Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Engelens MA Guide

Originally posted by Jen
    6. One thing about MA attacks that some newbies may not realize is that if it is resisted, you can just spam them to hell and back till it lands, thereby making the resist factor more of an irritant then anything else. (Vaguely remembers a long time ago not realizing this for the longest time and thinking how useless they were because of my nubiness.)
    hmm, I have to disagree on this one. It seems that while Im spamming specials in hopes of landing them, my regular attacks are put on hold and dont recommence until I stop my spamming efforts.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

WoW ftw.

It does of course depend on the attack. Its not worth trying to spam a Bird of Prey or Blessed with Thunder, but Flower of Life, absolutely.

I do that when fighting hecklers, I save all MA attacks so that FOL always is ready. Once DOF+Limber runs out and the heckler starts bashing me, I get ready for FOL. Against hecklers, its usually no problem, but..you get my point
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

Noticed that you have not listed apoc/omni steel ribbed armor as an option. I think that this could be a viable option as well. I have just started on my MA toon and am currently still stuck in the temple, but I traded out my Tier 1 (160) for some ql 200 Omni steel ribbed, and really although the ac's go down, I love the evade and init bonuses. Plus it looks better than a lot of other armors (Omni Version anyway). Omni has better poision AC, Clan has more rounded evade bonuses.

Omni:

http://www.aodb.info/equipconfig.asp...alypse+Leather

Clan:

http://www.aodb.info/equipconfig.asp...k+Steel-Ribbed

Working on a set of this for my MA now.

Edit, meant to say that I had traded that out on my fixer, obviously my little MA is not wearing either 160 T1 or 200 anything.

Thanks Alexia, I`ll try to squeeze it in my Armor Section (Done by the way, credits given)
    Last edited by Engelen; Apr 16th, 2004 at 12:43:00.

Woot, I made the guide.

Dette kommer på norsk/dansk, du får oversette engelen. Duck explosions er den viktigste evasion skillen i SL, spesielt mot hecklers.

According to Chenyan, Duck Explosives is the most important Evade Skill in Shadowlands. Things might not be as black and white as I thought, and I`ve suspected that melee mobs are using different weapon types in SL for some time.

Sorry but thats not correct, im 100% convinced hecklers checks vs evade clsc , when I was lvling up my MP a shade friend were tanking ely heckler and he had no ips whatsoever invested in duck exp, only in evade clsc and he rarely got hit. If it would have been duck exp he would have been crited every hit.

I know that the chimeras in scheol use duck exp as defense skill tho cause I was tanking them with my keeper and got owned until I invested in duck exp.
    bye

Well, I am neutral towards it at the moment, some say this, some say that, as long as you max all three evades you should be fine though. Shadowlands is spooky that way....it seems that depending on the range, mobs change damage type. I`m not 100% sure of it, but from the monster attacks in the database, it almost seems like it. It could explain the nasty range hecklers get...they just swap to ranged instead of melee when you are far away. But again, I might be wrong. I choose to not state anything, only say what I see and hear.

And yeah, Batgirl has no Duck Exp, and she evades Hecklers just perfectly...so its a mystery.

Well I tested, did a lot of hecklers without duck explosion (about 80 levels). There was always some hits that critted more often than others. After I maxed my duck explosions to about 1500 I could suddenly take on hecklers with ease.

Wow....Thanks for the feedback, although it surely makes me more confused though. I do think there is a grain of truth in the fact that mobs can use different types of attacks, depending on distance and other factors. At very close they use Melee, then Duck and Dodge at range..Its just this feeling I have after checking SL attacks in the database..but I could be totally wild too. Still, it leaves the discussion open and it certainly seem to make Duck Exp more important No Matter What.

Something else I think is important to note is that the SL short time damage buffs doesnt nsd like the old rk ones. So if you are using damage buffs, go for the sl type if you are soloing or have the nano for it. The old ones require less nano to cast and might be more useful in certain situations.

Amazing guide, great work! A treat to read. I just came back to AO after a loing stint gone after some friends in game asked me back * attacks Gothvampyre for credits to start me off * ~ lol .

So, I started a MA, and your guide has already helped me alot.

-kupotek

My Home on the Web KittySafe Ntwrk
    Quote of the Month: "The day I feel sorry for someone who gets paid for browsing an internet forum is the day I peel off all my skin, make a canoe and set sail for Saturn." Alienchild

OMG I remember you! I remember you from the Kupo`s, welcome back

KUPO!^_^

So, is parry a IP sink used for a few of our nanos, without any other merit, or is parry worth spending in beyond the flower of life and crash nanos?
    '

My Home on the Web KittySafe Ntwrk
    Quote of the Month: "The day I feel sorry for someone who gets paid for browsing an internet forum is the day I peel off all my skin, make a canoe and set sail for Saturn." Alienchild

Both Parry and Riposte are a bit difficult to say at the moment. We have been told that it would be fixed for months and months now, yet it never does. Still, it does have a use, as you say, for Flower of Life and Blessed With Thunder. Riposte is used for Upon a Wave of Summer, a very nice but ignored by many special.

Regarding Tree of Enlightenment (book 4)
    as far as i know Acolyte Betany/Acolyte Opal should have a pretty good chance dropping it

Thanks Rimax, I`ve edited the guide and given you credits, really nice when people can fill the holes

Reverend Dashell drops ToE book 3/4

Originally posted by Rimax
    Reverend Dashell drops ToE book 3/4
    Very good, keep them coming Rimax and I`ll fill in the missing spots in the guide

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast