Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Engelens MA Guide

Talking

Wow.

Thanks to all for this HUGE ream of info.

I am very much a noob (lvl 7 atm) and only started playing AO this past week. I have been wondering about what skills to train, should i use a weapon, etc, etc. This thread has been an awesome help to get me going in the right direction to a a killer MA.

Thanks again!

what about RIPOSTE, SHARP OBJECTS, BOW and BOW SPEC ATTACK.?? they all are green i am at lvl 5 and want to know if i should invest in these skills or not!

Hmm, I`m sorry. I`m working on updating this guide to contain more info though.

About Riposte:
    -At the moment, it is only recommended to increase it enough to use one of the best MA Special Attacks: Upon a Wave of Summer. Thus, you dont need to increase it too much to get a good effect.

About Sharp Objects:
    -Unless you prefer to use some of the new Sharp Objects that came a while ago, you can safely leave this one alone. They can be nice, but the way too high skill requirement compared to the damage effect costs more than it tastes.

About Bow:
    -This is a rather deep subject. There are many good bows, but mainly, bows are used for Aimed Shots, which I referred to another guide that explains everything about it

About Bow Special Attack:
    -Honestly, I dont recommend using any points on this. Just like Sharp Object, it can be fun to try, but it costs more than it tastes, and is generally not often used.

I would recommend you to not increase any of those at your level, since unless you are planning to use Bow and Sharp Objects as a part of your playing style, they will only be wasted. Save Riposte a little bit, you dont need to worry about it for now. Later on it will be worth it.

Sorry that I didnt cover this, but hope this helped
    Last edited by Engelen; Jan 31st, 2005 at 17:30:39.
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

lol - you have the patience of a saint

a real credit to the profession

Hi there. I started as an MA about a month ago. Your guide has been a great help, fantastic work. There are a few things I might quibble about, but overall very well done. One thing, though: I understand you don't list the AC nano lines, as they're not worth the nano at lower levels..but for those of us who have hit 160+ levels, with all this extra IP, could you please add them to the list? Thanks. Keep up the great work, it's appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhavi
    Hi there. I started as an MA about a month ago. Your guide has been a great help, fantastic work. There are a few things I might quibble about, but overall very well done. One thing, though: I understand you don't list the AC nano lines, as they're not worth the nano at lower levels..but for those of us who have hit 160+ levels, with all this extra IP, could you please add them to the list? Thanks. Keep up the great work, it's appreciated.
    I have been thinking about it. The thing is, I think my the Post with the Nanos will exceed the letter limit by putting in the AC Buffs and the rest, so I`d have to make another part. But, I have considered doing that, just not gotten so far yet

I also wanted to focus on the most important skills, and also to keep the priority on the four important nano lines. But, since there are absolutely room for another part, I will look at what I can do.

Thanks for the suggestions

Smile Part 3: Implants

Implants and Symbiants
    When creating implants, you should think about this first. Depending on what 3 clusters you use, you will end up with different Ability requirement. If you follow the first setup, you can customize your imps, but you gotta watch the Abilities. If you use the second, it only uses Str/Agi/Sta.
    In the places where you can choose different Clusters, I`ll add them to the right parts. The Primary Cluster I recommend is in bold.

1: All Jobe Clusters have a Title Level 4 Requirement, and can not be built into Implants under QL100. In those cases where I only list up Jobe Clusters, go for blank until you can put in Jobe.
    2: Multi Melee is only needed if you are using Dual Parry Sticks or Claws
    3: There are a few without Bold. Those consist of several good options, which is entirely up to you and your playing.
    4: Implants with Weapon skills are only recommended if you actually use those weapons.
    5: If you plan to use normal implants to cast FFoK and UVC early, follow the Bold Nanoskills.

Generic Martial Artist Setup
    This is a Generic Overview of the normal choices you make when making MA implants. I have highlighted important/good choices. Think about Abilities when following this setup. Dreamsnake adds Vehicle Air in Shiny Eye, because it saves a good deal of points that you normally put in Vehicle Air.

Head:
    -Faded: Sense/Perception
    -Bright: Dimach/Nano Pool
    -Shiny: Psy Mod/Bio Met/Time&Space/Sensory Imp/Treatment
    Eye:
    -Faded: Time&Space/Bow
    -Bright: Sensory Imp/Psy Mod/Treatment
    -Shiny: - Vehicle Air
    Ear:
    -Faded: Psy Mod/Intelligence
    -Bright: Nano Cost Mod
    -Shiny: XP Modifier
    Chest:
    -Faded: Sensory Imp/Strength
    -Bright: Bio Meta
    -Shiny: Max Health/Body Dev/Dimach/Max Health/Stamina
    Right Arm:
    -Faded: Parry/Riposte
    -Bright: Brawling/Add All Def/Add All Off/Physical Init (Quite Possibly the toughest Implant to choose)
    -Shiny: 1 Hand Edged/1 Hand Blunt/Bow/Piercing/Strength
    Left Arm:
    -Faded: Physical Init
    -Bright: Strength/Bow/Piercing
    -Shiny: Add All Def/Brawling/Add All Off
    Waist:
    -Faded: Bio Meta/Agility/Brawling/Dimach/Dodge Ranged/Evade Close Combat/Stamina
    -Bright: Max Health/Body Dev
    -Shiny: Chemical AC/Cold AC/Fire AC/Radiation AC
    Right Wrist
    -Faded: Add Chemical Damage/Add Fire Damage/Multi Melee
    -Bright: 1 Hand Blunt/1 Hand Edged/Nano Resist
    -Shiny: Nano Delta/Parry/Riposte/Run Speed
    Left Wrist
    -Faded: Nano Resist
    -Bright: Parry/Riposte/Run Speed/Add Chemical Damage/Add Fire Damage
    -Shiny: Multi Melee
    Leg
    -Faded: Body Dev/Max Health/Melee AC
    -Bright: Evade Close Combat/Stamina
    -Shiny: Agility/Dodge Ranged/Duck Exp
    Right Hand
    -Faded: 1 Hand Blunt/1 Hand Edged/Fire AC/Treatment
    -Bright: Time&Space
    -Shiny: Martial Arts
    Left Hand
    -Faded: Martial Arts
    -Bright: Fire AC/Skill Lock Mod
    -Shiny: -
    Feet
    -Faded: Add All Def/Add All Off/Duck Explosives
    -Bright: Martial Arts/Dodge Ranged/Agility
    -Shiny: Evade Close Combat/Physical Init

Agility/Stamina/Strength Based Setup
    Limited to focus on max 3 skills. Strength & Stamina is a good skill to work with early on because they are easy to buff even at low levels, and Agility is our primary Ability. I choose to only list up the very important Clusters for this set(PS: This is a set I use personally on lower levels, except that I tend to swap some clusters with Ability clusters).

Head: - Agility Req
    -Faded: Sense
    -Bright: -
    -Shiny: Psy Mod
    Eye: - Agility Req
    -Faded: Time&Space
    -Bright: Sensory Imp
    -Shiny: Aimed Shot
    Ear: - Agility Req
    -Faded: Psy Mod
    -Bright: Concealment
    Chest: - Stamina Req
    -Faded: Sensory Imp
    -Bright: Bio Meta
    -Shiny: Max Health
    Right Arm: - Stamina Req
    -Faded: Parry
    -Bright: Brawling/Add All Def/Add All Off/Physical Init
    -Shiny: Strength
    Left Arm: - Strength Req
    -Faded: Physical Init
    -Bright: Strength
    -Shiny: Brawling
    Waist: - Stamina Req
    -Faded: Bio Meta
    -Bright: Max Health
    -Shiny: Fire AC
    Right Wrist - Agility Req
    -Faded: Multi Melee
    -Bright: Nano Resist
    -Shiny: Parry
    Left Wrist - Agility Req
    -Faded: Nano Resist
    -Bright: Parry
    -Shiny: Multi Melee
    Leg - Stamina Req
    -Faded: Max Health
    -Bright: Evade Close Combat
    -Shiny: Agility
    Right Hand - Agility Req
    -Faded: Treatment
    -Bright: Time&Space
    -Shiny: Martial Arts
    Left Hand - Stamina Req
    -Faded: Martial Arts
    -Bright: Fire AC
    Feet - Agility Req
    -Faded: Add All Def/Add All Off
    -Bright: Martial Arts/Dodge Ranged/Agility
    -Shiny: Evade Close Combat/Physical Init

Symbiant Setup!
    This is a suggested Symbiant Setup. If you are unsure about what Symbiants to use, you can always take a peak at this setup.

Note 1: There are no Symbiants adding Martial Arts to Left Hand, so I use a Normal Implant
    Note 2: For Left Wrist, you should really try for the Fist of the Dominator. Neither Support or Infantry Left Wrist is half as good, so feel free to choose one with the mods that suit you best there.
    Note 3: You`ll notice the lack of Agility. This is because, unfortunately, the Infantry Leg and Waist Symbiants lack it. They got everything else you need though, so my personal advice is to use the Infantry Symbiants for Daily Use and Swap to Support when equipping Agility Armor or Equipment.

For Examples, I`ve used as close to QL200 Symbiants as possible

Eye: Growing Ocular Symbiant, Support Unit Aban
    Head: Living Brain Symbiant, Support Unit Aban
    Ear: Growing Ear Symbiant, Support Unit Aban
    Right Arm: Living Right Arm Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Chest: Growing Chest Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Left Arm: Living Left Arm Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Right Wrist: Enduring Right Wrist Symbiant, Support Unit Aban
    Waist: Living Waist Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Left Wrist: Fist of the Dominator (Found in IS)
    Right Hand: Living Right Hand Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Leg: Persisting Thigh Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Left Hand: Left Hand Implant with Faded Martial Arts (Bright and Shiny can be anything else)
    Feet: Enduring Feet Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Last edited by Engelen; Jan 17th, 2006 at 17:47:35.

Part 4: Nanolines

Primary Nanolines
    This list contains the most important buffs, the ones using Bio Met, Psy Mod, Sensor Imp and Time & Space.

All Martial Artist Nanos can be found here at aodb!

Healing
    Singleheal:
    Personal Healing - Selfheal: 34-59 Points
    Lesser Healing Touch - Singleheal: 55-103 Points
    Restore Essence - Singleheal: 92-197 Points
    Healing Touch - Singleheal: 181-379 Points
    Healing Aura - Singleheal: 291-564 Points
    Greater Healing Touch - Singleheal: 350-800 Points
    Greater Restore Essence - Singleheal: 443-981 Points
    Enlightened Aura of Healing - Singleheal: 556-1026 Points

New SL Heals
    (Thanks to MaFiA1337 for reminding me to add these)
    Flourishing Heal - Singleheal: 980-1803 Points
    Soul of Rubi - Singleheal: 1302-2136 Points

Teamheal:
    Team Restore Essence - Teamheal: 54-133 Points
    Team Healing Touch - Teamheal: 99-265 Points
    Team Healing Aura - Teamheal: 166-424 Points
    Greater Team Healing Touch - Teamheal: 277-598 Points
    Greater Team Restore Essence - Teamheal: 346-709 Points

Evade Buffs
    Elusive Target - Short: ET - 50 to all evades
    Fleet Foot - Short: FF - 85 to all evades
    Reduce Inertia - Short: RI - 120 to all evades

Init Buff
    First Strike - Short: FS - 93 to Physical and Melee Init

Brawl Buff
    Dirty Fighter - Short: DF - 45 to Brawl

Run Buff
    Velocity - 70 to Runspeed

Crit Buffs
    Subconscious Guidance - Short: SG - Selfonly 8% Crit Chance
    Vulnerability Seeker - Short: VS - Selfonly 13% Crit Chance
    Last Minute Adjustments - Short: LMA - Selfonly 19% Crit Chance
    Universal Vulnerability Compendium - Short: UVC 24% Crit Chance

Mark of Risk - Short: MOR - 2% Crit Chance on Target
    Mark of Danger - Short: MOD - 4% Crit Chance on Target
    Mark of Peril - Short: MOP - 7% Crit Chance on Target

Martial Arts Buffs
    Lesser Controlled Rage - No Known Shorts - 8 to Physical Init and 12 to Martial Arts on target(Stacks with Expertise, Mastery and Four Fists of Kali)
    Martial Arts Mastery - Short: MAM - 60 to Martial Arts on Target(Stacks with Lesser Controlled Rage and Expertise)
    Four Fists of Kali - Short: FFoK - Selfonly 140 to Martial Arts and 30 to Fast Attack(Stacks with Lesser Controlled Rage and Expertise)

Fist Buffs
    These nanos change your damage type, and adds a small amount of damage to your attacks.
    Iron Fist - 2 to Melee Damage
    Energized Fists - 6 to Energy/Melee Damage
    Corrosive Fists - 9 to Chemical/Melee Damage
    Fists of Shocking Touch - 11 to Energy/Melee Damage
    Fists of Fire - 13 to Fire/Melee Damage
    Fists of the Maelstrom - 15 to Energy/Melee Damage
    Fists of the Polar Star - 17 to Fire/Melee Damage
    Fists of the Sorrowful Toad - 19 to Chemical/Melee Damage
    Fists of the Lightning Crane - 23 to Energy/Melee Damage
    Fists of Stellar Harmony - 26 to Fire/Melee Damage

Short Time Damage Boosts
    These nanos lock your nanoskills for a set amount of time, but adds quite a lot of damage.
    Crash of Thunder - 19 to all Damage, 15 Seconds Lock
    Lotus of Water - 28 to all Damage, 15 Seconds Lock
    Meditate on an Autumn Leaf - 35 to all Damage, 15 Seconds Lock
    Wind-Blown Blossom - 43 to all Damage, 15 Seconds Lock
    Sadness of the Willow - 51 to all Damage, 15 Seconds Lock
    Sunrise over Pond - 56 to all Damage, 20 Seconds Lock
    Sway of Bamboo - 63 to all Damage, 20 Seconds Lock
    Waiting Panda - 69 to all Damage, 20 Seconds Lock
    Chirp of the Mournful Cricket - 77 to all Damage, 20 Seconds Lock
    Summer Rain - 84 to all Damage, 20 Seconds Lock
    Inner Peace, Outward Rage - 94 to all Damage, 20 Seconds Lock

SL Nanos
    The following Nanos are provided by Violax!

Short Time Damage Boosts
    Note: The SL Damage Buffs does not lock your nanoskills like the Rubi-Ka ones. (Thanks to Cillfox for reminding me about adding this)
    Rumble of Distant Thunder - 74 to all Damage, Min Level 75
    Petals on Water - 107 to all Damage, Min Level 145
    Dragon Stance - 140 to all Damage, Min Level 185
    Smell of Approaching Rain - 173 to all Damage, Min Level 203
    Grace of the Emperor Crane - 206 to all Damage, Min Level 209
    Peaceful Midnight Sky - 239 to all Damage, Min Level 212
    Ripples on the Calm Pond - 272 to all Damage, Min Level 216
    Autumn Leaves - 305 to all Damage, Min Level 219

Evade Buffs
    Fake Out - 6% to EvadeClsC, Self, Min Level 25
    Misleading conduct - 10% to EvadeClsC, Self, Min Level 125
    Ward Blow - 12% to EvadeClsC, Self, Min Level 175
    Shuffle Step - 15% to EvadeClsC, Self, Min Level 205
    Elude Step - 19% to EvadeClsC, Self, Min Level 214
    Stutter Step - 24% to EvadeClsC, Self, Min Level 220
    Aegis of Stone - 8% to Nano Resist, Self, Min Level 100
    Aegis of Metal - 14% to Nano Resist, Self, Min Level 195
    Aegis of Notum - 23% to Nano Resist, Self, Min Level 207
    Last edited by Engelen; Jan 17th, 2006 at 19:16:09.

Smile Part 4: Nanolines

Secondary Nanolines
    The Secondary Nanolines are the ones that(Usually) requires Mat Meta and Mat Crea for Nano Skills. They are less important than the primary nanolines(Crits, MA Buffs, Evades, Heals..), but can be a nice addition to our skills. A little personal advice, don`t bother with them until higher levels, or when you feel you can afford the extra IP Cost. Focus on the Primary Nanolines, and when you can cast Four Fists of Kali, Universal Vulnerability Compendium, Mark of Peril, Reduce Inertia and Enlightened Aura of Healing, you can let your primary nanoskills rest, and begin increasing the Secondary Ones.

Again, all our nanos can be found here!

Fear Nano Line
    This is one of the best secondary nanolines. It works great against minions on camps even up in Inferno.
    Presence of the Master - Fears all the Enemies in the Area, Range 10 Meters
    Presence of the Overlord - Fears all the Enemies in the Area, Range 11 Meters
    Presence of the Dominator - Fears all the Enemies in the Area, Range 13 Meters

Strength Nano Line
    Decent line, nice for boosting some stats, or when you just need a quick strength Boost and no docs or enforcers are around
    Muscle Stim - Increases Strength with 12 Points and Adds 1 points of Melee Damage
    Muscles Booster - Increases Strength with 25 Points and Adds 3 points of Melee Damage

Riposte Nano Line
    As it is now, the only real use this nano has, is letting you use a higher Upon a Wave of Summer
    Return Attack - Increases the Riposte Skill with 50 Points.

AC Buff Nano Line
    A Decent Nano Line, but the AC buffs doesnt stack with the Engie AC Buffs, so its only real useful when there are no Engies around. All the AC buffs can be cast on others, apart from Form of Tessai, which is self only.
    Form of Tessai is definitely not recommended for anything else but buffing, since it lowers your Agility with an insane amount, affecting Martial Arts and Evades and generally your effeciency in Combat. Stick with Transcendent Shen Protection!

Toughen Skin - Increases Melee AC with 16 Points, and all other ACs with 14 points.
    Minor Shen Protection - Increases Melee AC with 36 Point and all other ACs with 31 Points.
    Harden Skin - Increases Melee AC with 62 Points and all other ACs with 53 Points.
    Rubber Skin - Increases Melee AC with 95 Points and all other ACs with 80 Points
    Lesser Shen Protection - Increases Melee AC with 129 Points and all other ACs with 110 Points
    Wooden Skin - Increases Melee AC with 164 Points and all other ACs with 139 Points
    Greater Wooden Skin - Increases Melee AC with 199 Points and all other ACs with 169 Points
    Shen Protection - Increases Melee AC with 234 Points and all other ACs with 199 Points
    Steel Skin - Increases Melee AC with 269 Points and all other ACs with 229 Points
    Greater Steel Skin - Increases Melee AC with 304 Points and all other ACs with 258 Points
    Major Shen Protection - Increases Melee AC with 339 Points and all other ACs with 288 Points
    Titanium Skin - Increases Melee AC with 375 Points and all other ACs with 318 Points
    Greater Titanium Skin - Increases Melee AC with 411 Points and all other ACs with 349 Points
    Greater Shen Protection - Increases Melee AC with 447 Points and all other ACs with 380 Points
    Partial Diamond Skin - Increases Melee AC with 482 Points and all other ACs with 410 Points
    Diamond Skin - Increases Melee AC with 517 Points and all other ACs with 439 Points
    Supreme Shen Protection - Increases Melee AC with 552 Points and all other ACs with 469 Points
    Monomolecular Skin - Increases Melee AC with 587 Points and all other ACs with 499 Points
    Transcendent Shen Protection - Increases Melee AC with 621 Points and all other ACs with 538 Points
    Form of Tessai - Increases Melee AC with 676 Points, all other ACs with 574 Points, Strength with 40 Points, but lowers Agility with 70 points and Runspeed with 250 Points

Taunt Nano Line
    This Nanoline is used for making the mob attack you instead of others. As far as I know, very rarely used. Stick with the critting if you want to keep aggro, and leave taunting to the professionals(Enforcers )
    Bad Blood - Attempts to taunt the target, so that it attacks you
    Distracting Nuisance - Attempts to taunt the target, so that it attacks you
    Encourage Hatred - Attempts to taunt the target, so that it attacks you
    Seething Resentment - Attempts to taunt the target, so that it attacks you
    Eternal Enmity - Attempts to taunt the target, so that it attacks you.

Give Nano Nanoline
    A somewhat underrated, but weak nanoline at lower levels, since it can be nice to supply healers and enforcers with small amounts of Nano. Two slight faults, the amount of nano is too low, and it uses Mat Meta, which is not a recommended skill to increase at lower levels.
    Give Energy: 10 Transfers 10 points of Nano from the caster(You), to the Target.
    Give Energy: 25 Transfers 25 points of Nano from the caster(You), to the Target.
    Give Energy: 50 Transfers 50 points of Nano from the caster(You), to the Target.
    Give Energy: 100 Transfers 100 points of Nano from the caster(You), to the Target.

Martial Artist Team Nano Line
    Similar to the Soldier`s "Phalanx" nano, these two nanos buffs all the MA`s in the team. Very nice. Too bad they use Mat Meta and Mat Crea. Along with the AC Buffs and Fear Buffs, These two are recommended if you increase Mat Crea and Mat Meta!
    Horde - Increases the damage for all Martial Artists in the team with 12 Points on all Damage Types, and Increases Martial Arts with 6 points.
    Cohort - Increases all AC for all Martial Artists in the team with 400 points.

Duck Nanoline
    A Nice low level Duck Explosives buff. Too bad it isnt based on Psy Mod and Sensor Imp, but you can easily cast this buff without putting any points in Mat Meta after a few levels anyway.
    Limbo Master - Increases the Duck Explosives Skill with 30 Points.
    Last edited by Engelen; Jan 17th, 2006 at 17:48:42.

by the way, I have a ql160 Venomous Coolie that dropped from croaker bosses in scheol.

So now there's a verified 160 cap at least
    don't hate me because i'm beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by smellysock
    by the way, I have a ql160 Venomous Coolie that dropped from croaker bosses in scheol.

So now there's a verified 160 cap at least
    Awesome, I kept remembering the highest was 150, but I remembered wrong. Thanks, I`ll fix it right away

Please everyone, keep the corrections/contributions coming if you got any!

Free Adonis ring is level 130, and free Penumbra ring is level 160

Once again Britt, I thank you. Since I dont have the chance to check everything up ingame(since I`m not available ingame so often until I get my net back), its really nice when people help out like you have done with your contributions.

;-D glad to help Engelen If I remember anything more you know Ill poke ya hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukts
    \o/

Not sticky?
    It is in the rooted guides thread

Smile Part 5: Rubi-Ka Equipment

Rubi-Ka Armor

Low Level Armor Sets(0-100)

Carbonum Armor
    How to get: You can either buy it cheap from other players, or pay someone to make it for you.
    DescriptionThe Carbonum set is one of the best regular Rubi-Ka armors available. Its decently cheap, it has NCU mods and good AC, and its easy to equip. Its a quite good armor for Martial Artists, because it has Stamina and Agility as requirements, making it easy to equip. It scales from QL1 to QL200. The Carbonum Armor can be upgraded into a Omni Version which adds HP, or into a Clan Version which adds Nano Resist. This is done by using an Omnifier or a Clanalizer on it.

Crawler Armor
    How to get: Crawler Guide on AO Vault
    Description: A nice Low/Mid level armor. Inits are always nice, and a huge amount on lower levels helps alot with overall Combat Effeciency. Can be upgraded into the Prowler Armor.

Metallic Mantis Armor
    How to get: Head to Smugglers Den in Southern Fouls Hills, and kill Mantis for their hides, and have a tradeskiller turn it into Armor.
    Description: Low requirements on both Strength and Agility. Adds HP and Damage too. Great for twinking.

Mid Level Armor Sets(100-175)

Living Dragon Armor
    How to get: Either buy of other players, or raid Tarasque in Camelot.
    Description: A great mid level set, with excellent Martial Artist Mods and requirements. Only the Body remains good at higher levels though, but it still is one of the better Body Armors in the game, and definitely one of the best for a Martial Artist.

Primus/Secundus/Decus Armor
    How to get: Rollable as mission rewards, and found as loot
    Description: Nice low to mid level armor, no mods but good AC, and a matching backarmor that looks like a coat.

Omni-Pol Elite Armor
    How to get: Rollable as Mission Reward, found as loot and can be bought of other players
    Description: One of the best looking, nicer old Armor set. The AC is good and its not too hard to equip. Starts at QL75 and goes up to QL200.

CAS Armor
    How to get: You can either buy it from other players, or have someone make it for you. The Price is a little bit stiffer than Carbonum.
    Description: Somewhat better AC than Carbonum, and better mods if you don`t need NCU so much, but prefer Init and Evades instead.

Decranum MK II Armor
    How to get: The pieces are Nodrop, so you will have to camp the Smugglers part of Smugglers Den. Smugglers Den is located in Southern Fouls Hills. Low droprate, and the hood seems to be especially hard to find.
    Description: Quite popular before all the Shadowlands Armor took over, this low AC but great HP set was highly sought after. Unfortunately, its popularity has died, but those who remembers the set think of it dearly. Not very IP friendly to equip though, requires Strength, Stamina, Agility and Psychology to be equipped. Unless you want to stand out in the crowd, there are very few reasons to use this anymore. (Lets hear it for a MK III!)

Flowers Tech Armor
    How to get: Rollable as Mission Rewards, Loot
    Description: Old Set which might not look nice, but has solid AC and costs literally nothing.

Omni-Tek Steel Ribbed Armor
    How to get: Hack any Steel Ribbed Armor and apply Omnifier to make the desired piece. (Cont. by Doctrixa)
    Description: A quite nice upgrade of the old Steel Ribbed Armor. Okay AC, And quite nice mods including Physical Init and Evades.

High Level Armor Sets(175+)

Azure Armor
    How to get: Apart from the Boots which can be bought from other players, you have to raid for the rest in the Mercenary Camp in Eastern Fouls Plains.
    Description: A Very good set from 175 and upwards. AC is decent, nice HP mod, lots of mods that covers everything from Nanoskills to Martial Arts. A Recommended set. Even some of the pieces can be recommended stand alone, like the Sleeves. They are a perfect replacement instead of Tier 1/2 Sleeves, since they increase HP, Strength, Physical Init, NCU and they have solid AC.

Omni-Armed Forces Armor
    How to get: Raid Smug and Fred in the Sentinels base in Wailing Wastes. They will drop DNA Locked Armor, which you have to bring back to Supply Master Eel in the OTAF Base in Avalon. He will then give you an Armed Forces Piece, depending on what type you gave him.
    Description: A good alternative to Azure, this set is the next best pure Rubi-Ka armor set. Less health than Azure, and with some different mods, this is more directed towards Ranged Professions. However, it is certainly a good set even for MA`s, and the Tank is just wonderful.

Superior Sentinels Armor
    How to get:: Raid Eel and Kaehler(?) in the OTAF base in Avalon. They will drop DNA Locked Armor, which you have to bring back to Supply Master Smug in the Sentinels Base in Wailing Wastes. He will then give you a Superior Sentinels Piece, depending on what type you gave him.
    Description: The same as Omni-Armed Forces apart from the Tank, Sentinels armor lack it. Less health than Azure, and with some different mods, this is more directed towards Ranged Professions. However, it is certainly a good set even for MA`s, but the lack of a Back Armor is kinda strange since otherwise its identical to the Omni Version.

16: Rubi-Ka Back Armor/Other Pieces

Low Level Back Armor

Exarch Robe
    How to Get: Drops of Exarchs in the Temple of Three Winds
    Description: A Cheap, easy to get, yet good low level back armor. Very common.

Gamboling Master`s Wear
    How to Get: Drops of Cerubin in Crypt of Home
    Description: A Great low to mid level MA Back armor. Boosting several important stats like Martial Arts, Physical Init, Brawl and Add All Off, this is a very nice back armor. Too bad it`s pink though, but overall you can`t go wrong with it.

Guardian Tank Armor
    How to Get: Drops of Guardian of Time in the Temple of Three Winds. Somehow bad droprate.
    Description: A great low level back armor. It has very good AC for the level you can equip it(Actually, more or less unmatched), and it does look good.

Mid Level Back Armor

Advanced Black Organic Combat Suit
    How to Get: The most famous mission boss loot. Ever.
    Description: Even to this date, the four Combat Suits are very popular. They are easy to obtain, and boost a range of skills depending on what you want. The Black Suit looks great, and boosts evades with 24 points.

Advanced Blue Organic Combat Suit
    Description: Even to this date, the four Combat Suits are very popular. They are easy to obtain, and boost a range of skills depending on what you want. The Blue Suit looks nice, and boosts Martial Arts, Physical Init and Brawl. A Winner.

Advanced Turquoise Organic Combat Suit
    Description: Even to this date, the four Combat Suits are very popular. They are easy to obtain, and boost a range of skills depending on what you want. The Blue Suit lacks in the looks department, but works as a beefed up Neleb`s Coat, boosting 8 to all nanoskills. Great for casting buffs earlier.

Aura Magnifier
    How to Get: Drops rarely from Tara in Camelot.
    Description: A Nice invisible backarmor. It doesn`t offer too much protection, but it increases damage. When you see a Martial Artist without any visible Back Armor, he/she just might be wearing this one.

Heavily Padded Overcoat
    How to Get: Drops of Tara, common.
    Description: This nice looking coat is not often used by Martial Artists, but it does look nice, and it is easy to get and easy to equip.

Red Organic Combat Suit
    Description: Even to this date, the four Combat Suits are very popular. They are easy to obtain, and boost a range of skills depending on what you want. The Red suit looks good, and it adds 300 to Max Health and 20 to First Aid.

High Level Back Armor

Heavy Notum Tank Armor
    How to Get: Drops of some of the Mercs in Eastern Fouls Plains.
    Description: A Very popular MA Back Armor at higher levels, and when you take a look at the mods, its not hard to see why. Good AC, Health, Evades and Brawl. It also looks good.

Light Notum Tank Armor
    Description: The Least popular of the Notum Tanks, this is still a good back armor. Its also very cheap. Decent AC, but weak mods makes it a okay back armor from 175.

Medium Notum Tank Armor
    Description: A bit weaker than the Heavy Version, this is still a good back armor. Good AC, with ok mods makes it a fine choice at 175.

Omni Armed Forces Tank Armor
    How to Get: Armed Forces Tank Guide
    Description: My favorite back armor. This dead sexy armor is not often used by Martial Artists since it really doesn`t boost too many things we can take advantage of compared to the Heavy Notum Tank. However, it has a bigger HP mod, and it has Max Nano and Nano Resist which helps out alot. Did I mention it looks sexy?

Robust Backpack
    How to Get: Drops rarely from Tara. Be Prepared to bid skyhigh.
    Description: For pure damage, look no further. It is sought after by many players because it has both great damage mods and it has a huge HP Mod. AC isn`t too shabby either.

Seperate Armor Pieces

Brother`s Brass Knuckles
    How to Get: Drops in Crypt of Home. Not Quite Sure about the Mob.
    Description: Nice MA Gloves that adds to the general damage output. For the extra little Oomph when fighting Hecklers, put on this one.

Fist of Orion
    How to Get: Drops in Temple of Three Winds, I believe of either that ugly demon or the last boss.
    Description: Handy gloves found in the Temple of Three Winds, only for us

Globe of Clarity
    How to Get: Drops from Tara, Common.
    Description: Very popular because of the crit and Add All mods.

Kevlar Armbands
    How to Get: Drops from Daria in Lush Fields
    Description: Useful if you need more Parry, but its not really used much.

Smelly Butcher Gloves
    How to Get: Drops from Tara, Rare.
    Description: Melee and Ma skill bonuses, very nice gloves. Somewhat hard to get though.

Spirit Focus
    How to Get: Drops from Forefather, Smugglers Den in Southern Fouls hills.
    Description: One of the most popular low-mid level sleeves. Adds some HP, Martial Arts, extra damage and a little AC.

Stone Samurai Boots
    How to Get: Drops rarely from Ian Warr in the old Merc camp.
    Description: Nice Boots, but the mods could be better. 40 Evade Close Combat is never a bad thing however.

Titan Viper Tattoo
    How to Get: Drops from Diamondine Soldier in Eastern Fouls Plains.
    Description: Very nice Sleeve with Strength and Agility mods, useful for when twinking into Tier 3.

Very Very Very Hot Pants
    Description: A Great item if you need to boost Agility.

Very Very Very Cool Top
    Description: A Great item if you need to boost Sense.
    Last edited by Engelen; Jan 17th, 2006 at 17:49:20.

Ancient Container: Clan version drops off the Omega in the Unredeemed (underwater) temple in Adonis, who is incidently dressed in full MA tier 2 armor . She actually drops 2, one directly lootable and another inside Eva Pourais' Heirloom. "Use" it to open the heirloom and another AC will appear. Make sure you have the original AC on a different character though, cause it's unique.
    Not sure about the Omni version, but it should work the same way: mob that spawns after you feed the insignias should drop it.

Eva Pourais` Snakeskin Patch: Same mob as above (also in the same way related to Joshua Khan's Catskin Patch as explained above).

Yellow Force Tight Armor Set: I looted a chest piece from a chest in an SL static mission.

Bigot's Earring of Sacrifice: drops off Bigot Helozabasael and Bigot Nzaemihiel in Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Khailea
    Ancient Container: Clan version drops off the Omega in the Unredeemed (underwater) temple in Adonis, who is incidently dressed in full MA tier 2 armor . She actually drops 2, one directly lootable and another inside Eva Pourais' Heirloom. "Use" it to open the heirloom and another AC will appear. Make sure you have the original AC on a different character though, cause it's unique.
    Not sure about the Omni version, but it should work the same way: mob that spawns after you feed the insignias should drop it.

Eva Pourais` Snakeskin Patch: Same mob as above (also in the same way related to Joshua Khan's Catskin Patch as explained above).

Yellow Force Tight Armor Set: I looted a chest piece from a chest in an SL static mission.

Bigot's Earring of Sacrifice: drops off Bigot Helozabasael and Bigot Nzaemihiel in Inferno.
    Thanks Khailea, I`ll get it updated right away

Part 5: Rubi-Ka Equipment

Rubi-Ka Equipment

Fist of the Dominator
    How to get: Drops from Hezak,Gelid and Dominus Jiannu in Inner Sanctum.
    Description: The best Left Wrist Implant for any MA. Not that hard to get anymore actually, just need some luck with the drop.
    (Thanks to Gonoc for Jiannu)

Ring of the Monkey Tail
    How to get: Khailea`s Guide on the Profession Ring
    Description: A very nice ring. The Intelligence, Nano Init and 1HB helps out with several things, so its always nice to carry this with you.

Gurgling River Sprite
    How to Get: I Believe the 7th Brood Champion in Hollow Island
    Description: A Very good scope for any MA. With only a -50 to Physical Init, and 5% Crit Chance, including several other MA mods, this is the scope to get. The Crit is not as high, but the crit gain compared to the speed loss is fantastic.

Power Puller
    How to Get: Drops from Dynabosses on Rubi-Ka
    Description: Very Nice item for either equipping a bow or keeping your Attack Rating up. Should not be too hard to find.

Small Ebony Figurines
    How to Get: Drops from the mobs in the Primus Camp in Eastern Fouls Plains
    Description: One of the most common items that boost Martial Arts, but still its just too valuable to ignore. 8 Points to Martial Arts and 12 to Physical Init might not sound much, but it all adds up.

Third Eye of Daria
    Description: This little beauty is extemely helpful when you are trying to cast nanos earlier like FFoK and UVC. Not much for Armor, but as a buffing item it is one of the best MA`s can use at lower to mid levels.
    Last edited by Engelen; Jan 17th, 2006 at 17:49:53.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast