Thread: Skill lock + soldier = combo?

Skill lock + soldier = combo?

just wanted to know if skill lock implants really work as far as burst recharge and other important specials are concerned. Currantly my soldier has a 12s burst recharge on Div9 w/ 860sh Burst skill. Wondering if i implant a shiny skill lock implant will it go down to 9-10s.

I also heard that these implants dont even work. You get a please wait msg or something. anyone know whats up with that?
    Ragemonster - Omni Enforcer - Godfather/War Maniac

There seems to be a lot of confusion about burst recharges and skill lock implants. I can only say that skill lock clusters do not work with perks, however they do work with treatment and first aid kits. Many people say that you cannot have burst recharge faster than 10sec (hard cap) and only way to achieve faster recharge is to use skill lock clusters. But i have my boosted fury at 8sec recharge now with one single 3% skill lock cluster so it cannot be correct that cap is 10sec as it would not lower it to 8sec (and for those that say it's not possible or that i time it wrong i will perform test today or tomorrow to prove that i do have 8sec on boosted fury and 10sec on div9).

This lets me to believe that there is no 10sec hard cap on burst (or that it does not work the way most people seem to think, maybe instead of being 10sec for every weapon it works like a baseline and then any particular weapon can modify that base 10 seconds (so lets say boosted fury has a "bonus" to burst recharge that allows it to go lower that 10sec while div9 does not)). It is also possible that instead of one single hard cap each weapon has it's own burst cap that maybe either hard coded or based on the weapon's individual burst recharge speed modified by some number.

Skill locks are good for reducing your "xxxx skill will be available in x seconds" and adding a "Skill not available" message to the end of that......when both are added....you are back where you started.

they work fine for taunters and kits.

perks/specials do NOT "work" further than the messages. you still end up using them when they are "meant" to work.

yea pretty much what they said, though if your making jobe imps and not using that slot for anything else have them put in, because its a bug now and will most likley be fixed soon.

-Krause
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

skill lock works on aug/boosted spinner - you'll bring Div9/fury down to capped bursts without I think.
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

Skill lock do work on burst recharge.

I had a burst recharge on aug spinner of 21-22 secs and with 3x skill lock implants it is now down to 16-17 secs, no "skill not available" message at all, timed many times ingame and with a stop watch.

As someone more bright then I am explained to me, they take a % from the max special recharge before you diminish it with your skill. That recharge on aug spinner is 50, 3x skill implants are -10%, in effect they lower it by 5.
    So they work as intented as far as I can tell.

/Solo
    Solo lvl 216+ clan soldier RK1

equipment

I've had -10% skill lock implants in for the last couple of months, and can confirm that they do nothing at all for reducing burst and full auto. The counter for that skill is reduced by 10%, but the actual recharge isn't. It will say the skill is available in 24s, but then you have to wait another 2s on top of that before it is actually available.

It's a big swizz at the moment.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

I have noticed that by spamming the special button you will get the "Action not avalible" messege and you will have to wait a few extra seconds. But if you just use the special, then wait for the recharge messege it is timed correct. From my experience, the bug seems to happen if I spam the special key. However if I dont, then I do get 8 sec burst on my div 9. Also I timed with a stop watch.

I disagree red, I have no action/special/whatever not available at all with specials while I have it with perks.

I also timed it my burst with and without implants and I in effect burst faster with them on.

equipment

Yikes, well just got the old stopwatch out and I'm going to completely backtrack on what I said before.

When I spam my full auto key it comes up with the action not available, when I don't it recharges in 25s with is about right for the -10% implants.

Learn something new every day.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

yup looks like if you spam the special key you loose some seconds like if while the client checks reachrge with the server the count stops ...... or something like that.

equipment

Here is what I've noticed:

10s Burst recharge without -Skill Lock imps.
    Visual 8s Burst recharge with -SkillLock Imps.
    Actual 9s Burst recharge with -SkillLock Imps. They do work, it just misreports the actual reduction. I timed a string of bursts an got an average of slightly over 9s (Lag I think), but never close to 10s.

What I think is happening is that, on the client, the SkillLock reduction is applied before skill reduces the Lock Time. On the server SkillLock is applied after your Skill reduces the time. The effect is more visible on Full Auto than on Burst.

The math would look something like...
    Formula without Skill Lock:
    Burst = ((Recharge x 20) + (Burst Delay/100)) - (Burst skill/25)
    Client Formula with Skill Lock Clusters:
    Burst = (((Recharge x 20) + (Burst Delay/100)) *(1+Skill Lock Cluster%)) - (Burst skill/25)
    ServerFormula with Skill Lock Clusters:
    Burst = (((Recharge x 20) + (Burst Delay/100)) - (Burst skill/25)) * (1+Skill Lock Cluster%)

I have seen the Skill Lock clusters have a real effect on my Burst recharge, I think the client is reporting too much effect, which is why you get "Action not available." This would apply where ever Actual Skill reduces the time a skill is locked for. Ask some MAs if Skill Lock Clusters affect their Dimach recharge. Skill doesn't begin to affect Dimach until after 1k skill, so they'd notice the difference.
    Last edited by Miniexplicit; Dec 18th, 2003 at 16:49:33.

Somebody mind digging up an old post where somebody said something along the lines of "skill lock clusters don't work allthough some, Tza, swears by 'em" and then re-post Red's reply?

And no, I don't love seing "I told you so"
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

so, who's gonna dig up the thread?

Wrangeline about?

edit: just noticed this was post # 1212
    Soldier Equip

I remember your post and took advice, triple imped burst and skill lock and whaty ya kno..viola works a treat on AHS.

I decided a skill lock leg imp is greater than the ql200 artillery symb, for this reason alone.

Skill locks all the way.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

at 205 or 206 I got my hands on Heart of Tarasque, and sitting at 207, I can't see the difference at all - haven't in a while.

But starting to wonder if going back to a skill lock chest imp could allow me to use an AR symb for bigger FA skill (and attack rating - only using 1 attack rating imp atm wich is my R-hand symb).

But I went for selfcasting the SL RRFE without using the nano skill mod items you can find in the archaics (got a +50 T&S/SI/PM one taking up space in my inv atm instead of a bag for no reason other than I'm too lazy to put it in a bag).

But need to redo my eye imp, but might be lazy and wait for 208 with redoing it for AR again.

But omg that reflect rock together with AMS MK I and all those lovely heals, own and others.
    Soldier Equip