Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Traders will get so NERFED, you will barely recognize them after...

Traders will get so NERFED, you will barely recognize them after...

Look around you, everybody screams for a Trader nerf. Even if they ask for a boost of their own profession, what they really want is a NERF of the trader. They know to well it will take to long time for FC to boost up all other professions up to Trader godmode. Just look at fixers, how long has FC promised them a boost? At least 6 months. And even the soldier, MP and doctor needs a boost to be on balance with the Trader. So lets face the facts: It wont happen.

FC uses the easiest solution: NERF. They dont have the resources to boost all professions up to Traders godly power in a reasonable time, so only viable solution is to NERF the trader. Besides, for the rest of us, we dont only want boosts of our professions, we also want content. We want story and story dungeons. So to NERF the Trader will free up alot of resources for FC, so that they can make nice content instead.

Good luck on the NERF.

Traders are so uber that no one even wants to be one. Maybe we can make it so there are even less traders so instead of being the second least played class they'll be the least played. You know there are more fixers than traders in this game.

I don't think Traders are godly. They're squishy. Easy meat for Aces.

I think traders are one of the most well balanced classes out there, next to enforcers and doctors.

I have stuck up for the traders when people like garzu blindly call for nerfs.

Thanks Zeroshift, I want a chance to resist the the debuffs. And yes, I do think the debuffs will be uber after the OE patch. They are already very powerful, now they will indirectly get a big boost. Which I happen to think the Traders dont need. So I have suggested to either increase the chance of resisting the debuffs, or remove the nano debuff part or them. I would prefere the first, because that wont remove an option entirely, just make it less chance of landing.

And yes, I am sure you are every traders hero.
    NT phone HOME!!

I think that traders are too powerful and sometimes a nerf is needed to balance the game, I think the best/easiest solution would be to make Wrangle, divest and plunder not stackable and those should only add to weapon skill, NOT to nano skills.

This would change so traders wouldn't make ALL healing or nuke profession useless in PvP (after 14.2 that goes for pet profs too)

It would also change so traders can't buff their nano skills and use heals alot higher in ql, so docs would be the best healers again...

It's maybe becuase I have a MP, but as it is now, MPs are totally useless in groups at high lvl, noone want any nanobuffs when a trader just do a wrangle instead, so it would make MPs useful again.

(I play a trader(lvl 72 now) myself so I will also get nerfed, but I think it's needed to balance the game, and balance is more important than being uber for me...)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Both Garzu and Anti are on the right track if you ask me. having traders boost/debuff nano skills is overkill, MP's are quite capable of taking care of this. Secondly we'll have to see somewhat improved use for Nano resist, right now nano resist is a somewhat weak skill. With 1400 nano resist I resist about 1 out of 8 nanos (from an average set of hostile nanos) when my agg/def bar is on full agg. Same nano resist and full def makes me resist about 1 in 2 hostile nanos.

Now imagine any profession that lacks a self buff for 800 nano resist, they will resist nothing, ever. Funcom has to give professions other than enforcers at least a chance to resist nanos even on full agg. By doing this they will make enforcers hard to dent with hostile nanos (if they have Infernal Rage running, but its not that hard to catch an enf with this program not running since it lasts for 36 seconds). An NT with green nano resist and Nano resist implants should resist alot of hostile nanos if he goes into defensive mode. Someone with dark blue nano resist and nano resist implants should resist some hostile nanos on full def (maybe 40% of them or so).

If Funcom manages to fix nano resist so any profession other than enforcer stands a chance to resist hostile nanos they will effectively nerf traders.

Amazing how everybody is calling for the reduction of power these shopkeepers have, rather than calling on Funcom to increase the functionality other professions have.

Just my 2 pennies since I don't have cents.
    Chaosengine : Still soldiering on..
    Equiptment Layout

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero...
    When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything right at all...

Our name is Legion for we are many..

I would very much like that nano resist got fixed. And I know Funcom is actually looking at it atm.
    ~Lone

Originally posted by Wolfe
    Both Garzu and Anti are on the right track if you ask me. having traders boost/debuff nano skills is overkill, MP's are quite capable of taking care of this. Secondly we'll have to see somewhat improved use for Nano resist, right now nano resist is a somewhat weak skill. With 1400 nano resist I resist about 1 out of 8 nanos (from an average set of hostile nanos) when my agg/def bar is on full agg. Same nano resist and full def makes me resist about 1 in 2 hostile nanos.

Now imagine any profession that lacks a self buff for 800 nano resist, they will resist nothing, ever. Funcom has to give professions other than enforcers at least a chance to resist nanos even on full agg. By doing this they will make enforcers hard to dent with hostile nanos (if they have Infernal Rage running, but its not that hard to catch an enf with this program not running since it lasts for 36 seconds). An NT with green nano resist and Nano resist implants should resist alot of hostile nanos if he goes into defensive mode. Someone with dark blue nano resist and nano resist implants should resist some hostile nanos on full def (maybe 40% of them or so).

If Funcom manages to fix nano resist so any profession other than enforcer stands a chance to resist hostile nanos they will effectively nerf traders.
    Evades are really weak. My <insert class> should be able to evade almost all attacks if my evades are maxed out and I am on full defense. Even on full aggro I should be able to evade 40% or so. And if I have good evades that no-one should ever be able to crit on me, ever!

Listen up. The only thing that needs to be fixed is nano resist. Ransacks run at 190% of your resist. 190%!!

The biggest reasons that traders are too powerful is that their weapons age grossly overpowered because they are grossly overequipped. That is where the damage is coming from. 14.2 will take that power away from them.

Suggest improvements to the game instead of nerfs. That includes:
    1. Fixing nano-resist.
    2. Reducing crit damage across the board.

Bleys

Angry

Ah hell, why bother.

Go ahead nerf em.

You'll be next.

They'll nerf you so bad even the fixers will feel sorry for you.

If you want to fix NR fine, I don't resist jack squat on any char that I ever raised NR on either.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Suggest improvements to the game instead of nerfs.
    I see it as a improvment to the game if they balance (nerf in your mind) traders.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by LostBoyJim

Evades are really weak. My <insert class> should be able to evade almost all attacks if my evades are maxed out and I am on full defense. Even on full aggro I should be able to evade 40% or so. And if I have good evades that no-one should ever be able to crit on me, ever!

Listen up. The only thing that needs to be fixed is nano resist. Ransacks run at 190% of your resist. 190%!!

The biggest reasons that traders are too powerful is that their weapons age grossly overpowered because they are grossly overequipped. That is where the damage is coming from. 14.2 will take that power away from them.

Suggest improvements to the game instead of nerfs. That includes:
    1. Fixing nano-resist.
    2. Reducing crit damage across the board.

Bleys
    I want to make you aware that weapons got something called criticals. With high evades you get critted much less, thats a very nice bonus. So, I think the evades are very very useful (I know with scopes and buffs the evades arent worth crap in PvP, lets hope 14.2 will do something about that). Nanos got no such thing as crits, either you resist, or you dont. If weapons had no such thing as crits, the evades would be pretty useless. And I think NR works under exactly those rules, I resist a nano just as often as I completely evade an attack, which is about never vs an equal lvl opponent. I do evade every hit vs very low lvl grey mobs, cant say that in PvP, becuase ppl usually got higher AMS than my DMS, and in pvm where the mobs got much higher AMS than any player will ever get.

Fix/boost NR? Well, since I believe the NR works as evades would do without crits, I am not sure if thats the right thing to do, at least not the only thing that should be done. A boost of NR effectiveness would also mean that professions such as NTs, MPs, Docs, Agents, Fixers etc would have alot of their nanos resisted much more often. As an NT I could not live with my nukes constantly chain resisted. But then the NR would be boosted to much. So an increase of the NR effectiveness should be done, at the same time, the evades should be boosted too.

The debuffs are way to powerful to land every single time its cast on an equal lvl target, specially an NT who got the highest NR unbuffed in the game. I got 765 NR (including Psy bonus), beat that.

While I do agree the divest should land very often because it got 100% resist, I think the chance of resisting it should be higher, more like the plunder 190%. In a fight in the Camelot dungeon, Noer landed it every time, no surprise really, he had 1100 in his nano skills the debuff required. But he also landed the plunder every time he casted it, it got 190% resist. Now even if he got 1100 in his nano skills, my NR is effectively 1450 vs plunder + I am always at max def when I pvp, which in my opinion should make it very difficult to land on me, but as I said, it lands every single time he debuffs me. And he debuffs me every single time he sees me, wonder why? And they land every time, same vs Mrink, or Mr Ink (I know he likes to be called that).

Just want to add that Noer debuffed my AMS down to 158, which in turn makes him impossible to hit with my gun. Thats in addition to a -415 reduction in all my nano skills. Which In my opinion is the same as nano shutdown + weapon shutdown with a much longer duration than the MP debuff.

After the OE patch, the trader will not only gimp my AMS back to lvl 30, I will also get OE penalties, 25% reduction of dmg. And they will be able to debuff for example the soldier with about 45% of their weapon skills.

And I dont agree at all that OE will fix the balance. Traders will be just as powerful at higher lvls, some effect on the lower, but the higher will not suffer at all.

What do I want then?

I want the debuffs such as the traders, docs and MPs to have at least 190% chance of resist. I think the init debuff of the doc with 100% resist is way to powerful, 100% = landing every single time. Same with MPs dominate, 100% = landing every single time. And of course the traders deprive. Increase the resist chance on them to at least 190%, and the plunder should be 280% chance of resist. I really dont think any of those debuffs should be reliable. They should be more like a gamble, hard to land, but when they do they are uber. EDIT: Or of course totally remove the nano debuff part of the Traders debuffs.
    Last edited by Garzu; Apr 24th, 2002 at 21:07:32.
    NT phone HOME!!

i agree with garzu on the issue of resistance on all the debuffs being increased, for pvp.

I don't really like the idea of nerfing a prof but nano resist imho does not work if that would change then maybe pvp would be alot better, but traders are the only class that can root and heal.My main and only toon is a ma if i had the abilty to root we would be almost unstopable.I know all you traders out there are gonna say well we have to drain to get our heal working.That's fine but when you just walk up to a gaurd and drain them before a fight you get a easy drain and then you fight.Pretty much what i'm saying here is this either nerf your root or your heals if you guys lost your roots tis would make nt's and crats alot more wanted to a team.Sure you could say that without calms or roots we could not solo missions anymore,well and the manual and stradegy guide it says traders have no solo abilty at all this is a team only prof.

I wrote a long response but deleted it.

Go roll a trader. After 14.2, after critbuffs are gone, and after nano resist is looked at then come back here and say you have the same complaints.

Any profession around L130 right now can get a high QL scope in (if they are lucky enough to have one), get UVC, get an ithaca, and kill people in 3-5 shots.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

1st off crit buff will not be gone they will just not be as powerful to any class besides a ma. that being said even with VS traders will still own just about any class and as far as ma's being able to use lma and uvc we are the only class that has no chance of surving any fight at our lvl without a crit buff.you can still root then run and heal and sure you can debuff your self to break roots but that doesn't always work and if you can't break the root on the 1st try you are you are dead.As far as fc looking into nano resist cosmick has stated it "works as intended"

things always work as intended. when they change the way something works, it then works as intended all of a sudden. over and over. the 'as intended' line is bs to get people off their back.

Reasonable

Good post Garzu - I enjoyed reading. (Imagine an Adv with dark blue nano resist - hahaha, would be even more fun if I wouldn't play one )

Although I don't have the same amount of experience I would like to say:

- Traders can shut down all types of professions: Weapon and nano users (pet classes much more efficiently after 14.2). This is grossly imbalanced (in my eyes).

Two proposals:
    - Rename that profession into something more adaequous: Warlords, maybe. Because the way I understand a 'trader' is something totally different than it is in game (but I might be wrong). Please refer to Trader. Look at this:
    Weak fields

All combat
    Well, this is so wrong, I can't even laugh about it any more.

- Give the other professions a chance to stand against them. If this means a nerf - ok, I experienced enough to say, you will survive. But there are other proposals (-> Garzu) that are much more meaningful.

One thing that puzzles me: I most often have a hard time to find a trader to give me trade skill buffs - /me wonders a little bit.

So long,

Max(imilian)

P.S. For all those cry babies that want to flame right now. Lean back and read again. I am not in favor of a nerf (and I don't see it coming), I am for balance. And you (traders) won't be weaker after 14.2, all others will be hit to exactly the same ammount and we don't have the buffs to push ourselves skyhigh.
    100% curious

Re: Reasonable

Originally posted by Maximilian
    One thing that puzzles me: I most often have a hard time to find a trader to give me trade skill buffs - /me wonders a little bit.
    That's because Trader is the second least played class in the entire game, second only to Bureaucrat.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast