Thread: Nuetrals in 25% zones

Nuetrals in 25% zones

i have nothing against neutrals IC or OOC...

however, if there is a nuetral in a 25% zone then just like ANYONE who enters a 25% zone, they have to be careful because they are fair game for a pvp battle.

understanding that is key.

what i don't understand are some nuetrals who think that simply because they are nuetral they should be free from being attacked.

the world of rubi-ka is on the brink of war (despite this 'accord' that is happening between an omni faction and a clan faction). many clanners and omnis feel that nuetrals lack conviction because they refuse to pick a side...that is enough to attack them.

now i've had battles with nuetrals and omnis, and have been quite friendly with both (as this IS only a game)...

but yesterday i met some nasty foul mouthed nuetral that i killed in stret west.

here's how the conversation proceeded after the fight -

i said "nice fight...you almost got me!"
    he said "f*** you! i'm nuetral! you can't attack me!"

then his entire guild started threatening me.

1) grow up.
    2) nuetrals can't initiate attacks so good luck trying to kill me.

for nuetrals that this doesn't apply, please don't flame me.

like i said, i've helped out nuetrals and omnis alike even though i'm a clanner. i've given directions to omnis and money to nuetrals. but when any player turns in to a foul mouthed little child it ruins the game.

i just needed to write this...even though it has almost no point.

Post ah..well....

Maybe, since your a clanner, attacking neutrals is ok with you (RP j/k).

I really don't understand why Neutrals don't get first shot instead of the way it is now. Those that choose to not commit to either side should not just be cannon fodder.

As an Honorable Omni Solider, I don't shot the innocents and neither should the clanners.

i see

i understand what you are saying...

all's i'm saying is that nuetrals shouldn't expect not to be attacked when in a political zone, and they cry about it when they do get attacked.

i've seen omnis blow nuetrals away without warning in political zones, so it isn't a clan or omni thing.

it's a nuetral issue that just needs to be brought to their attention. if you walk into a political zone, don't be hanging out by yourself and expect that you are just going to be fine.

%25 zone = be careful. that's all.

as far as why nuetrals can't initiate attack...i think it's fine. if they don't want to pick a side, there is no reason why they should be allowed to attack everyone. why should a nuetral be able to attack both omnis and clanners?

in any case, typically i don't attack nuetrals. on one occasion i did (because i logged on right in the middle of stret west, did a [tab], pulled up a character and fired before i got attacked)

it turned out to be a nuetral.

i said, "nice fight..."
    he said, "f- you."

i just thought that the guy was a loser for thinking that he shouldn't be attacked solely because he's a nuetral.

nuetrals enter the game knowing the risk of being nuetral. they know they are vulnerable to both omni and clan attacks. they should just accept it or travel in numbers. but they shouldn't cry about it when they're killed.

Down with Omni-Tek! *wink*

neutrals, not enemies

The problem for me is that as a neutral I will show up on your [tab] target list regardless of what side you are. There are so few of us neutrals out there that very few if any folks check to make sure I'm an enemy player and not a neutral. Though I don't like it, if you know I'm neutral and still want to kill me, then go ahead and do it, but I would like at least the chance of having my killer know I'm neutral first. Nobody is gonna bother to hit 'T' on the keyboard to verify the opennents side. All I'm asking is that at the very least show some an opennents side some other way such as an icon or moving the player from [tab] to some other key-stroke (I'd prefer [ctrl]-[tab] like friendlies, but I suspect I'm asking to much).

Talking Neutrals good

I make a rule of it never to kill anyone not a clanner. Neutrals are simply citizens of rubi-ka who are not employees of omni-tek. The only people worthy of death are clan scum. They must all be punished. NO STUPID CLANNER MUST BE ALLOWED TO EXIST ON THIS PLANET!!!! Oops, I got absorbed in a clan hate fest. Anyway, neutrals can't attack us, I'd like everyone out there to not attack them. Although, I think sometime during the story twist neutrals will be made able to initiate combat, because the fighting is so intense. Trust me folks, this amnesty is not going to last. I think everyone should go find a neutral friend to buff! Yay for non-clanners!

---Use that new gun on a clan member today!---

dr franken

if i had known he was a neutral, i wouldn't have attacked...

but once i did, his bot attacked me and i was forced to kill him

afterwards i tried to be coordial and explain the situation and he went off...

but it's all good...i put him on my /ignore list.

he can't bother me any more 8*)

Angry Kill neutrals if you want

Why should you nutes get to go around and live in freedom while we clanners have to live in a state of paranoia? If you don't want to fight for your freedom then you must be prepared to die for it!!

Why should you nutes get to go around and live in freedom while we clanners have to live in a state of paranoia? If you don't want to fight for your freedom then you must be prepared to die for it!!
    Think about it this way.

Switzerland isn't on any side in any conflict.

Does the UN go in and nuke em off the map? No! Not even if there's a war in their backyard.

Neutrals are potential allies. If you are really into the game, then maybe you should think by being a clanner that kills neuts you are simply causing that person to want to be an Omni. I know that I have considered joining Omni several times (but won't) because almost every clanner I've met is a total idiot. I've never been shot by an Omni in a political zone, but I've been randomly smoked by many a clanner for no reason at all. Omnis seem to be better at RP, plain and simple. Best example: In political zone, a bunch of Omni enforcers on guard duty:

Omni: Good day sir.
    me: Definitely. Looking sharp, soldiers. I'm just passing through here, onto a mission.
    Omni: Omni Tek Is your friend. You don't have to worry about any clanners around these parts.
    me: Why thank you.
    Omni: Have you ever considered joining the corporation?
    me: Hmm... perhaps.... but for now, I think I'd prefer to stay out of the conflict.
    Omni: Very well, good hunting then.

If you say you don't care if we join the other side, then maybe you should go play Quake 3, as you are obviously not interested in the RPG part of MMORPG.

The only reason I wish I could PvP is so that I could defend myself :-).

Smile KiLLem AlL

whats wrong with killing neutrals? if they didnt want me to kill them then they would run faster.

Angry Re: KiLLem AlL

Originally posted by killingspree
    whats wrong with killing neutrals? if they didnt want me to kill them then they would run faster.
    Always happy to see the well reasoned argument...:P

Neutrals were attractive to many as a holding station. TO others, as a 'career choice' for lack fo better phrasing.

Thing is, neutrals are just a holding station at present. We can't compete at higher levels ,and while funcom promises 'benefits in future' we hav esquat right now and a whack of disadvantages.

I'm not a neutral in the 'don't shoot, i'm neutral camp' If you wish to take the 'not with us then against us' posture, perfectly reasonable.

What most neutrals _I know_ (please note qualifier) object too is the clear imbalance between being a universal target and not being able to retalitate. We simply have no chiocie but to be teh punching bag.

Now, as for 25% areas, as anyone who read my 'political ridge line post' ages ago knows, if we are able to know we are in a 25% zone in advance, and couldn't just be shot the moment we cross the boundary and are notified we have done so, you would have a lot fewer angry neutrals.

Btw, and i say this with no malice borrace or killingspree, don't make mistake that neutrals in general are not paying attention to who is shooting whom. At present, the neutral conditions violate a fundamental precept of FUncoms' stated operating philosophy.

Funcom, you say you will not reward people for actions that involve no risk for comensurate reward. Well, guess what funcom: IN CURRENT MODEL KILLING NEUTRALS IS A NO RISK SCENARIO AS THE FIRST VOLLEY OF FIRE IS ESSENTIALLY STILL THE DETERMINING FACTOR AND NEUTRALS CANNOT SEEK ANY REPRISALS VIA NEUTRAL CHANNELS!.

Now, that is a Funcom gripe. You guys want to kill neutrals that is your choice. What we object to is not being able to legitimately do anythign about it. It is simply broken and, like so much in AO, non-sensical.

Profit

P.s. Neutrals should also be the obvious home of gunrunners, bounty hunters, criminals and mercs for hire...How marvellous that none of these character concepts that _clearly exist in the AO movies provided_ are simply not possible in their game. Bravo, Funcom. You really think these things through.

Arrow been thinkin the same thing

Neutrals should have some sort of special class when they join the game. be it bounty hunters, criminals, mercs, etc. what he said above.

there really isn't much enticement to join neutral in the game.

FUNCOM IF YOU ARE LISTENING, REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Gen. Patton

Re: been thinkin the same thing

Originally posted by Patton
    Neutrals should have some sort of special class when they join the game. be it bounty hunters, criminals, mercs, etc. what he said above.

FUNCOM IF YOU ARE LISTENING, REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Gen. Patton
    there is not supposed to be any reason to join neutrals...

this is a game of clans vs OT.

It was always my opinion that neutrals were nothing more than people picking sides (and neutral ground for OT and Clan to meet on). You get nothing because they dont want people being neutral.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Re: been thinkin the same thing

Originally posted by Patton
    Gen. Patton
    In case you haven't noticed, Funcom doesn't care about neutrals. They would much prefer you picked a side. As would the rest of us. There is not supposed to be an "enticement".

-D
    Omni-Tek is your friend. Come, join your friend, poor neutral.

Omni-Tek, where you get to shoot first if you want.

Omni-Tek, where you can use tokens to get bonuses!

Omni-Tek, where the truly elite are. (as opposed to the "supah-l33t" clanners)

-First Order-
    Omni Elite

I personally dont attack neutrals. Ive seen many omni scum do it.

The only reason an omni wouldn't want to kill neutrals is to enslave them to work in their notum mines or to turn them into the hideous mutants and release them on the countryside.

How can omni be honorable if they even have SLAVES in their cities (i have seen the slaves and you can target them from the air in your yalmahas if you fly overhead)

ya I think neutals should be the carebear faction too

They should be able to initiate attacks in 25% but not be attacked in 25%. In 0% gas though all bets should be off.

Easy answers

Well, its free of dOOdz. All the fellow neutrals I have met in game were nice reasonable ppl with an interest in roleplaying. This is a VERY good reason for me to stay neutral. A happy small family!(and we can form guilds too now )
    Thats why I'm against giving neutrals the possibility to attack both sides in PvP. The dOOdz would start neutral ubertwinks for PvP and it would be harder to find worthy ppl in game.

Val
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

There should be a special flag for neutrals

I think if I were in a 25% zone and I tabbed and brought up a player I would shoot first and ask questions later. That is just sheer survival instinct (unless of course they were red in which case I would run like hell )

Perhaps neutrals should have some special flag that would show up when you tabbed. That way those of us who don't want to attack neutrals would know immediately whether or not someone was neutral.

But I'm afraid that you will have to "expect" to be attacked when in political zones just like the rest of us.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain