Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 14.2 - IP Reallocation Implemented

Another positive change...
    ...we think.

does anyone know off the top of their head how long we will get to keep these initial IPR points? (I know more will be allocated with each title level but can I say leave 25 IPR points on my char indefinitely or will they expire after a week or two?)

Hopefully they will give you more IPR points every time a major patch is released. That imo is a good idea.

Not all that useful, but certainly a help for those

...who really need it due to nerfs.

My lvl 151 soldier was my second character (My first never got past lvl 10..heh).
    There are certainly some mistakes make on him, but none that really make a difference. Ok... I have 121 swimming and even bow special attack on him, but does it make any difference?

When I passed 150 I had 130.000 IP to spend due to caps of all sorts. I have managed my ip usage carefully since lvl 50ish.

The only reason I might want to deequip all my stuff is if FC nerfs some weapon or other (while thats a very likely proposition, I doubt it will affect the major skills needed as a soldier)

I personally see the IPR as fairly useless to most players. And your initial character should be a learning experience...so you you can build your next character just the way you want it.

I never expected Bear0ne to be as good as he has turned out, there were no guides for soldiers in august last year. I guess I was lucky, but getting a few hundred ip back wont help me at all.

Again, those profs (like ADV) who got nerfed NEED this change, but as for the rest?..... well... I know a few MA`s that will be using IEC`s after IPR......but is that really useful?
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Finallt its here, DO NOT CHANGE the implementation. My lvl 82 NT can sure use some adjustments. A very positive game change that most players will love rather than hate.

One major question though

IP Reallocation is a good thing... long overdue. However, it will also expose their IP-eating bug that is most assuredly there (see this thread... http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=18337)

My big question is what are they going to do about the hundreds of thousands of lost IPs? Will they restore characters to their proper IP total if asked? Will it happen automatically when you "undo" a skill? Or, as some players have theorized, will FC simply go "oops, sorry bout that... no, those IP are now lost forever"?

Obviously, they must fix this bug... there really isn't a larger bug in the game (anything that permanently damages your characters stats is the definition of a top importance bug). However, I'm very curious what they will do for those of us affected by it (I'm wagering most of us are).

Cosmik?

It will seem to show that the bug is definatley there. I read the refrence to the other post and all i have to say is DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

But for those that have lost the IP then this will seem to be a good thing. FC will get a **** pot load of complaints that don't have anything to do with rule changes, silent nerfs, or nothing but crappy programming. LOL..then again that is another reason for everyone to uneqip everything. If for no other reason then to finally get the word that FC is screwing the general populus.

cant wait for this, this is the best part of the patch by far.

A question.

It says in Gaute's article that everyone will get 92 IPR points in 14.2. These will be temporary. OK, that's fine.

Now, IPR points will be awarded upon gaining a title level. OK, cool.

Also, IPR points will awarded retroactively. So a level 50 character at time 14.2 comes out will get the IPR points for title level 50 and title level 15. OK, all cool so far.

Now, the question. Are these points gained on a title level permenent ?

Creala,

154 NT RK2.

Since the IPR points will be awarded simular to the IP points we recieve now, they should stay until you use them.

(edit) this only refers to the IPR points awarded due to gaining a title, the 90 we all get from the patch will go away at some point...

Umm, after the 90 free points go away why not make it so new people can kinda screw around with their character and learn then allow them to purchase like 90 IPR points from......anywhere.....like a button or something so they can do it from anywhere and it would deduct a sufficeant ammount of Credits from them and they can re-do their character how they want to, having learned what kind of stuff they want. Without having to redo and create a new character to make to their liking.

Buying the 90 or so IRP points would only be a 1 time thing. No buying them 3 times simply because you have the credits........

Hey, There are some (me included) that wonders what happens if we wear a "Ring of IQ"???
    Will we be able tu un-wear it for that period of time???

And will one have to remove ones implants as well???

Please respond to this...

MrEvil

Umm, no offence. But im a newbi and I even know what will happen.

You will get an answer if you just read the articles from the producer........

Oki, so the implants need to be gone...

BUT thats doesn´t answer my first question about "Ring of IQ", does it????

One can not un-wear that ring until one reach lvl 190!

So please respond FC...

MrEvil
    Prepare for Battle!!!I... I see.... Aliens....
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...
    People dont kill peoples in Rubi-ka, Lag does!

Ok, meabie I didnt really make what I meant clear.

READ it dont SKIM it. It has your answer. They will make it so you can remove it with the IP Reset.

Also, BTW! There are TWO articles

What about templates now?

I meant for this to be a reply to this sticky thread and accidentally posted a new thread.

It is usually the fact in mmorpgs that the best templates are usually the ones that are harder to play in the beginning. What is going to happne once you get IPR?

Are templates going to spring up based around this fact. Say for instance an agent that puts all his points int MA and First aid for the first 40 levels and then yanks them all out to put into say shotgun until level 150.

I think it kind of takes something away from the strategy of the game making the game almost too easy. Skills like first aid that pay off in the beginning and then are made useless in the end allow for a kind of determining factor in the game. Do you play it the easy way and level up with first aid, or do you hold out for the end game and hang onto those valuable ips?

It definitely, if nothing else, devalues the IP by alot.

Well, I guess that's one advantage...

... to the IP eating bug. If you keep moving your IP from skill to skill, you'll end up without IP eventually

In theory, shouldn't every level 100 (or anyother level) have the same number of IP once reseted ?

I am curious for a few things, I remember when I started and got my first skill capp, I was able t save my IP and invest alot more then one level into capped skills, once the title was reached and capped unlocked. I know you can t do that anymore, so in theory, either I capped earlier onced they fixed it or I won t be able to raise my skills as high as they are now if I reset!

Ander

Originally posted by Mrevil
    BUT thats doesn´t answer my first question about "Ring of IQ", does it????
    they are making them removable
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast