Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 - Item Changes

14.2 - Item Changes

Item Changes:

*Introduced "The Repressor". This is an item usable by Agents only. Targeting a monster, and using this item will reduce the monster’s "hate" towards you. The item does not make the monster stop fighting you if you are alone, but it will increase the chance that it will switch to other targets when in a team.

*The Ritual Krys Knife is now no-drop.

*Weapons that can be dual-wielded with Martial Arts will now show the required Martial Arts skill, like the other multi-wield requirements. A weapon that does not show a Martial Arts multi-wield requirement cannot be dual-wielded with Martial Arts attacks.

*Fixed the description of the Face Graft nanos - they don't do damage so they shouldn't say they do damage. Advanced Face Graft is now faster to execute and is cheaper in nano points to execute than Face Graft.

*"Da Taunter" now has the correct range limit (shorter than before), and the damage has been reduced somewhat. This was done to prevent an exploit.

*We have changed the Biomech Armour. Earlier its First Aid and Treatment bonuses would only take effect if you were a Doctor. From now on all professions will get this bonus. The Armour Class on the Biomech Cloak has been increased somewhat, and we have fixed a bug so it will keep its shape after changing playfield.

*We have introduced hologram items for use by Agents. If they can find any... Agents have also got a new unit of clothing fit for the profession.

*Fixed the Assault-Class Tank Armour. It now generates the Absorb Shield nano correctly.

*The Fixer's Grid Armour incorrectly had no normal wear requirements. This has been fixed. The wear requirements for the armour are now the same as the summoning requirements.

*You may now be lucky enough to pick up new back items that give bonuses like an Armour Cloak, but without giving you a cloak look. Hopefully people who don't want to wear cloaks, but instead display the armour normally hidden underneath will appreciate these.

*A whole lot of unique items have been added to drop from the Team Mission bosses only.

*New version of Low Light Targeting Scope has been made. This has no night-vision effect, and a lower critical increase buff. The old one will no longer drop, but will stay in the game. Treasure the ones already there...

*Updated Battle Suits and Tank Armour. The Battle Suits and Tank Armour had several flaws, which are now fixed. We have drastically reduced the additional cost on executing nano formulas when using the Tank Armour and the Battle Suits. This scales down with level so that high-level ones cost less. Also we have reduced the price on these items so that people can, hopefully, afford them.

*Fixed a problem with the Customised IMI Desert Reet 1000 pistol. It should now perform the Flashpoint Burn effect correctly (there is a random chance of it happening with each attack).

*Fixed three pieces of DeCranum's Armour (MK II Pants and Gloves and the MK I Helmet) - they all now correctly modify Energy AC.

*We have removed the UNIQUE property of all Martial Arts special attacks. You can now carry as many as you like of each type.

*All ammunition has been increased to have 100 charges. First Aid kits and Simple Nano Kits have been increased to have 25 charges. The price of these items has not changed. This will not affect any ammunition or kits you currently own, only new ones.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Re: 14.2 - Item Changes

Originally posted by Cosmik
    *Introduced "The Repressor". This is an item usable by Agents only. Targeting a monster, and using this item will reduce the monster’s "hate" towards you. The item does not make the monster stop fighting you if you are alone, but it will increase the chance that it will switch to other targets when in a team.
    I've been asking for this for Docs for MONTHS.

Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Item Changes:

*We have introduced hologram items for use by Agents. If they can find any... Agents have also got a new unit of clothing fit for the profession.

*New version of Low Light Targeting Scope has been made. This has no night-vision effect, and a lower critical increase buff. The old one will no longer drop, but will stay in the game. Treasure the ones already there...

Hologram Items?? What are those? For what use? No, I don't want *all* the details, but at this point I'm so extremely upset about the agent nerfs that the little *toys* you might be throwing us won't do it to keep me.
    Guess I'll reroll an MA.

Low Light Targeting Scopes - well just great - I hope it's effects on ini aren't as harsh as well?
    This is bad... cause there are still plenty ppl (especially in PvP) who are running around with high *old-time* low-light scopes, thus giving them an advantage that the rest of us will *never* have.

All these desperate changes to make profs and game-play more balanced will *not* succeed if the only classes that stand a chance to survive will be docs, ma's and traders..
    Fun? Not!!!!!

Re: Re: 14.2 - Item Changes

Originally posted by Vrach

YES for docs! WANT!

Frawk

Re: Re: Re: 14.2 - Item Changes

Originally posted by Frawk

YES for docs! WANT!

Frawk
    :-)

"Lets see... what profession is aggro most commonly pulled from... what is the one prof in the group that people protect with their lives above all others... Oh, I know! AGENTS!"

/me coughs

I mean, c'mon. This isn't something that will "unbalance" anything... won't touch PvP at all, and will make teaming a bit more fun.

Anyway, it is another skill that Docs don't touch that often...

Re: Re: Re: Re: 14.2 - Item Changes

:-)

"Lets see... what profession is aggro most commonly pulled from... what is the one prof in the group that people protect with their lives above all others... Oh, I know! AGENTS!"

/me coughs

I mean, c'mon. This isn't something that will "unbalance" anything... won't touch PvP at all, and will make teaming a bit more fun.

Anyway, it is another skill that Docs don't touch that often...
    Agents needs this because we have DARK BLUE body dev and DARK BLUE evades, and do a lot of damage. Therefore we pull aggro a lot and go down faster then anyone.. The other all-offense class, the NTs, can at least calm the mobs... This isn't as good as mezz but will probably help in surviving in teams.. (unless this is another camp-feist BS item like all the other new agent items seem to be)...
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

Item Changes:

*We have removed the UNIQUE property of all Martial Arts special attacks. You can now carry as many as you like of each type.

What about Flurry of Blows?

Being unique, you can't buy one from a store while wearing it, cant pick one up from mission loot without deleting the old one first.
    Last edited by VdpMeat; Apr 27th, 2002 at 11:14:52.
    VdpMeat ex-MA Engie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 14.2 - Item Changes

Originally posted by Third Eye

Agents needs this because we have DARK BLUE body dev and DARK BLUE evades, and do a lot of damage. Therefore we pull aggro a lot and go down faster then anyone.. The other all-offense class, the NTs, can at least calm the mobs... This isn't as good as mezz but will probably help in surviving in teams.. (unless this is another camp-feist BS item like all the other new agent items seem to be)...
    I know, I heal agents reguarly. :-)

I didn't say take it from them - I said that it makes sense for Docs to have one, too. Our evades aren't terribly hot, and we draw a lot of aggro. It would be nice to help the poor tanks up there get shot at more.

pre 14.2 fixers could be viable if the were lucky and got grid armour.
    post 14.2 fixers cant be viable, even with grid armour. i bet you guys got really concerned when you heard about a fixer killing a yellow mob eh?

Nerf fixers, they are too uber!
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

What is the point of making Krys Knives nodrop?

Return the xp penality for 8-30, and allow us our Krys Knives for our twinks.

What this does is allow real newbies to appreciate the power of scanning, but lets the vets "skip past" the newbies levels by using a Krys Knife.

Squick
    DrSquick - 134 Doc
    BloodSquick - 104 agent
    BrainSquick - 59 Crat
    Others: 42 NT, 27 MA, 14 Eng, 30 Enf

Item Changes:

Originally posted by JimSalabim (Funcom talks about.. Fixers
    This decision has resulted in the current, gradual introduction of better SMGs. The problem is that since we do not have a good support for "de-taunts", we cannot make them too powerful either - it would result in Fixers taunting every monster on them instead of Enforcers or Soldiers. The Fixer is normally not a suitable "tank" player...

Hologram Items... If this is in any way related to creating doubles of yourself to confuse MOBs, you just stol yet another idea from the Fixer boards.

Agents also got a new unit of clothing fit for the profession?
    Yet overhauling the coats sold in the Fixer-Shop is to much effort?

*The Fixer's Grid Armour incorrectly had no normal wear requirements. This has been fixed. The wear requirements for the armour are now the same as the summoning requirements.
    Not only can we not self-cast a QL 93 Nano (Grid Armor) by level 130, but also we will not be able to wear / cast / use our CLASS DEFINING ITEM in the appropriate Level-range after this change.

*You may now be lucky enough to pick up new back items that give bonuses like an Armour Cloak, but without giving you a cloak look. Hopefully people who don't want to wear cloaks, but instead display the armour normally hidden underneath will appreciate these.
    Like they appreciated "Large Sparkle Plates" so far... well they no longer will, since I bet my ass these will be ALOT better than the stuff from the fixer shop.

*Updated Battle Suits and Tank Armour. .........
    Also we have reduced the price on these items so that people can, hopefully, afford them..
    Selling Battlesuits for Cash gain is no longer a valid method of accumulating credits then. People afford Battlesuits by Price, eh? What shop did you sell those in again? This is a CASH NERF and nothing else.

*All ammunition has been increased to have 100 charges. First Aid kits and Simple Nano Kits have been increased to have 25 charges. The price of these items has not changed. This will not affect any ammunition or kits you currently own, only new ones.
    Summon Ammo anybody?
    Zack "Raik" Brumble - "Boom Hippie Bye Bye, the Raik is back!"

I dunno what's the big deal about casting nanos that have some numbers close to your lvl number. At lvl 200 my engineer will have problems casting some QL 166 nanos. QL of the nano crystal exists only for server to place the correct price on the nano when you try to sell/buy it and to offer it as a reward in the correct mission difficulty range.

Maybe i'm slowly gettin tired of hearing "OMG! I'm lvl 200 enforcer and I can only cast a QL 152 nano, we suxx0r"

Originally posted by Krneki
    I dunno what's the big deal about casting nanos that have some numbers close to your lvl number. At lvl 200 my engineer will have problems casting some QL 166 nanos. QL of the nano crystal exists only for server to place the correct price on the nano when you try to sell/buy it and to offer it as a reward in the correct mission difficulty range.

Maybe i'm slowly gettin tired of hearing "OMG! I'm lvl 200 enforcer and I can only cast a QL 152 nano, we suxx0r"
    This is not a run buff. It is our 'class defining Item'.
    And we will need to meet insane (for a lvl 93 Nano AND our Dark Blue nano skills) requirements TO WEAR IT.

I am lvl 133 now - I have NO WAY to self cast MK II, which already started to fail me in terms of granting the 'protection' that grid armor is supposed to.

Maybe I'm slowly getting tired of being a broken class for 133 Levels now.

Re: Re: 14.2 - Item Changes

Funcom said they liked the idea of crats getting this months ago. Guess they meant those poor agents...

Scorus

It will end up going to everyone except the one prof everyone tries to pull aggro from. :-)

do you have 6 dark blue nano skills and have to raise all 6 of them to use your 'unique' nano abilities??

no, you dont

I am pretty sure that if we compared an enies ql166 nano with a fixer ql166 nano we would find that no only does the fixer have dark blue skills to raise, the requirements would be higher to cast that nano.

we are ranting because funcom have ****ed fixers yet again without fixing us first

they gave us a nano, with yet another dark blue skill to use. this nano made the fixer actually playable again. we no longer had to have a team with us to kill a green mob or run in fear of those nasty grey mobs.
    we could actually solo again.

they took this nano and made is stupidly rare. so only a few fixers could be soloable again and those who found it had to fork out millions upon millions of credits and then spend levels dumping ip into nano skills in order to be able to get mochams to summon it and store it in the bank.

Now, we have to have the insanely high requirements in order to wear the thing, meaning.. basicly we are screwed yet again.

fixers will yet again run from the grey mobs because by the time you can actually self cast grid armour it is obsolete and pointless

well done funcom, yet another way of screwing fixers

please THINK about the effects, and READ the boards before you make any changes that are going to effect a profession in such a big way

OR fix the damn profession before you make it worse!
    nice plan eh?
    actually make us playable before you take away the one thing that made us playable in the first place

/me is pissed

Nice to know fixers didn't have their defining thing implemented 6 months after the release.

I have to raise about 10 dark blue skills thank you very much for your concern, 3 of them being nano skills.

I have to raise about 10 dark blue skills thank you very much for your concern, 3 of them being nano skills.
    To levels 700+ in order to be viable? or for convinience?

well there you have it folks, fixers can solo just as well as engis. no seriously, why are you laughing?

krneki, you may have trouble casting a Q166 nano at lvl 200, but fixers have trouble casting a Q20 nano at 50...
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast