Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 - Pet Changes

What is it about MP pets?

For some reason these pets cannot stand having a mezzed mob about they have to go out of their way to break it.

spose it is a good way to find that lost heal pet mezz a mob and it will come from nowhere and break it.

being a crat I very much dislike teaming with mp's as their pets make my mezz's worthless.

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    Behind mode means that the pet does defend itself, or the engineer, if any of them gets attacked. However, rushing into a room just to start every fight isn't really a nice thing.
    Not true. Pets in follow and behind modes do not defend you if you are attacked. Not MP pets at least, that's for sure.

I do not think this change will be such a big deal for MPs in PVM.. the only debuff tough enough to get you under 80% of requirements whould be a trader debuff, and on most levels (except the ones where you have no margin whatsoever on your pet nano) you would probably need BOTH trader debuff lines stacked on each other.. not likely to happen in PVM..
    Etchu solitus omni MP 103 on rubika1.. just left departmentX for First Order..
    Feydrutha nanomage omni NT 25 on rubika1 retired atm
    Rodja atrox omni soldier 20 n00b!

Originally posted by Tink
    What is it about MP pets?

For some reason these pets cannot stand having a mezzed mob about they have to go out of their way to break it.

spose it is a good way to find that lost heal pet mezz a mob and it will come from nowhere and break it.

being a crat I very much dislike teaming with mp's as their pets make my mezz's worthless.
    seems outside the thread's subject.. but...

in an add situation, after the first target dies, even if all adds are mezzed, MP combat pet will probably have issues with a few of them who got a shot or two in before being mezzed.. so it will attack one and break the mezz.. now if the team's tank chose another target, there is little the MP can do to avoid having 2 targets at once, unless he manages to put pet in follow mode and then into attack mode against the tank's target..
    so you say it is different with engie pets and crat pets?
    the only difference i know of iw that the stupid flying balls draw agro from miles away since they are flying... can be a nuisance in crowded camps...
    Etchu solitus omni MP 103 on rubika1.. just left departmentX for First Order..
    Feydrutha nanomage omni NT 25 on rubika1 retired atm
    Rodja atrox omni soldier 20 n00b!

Date of registration 2001-07-02 17:58:01 UTC
    Account status Open until 2002-06-13
    Subscription is cancelled
    Next billing Not scheduled
    Buddy subscriptions 0
    Buddies in tryout period 0

-Railgunz
    Engineer, lvl 121
    Ninjaseph (180 MA) (New Main)
    Freshman Nukeseph (201 NT)
    Rookie Railgunz(212 Fixer) (Retired)
    Freshman Pvpseph (20 Fixer)
    Rookie Pvpseph4(43 trader twink)
    Rookie Totwseph(60 enf twink)

I don't use pets but always see pets that are of a much higher lvl then the caster. So in retrospect this will make pet using classes have to use pets within a 20% of there skills or just use a pet of equal lvl. Am i right.

Re: Do you have any details for us?

Originally posted by Maximilian
    Side question: Why are debuffing professions meant to be so powerful? Working hypothesis: Remove the nano reducing part from the trader debuffs.
    youre are an idiot for calling for the nerfing of another class.
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

Originally posted by Railgunz
    Date of registration 2001-07-02 17:58:01 UTC
    Account status Open until 2002-06-13
    Subscription is cancelled
    Next billing Not scheduled
    Buddy subscriptions 0
    Buddies in tryout period 0

-Railgunz
    Engineer, lvl 121
    Oh, you f*ing wuss. Get the hell out, already.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Thumbs down Thats it, Im gonna play DAOC instead.

The only reason i started my engie and that i can live with the poor pet pathing in AO is that our bots are more powerfull than most characters.

Do u realise how many people that will quit AO after this patch?

If you do changes of this caliber, you should have announced it a year ahead. If people start new characters, i think they have the right to know the proffesion their remains as good as they were when they started the character.

This sucks, im out.

75 NT - Can solo green mobs if im lucky
    112 Engineer - ehh, migh be usefull for picking locks in missions after the patch.
    20 MP - No use in playing with him, since he probably gets nerfed anyday now.

How about fixing pet pathing, that you majorly borked up with 14.0 first ?

Haven't played AO since 14.0. Pointless.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Thumbs down MPs are not nerfed

Show me one MP that is going to be nerfed by the 20% OE. They have their self-buffs, and if one isn't buffed to the max they're a fool. Unlike engie pets, MP pets only last about 10 minutes and have to be refreshed all the time.

An engie can't OE with a bot any more than someone else can with a weapon. Why is that a bad thing?

And yes, along with my MP I have an engie and an enforcer for that matter. My MP is 112th lvl, so I've got to sit around an ask myself why this guy over here is casting a demon and all I had was a flying testicle. My engie appreciates a good buff just like the next guy, but you're a fool if you're dependent on it.

Maybe MPs won't feel like MAs do being crit-buff dispensers now.

Re: Thats it, Im gonna play DAOC instead.

Originally posted by seppo
    This sucks, im out.
    Another person I don't have to have the following conversation with:

Them: That sucked! That mob hit me 3 times and I lost 3 million XP!

Me: 3 times?

Them: It is a ql 180 mission.

Me: Aren't you level 106?

Them: Yea, but my bot rocks. Man, FC sucks! They should give me back that XP!

Yea, now the "180" will be replaced with "120". And by the way, this has been known for over a month now.

But fix pet pathing :-p

Vrach, it's so much more fun to hang around the forums and troll up controversy

I'll have you know that I used to be one of the biggest Funcom fanboys EVER...quitting AO took alot of mental fortitude for me as I have an escapist and addictive personality; just spreading the gospel now

Don't worry. I take pleasure in beating half-witted trolls into the ground. You really showed me with your gospel!

Originally posted by Meligant

I guess the aggro changes in 14.1 didn't cause them all to cancel so this might just do the trick.
    Actually 14.1 was the straw that broke my back (this upcomming 14.2 was the bulk of the reason). I'm leveling an MP now.

Re: ummm

Originally posted by Vandame
    How about /pet warp or WORKING pet pathing?
    I love most things in this patch, heck i can even live with beeing debuffed since i outdmg my pet anyway but for the love of god fix pathing!

Christabel
    Can I get an amen?

AMEN!

Originally posted by Feydrutha

seems outside the thread's subject.. but...

in an add situation, after the first target dies, even if all adds are mezzed, MP combat pet will probably have issues with a few of them who got a shot or two in before being mezzed.. so it will attack one and break the mezz.. now if the team's tank chose another target, there is little the MP can do to avoid having 2 targets at once, unless he manages to put pet in follow mode and then into attack mode against the tank's target..
    so you say it is different with engie pets and crat pets?
    the only difference i know of iw that the stupid flying balls draw agro from miles away since they are flying... can be a nuisance in crowded camps...
    For Engine I suspect that they just manage their pet better (having only one pet to deal with). I always tell my pet to /pet wait after it has been attacked by the primary mob. It will still fight that mob, but once it's dead, my pet will effectively have a clean aggro list.

Re: MPs are not nerfed

Originally posted by Xxap
    Show me one MP that is going to be nerfed by the 20% OE. They have their self-buffs, and if one isn't buffed to the max they're a fool. Unlike engie pets, MP pets only last about 10 minutes and have to be refreshed all the time.

An engie can't OE with a bot any more than someone else can with a weapon. Why is that a bad thing?

And yes, along with my MP I have an engie and an enforcer for that matter. My MP is 112th lvl, so I've got to sit around an ask myself why this guy over here is casting a demon and all I had was a flying testicle. My engie appreciates a good buff just like the next guy, but you're a fool if you're dependent on it.

Maybe MPs won't feel like MAs do being crit-buff dispensers now.
    Now engi's only can get mochams OR 132 wrangle, not both to stay within 20%, you can still use a very powerful pet.

What I don't like is that nano debuffs will be so powerful so it will make all PvP for any pet prof useless, the attack pets doesn't do much, but the healing pet is needed...and with the trader debuff they also make our weapons useless cuz we are near the 20% with maxed shotgun and all 3 ql200 implants if we use a Snakemaster, Vektor or medium shotgun...so 1 trader debuff will make our pets useless, our weapon useless AND our nuke useless...

I wonder why I have started a trader instead...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Re: 14.2 - Pet Changes

Originally posted by Cosmik
    ... If the pet is busy fighting/healing it will finish its current target before going to this state, ...
    WHAT?

Let me get this straight. Three PKs jump me at once. My attack pet starts in on one of them. I get debuffed. The other two get to kill me for free?

And your generous offer is to leave /pet terminate working, so that (if I live that long) I can summon a new, lower level one?

No. Not just no, but <expletive> no. That is not even vaguely fair, not in a game with traders and trader NPCs wandering around. 20%? Heck, with ransack and deprive that's an easy threshold to reach; it's actually well over a third.

Trader ransacks and deprives a soldier: soldier drops to 75% damage immediately, and for the next 2 minutes. Trader ransacks and deprives an engineer: engineer gets to kill one mob, then drops to ZERO damage for the next 2 minutes - oh, except for 75% of his worthless pistol damage.

You just killed the pet classes, and killed them dead. How can you not see this?

Unhappy Well.....

Firstly, THANK YOU for implementing my suggestion on pet reporting :-)

Secondly, still think the 20% is OTT, but we will just have to see what happens in game.

Screwz 120 Eng

PS WHen we get our 'turn' at been fixed?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast