Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Engelens MA Guide

Part 6: Shadowlands Equipment

Shadowlands Armor
    There are very many nice items dropping in Shadowlands. This section will cover all equippable items that in some way benefits to Martial Artists. I will try to uncover the most of them, about where they drop and any additional information. Hopefully this will help you if you are looking for information about where something drops!

Ancient Container
    Drops: Give 6 Insignias of the opposite side to the NPC that spawns when you kill the placeholder in the Temple. Kill the Boss that spawns, which should drop the Ancient Container. The boss should drop two, one is unpacked so place the first one on another character before you get the other.(Contributed by Khailea)
    It comes in one Omni and one Clan version, make sure you get the right one if you are buying one!

Aurea`s Heated Cloak (Omni)
    Drops: Ardent ? Aurea in Elysium Redeemed temple. Kill the Prophet or Ecclesiast in the 75% Room, and give 6 Insignias of Enel to the NPC who spawns. He`ll spawn the Ardent which can drop the Cloak.(Thanks again to Britt9081 for this info!) .
    A Quite nice and cool looking cloak. It seems to be quite rare though, could be a somewhat lousy droprate. Otherwise, it is a nice, although a bit weak backarmor.

Blackpack (Cont. by Kahina)
    Drops: Eremite Bosses in Adonis Abyss
    A very nice backitem with both HP, Evades and Init. It's not level capped either, meaning that if you can twink on as much Sense as possible, it will be a good backitem. Of course, it quickly looses it's usefulness at higher levels, but on alts it's a great item.

Chosen Martial Artist Set
    Drops: Check my Tier 2/3 Part of the Guide!
    This amazing set is the Omni Version of Tier 3. The only difference between the Omni and Clan version, is the color. While some of the mods can be argued, it is overrall a fantastic set of armor. Made by upgrading Tier 2.

Cosmic guide of the Pisces
    Drops: Pisces in Pandemonium
    A Dream Head Armor. Awesome AC, Great Mods including Martial Arts, Critical Increase, Physical Init and so on, and its invisible! This one is a winner.

Cuirass of Obstinacy
    Drops: The Beast in Pandemonium
    A Fantastic Body Armor. It rivals the Dragon Body, although its more for all around use than the pure damage from the Dragon Body.

Doubleknit Pants
    Drops: Crabby Golem in Adonis
    By the time you can solo this guy for these pants, you`ll have no use for them except for on your alt

Eva Pourais` Snakeskin Patch (Clan)
    Drops: Should drop from the same mob that drops Ancient Container. Give 6 Insignias to the NPC that spawns when you kill the placeholder in the 75% room, and kill the boss that spawns.(Contributed by Khailea)
    Apart from the Agility and Sense Boost, this shoulder/neck item isn`t too good considering where it can be placed.

Faithful Martial Artist Set
    Drops: Check my Tier2/3 part of the guide!
    This amazing set is the Clan Version of Tier 3. The only difference between the Omni and Clan version, is the color. While some of the mods can be argued, it is overrall a fantastic set of armor. Made by upgrading Tier 2.

First Tier Martial Artist Set
    Drops: Check Tubarolean`s Guide
    Its Yellow, but its nice. Its actually one of the better Tier 1 Sets, with high AC and decent mods.

Great Grandfather`s Flesh Sleeves
    Drops: Info Needed
    Yucky Name, but very nice low-mid level sleeves. Max Health is always nice, and the nice AC and the Sense boost makes this a good sleeve.

Infantry Armor Set
    Drops: Different bosses around in Shadowlands.
    Not exactly the very best of armor. The Mods are unfortunately way too low and few, and the requirements are steep compared to what you get out of it. Stay clear unless you cant find anything else.

Infantry Crepuscule Armor Set
    Drops: Different bosses around in Shadowlands.
    Far, Far better mods than the regular Infantry Armor Set, but the AC is really bad. Its nice if you need to boost a certain weapon skill though. (It does have a big boost to bow)

Joshua Khan`s Catskin Patch (Omni)
    Drops: Should drop from the same mob that drops Ancient Container. Give 6 Insignias to the NPC that spawns when you kill the placeholder in the 75% room, and kill the boss that spawns.(Contributed by Khailea)
    Apart from the Agility and Sense Boost, this shoulder/neck item isn`t too good considering where it can be placed.

Modified NotuComm Mesh Trenchcoat (Cont. by Kahina
    Drops: Definitely easiest to buy finished, quite long and tiresome tradeskill process required to make it.
    One of the most popular backarmors in the game, because of the 64 to all Evades. It's simple really, if the mob can't hit you, it can't kill you, thus this backarmor is very popular and sought after since it increases your evades with quite alot. Combined with Slippers and your evades will soar.

Mystical Green Hood
    Drops: Limnos in Inferno
    This is a great head armor! Its true that the lack of both AC and HP hurts, but it has some seriously great mods.

Net of Adonis
    Drops: Info Needed
    A Decent, but not good alternative to the Ancient Container. The Mods apart from Health doesnt help out much, and the AC is somewhat even, but not too good.

Outsider`s Armor Set
    Drops: Afaik, Bosses around in Shadowlands
    Too weak to be of any use. AC is low, no HP, and only a decent Physical Init and Evade amount. Once again, a highly wasted armor set that could have been so much more useful with tweaking.

Predator Armor (Cont. by Kahina)
    Drops: The Predator bosses in Elysium
    Easily one of, if not, THE best all around low to mid level armor sets currently in the game. The mods are fantastic, the only thing it lack is Physical Init, but the evades, HP/NP and Critical Increase more than makes up for it. The Predator Circlet is so good that it's still one of the most popular headarmors for MA's on TL7 until they get Pisces or Combined.

Second Tier Martial Artist Set
    Drops: Check my Tier 2/3 part of the guide.
    Often debated, the infamous Tier 2 set for Martial Artists is unfortunately nothing more than decent. It adds a whole lot of rather useless skills for most, its Still Yellow, and it is even harder to get than hosen/Faithful. Like it or not, you do need it to upgrade though. Like they say, No Pain, No Gain

Slippers of Screaming
    Drops: Creepy Spider in Inferno(Contributed by Britt9081)
    Great Boots. The AC is rock solid, and the mods are awesome. Lacks HP, but in this case, it outweighs the need by the evade mods.

Spirit Shroud of the Infantry
    Drops: Notum Scourge in Penumbra, rare drop
    A good back armor, but hard to find. This item is actually a little misleading, since it can change into different types if you right click on it. The two most popular versions is the Infantry(for evades, init and hp) and the Artillery(Especially for 1% Crit), but all five versions are actually useful in various ways. You can find a overview of all five types here. (Thanks to Kahina for adding this info)

Supply Unit Armor Set
    Drops: Different Bosses around in Shadowlands
    Dont bother with this set. It has no mods with any use. Its just a shame that it`s so useless. The AC is just about mediocre, so it doesnt offer any real protection either.

The Sacrificed Bracelet of Kay
    Drops: Pyiininnik in Inferno
    With the Arul Saba Bracelets ingame and so easily obtained, this doesn`t do too much good. It gives you some protection against Fire and Ice, and adds 25 points of Fire Damage, but it`s just not worth too much effort.

Trick Boots
    Drops: Info Needed. I believe they can be found in SL dungeons though.
    The little brother of Slippers of Screaming, these are quite good, but if you can find the Slippers, there`s no need to worry about a pair of these.

Venomous Coolie
    Drops: Imp Bosses in Nascense, Elysium and Scheol. For the highest known drops, try "Brink of Madness" in the east side of Lower Scheol
    It looks like this only drops up to QL160. (Thanks to Smellysock for the correction)

Yellow Force Tight Armor Set
    Drops: Found in Chests in Static SL Dungeons(Contributed by Khailea)
    They had to do it. Anyway, don`t even bother. Not only is this terror Yellow, but its also a really bad set of armor.

Yuan Chi`s Air-Cooled Cloak (Clan)
    Drops: Omega Yuan Chi in Elysium Unredeemed temple. Kill the Prophet/Ecclesiast in the 75% Room, and give 6 Insignias of Shere to the NPC who spawns. Kill the Omega that spawns and cross fingers. (Thanks again to Britt9081 for this info!) .
    A Quite nice and cool looking cloak. It seems to be quite rare though, could be a somewhat lousy droprate. Otherwise, it is a nice, although a bit weak backarmor.
    Last edited by Engelen; Jan 30th, 2006 at 09:38:04.
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

Shadowlands Equipment & Infantry Ring
    This list contains all the non Armor items. I don`t consider Rings as Armor, but as Equipment, so I`ve decided to put rings in this list along with other similar items.

Aim of Libra
    Drops: Libra in Pandemonium
    A good item, with Sense, Critical Increase and XP modifier.

Aquarius` Multitask Calculator
    Drops: Aquarius in Pandemonium
    One of the best Utils item. 20 to Nano Resist and 2 to Crit Increase.

Bigot`s Earring of Sacrifice
    Drops: Bigot Helozabasael and Bigot Nzaemihiel in Inferno.(Contributed by Khailea)
    With Max Health, Add Chemical Damage and Crit Resistance, this is also a quite good item.

Close Combat Fighter`s Manual of Focus (Omni)
    Drops: Redeemed Mobs
    A very good Util item. Easy to obtain too. Scales from QL1 to QL300.

Cross Dimensional Gyro of Gemini
    Drops: Gemini in Pandemonium
    Every MA want more evade, and this item does just that.

Dalja`s Ring of Power (Clan)
    Drops: Unredeemed Dalja in Adonis, needs to be spawned at the temple
    A Decent ring, with both some offensive and defensive power.

Eremite`s Macro Sensor
    Drops: Eremite Bosses in Elysium
    Nothing special. Since it goes into HUD3, where your crit scope is, it becomes very useless later on. Can be a replacement for the TIM Scope on earlier levels though.

Eremite`s Psychic Sensor
    Drops: Eremite Bosses in Elysium
    A nice little Hud2 item. The Psychology Requirement is a bit steep for a Martial Artist, but the mods are very nice.

Gilthar`s Ring of Force (Omni)
    Drops: Redeemed Gilthar in Adonis, needs to be spawned at the temple
    A Decent ring, with both some offensive and defensive power.

Melee Fighter`s Focus Manual
    Drops: Unredeemed Mobs
    A very good Util item. Easy to obtain too. Scales from QL1 to QL300.

Mystery of the Pisces
    Drops: Pisces in Pandemonium
    I can certainly imagine Pisces being many MA`s favorite Zodiac. Not only does it drop the Cosmic Guide of Pisces, but it also drops this great MA Util item. Evades, Body Dev, Agility and Sense.

Problem Avoiding Device
    Drops: Spirit Bosses in Elysium(If I remember right)
    If you dont need the NCU, this can be a nice replacement. It adds both Evades and Init, plus a small amount of NCU as a compensation for the loss of a normal NCU Chip.

Spirit of the Innocent
    Drops: Delinquent Spirit in Adonis
    There are far better HUD/Utils items than this, but if you got nothing in a spot and want to fill it, then it doesnt hurt

Star of Equanimity
    Drops: The Beast in Pandemonium
    One of the best, if not THE best HUD/Utils item for a Martial Artist. Kinda hard to get, but it sure is worth every minute and raid.

Taurus` Spirit of Patience
    Drops: Taurus in Pandemonium
    Not the best HUD item, but Add All Def is always nice. The Parry Requirements makes it rather heavy on the requirement.

Shadowlands Infantry Ring Quest
    This is the ring you need to progress in Shadowlands. Apart from the Pure Novictum Ring, Ergo gives you the next ring. You can either get it for free if you are above a certain level, or you will have to Quest for it.

Thanks to Britt9081 for info on Adonis and Penumbra ring level skips!

Insipid Ring
    Gives you Access to Nascense/Elysium

Caliginous Ring
    Gives you Access to Scheol
    How to Obtain: You can skip this quest if you are above level 80

Achromic Ring
    Gives you Access to Adonis
    How to Obtain: You can skip this quest if you are above level 130

Rimy Ring
    Gives you Access to Penumbra
    How to Obtain: You can skip this quest if you are above level 160

Sanguine Ring
    Gives you Access to Inferno
    How to Obtain: You have to spawn the Ice Golem and get a Molar from him. Give it to Ergo to get the Inferno Ring.

Pure Novictum Ring
    Gives you Access to Pandemonium
    How to Obtain: Head to the Static Dungeon in Inferno, North East of the Portal, at Coords Approx: 1100x400. The Boss in the bottom of the Dungeon drops the ring. Beware, he drops a random ring. You CAN actually use a ring not for your profession to enter Pandemonium, but you can only wear the Infantry one.
    Last edited by Engelen; Jan 17th, 2006 at 17:51:14.

bump for the best MA guide ever written
    Sort Martial Artist 220/15 :: Alienchild Enforcer 212/10 :: Sortcrat Bueraucrat 209/10
    Sortmorph Adventurer 206/06 :: Nipple Nano Technician 202/00 :: Sortmezz Bueraucrat 209/05
    Svik Fixer 193/04 :: Sortenf Enforcer 161/00 :: Sortkeep Keeper 173/05
    Sort2 Martial Artist 143/02 :: Sortmedic Doctor 201/05 :: Nipple2 Nano Technician 167/02
    Sortblaster Soldier 67/00 :: Sortha Shade 43/00 :: Sortmp Meta-Phycisist 31/02
    Sortsnipe Agent 30/02 :: Iscrewbots Engineer 6/01

.:Total Levels Gained:.
    Rubi-Ka: 2383 :: Shadow: 48 :: Alien: 68

Hi,
    very nice guide.
    I keep looking at it from time to time and will certainly do so until 220

Regards,
    Cillfox
    PS: I haven't checked all of the guide, but I think it should be mentioned that the SL damage buffs do not have that 20 seconds nano shutdown as their RK counterparts.
    Cillfox - 202 Omni Solitus MA (RK-1) view auno history
    Cillcrat - 84 Omni Solitus Crat (RK-1) view auno history
    Member of Illuminati

Thanks! I`ve updated the SL Damage buffs with a note and a credit

This may have been brought up before, but on the implants, I always add a Vehicle Air cluster to the eye, even though it means putting some points into Sense to use it. With our dark blue VA, it's IP better spent, IMO. Then I can pop a symbiant there if I plan to go to SL, where the yalm is useless anyway.

Anyway, thanks for a very thorough and easy to understand guide.

Tree of Enlightenment: part 4 dropped twice for me now, part 3 is the one that's slowly siphoning the fun outta my MA.

And 4 dropped of Acolyte Verona and Acolyte Seleen (of course, Seleen dropped it after I had gotten it off Verona. Note that Seleen is in the very first corridor of the temple, while Verona is in Uklesh's room).

Gah, this is really, really, *really* getting on my nerves (sorry for this bit of ranting).

Great guide.

Suggestion : Sticky?
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |
    | Yumn - 169 NT | Niemo - 118 MP | Lucine - 185 Agent | Incision - 70 Shade |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

kiwu: Both book 3 and 4 drops off the named mobs behind GoT. Kill Acolytes, Windcallers and Exarchs and you'll get the last book

This is a great guid, and it's listed in the rooted thread, Baffle
    Redliner
    1/0 Solitus Martial Artist, Atlantean.
    Dead, buried, never to return.

Quote Originally Posted by redliner
    kiwu: Both book 3 and 4 drops off the named mobs behind GoT. Kill Acolytes, Windcallers and Exarchs and you'll get the last book
    Finally, I have it (posted separately too, I was too happy to contain myself

Dropped off Acolyte Felid two rooms before GoT, even.

Is it worth it? Not tested yet...
    Last edited by kiwu; Apr 30th, 2005 at 08:44:08. Reason: hrrrgghh, speling eror (to->too, at least I see a lot of people making the same mistake ;-))

credit where it is due, great guide.

I've turned my guide into a txt document and posted it on Gamefaqs. It is missing some pieces and stuff had to go because of the simple format, but in the end I'm really happy about it. I'm planning some more updates for it, but I feel it will do the trick for now. I have some slight problems converting the MA Weapon section into a pure text form, and I'd be glad if anyone could help me with that part.

All contributions and corrections are still valid but listed here on this version of the guide.

Thanks
    Last edited by Engelen; Jun 13th, 2005 at 16:54:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Engelen
    Fist of the Dominator
    How to get: Drops from Hezak and Gelid in Inner Sanctum (If I remember)
    Description: The best Left Wrist Implant for any MA. Not that hard to get anymore actually, just need some luck with the drop.
    It also drops off Dominus Jiannu and there lies the real beauty, Jiannu is easy to pull and solo since she doesnt Nuke, DoT or spawn fanatics.

And very nice work on the guide Engelen.
    What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Hands down the best guide in any of the profession forums.

And just about the only one that is even remotely close to being up to date.
    Zaxxan
    Lvl 205 Soldier
    Clan
    House Maadiah

If you don't like the XP pool because you are "Old School":
    After you die type "/terminate"........ right I didn't think so.

Thanks Gonoc and Rand al Thor! I'll update it with the Dominator info(I've never seen her drop it and killed her quite alot so I didn't think she dropped it), and to Rand al Thor, it's not quite updated yet because I've been away so far, but I'll update it with all the AI info as soon as I get back ingame in a week

wtb ma prof title for engelen!

very uber done

Quote Originally Posted by Rand al Thor
    Hands down the best guide in any of the profession forums.

Please see the fixer guide, which can be found near the top of posts and stickied under Fixer faq's.

Aginorgotd's Fixer Guide

Agi
    Aginorgotd's Updated Fixer Guide - If you have a Fixer question, the answer is probably here
    As mentioned in Sorhan's journal
    Atlantean Omni Unredeemed Kingpin Fixer, Unit Leader of Majestic Twelve
    Aginorgotd, auno.org - Equipment and Perks, auno.org
    Aginorgotd, from anarchy-online.com - Total Equipment and Perks Report, from aomainframe.info
    Too many alts to list

Tier 2/3 & Shadowlands Weapons

Tier 2
    Tier 2 can seem rather complicated right away, but its really not that bad. Here's what you need for one Tier 2 piece(These parts drop in two different places. The Adonis Archaic Dungeons, and in the Penumbra Archaic Dungeons):

3 Will of the Unshakable - Drops from Normal & Boss in Adonis & Pen Dungeon
    3 Advent of the Impetuous - Drops from Normal & Boss in Adonis & Pen Dungeon
    1 Embryo of Yomi'Arallu - Drops from Boss in Adonis, and Normal & Boss in Pen Dungeon
    1 Canister of Liquid Notum - Must be at least QL80 - Drops from most stuff

Step by Step:

1: Give 3 Will + 1 Embryo to IPS guy, get "Red Glyph of Aban"
    2: Give 3 Advents to IPS guy, get "Orange Moon Glyph of Roch"
    3: Use Canister of Liquid Notum on "Red Glyph of Aban". This require 880 Quantum Physics.
    4: Use "Orange Moon Glyph of Roch" on "Red Glyph of Aban" to make "Glyph 3". This process requires 960 Psychology. (Skill Cont. by Malena)
    5: Use "Glyph 3" on Tier 1 Armor Piece.

To upgrade Helmet and Backarmor, first use a "Joker's Glyph" on the Jobe Part, and then apply the standard Tier 2 Procedure. Joker's Glyph is found of the Eradicus Boss in Adonis. (Found in several of the dungeons scattered around).

Chosen/Faithful
    Chosen/Faithful is infact easier to get than Tier 2. Get a Team going in Pandemonium, and you should be able to get a glyph in no time.

You need:
    1 Blue Glyph of Aban - Drops finished off normal mobs in Pandemonium
    1 Insignia of the Chosen if you are Omni or Insignia of the Faithful if you are Clan. Drops of Redeemed/Unredeemed Mobs in Inferno, and are Reusable. Just ask a friend to borrow one.
    1 Finely Refined Notum Drops from Dryad bosses in Elysium, Adonis and Penumbra.

Step by Step:

1: Combine "Blue Glyph of Aban" with "Finely Refined Notum", this Creates a "Blue Glyph of Aban - Revived"
    2: Combine "Blue Glyph of Aban - Revived" with Insignia of Chosen or Faithful, depending on what you are. This Creates a Glyph of Judgement.
    3: Combine "Glyph of Judgement" With your Tier 2 Piece, and Voila. This Last Step requires 990 Comp Lit.

To upgrade the Shoulderpads into Tier 3, you have to get a "Glyph of the Arcana", drops of Corrupted Mobs in Pandemonium. Its also Reusable, so just ask a friend to borrow one. First use Joker's Glyph on Shoulderpads, then use Glyph of Arcana, and then apply standard Tier 3 Procedure. Helmet and Backarmor is made by Jokers Glyph, and then turned into Tier 2, so they dont use Arcana. Helmet and Backarmor can be turned into Tier 3 by using Standard Procedure.

Shadowlands Weapons
    Most SL MA weapons drop by Unredeemed/Redeemed mobs. Some are also made by using Turn Spirits on them. If you are looking for an Omni Weapon, you will have to kill Redeemed Mobs, and if you are looking for Clans, you will have to kill Unredeemed Mobs. These weapons are mostly common, and can easily be bought on the forums and ingame. However, I cannot remember if some of these weapons are found on Rubi-Ka, so if you can confirm this, please tell me

Unredeemed Weapons
    Service/Support Energy Gauntlet
    The Energy Gauntlet is a decent weapon, but suffers from a few things. It does not take advantage of our crit based playing, it is unfortunately based 67% on Martial Arts and 33% on 1 Hand Blunt, and the 2/2 Attack and Recharge makes it slower than our fists.

Redeemed Weapons
    White Ant/Termite Nunchaku
    Identical to the Energy Gauntlet, the only thing that seperates the weapons are the look, and the side requirement.

Otherwise, the same applies for this.

All Sides Weapons
    Bronto Vet Lancet
    This is a more shade oriented weapon, but can be used by Martial Artists. There are little to no reason to use this weapon for a Martial Artist however, since its fully based on Piercing. Scales from QL1 Bronto Vet Lancet to a QL300 Heavy Bronto Vet Lancet.

Thousand Strings of Fatigue
    Again, a Shade Oriented Weapon, but can be used by Martial Artists. Once again, there are little to no reason to use this weapon, because of it being 100% based on Piercing. Scales from QL50 Thousand Strings of Boredom to QL300 Thousand Strings of Pain.

Schuyler Pup/Schuyler Super Pup
    A Low level Bow. The QL40 version starts at 70-70(70) in damage, and it scales with the QL up to the QL50 with 90-90(90).

Voice/Bang of Thunder
    A Decent Bow, but the Minimums damage is way too low. It is also too slow, so when in full def with a scope, it will really slow you down. Shame really, it could have been very nice. Holds some value as a AS Bow, but I dont have the AS recharge Value on it, so I cannot say for sure. Scales from QL140 to QL200.
    Last edited by Engelen; Jan 17th, 2006 at 23:25:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand al Thor
    Quote Originally Posted by AginorGotD
    Please see the fixer guide, which can be found near the top of posts and stickied under Fixer faq's.

Aginorgotd's Fixer Guide

Agi
    He didnt say Engelens guide was the only up to date one, he said it was one of a few.

Bump for Engelen.

PS. Id sticky this, but Ive got it linked in the "rooted guides" thread up top

I've just planned the AI updates now, so I'll hopefully get it going somewhere around next week if I get online then as planned. My plan is to make sure this guide will be as updated as possible now that I can assure it will be, and that it will contain as much information as possible in one possible place(with all links to external information).

I really look forward to spend some time with AI, bear with me as I catch up with the things I've missed

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast