Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Engelens MA Guide

also yo might wanna state that book 4 is the hard one...

Hehe, thats the one I see people ask about over and over. It will definetly help once people know exactly WHERE it drops.

On a Sidenote, I included a specialized Chosen/Faithful part in my guide too now
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

Eremite Macro Sensor

nifty if you aint into scopes as a mid/low lvl

Do MAs eventually max all abilities? or do I need to concentrate on 3 or 4 of them for the rest of my days?
    Atlantean Omni

Question

Engelen?? anyone?

Do MAs eventually max all abilities? or do I need to concentrate on 3 or 4 of them for the rest of my days?

So far I am a level 30 opifex MA with all abilities maxxed. When crunchtime comes (or before) should I hold off on an ability or 2??

2nd question. I have both MA moves from totw now but it says something about needing someone to decipher them. Any idea who/where that is?

Thanks
    Atlantean Omni

you will want to hold off on some of the abilities in crunchtime for awhile. However when you level up more I hear the IP gets way easier and you'll want to max them again.

To get the temple attacks you have to take the books to some lady west of the temple. I can't remember the name. She is really far west and a little south of the temple, in a big stone outcropping. Find the outcropping, walk to the middle to find her, and then talk to her to get the attacks from the books. I'm sure somewhere around here it says something more specific about where she is but I don't remember off the top of my head. Sorry.

good luck to you.

At lower levels when the IP is tight, I would recommend maxing Agility, Strength and Intelligence, and increasing the left if you have IP to spare. No matter how you look at it, all three abilities are our most important ones, both armor, skill and implantwise.

In the end, max all abilities, as all are of great use to us.

Sorry that it took a little while to reply there

Thanks. I was worried that I was wasting IPs by raising all my abilities. I will hold off even though I have 30k IPs to spare because I know I will run out eventually. It makes it easier to know that I am not wasting IPs.

I found both books in totw fairly easy to find. I heard it would be tough. I found all pieces in one trip to from the entrance to exarch/GoT area and back again (1 hour or so). Maybe I was just lucky.
    Atlantean Omni

Level 33 and I am already out

BTW, I am missing book 3 , got 4 on my first mob kill at level 15

level 30 and I have a ton. I haven't raised duck or nano resist though. I probably won't for awhile.
    Atlantean Omni

very nice work engelen.

I do disagree to your comment on not recommending using disharmony perkline tho'. When you have trained it with 10 perk points it adds 240 to dmg and heals for 312 which is pretty nice. Since I havent been lowlevel MA post-SL I cannot tell for sure if its good for MAs below 200. I first tried it after level 213 and when its trained to max it works really really great in pvm (and pvm only).
    Main chars :
    Tumtitum - 220 Soldier, Atlantean
    Darkseraphin - 220 NT, Atlantean
    Twinfootwo - 220 Martial Artist, Atlantean
    There is no foot in my name!
    Shaolinna - 218 Agent, Atlantean

First person to be drunk every single level from 1 to 220 ..ever......

I spent quite some time deciding wether or not to recommend it. If you only PvM, its a good perk, but if you ever consider PvP`ing you gotta leave it alone. I didnt want to lock a player into either situation as of now, and on lower levels you are better off using Unstunnable and other Perk Lines. Disharmony Only gets good on High Levels(Thats when the good effect really kicks in). Still, too many perk points spent on too little effect(The lower points) and being crippled in PvP due to Dual Reflects made me decide that I didnt recommend it for General use. If they would fix the whole thing about it activating two damage shields, I`d reconsider it

I think the best recommendation for Disharmony is don't bother to raise it pre-210. The points are just wasted and can be put to better use.

But at 210 you have to make a decision - am I pure PvM, or pure PvP, or do I want to compromise and be OK at both rather than excellent at one or the other?

If you solo a lot and want to have the best damage output for PvM, at 213 and above maxed Disharmony is essential imo. If you aren't going to max it forget it. At least with perks FC gave us a reset option so we can change when we need to.
    Dormouse Martial Artist lvl 220 Enlightened Guru, 'Hero' alien killer, General of United
    Gruntley MP lvl 220 Enlightened Deity - Atrox, 'cos size does matter
    Cenicera MP lvl 113 - Nanomage 'cos brains matter too
    Wetnurse Doctor lvl 216 - Dorm's pocket doc
    Leadhead666 Soldier lvl 218 - Work in progress
    Skaramouche Fixer lvl 151 - twink? don't know what you mean

Semper in excretia, solum profundum variat

RK for loot, SL for XP, AI for rolling on the floor laughing at the Gen-HX cannon-fodder - WilloTheFist

To be honest I'm resetting it right now since I like to pvp and it doesnt work AT ALL (unless you are more than one person on a target :P). I do know a lot of MAs who doesnt pvp at all and those I know have maxed CiB instead of Disharmony. Something I now realised I wouldnt do if I was only doing pvm. Imo disharm is far better for pvm than cib is (now confirmed that this isnt true pre level 210).

.....and now to make a list of fun things to do while resetting 10 perkpoints
    Main chars :
    Tumtitum - 220 Soldier, Atlantean
    Darkseraphin - 220 NT, Atlantean
    Twinfootwo - 220 Martial Artist, Atlantean
    There is no foot in my name!
    Shaolinna - 218 Agent, Atlantean

First person to be drunk every single level from 1 to 220 ..ever......

I like the dedication you put in to it, good work on it

/applause!!! ubah work Engelen!!!

u just cant leave... omgz...

This defintely should be a sticky

I've tried a few professions since starting MA, and its very useful to other profs also

It was actually sticky, but we had very many sticky`s and decided to clean up, so we put all the guides under the "Old Guides" Thread. Might not be as instantly visible as before unfortunately, but it really helped the look of this place

I will start working on the guide with AI perks and stuff, but I really have to get AI first, my copy arrives tomorrow

Talking Thanx

HowDee all,

I just wanted to thank Engelen, and everyone else who added to this MA guide.

I have read this through several times, and it has helped me create a useful character that I enjoy playing even with my limited experience with AO at the time I started playing.

Thanx for helping me create a GiMp Free toon, much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Kamyn.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast