would Tango Dirks be a viable option as they have a faster attack and recharge and I could probably do more damage with them...but I would also have to put IPs into Multi Melee.

Any suggestions on Perks would be great. I know I should do the BioShield option, but what of my other 2 Perks?

I'm fairly used to twinking so that wont be a problem...I just put on 5 slot belt and 29 NCUs and I was short on time to do it. But I just need help with basic Enf twinking do's and dont's. Any info would be appreciative.

Thanks Again

You could probably level up to near the 70-75 range and still attack level 60 players.

On Nekrid, I focus on all abilities, with less focus on Sense and Psychic because IP is better spent elsewhere. Nekrid is wielding a Corpse Cutter, and I currently have a good amount of IP spent in Brawl, 2he, FastAttack, Melee Init, Comp Lit (duh), Treatment, All of my nano skills, with less of a focus on TimeSpace and SenseImp. I also have a little dab of IP in First Aid to use the stims that recover 100-150ish HP.

Jobe armor might be a way to go, but you'll have to upgrade it to Tier 1, because Jobe Armor by itself is pretty bland and a waste for a twink. Icegigas is wearing Tier 1, the first if I remember to do so, and he's pretty happy. Another alternative is Omni/Storm carb, and a Mantis breastplate. This combo gives you more nano, more ncu, quite a bit of HP (Mantis body), and good overall AC's.

Stygian/FSoL is pretty much a no-no these days, because you'll have trouble keeping up with the Enforcers of this time, who are usually outfitted in a Corpse Cutter. However, Stygian or FSoL would prove viable against other professions, namely Traders. Traders would have it harder time throwing you into OE, and you'll do some quick, good damage. Tango Dirks will be straining on a 60 Enforcer IP-wise, so it'd probably be best to stay away from there.

BioShield, check. So what to do with your other two? Form of the Troll will provide you with an extra 230 HP, or you could place them in a weapon-skill category.

Enforcer Do's:
    -) Equip a 6-slot belt and twink into good NCU's, Enforcer combat nanos take up a good deal of NCU.
    -) Gather up as much absorb tools as possible. Assault-tank, Withered Flesh, BioSheild, etc. Absorb is your friend and often your lifesaver in mass and single pvp.
    -) HP, HP, HP! Any HP item is welcome, Enforcers can never have too much. Sided shoulder pads, Mantis Body, Omni Carb.. All give to hp and are a welcome addition.

Enforcer Dont's:
    -) Don't neglect your nanoskills. Rage is a good divider between victory and defeat. Not paying attention to your nanos could leave you in a big hole (Example: Your barely casting Fell Rage, a trader lands his first deprive, you can't break away, your meat).
    -) Do not ignore Nano Pool. Raise Psychic just enough so you feel comfortable, and enough where you have some left over for other things, nano pool as well. Our combat nanos take a hefty amount to use, and as an atrox, low nano could spell death.

Erm, I think I covered everything, if I missed anything, be sure to add it in!
    ¤ League of Legends - 68WM1 ¤

My PvP policy: If you can't beat 'em, annoy 'em!

Talking

wow! Thanks for all the Info! Where does the Corpse Cutter drop? Is it in a dungeon or blitzable? I had a feeling that Tango Dirks would be a drain

Dyna loot drop is where CC is from, or check market forums.

Yup, I agree with Nekrid. You can see my armor/weapons in my signature. And I'll attest to raising your nanoskills enough, at least for Burning Rage. I have a more IP intensive setup (Even moreso than ITDs - 1he/brawl/FA/multi), so my nanoskills are lacking. Only time I've been killed in a straight duel was by a trader that once he got off Detain Customer (34 ncu) I couldn't break it with Fell Rage (breaks up to 27 NCU) and he was free to take his time draining me. If you leave yourself in the same hole, you'll always have trouble against traders. If you can't kill em before they drain you/strong root you, eventually they'll get ya. But hey, ya can't kill everyone. -Ice
    Last edited by Old Man Gigas; Jan 2nd, 2004 at 03:13:55.
    We are Legion
    Freshman Karmic "Zengigas" Force - Gear - The Guru
    Rookie Kwisatz "Wierding" Haderach - Gear - The Kingpin
    Apprentice Antlered "Icegigas" King - Gear - The Enforcer
    Old Man Gigas' Guide to Twinking v. 2.0
    R.I.P. - Littleslayar & Frostgigas

i also think an important point for lowbie enf's looking to twink is to make sure you have the absolute highest Rage you can use. Theres so many agent & trader twinks nowadays that being a melee class at a tower battle is pretty tough & you'll just end up as cannon fodder if you cant un-root yourself quickly.

A Gravity might be a more obtainable option than a Corpse Cutter. If at some time you do find a Corpse Cutter, you can always reset 2he and make the switch to 2he easily.

Atrox would be the Enforcer twink of choice, at L60 I'd think it would be possible to equip some Legchopper Gloves.

For your level, what you really want to worry about is the level of your Control Tower. Find out that info, /tell helpbot <insert level of CT here>. That will give you the range of levels who can shoot the CT, and that's what really matters. The other guys can knock out your support towers, but if they can't shoot the CT they are just there to annoy you.

Another weapon choise would be a Tangelblade, another Dyna Weapon, and another weapon that will sell for absurd amounts on the forums. While you're off killing dynas, it's likely that you'll find one of the three weapons to use on your twink.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

A Gravity, although easier to obtain, would be harder to twink on in the 60-70 range due to its higher 2hb requirements, but you can't argue about its damage.

Atrox would be the Enforcer twink of choice, at L60 I'd think it would be possible to equip some Legchopper Gloves.
    This is true for the most part. You can easily equip a Corpse Cutter at 60 with Silkens on, which will throw you ahead of the competition. In terms of the best Rage, Solitus would be more viable due to the fact they are few points ahead of Atrox in terms of nanoskills (I'm casting Burning Rage on Nekrid atm).

Brain symbiants also help a good deal in casting a diverse amount of nanoprograms.

Originally posted by Xyboc/Nekrid
    Brain symbiants also help a good deal in casting a diverse amount of nanoprograms.
    Also very true, except they're very difficult to come by. The best one Icegigas (lvl 70) can wear due to lvl reqs were the Ql 90 Vibrating Infantry Brain, but I couldn't find any info on it whatsoever. On the forums, databases, SL forums, threads, ingame etc. I only found one occurance of one being sold. If you did happen to find one low enough to use it, I'd highly suggest it -Ice
    We are Legion
    Freshman Karmic "Zengigas" Force - Gear - The Guru
    Rookie Kwisatz "Wierding" Haderach - Gear - The Kingpin
    Apprentice Antlered "Icegigas" King - Gear - The Enforcer
    Old Man Gigas' Guide to Twinking v. 2.0
    R.I.P. - Littleslayar & Frostgigas

For any Enforcer twinks who are clueless on where to look for a Brain Symbiant, either the boss Misery or Blight occasionally drops them.