Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funcom.....the main thing that is pissing off Agents

Funcom.....the main thing that is pissing off Agents

THE AVAILABILITY OF THE NEW NANOS!!!!!!
    What you have removed will be next to impossible for most to replace in the very near future, (I don't have 100mil creds for a nano) leaving us weaker in the dmg department than we already are.

I WANT TO SOLO...THAT'S WHY I CHOSE AN AGENT!!!

Just thought I would put that where you could see it incase you haven't already heard by reading the forums.

Also, please make all non-combat nanos in the game insta-cast. taking time to cast an AC buff makes no sense, and it really wastes time in FP, I don't now how many times a group has become impatient waiting for me to rebuff in a group. This change would not affect game balance.

And for the love of god give us a HoT to replace the MP pets, at least for the higher lvl Agents.

Other than that I beleive this is a good patch.

if you want a hot, just go FP: fixer, and use theirs.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Originally posted by ReelBigFish
    if you want a hot, just go FP: fixer, and use theirs.
    Yes excellent suggestion with the 2.5x nano cost penalty, they are completely worthless by the time we got nanopool to use them.

Don't forget how it would take us 10 times longer to cast it too

Anyways I agree the availability of the crit buff is my big objection, we dont do **** of damage without. What they thinking when giving us rifles like this:

http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?cmd=view&id=152108
    http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?cmd=view&id=157661

They they take away our crit buffs and make it some rare drop of boss mobs in teammissons? We 100% dependant upon crit buffs. We already spent so much time getting the MP nanos, the MA crit buff nanos and now they take it all away and we have to get it all from scratch again, but it will be 1000 times harder to get now. I could understand it if I was new player, but after 185 levels something like this gets kinda unacceptable.

And what happened to the promise about beeing able to solo to 200 with some effort. If FC think thats possible wihtout crit buffs (which is impossible to get for the solo agent) then they are simply clueless.

hm

Low Light Targeting scopes were designed for agents.
    You already have Take the Shot.
    You will get two new snazzy self-only crit buffs.

Why the whining? You will be number 2 in the crit buffing department, as it should be. You are ranged and have roots, MA's are melee.

To me it sure looks like your gonna do more damage relative to other professions.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Re: hm

Originally posted by DaveDread
    You already have Take the Shot.
    You will get two new snazzy self-only crit buffs.

Why the whining? You will be number 2 in the crit buffing department, as it should be. You are ranged and have roots, MA's are melee.

To me it sure looks like your gonna do more damage relative to other professions.
    We are losing more than we gain.

Pre-14.2 we had a personal healer and access to crit buffs.

Now; we have no healer at higher levels and we get a sub-par crit buff that will cost us millions to buy off someone.

I never liked being reliant on false professions. I would welcome the change if they gave us adequate compensation... Like giving us good crit buffs and insane damage buffs to make up for our low HP and lack of healing.

They had the right idea by giving us our crit buffs and second damage buff line. The thing is that it will have to be incredible damage buff to make up for what we have lost.

Exclamation hah

New nanos that only appear as "often" as Grid Armor and Nullity Sphere (in disc form, of course) are completely irrelevant to 99.9% of the gaming populace. They might as well not exist. Come 14.2, Grid Armor pretty much will not exist. About as useful as Sharp Objects or Swimming Expertise.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by MSag

Yes excellent suggestion with the 2.5x nano cost penalty, they are completely worthless by the time we got nanopool to use them.
    humm, you got a point there. whats the highest level healpet you guys can have? and how much does it heal for? not much but its better than nothing eh?
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Davedread said, "You will get two new snazzy self-only crit buffs".

No, that's the entire point of this thread. We >won't< get the snazzy self only crit buffs. Because they will be super rare drops which we will have to pay 200 million credits to be able to buy. So only 2% of us will have them.

There are lots of fixers and NT's running around with grid armor or nullity sphere, because of the bug which used to exist until a month or so ago which allowed multiple people to upload the same nano. The bug is gone, so this won't help us.

why do you think they'll be as rare as nullity or GA?

they just said they'd be boss mob drops, or from team missions. and you know what? those sealed recepticles are from team missions, too, and they're pretty common.

now, i myself don't know for sure, but i wouldn't jump to conclusions.
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

some folks are just plain thick..

Originally posted by dirtysanchez
    why do you think they'll be as rare as nullity or GA?

they just said they'd be boss mob drops, or from team missions. and you know what? those sealed recepticles are from team missions, too, and they're pretty common.

now, i myself don't know for sure, but i wouldn't jump to conclusions.
    Read it again. They will be ON the Boss Mob only!

So you get a team mission, you kill the Boss Mob, maybe he drops the loot, just maybe, and then you may not be in que to get the loot and the guy that does get it(if again it's there anyhow) is sure the hell not going to give it to you because they will be selling for 10's if not 100's of millions of credits!

Now how long would that one mission have taken? How many new nanos are being added? Starting to get the idea?

I don't have the time to do team missions, besides I'm an Agent....I work alone.

Originally posted by eleetist
    Don't forget how it would take us 10 times longer to cast it too
    Correct me if I'm wrong. (I'm sure you will.) But aren't these two things working as designed? I only ask because it looks a lot like you are complaining about them. It seems like choosing to wear tank armor then complaining about the nano costs and such. Maybe it's just me.

It's near impossible to find a group that accually WANTS to hunt a team mission. Most people hate them.

The only people that get these neat new nanos are those in guilds.

Agent's can't solo, it's just that simple.

Agent's have nothing to offer a team, very simple there too.

We don't want to be gods. We just want to be good at something. Either give us lots of goodies so we will be grabbed for teams, or give us lots of self only things that make us decent solo'ers.

Go to 20k and listen to who is shouting for a team. The majority are agents and fixers that can't get invited to a team. All others are scooped up.

Re: some folks are just plain thick..

Originally posted by AgentGimpy

Read it again. They will be ON the Boss Mob only!

at least you KNOW where it drops
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

Originally posted by Zeroshift

Go to 20k and listen to who is shouting for a team. The majority are agents and fixers that can't get invited to a team. All others are scooped up.
    AGENTS can't get a team? What game are you playing~!?

Originally posted by Highjack

AGENTS can't get a team? What game are you playing~!?
    I have had the same experience on RK1. After the folks I teamed with every day from 50 to 100 decided to start new twinks, getting a team became _hard_. Only when a team fail finding a ma to give the crit buff do they start looking for an agent. Sad, but true...

What I would like is some nanos that can keep us alive when soloing. A self only heal line or some other cool stuff. Feel free to come up with something dear devs I wouldn't mind dropping the meatballs at all if we get another way to stay alive. I am feeling sorry for agents that have to go through the levels after restite is useless to mimic after 14.2. No chance at all of surviving anything of pod -o---|----- or higher.

That the nanos are boss drop only don't bother me that much. I actually think we might be in luck to have our put their first. Hopefully a lot of boss mobs will drop them, and since agents are the only one with "new boss loot nanos" they will be fairly common. And when other professions get their new nanos of boss mobs as well, everyone wil be doing more team missions to get them. At least that's what I hope... We can be looking at 1/100 boss dropping a agent nano. Then I would agree we have a problem.

--sil
    Last edited by Techblast; Apr 24th, 2002 at 23:21:11.

Re: hm

Originally posted by DaveDread
    How did you come to this conclusion?
    Agents do not have any cheaper Electrical engineering or weapon smithing than any other class.
    The skills, and the buffs to boot in this department belongs to.. AFAIK... traders. Surprise!

Originally posted by grimdaell

Correct me if I'm wrong. (I'm sure you will.) But aren't these two things working as designed? I only ask because it looks a lot like you are complaining about them. It seems like choosing to wear tank armor then complaining about the nano costs and such. Maybe it's just me.
    Yes, they are working as designed. And few of us have a problem with that. At least not major ones.
    The point here is that the penalties makes several possible solutions a moot point. We can't rely on it to save us through.
    Like fixer HoT's (crappy as they are), Doc heals and so forth.
    So we adapt to the penalties, which, by the way was introduced after months of playing and learning one set of rules. They were meant to be there.
    But they also keep FP from helping on our survivability just because of that.

Edit: Btw. did you notice the changes to tank armor and battle suits. Cost reduction. Making it less costly to cast nf's while wearing them. Priceless!
    Last edited by Hitokage; Apr 24th, 2002 at 23:50:14.
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Originally posted by MSag
    Anyways I agree the availability of the crit buff is my big objection, we dont do **** of damage without. What they thinking when giving us rifles like this:

http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?cmd=view&id=152108
    http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?cmd=view&id=157661

They they take away our crit buffs and make it some rare drop of boss mobs in teammissons? We 100% dependant upon crit buffs. We already spent so much time getting the MP nanos, the MA crit buff nanos and now they take it all away and we have to get it all from scratch again, but it will be 1000 times harder to get now. I could understand it if I was new player, but after 185 levels something like this gets kinda unacceptable.

And what happened to the promise about beeing able to solo to 200 with some effort. If FC think thats possible wihtout crit buffs (which is impossible to get for the solo agent) then they are simply clueless.

Oh, isnt it the great MSag that thinks the NT is a well balanced profession becuase we got Nullity?

Well, grats, now you get crit buffs, and will be nicely balanced too.

Good luck on finding them.
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Garzu

Oh, isnt it the great MSag that thinks the NT is a well balanced profession becuase we got Nullity?

Well, grats, now you get crit buffs, and will be nicely balanced too.

Good luck on finding them.
    Nullity rarity was unfair to NT's...

But in all fairness it's not the same situation.

These agent changes were sold to us as the cure for our gimpness. However only 2% of the agents will expierence this.

The NT's Sphere nano was not sold as a balancing factor, just an extra rare goodie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast