Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 - Item Changes

Well if aggro management worked correctly then agents wouldn't need a deaggro device to lessen mob hate enough for mobs to not be able to be taunted off an agent that used an aimed shot.

In an ideal world our high concealment skill would reduce a mobs hate toward us when we crit even while not in sneak. Then an agent could buff the non tank classes in the group to lower their aggro. Adventurers using pronouncement of greatness would benefit from the 200+ conceal buff of an actually useful morph (that they already have) to reduce their aggro when they heal. Keep the concealment skill of the rest of the group high and keep the conceal of tanks low. This would allow tanks to use their taunts more effectively when tanking. An agent's role in a team is the puller...at least it used to be anyway....before it was just the gimped buff monkey. We aren't tanks we need to have some way of lowering mob aggro enough for tanks to use their taunts to get the mob off of us.

I'd like to be able to use aimed shot while concealed and not initiate my attack sequence and drop sneak mode. Instead the mob I attacked would aggro me none of his friends would follow me. And I can then pull the mob to a safe location where the rest of my team is and continue my attack with my normal damage attacks. The mob should be easily taunted off of me by the actual tank and the tank should maintain the mobs hate directly at him/her.

Unfortunately this isn't an ideal world no matter how much we wish it was. This being the case I'll give some suggestions to improve the functionality of what is available now.

Agents actually have green psychology skill. At least the deaggro device would allow us to have a reason to put some ip into it. The idea behind the creation of a detaunting device for agents is sound...they don't want to give us a calm nano the only other option. If they are going to add this item and make it agent only then they need to adjust its functionality a little bit. It shouldn't reduce the mob's hate towards the user of the detaunter (us) when we use it on them instead it should reduce a mob's hate toward the mob's current fighting target. That way agents would be able to detaunt the mob off the doc to reduce the mob's hate toward him/her when they are being attacked by that mob. The mob's hate towards the doc is reduced making it easier for the tank to taunt the mob off of the doc. In this way only agents could do this allowing for agents to be useful in aggro management.

This way when we pull we can then deaggro the mob enough for the mob to be taunted by the tank off of us. If the mob aggros the doc we should then be able to deaggro the mob again so that the tank can taunt the mob off the doc. This would allow the puller to pull, the tank to tank, and the healer to heal. Each of us should play a role. If a doc could detaunt why would they need the agent? Add functionality to the game that works please...I want to be "fixed" (eventually)and I want to be able to have an agent role in a team again. This would also allow us to be useful in teams where the tank is a pet. If the pet's master gets aggro we can detaunt the mob to make it easier for the pet's taunting ability to taunt the mob off the owner. And since it would be unavailable to any native pet user this wouldn't effect solo play. Which would make pet users too risk free when getting experience if it was given to everyone. We miss our identity funcom and we want it back...we want a viable role in a group as an agent...not merely a buff monkey.

Give fixer's a break funcom reduce the req on their nanos to something reasonable for their expected skill level. And give them a calm nano they need it. Giving a calm nano would be a bit unbalancing for an agent I suppose but for a dark blue nano skilled fixer they could use some more added functionality when they pull for a group. If you're not going to adjust the requirements of grid armor then you better not treat it as social armor.
    Last edited by Graxxus; Apr 24th, 2002 at 15:16:19.
    Graxulus Solitus Soldier Atlantean (RK1) - Current Main
    Graxas Solitus agent Atlantean
    Graxxus Opifex agent Atlantean
    Graxxius Atrox agent Rimor <Retired>

Cool Comments on the up and coming changes

Well I play an agent. I like the changes coming for agents a lot. But please don't make Docs hate me. Give them the de-aggro nano too. Give it to everyone for all I care. People will still mold their characters into the roles they want to play. I don't care, but I need my Doc teammates to heal me very much. I didn't make my agent to have gurgling testicles following me to heal me or to fight for me. I don't want pets; if I wanted pets I would have rolled an MP, Engie or Crat. I am a thief, a liar, and a spy. Thieves don't bring their dogs when they case a joint, or when they do the job. So please, again don't piss off the Docs.

As for LLTS being left in the game, while a new version is introduced. That’s going to give some players a huge advantage over other players. I like the above suggestion by someone that the old scopes are converted to the new kind of scope. Barring that simply remove them. It will save me lots of time to just read the flames for two weeks after you take them out. The alternative is reading flames for months and months about how they are unfair, blah blah blah. “I have several scopes for sale for 2 million a piece QL 1- 30….Battlesuit thrown in for free with every purchase!”

Fixers – let them keep the armor. Make it easier to use. Do this right away. If the armor is OE’d with current reqs, lower the heck out of em. Please try to keep the few fixers I know playing the game. My fellow thief profession, who read the manual when trying to become thieves, often wish they were spies like me. It’s no fun to show your fixer buddy what nano he will have someday, and then cast it on him, when he can’t use it himself and our at the same level. As an agent, I’m just a registered thief, but I gotta look out for my bros. Fixer boards have so many great fixer ideas that don’t seem to ever get a response, that it hurts to read them. How is a blue-collar thief supposed to make it? If you can’t fix Fixers yet fine, but DO NOT nerf the armor. Nuff said.

Turning into a rock/tree is easy to make fun of. But others have done so well, I’m not going to try. But I think that sounds great actually, please include it.

Cosmik? I have to agree with the above post that was concerned about which post you responded to. Will you please post something for the other more pressing things mentioned here? Be brief again (I realize you are busy), but at least something more for us than the Rock/Tree reply. Pretty please?

-Lestrade

Unhappy

You're saying you don't want it?
    Yeah, ask the fixers if they want this godforsaken patch.

Lol, its funny how they still have yet to post a reponse:

"Hey Cosmik, um don't reply to anything to do with fixers, I think we f*cked up REAL BAD"

I certainly hope thats the case and not:

"Why are the fixers pissed? We don't get it"
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Re: LLTS changes - This is a big mistake..

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Don't go through with the LLTS changes as they are described in the patch notes. This will just cause yet another gap between the people who aquired a particular item before it was taken out and those who didn't.
    Pioneer Backpacks and Freedom Arms. There were plenty of early warning signs, :-).

"Danger! Will Robinson! Danger!"

Originally posted by Graxxus
    Give fixer's a break funcom reduce the req on their nanos to something reasonable for their expected skill level. And give them a calm nano they need it. Giving a calm nano would be a bit unbalancing for an agent I suppose but for a dark blue nano skilled fixer they could use some more added functionality when they pull for a group. If you're not going to adjust the requirements of grid armor then you better not treat it as social armor.
    I take back almost all the nasty things I ever said about agents. It's bad when agents are even sticking up for us FC. YOU HEAR!

Originally posted by emACEme
    ANGER LEADS TO HATE

HATE LEADS TO SUFFERING

SUFFERING LEADS TO STAR WARS GALAXIES
    HAHAHA

Man suffering leads me to CANCELLING and leads me to NOT play any sh!t MMORPG for at least a year after it it out and debugged.

Re: If you're going to change LL Scopes, changed them game wide.

Originally posted by Dubh
    Older players should not have an advantage over newer players because they have an older scrope.. This will imbalance PvP.

Dubh
    Who pvps? seriously I am tired of everything being balanced for PvP and PvM is total chaos. The older players SHOULD have advantages...that is why you play the game through all the crap bugs etc...so you have SOME advantage over those who waited.

If I joined EQ today don't you think those who were there first are gonna have a HUGE advantage over me? think man, think!

Regarding the Grid Armor change, please read my post here.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Question

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Any comment regarding all the new Agent stuff dropping only from boss mob´s?
    I know this is a BIG issue with Agents...

Re: lol I'm a rock ...

Originally posted by Boomer
    Hmm

/me tabs and highlights a rock, interesting never done that before best shoot it to make sure.
    Well, firstly, you can't shoot the rock. To shoot someone you have to target them. Being in a hologram prevents you from being targeted by another player, unless of course they are in the hologram with you. By that time I'm sure the Agent would have picked you off with his/her rifle anyway if they are awake and not just sleeping in there.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Re: Re: lol I'm a rock ...

Well, firstly, you can't shoot the rock. To shoot someone you have to target them. Being in a hologram prevents you from being targeted by another player, unless of course they are in the hologram with you. By that time I'm sure the Agent would have picked you off with his/her rifle anyway if they are awake and not just sleeping in there.
    This make me very happy

Thx cosmik i needed a good laugh lol. Thx for more detailed info on the hologram. It does seem useful afterall...hmm kind of like a duck blind. How many people can hide in the hologram. Anyone feel like hunting some clanners?
    Graxulus Solitus Soldier Atlantean (RK1) - Current Main
    Graxas Solitus agent Atlantean
    Graxxus Opifex agent Atlantean
    Graxxius Atrox agent Rimor <Retired>

Re: Re: lol I'm a rock ...

I assume they will still be vulnerable to non-targetted AoE nanos? How about AoE burst?

I'm rooting the first agent I see as a tree. :]

Scorus

Question Hologram question for Cosmik

About the 'hologram' item....

Okay, sounds good. But more info is needed to determine just HOW useful it will be.....

Will it work indoors? If so, what form will you appear as? In cities? Also, what form in a city?

Will it work in a mission? If you can't be targetted while in 'hologram' mode, will mob that HAD you targetted LOSE you? This would be the perfect solution to the "get away, lose aggro, regain sneak" idea that has been kicked around.

Example:
    Agent in mission targets orange mob. Gets off aimshot, starts fighting mob. Mob starts getting lucky, now Agent is in trouble. Agent runs. Mob follows. Agent gets out of sight, and hits his "hologram projector" and suddenly no Agent to be seen, just another desk. Mob can't find agent. Mob shrugs, assumes Agent left mission, and forgets about it after a short while. Agent de-holograms, and finds mob again, and gets to try again before mob completely heals.....

Would be nice to do....so naturally, I doubt it will work this way.
    • Lvl48 Agent on RK1
    • 3D Graphics Programmer IRL
    • FORMER Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Programmer & Platform Manager (ERDAS, Inc.)

repost #4

Repost number 4 in this thread.

How about you guys finally add the 2HE MA req weapons that you personaly said were gonna be in the game before you nerfed MA's using non MA req weapons.

You (Cosmik) have not responded to any post where I asked when you were gonna do this and I have been waiting since you guys nerfed us to fix a bad FC patch for them to show up. Is this gonna happen in 14.2 or do I have to wait till the 20.0 series of patches for you guys to finally do what you said you would?

I stopped playing actively since this nerf/BS/lie the least you could do is respond.

How about you guys give me a reason to play this game. My main character is the only reason my account is still active. I want to play my MA I also want to play him as I designed him from day 1. You made a promise, you have till now broken said promise. Least that you could do as a customer service person is RESPOND!!!!!!

I don't think I'm asking for alot here. Just tell me when/why/WTF is up with 2he MA req weapons.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Re: Hologram question for Cosmik

Originally posted by Shylara
    About the 'hologram' item....

Okay, sounds good. But more info is needed to determine just HOW useful it will be.....

Will it work indoors? If so, what form will you appear as? In cities? Also, what form in a city?

Will it work in a mission? If you can't be targetted while in 'hologram' mode, will mob that HAD you targetted LOSE you? This would be the perfect solution to the "get away, lose aggro, regain sneak" idea that has been kicked around.

Example:
    Agent in mission targets orange mob. Gets off aimshot, starts fighting mob. Mob starts getting lucky, now Agent is in trouble. Agent runs. Mob follows. Agent gets out of sight, and hits his "hologram projector" and suddenly no Agent to be seen, just another desk. Mob can't find agent. Mob shrugs, assumes Agent left mission, and forgets about it after a short while. Agent de-holograms, and finds mob again, and gets to try again before mob completely heals.....

Would be nice to do....so naturally, I doubt it will work this way.
    This would actually be soooooooo cool
    Make the Agent an Agent!

Very nice.. I'm not a fixer, but I felt for their pain and your post shows at least one thing: you listened!
    It might not be all that's needed to make fixers happy (I'm not one, so I can't talk) - but it's a step in the right direction.

Now.... *hint, hint* what about listening to us agents as well???

Unhappy Docs need lovin'

*Introduced "The Repressor". This is an item usable by Agents only
    My doc dies A LOT because healing draws so much damn aggro that unless my team has a really good tank, the mobs stick on me and the team can't pull them off. The docs really need a toy like this, too.

*We have changed the Biomech Armour. Earlier its First Aid and Treatment bonuses would only take effect if you were a Doctor. From now on all professions will get this bonus.
    I can't help feeling that this is a little bit of a nerf for the docs. Treatment skill is one of the few things we have that other profs can't really match. Nobody wants my Treat buff because they can do better with OmniMed suits and Biomech armor. One thing that would really help Docs stand out and maybe help us make a little cash on tips for treatment buffs is if these items only increased Treat for Docs.

*All ammunition has been increased to have 100 charges. First Aid kits and Simple Nano Kits have been increased to have 25 charges.
    Mixed emotion. My doc goes thru Nano Kits like crazy so getting more for my money is very good for me. However, cheaper first aid means players need to team with a doc just a little bit less. All in all, a big advantage for everyone else but pretty much a wash for docs.

Please Funcom...Docs can't solo worth crap, except maybe for a few ubertwinks who report they're doing well. Team play is all we have. Other classes are good or better at health buffs and team healing so we aren't that valuable. We are not the undisputed masters of healing and treatment we were meant to be. We are sick of being poor, begging, and running to the hunting grounds while all our teammates are flying. Help!

Re: Docs need lovin'

Originally posted by Styzygy
    *Introduced "The Repressor". This is an item usable by Agents only
    My doc dies A LOT because healing draws so much damn aggro that unless my team has a really good tank, the mobs stick on me and the team can't pull them off. The docs really need a toy like this, too..
    So does everyone else.
    *All ammunition has been increased to have 100 charges. First Aid kits and Simple Nano Kits have been increased to have 25 charges.
    Mixed emotion. My doc goes thru Nano Kits like crazy so getting more for my money is very good for me. However, cheaper first aid means players need to team with a doc just a little bit less. All in all, a big advantage for everyone else but pretty much a wash for docs.
    It was explained elsewhere (don't remember where, exactly) that the per piece price of bullets, treatment kits, stims, and all that would remain the same, only the number of pieces per click has gone up.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Re: Docs need lovin'

*We have changed the Biomech Armour. Earlier its First Aid and Treatment bonuses would only take effect if you were a Doctor. From now on all professions will get this bonus.
    I can't help feeling that this is a little bit of a nerf for the docs. Treatment skill is one of the few things we have that other profs can't really match. Nobody wants my Treat buff because they can do better with OmniMed suits and Biomech armor. One thing that would really help Docs stand out and maybe help us make a little cash on tips for treatment buffs is if these items only increased Treat for Docs.

You're way off on this one. Nobody wants your treatment buff? Everyone who puts in implants needs your treatment buff if they want to max their implants. They wear a set of omnimed suits, >and< they get a doc's treatment buff, to wear the highest set of implants possible.

As for the change to Biomech armor, this is fairly meaningless for most professions, as the armor isn't the best and it requires psychic and stamina to wear.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast