Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 - Over Equipping

14.2 - Over Equipping

Over Equipping:

More info to come. In the meanwhile, those who haven't already read the articles written about this change by Game Director Gaute Godager can do so here, and here.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

The only thing I have to say about the OE patch is it is going to hurt some classes much more then others...

Excluding pet classes agents are really getting hit hard this patch...

Agent rifles are some of the lowest damaging weapons per QL of any weapon there is, so the only way we can "survive" is by massivly over equipping.

Well now heal pets are being taken away for level 100+ soloing, and the crit buff and damage buffs are both team-mission drops only, so less then 1% of all agents will have them.

Unless you make nanos available to all, they can not be considered a "buff" for agents.

How about you only remove high level heal pets for agent's that get the new nanos?

Squick
    DrSquick - 134 Doc
    BloodSquick - 104 agent
    BrainSquick - 59 Crat
    Others: 42 NT, 27 MA, 14 Eng, 30 Enf

I don't really get it. Some agents say their weapons suck some say they deal too much dmg (like this guy here ), so they need that new "de-aggro" device.

At a high level game, when I can self-equip any rifle in the game, our rifles suck. Lower level agents, that knew how to uber equip the rifles, would pull aggro in missions for pulling off an occasional uber aimed shot, and would usually die against very tuff mobs.

I mission with players my level or higher, and hardly ever pull aggro unless I Death's Gaze them, so I think this "de-aggro" device is more for the lower leves, although I will have one myself.

Yes the OE patch will hurt some lower level agents. The only reasons agents at lower levels dish out the damage they do, is because the shoehorn the uber high QL rifles in to stay competetive with everyone else thier level. I just hope that FC has added some better rifles in the game.
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

"Only n00bs whine about twinks"

The Edge of the Tarasque, 1249 2he req. No one will be able to use this after OE patch, so Jim salabim promised enforcers a proper 2he buff (this buff is sorely needed since 2he enf totally suck compared to Atrox beamers anyway). This 2he buff has to be implemented or some of you nice new content will be nothing but garbage.

2he buff for enforcers or the OE patch will hurt the already weak enforcers way more than the powerful ones.

2he buff for enforcers...

Wolfe

Originally posted by Wolfe
    The Edge of the Tarasque, 1249 2he req. No one will be able to use this after OE patch, so Jim salabim promised enforcers a proper 2he buff (this buff is sorely needed since 2he enf totally suck compared to Atrox beamers anyway). This 2he buff has to be implemented or some of you nice new content will be nothing but garbage.

2he buff for enforcers or the OE patch will hurt the already weak enforcers way more than the powerful ones.

2he buff for enforcers...

Wolfe
    Bump!
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

"Only n00bs whine about twinks"

this whole OE thing isn't enough as far as i'm concerned. I just don't get what the big stink is all about anyway.

ok, pets go into /pet behind mode when whatever buffs the owner has wear off making pet totally useless untill rebuffed. this is good as far as i'm concerened because it prevents engineers mostly from paying outrageous amounts of $$ to mp's and traders for buffs and keeps them from soloing 100% missions with a pet 2 or 3 times their level. it also promotes teamwork for the engi. making game more enjoyable in the long-run.

mp's are not at all affected by this since they can just self cast their own buffs anyway. this is bad and needs to be fixed somehow, either by making nano's for all other pet classes along the lines of infuses or mochams, or removing some of the mp nanos and giving to other trades. in my opinion that would promote mp teamwork since then they too finally would need something only another person can give them.

as for OE'd weapons users this is where i have the biggest problem. come on! if buffs wear off and you are over 20% over-equipped why in the world would the weapon still work for you? so what if it's at a reduced rate, it still works. pets don't work at all, and neither do nano programs that you get buffed to upload if buffs wear off. somebody, please tell me the logic in weapons still working when you don't have the skill to use them.

all in all i give the oe patch a thumbs up, but it isn't complete. take the functionality of weapons away completely when skills aren't met, that would even the playfield especially in pvp.

hehe

As if us pet classes were not already gimped in PvP/

step 1. Root pet.
    Step 2. Mezz it.
    Step 3. Debuff caster
    Step 4. Pet no longer listens so kill caster while pet just stands there.

Trader not gonna have a problem debuffing that MP mocham. and they only need to debuff one But since they can debuff multiple skills in an insta-cast, MP with mocham is dead. Engy is extra-dead now that they can't keep up more then an even pet.
    LOL. Have fun with with this POS guys. I'm done.

/Cancel

You need this...

To make OE check ONLY attacking skills, and NOT secondary special skills.

As an example, your flingshot rating should not be checked for OE'ing weapons. Only your pistol skill should.

It does not make sense that I will use my pistol worse then I do now because my flingshot skill is not as high.

If you want to lower the damage on burst/flingshot ATTACKS, then fine, but they should not be dependant on one another.

Great. Just great. "Traders just have to keep your wrangles going." With the backlash effect, I'll have to wrangle.. completely re-ransack and wrangle again. Maybe 3 mins or wrangle time followed by 3 minutes of prep time... not acceptable for a team wanting to keep their weapons hot. This is just an example of using the live server as a TEST server... put it in the way it is, see how it works and take it from there. Is that what the test server is for? I completely agree with the OE patch but now you are just killing the trader class, dead... untill someone wakes up and realizes four patches down the line that something needs to be done. Trader are "taking one for the team" on this one. I'm not going to cry wolf and say "if this happens I'll quit!" I will tell you this, in a few months SWG and AC2 will be making an appearance and FC... this doesn't put you very high in the running for my money when the competition starts. I don't even know why I'm bothering to post as you won't change a damn thing, just know you are NOT thinking this out properly and it's pissing me off. You KNOW you're going to have to increase wrangle time to make it worth anything, just do it and stop this playing it safe nonsense. So thanks for nothing FunCom, or you can increase the length of wrangles (you know...you so know you're going to need to) JUST DO IT.

Thumbs down

Okay, about agents doing all the damage(read this in a different string but has to do more with OE). Well, we do hit pretty hard, but it's only fair as everyone else. The game in my opinion is pretty well balanced as is, and i think the OE patch is a bad idea and a good idea. Bad idea to general players, good idea for stupid EXPLOITERS! Anyway, well my agent(lvl100) dies within 1-2 hits, fact being i have to upgrade two DARK BLUE skills to upgrade my HP and now having to upgrade other dark blue skills, oh say fling shot and shotgun for example to not be OE for the next patch isn't well, let's say...helping much. And i rarely ever get aggro in a team being my agent, although i do crit for about 2k with a buff, i honestly don't feel i do more damage than anyone else in my team. I mean of course there is that OCCASIONAL aim shot for 5k+ but i still feel that agents are going to be one of the hardest, if not the hardest hit in the OE patch. Though before you nerfed implants(replacing one that had the skill you needed) i had never thought about quiting. I mean, taking out twinking all together, well not even twinking, taking out equipping altogether is just outrageous. So now i get the feeling your only as good as the next person your level and i don't see the point in this game anymore. Of course i am going to stay with the game just to see what it's like, but if i don't like it i'm gone =/ In my opinion and many others i have talked to, your ruining the game, of course that's our opinion but i had no problem with the OE patch untill the implant nerf. I am just gonna say this plain and simple, although i know it makes no difference to anyone ESPECIALLY funcom who can care less about their customers (trust me i know) and no matter how much you say you care about us, all they really want is our money. if the OE patch is a mistake i just HOPE that they realize it and will re-implement either the implants or take out the OE consequences. If this is so, i hate to say it because it's something i really dont want to do is leaving AO -=(

Stop and think

As the chap from dads army would say "dont panic !!!!"

First its not as if all weapons are effected by this patch only the people that vasly over equip will be hit. I mean with basic skills, + implants + buffs then another 20 % on top thats quite a bit.

Also its not as if the wep stops working if you go above 20% or blows up in your face the damage becomes less thats all. Its hardly going to make that much difference in combat.

All teams need a bit of rest between mods for docs and others to nano pack up etc and thats when the traders can rebuff the weps. I find it hard to believe a trader has a problem casing a nano every few minutes when docs and nts case one about every 20 seconds.

Pets they will always finish combat before stoping so the danger is not really there. For engineers/crat you can have one pet in use and a low QL pet in your inventory as back up. If the pet does go behind terminate it and active the next one simple see.

Sadly i believe mps will need to recast, but given you have 3 pets and are rather uber self buffing you should have have to much of the problem.

P v P with traders I think this could be an issue not due to the debuffs as such but the nano resist skill is broken making it impossible to break the nano. If this was fixed I think it would help. I am no expert on p v p but the first thing i would do is debuff the trades skills.

Re: Stop and think

Originally posted by Kirrana
    As the chap from dads army would say "dont panic !!!!"

First its not as if all weapons are effected by this patch only the people that vasly over equip will be hit. I mean with basic skills, + implants + buffs then another 20 % on top thats quite a bit.

Also its not as if the wep stops working if you go above 20% or blows up in your face the damage becomes less thats all. Its hardly going to make that much difference in combat.

All teams need a bit of rest between mods for docs and others to nano pack up etc and thats when the traders can rebuff the weps. I find it hard to believe a trader has a problem casing a nano every few minutes when docs and nts case one about every 20 seconds.

Pets they will always finish combat before stoping so the danger is not really there. For engineers/crat you can have one pet in use and a low QL pet in your inventory as back up. If the pet does go behind terminate it and active the next one simple see.

Sadly i believe mps will need to recast, but given you have 3 pets and are rather uber self buffing you should have have to much of the problem.

P v P with traders I think this could be an issue not due to the debuffs as such but the nano resist skill is broken making it impossible to break the nano. If this was fixed I think it would help. I am no expert on p v p but the first thing i would do is debuff the trades skills.
    Well its taken them too long to fix the game. Right now I'm personally cancelled with one more month to go. Nothing new to funcom tho...who have lost thousands of customers because of their inability to produce a quality product. I'm done waiting for them to "fix" the game that should have been "fixed" within the first month of release at the ABSOLUTE latest.

One more thing to comment on....Agent damage sux without PvP in mind. However...a well built agent in PvP is untouchable to melee classes. Actually...to be honest with you....melee classes (enforcers and MA's) were a stupid idea to implement in the game in general. Both are easily rooted...an enforcer can use rage to break roots at higher lvls...but the lower lvl enforcer rage is BROKE and does not work. MA's need to use a general debuff to break root. and yes...you can break """A""""" root with it but the problem is there is almost no dly on roots. So they just keep chain casting it and shooting once or twice between chain casts. So basically the melee is an easy target for ANY rooting class. And since the agent or crat...or trader or whatever cheap rooting class you want to talk about, uses their LOWEST ql root, the stream of roots is endless.

Soldiers on the other hand...go ahead root away. They are not helpless while rooted. ANd they have a green run bar. Wherea's Enforcers have blue run bars. (Kinda stupid...considering the Soldier does not even have to get close to the target to do damage.) And as suppossidly ranged fighters...tell me one soldier who is at a disadvantage if you get him at close range? Exactly...they suffer no penalty for being close to their target at all. But enforcers and MA's suffer HUGE penalties for not being close to their target. (The penalty being no damage at all.)

A chain rooted MA is a dead MA, and in a game based on PvP...like I said before...should have BALANCED classes wherea's any class Vs ANY OTHER CLASS should make both parties at least break a sweat. (except maybe traders, I mean comeone...how often does the merchant step away from his shop or walk away from the deal he is trying to close for a quick 10 minute tour-de-owning at the arena? Traders should be exactly that...a trade skill class. Much like the engineer who is not viable at PvP at all, which is fine...but for gods sake at least compensate for some trade skills.)

U want to do well in PvP? You really got two choices...Trader or Soldier. Granted...other classes do well....but eather one of these classes are flatout the best class to play in PvP. WHICH IS GAY. Everyone should have a weakness and advantage. My opinions: (Not that they matter, or that Funcom cares. Since when did Funcom give a damn about their customers?)

1. Soldiers should suffer a ranged penalty of some sort at close range. I mean they are suppossed to be ranged damage dealers right??? Besides...if you LIVE long enough to get close to the soldier...I feel you should get some type of bonus for accomplishing the near impossible.

2. At least make a delay on the roots. Or make is so ALL damage breaks them. Or both even. Chainrooting is a pure PvP killer.

3. What advantages are there to play an MA over an Enforcer? The enforcer with a hammer within 10% of his lvl will flat out **** a MA. Because of the HP difference. Perhaps the MA throws out slightly more damage...but its a joke with the damage caps. Besides...a lvl 100 hammer is still a lvl 100 hammer...even if a lvl 100 enforcer is weilding it. And its still gonna hurt. Give something to the MA to turn away damage...or do something about the Deflection-shields-that-never-work.

4. FOR GODS SAKE FIX THE NT. I don't personally play the NT but what a bull**** class. Fix them or put them out of their misery and simply remove the class from the game. The NT gives absolutely NOTHING to a group except a reason for the Engy to use his summon. Life expectancy after an NT nuke>>>>1 second. And the damage is not even that impressive. Adventurers do need a fix too...but their fix is not the REDESIGN you need to do like with the NT.

5. K now its the adventurers turn. ) What real use does this class serve other then added damage for when you can't find another enforcer? I mean granted..its fun to play as a saber for the first 5 minutes...but there is no real benefit to the 30+ burned NCU. Adventurer buffs are a waste. Its suppossed to be a travel related class...but why are they in a game in which 97% of the higher lvl population has yalms?? I mean how many people do you see in Tir screaming for Pit Lizard buff because they need to get to a mission by the air? NONE. Because everyone just hops in their yalms and goes. Besides what lvl do adventurers get this buff BTW? I mean jesus..I got my yalm at lvl 30. FIX IT OR REMOVE IT.

6. PvP. Ahh yes...the HEART of my irritation. THe reason this game is such a piece of crap. FIX IT OR REMOVE IT. I mean good god...why is there even a clan and omni side when everyone is chilling in the city of home sharing exp? I mean ya...now its a little more side based after 14.0 but not much. I see omni and clan "bros" hanging around buffing eachother at MMD. WTF is that??? WHy is a omni even CAPABLE of buffing a clan???/ (and vice versa of course) Matter of fact in my opinion their should be NO communication between clan and omni AT ALL. YES this includes the omni/clan friendly shopbot. (What a stupid ass, BS, Last minute, Roleplay killing idea that was.)

7. Arenas. Arena's promote ganking. Period. Stop in game communication between clan and omni, make EVERYTHING 25% and implement a dueling system. That way...if someone wants a 1 on 1 duel, they can have it. And if they want to go to the arena, and be ganked by fellow clanners they can do that too. Also 25% in all zones would stop that annoying lvl 30 omni from sitting in the 75% at Tir arena calling all of us stanky clanners with no reprecussion.

AHHH yes. I can go on and on and on. But I'm not, I'm jsut gonna cancel and wait for the next game. Like the thousands of customers who have already cancelled their AO account, and saved themselves the frustration. This happens enough..there will be no AO. But I will watch these boards...and watch the game slowly fall apart like it has been doing. Who knows...maybe Funcom will pull it together. (But then pigs could fly after hell freezes over while snowing on the fourth of july.)

I bought this game for the war aspect of it. I like the idea of PvP and fighting Omni/Clan. But this has not been recognized...even now the PvP system sucks.

"this whole OE thing isn't enough as far as i'm concerned. I just don't get what the big stink is all about anyway.

ok, pets go into /pet behind mode when whatever buffs the owner has wear off making pet totally useless untill rebuffed. this is good as far as i'm concerened because it prevents engineers mostly from paying outrageous amounts of $$ to mp's and traders for buffs and keeps them from soloing 100% missions with a pet 2 or 3 times their level. it also promotes teamwork for the engi. making game more enjoyable in the long-run. "

I am wondering why you care what anybody else can do solo? As for promoting teamwork, not everybody can team all the time, shouldn't soloing be a viable alternative? I played a game for a very long time that 'promoted teamwork' by making certain classes 'required' for teams, with the upshot being that those of us that can play maybe 3 hours a day often spent the majority of that time seeking those 'required' classes. It was not fun.

"mp's are not at all affected by this since they can just self cast their own buffs anyway. this is bad and needs to be fixed somehow, either by making nano's for all other pet classes along the lines of infuses or mochams, or removing some of the mp nanos and giving to other trades. in my opinion that would promote mp teamwork since then they too finally would need something only another person can give them."

Again, why nerf a profession that is able to operate independently? Might it not be a good idea to aim for making all professions be on that same ground?

"as for OE'd weapons users this is where i have the biggest problem. come on! if buffs wear off and you are over 20% over-equipped why in the world would the weapon still work for you? so what if it's at a reduced rate, it still works. pets don't work at all, and neither do nano programs that you get buffed to upload if buffs wear off. somebody, please tell me the logic in weapons still working when you don't have the skill to use them."

But you do have the skill to use them, at least in part. Have you ever gotten 79 percent on a test? Did you feel you just as well may have gotten a 0? Twenty percent is A LOT at higher levels, so only the lower ones will be impacted by this at all, and they'd be punished even more, both armor and weapons wise, if usability was reduced to 0. Maybe that seems like fun to you, it doesn't to me. I still think this is a game, where having fun is the primary goal.

"all in all i give the oe patch a thumbs up, but it isn't complete. take the functionality of weapons away completely when skills aren't met, that would even the playfield especially in pvp."

Ah, the lightbulb goes on over my head. PvP is a miniscule portion of the game for the majority of players, and 'balancing' that aspect will never happen, of course, because it never can happen. But the infinite search for that balancing will continue, and will lead to endless nerfing of whichever profession of the month seems to have the upper hand.

Personally, I'm for it.

I realize that OE has been a part of the game since day one... but I think it has been broken since day one. I won't miss it... but then, I've intentionally avoided OEing. I don't pry myself into my stuff... I get into it by throwing on a single 12pt stat buff (at most) and then putting on the armor or weapon. Period. This wasn't for lack of understanding OE... it was by choice.

OE is one of the biggest reasons, in fact, that I have always avoided PvP like the plague. With the OE changes, I think folks will at least TRY PvP... and the l337 players will still rack it up, but at least others will feel they have a shot (even if they don't).

I think this change is good for the game. I'm sorry to see some folks leave the game over it, but honestly perhaps those folks needed to go anyway.

Just my opinion...

My only real concern is that my NT will be totally broken by being debuffed. Of course, my NT feels pretty shaky anyway . . .

Trust me, your NT is...

My 54 NT is damn shaky if I don't have someone around to suck up the damage for me... I know the feeling...

Good to see that there will finally be a patch to nerf those overpowered adventurers.

The overequipping changes will see to it that they don't wield a high QL weapon since they don't have any weapon buffs of their own that they can keep up full time and their weapons have some of the highest reqs of any in the game.

The critical buff changes will see to it that their pistols which can only be competitive with enormous critical hit buffs are absolutely and completely unusable in any circumstances.

Double whammie! Excellent.

Smile OE is OK with me

I have 2 characters in Rubi-Ka

1. 148 Advent - All armor I can equip myself, I have a Q200 Rider and a Q178 Rider. The Q200 I need a small wrangle to get on (but still within 20%) and the Q178 I can self-equip.

2. 123 Doctor - All armor and weapons self-equipable.

So, OE has ZERO, nada, NO effect on me. Why? Besides the Armor / Weapon issues - if a trader mob / player debuffs me - I already can't use some nano's and my weapons are less effective.

I sympathize with the pet classes that won't be able to make their killing machines at such lower levels now. I have NO sympathy for people equipping Q200 weapons at level 105. Join the rest of the crowd that doesn't OE. I think this combined with the IP reset is a great thing to bring some sanity back to the game.

*Let the flames begin*
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

Hear hear

I'm with ya Nursebetti/Isard

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast