Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: To Rebuild A Council

Meister is the perfect example on speak first think later.
    Clan wants peace, they form a council, Omni-tek also want peace. But they decide to set out dead or alive warrants on the main members of the council, the council that want peace. As im a member of the council i KNOW they want peace, and not war.

In my honest opinion as a clanner, and from what i`ve seen in the past, i think Meister is no longer a worthy spokesman or Director of such a large organization as Omni-Pol. You are burned out, all you see is hate. Try to look after other solutions then killing, as that seems to be the easy way for you.
    Enforcedman - 158 - Enforcer - Squishy tanker
    Gunghot - 65 - Soldier - One man artillery with JAME -Original one and only-Created and twinked @ 11/1-04 (tm)

Indeed.. that is how I work.
    Anyway... the old Council of Truth failed in negotiating a lasting peace. The last amnesty we had is almost 2 years ago. Radiman, the former spokesperson of the CoT was invited back by you into this new to-be-formed council as the same spokesperson. You seem to forget that the CoT and Radiman were linked to the Dust Brigade attacks that happened numerous times on Rubi-Ka in the last 2 years, one of them resulting in my own death - which was not a pleasant experience.

Investigations have shown that the CoT was involved with all these and unfortunately we did not get very far with investigating the 2 council members we had found out to be the main factors in this. They were killed and only their broken NCUs were left over, which did not reveal too much information.

Radiman is still wanted and as long as he is marked as a criminal and wanted for his involvement in Dust Brigade dealings, he shall not be spokesperson of the Council of Truth again. As such he would represent the clans to Omni-Tek, eventually be in contact with Mr. Ross and I cannot allow such security risks to happen.

Form your council if you must, but not with Radiman.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Originally posted by Meister
    (...)he shall not be spokesperson of the Council of Truth again.

Form your council if you must, but not with Radiman.
    Director Meister...you are not a clanner...so you don't get a say in who gets to join the council or who gets to speak for it. It's as simple as that, really *smiles*.

Dr. Elicia Washko

Meister, Your lack of information once again is very telling. Where do you get your intel? Were not proposing that Radiman be the Spokesperson, infact there has been no decision on who will be the Spokesperson. And even if he was, the Spokesperson is just a Spokesperson, he doesnt make the laws. The government will be a Democracy which means everyone makes the laws, not the Spokesperson. Decisions are democratic, and everyone has a say in them, not just the spokesperson. You are equating the Spokesperson of the Council to a Dictator. Which in a Democracy is not possible.

Dont confuse our system of government with the tyranny that is Omni-Tek. The Council is Democratic, and the Spokesperson is yet to be elected.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

So, Meister, you still beleive in the fabrications made against mr. Radiaman and the CoT. Well, Ill give you one thing: You dont give up on a dead horse easy.
    Now, I hereby, and Im sure I will have most Clans with me on this; Mr. Phillip Ross is wanted on grounds of attempted genocide, repeated mass murdering actions into clan territory, and for masterminding terrorist attacks on Clan property. Dead or alive. He is also wanted on su****ion of being involved with the DustBrigade, and the numerous killings made against Clan leaders by said DB. Should it suit our purpose (we have after all learned *something* from OT and OP), we have several other crimes up our sleeve that we will make fit the bill.

Ludicrous you say? Sure......about as ludicrous as the allegations you make towards mr. Radiman.

Another point: As mr. Benjacrat states, the CoT will be a democratic entity, and..the spokesperson a mere spokesperson, a face to the crowds.

Long live the Clans.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Clarification

The Spokesman for the CoT has never, and will NEVER hold a vote. His function is that of representative, and when need be a guiding point for the council to focus.

I will quote his words from 29475 in a Tag Interview:

"I don’t think it’s fair to say that I lead the Council," says Henry Radiman in his trademark baritone voice. "I help the Council organise itself, and I’m its envoy. It’s important for the clans to speak with one voice,"
    It is Mr. Radiman that has assisted the current Council of Truth Clerical Staff to have access to the CoT building in Tir.

It will be OUR decision, those who will form a new CoT to decide if Mr. Radiman will once again be our Spokesman, or choose another qualified person to do so, not the corporation, not ICC, and certainly not you Mr. Meister.

Good day to you all.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Democracy works for me. That means that we don't have to blame everything on just one Clanner and can exact vengence accordingly.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Nevver
    Democracy works for me. That means that we don't have to blame everything on just one Clanner and can exact vengence accordingly.
    I know I said I would sit back and keep my mouth shut, But I guess I am Going to break that..

This here again proves that Omni-Tek is not wanting for peace.. Your a sick group of people and we are your cure. Please before it is to late give peace a chance and lets stop this bloodshed...

Long Live the Clans!
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Originally posted by Enforcedman
    Meister is the perfect example on speak first think later.
    Indeed.. that is how I work.
    I'm not so sure the 'think later' part happens at all.

Originally posted by Quool
    The clans most certainly can succeed. The CoT originally formed in 29396 and the people of Rubi-Ka enjoyed 63 years of peace between Omni-Tek and the clans.

Although it did not endure forever, I consider the old CoT an outstanding success.
    Anyway... the old Council of Truth failed in negotiating a lasting peace.
    63 years would allow most of us here to live out our lives in peace, and allow our children to grow up without fear.

You seem to forget that the CoT and Radiman were linked to the Dust Brigade attacks that happened numerous times on Rubi-Ka in the last 2 years, one of them resulting in my own death - which was not a pleasant experience.

Investigations have shown that the CoT was involved with all these and unfortunately we did not get very far with investigating the 2 council members we had found out to be the main factors in this. They were killed and only their broken NCUs were left over, which did not reveal too much information.
    Why then are they 'Dead or Alive' warrants? There is still the very likely possibility that the CoT aided the Dust Brigade unwittingly, and that they could have information that could lead to the true terrorists.

Radiman is wanted for questioning, and su****ion of wrong-doing. Advertising Omni-Pol's interest in speaking with these people endangers their lives and the progress of the investigation, just as it resulted in the deaths of Max Spiva and Carlene Solari.

OOC:

Some useful links:

http://www.anarchyonline.com/content...ilfallen2.html (Found it, thanks Windguaerd)

http://www.anarchyonline.com/content...stillhunt.html
    Max "Quool" Marsalis

Originally posted by Boomtastic
    This here again proves that Omni-Tek is not wanting for peace.. Your a sick group of people and we are your cure. Please before it is to late give peace a chance and lets stop this bloodshed...
    Long Live the Clans!
    *coughs*

I don't count as a person huh? The belief of conditional equality only for a select group of is inherently unequal.

Did you know that at one point in time that an Omni-Tek group managed to organize and assemble a political that was even more democratic than the Council of Truth will ever be? Don't believe me? The Diplomatic Assembly was a assembly of people and organizations from all three sides (Omni-Tek, Neutrals, Clanners) and was the only group that managed to challenge the Council of Ares(a 'demcratic' Clan alliance wishing to plunge the entirety of Rubi-Ka into war).

The Diplomatic Assembly was short-lived with the start of the Notum Wars following soon after. Greed and mindless violence have prevailed. There hasn't been another political alliance quite like it since then.

The ones that don't seek peace have been open about wanting war. But the ones that say they want peace and end up doing something that only results in generateing more hostility, then blameing it on the opposite side to prove that peace is impossible? This group by far are the most treacherous of them all.

Regards,
    Administrator Houston
    Omni-Admin
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Charles, according from Meister`s and Nevver`s words, Omni dont want to have peace with the clanners, they want 100% dominance and cost whatever the cost is..

That is a shame, when the clans finally manage to gather a council that wants peace, omni wants it wiped out.
    I am not the agressive kinda trox, but i can be nasty if i get mad..just a small hint Meister..
    Gunghot - 65 - Soldier - One man artillery with JAME -Original one and only-Created and twinked @ 11/1-04 (tm)

Do I dare point out that the only long lasting goverment on this planet is Omni-Tek? Your CoT disbanded suddenly and with no warning. Omni-Tek as far as I was aware at that point was trying to solve our issues and had a crease fire in effect. We did cansel that crease fire when the CoT vanished. Why keep a crease fire in effect for a entity that Omni-Tek has far as we knew no longer existed. And now you want us to start again in faith with another CoT. Whats preventing them from wandering off yet again? Why should we step forth and accept something that could be another temporary thing?

It is as of yet unknown what Radiman or anyone else from the former CoT were doing during their absence. For all I care, you can make up a new council - until it is worth Omni-Tek's attention, some time will have to pass and your council will have to prove that it is worth working with.

Radiman had his time. His prime is long over and he has failed. And I admit, that I considered him the "leader" of the old CoT, since that is very much what he was. He did the negotiations with Mr. Ross and succeeded in at least one of them - the amnesty, which was very welcome. But the way the old CoT disappeared and nothing was heard from them for quite some time, speaks volumes for me - I do not trust Radiman any longer and will not allow him to be an envoy for a new council with his recent past still being in the dark.

Expect him to be shot on sight, should he dare entering Omni-Tek territory. And before you ask again why we'd want him dead or alive - our technology is not limited to alive bodies to find information.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.

Originally posted by Enforcedman
    That is a shame, when the clans finally manage to gather a council that wants peace, omni wants it wiped out.
    <chokes in a scornful little laughter on her morning coffee, while reading the news>

"A council that wants peace?" I'll fully believe this when we'll stop seeing certain of yer people in favor of a new Council state ambiguous (or not so...) things such as "we can all have peace, the whole of Rubi Ka under the clans". What are these 'peace attempts' supposed ta be like, I really wonder...

What I see in all of this is, once again, an attempt at taking tha *whole* planet. So... are ya really better than us "evil Omni-Tek employees"? Hahaha.

Hypocrits.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

I do not trust Radiman any longer and will not allow him to be an envoy for a new council with his recent past still being in the dark.
    And I repeat....no one cares whether or not you trust him, Meister...it's a matter for the clans, not Omni-Pol. We are the ones who has to decide if we trust him again or not. Your opinion is worthless, and you're in no position to say what you will and will not allow a clanner to do.

Issue all the warrants, death threats and accusations you want, Meister...it changes nothing.

In that case, can I send flowers, compliments and issue greeting cards against the clanners then?
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Well... Lille/Wave... that is exactly the attitude why the clans will never have a "council that wants peace". This council you want to build will never be trustworthy with a figure like Radiman being its representative. I'd rather have Silverstone as the Council spokesman - at least he says right away what he wants and at least his actions can be foreseen. Unfortunately you are right and I have no say in this - but you cannot expect Omni-Tek to acknowledge this council with Radiman being part of it.

Unless Mr. Ross personally states that he welcomes Radiman back as the representative for the clans, my stance will not change. Do as you wish, I can already see that your plans are bound to fail. A democracy... made by the clans... a sweet illusion at best.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

In reply to Mirn, and others: Omni-Tek is NO government! Its a corporation, with enough military backing to govern based on the "power" principle. Do not kid yourselfes....OT is no government!
    The up and coming CoT will be much more in resemblance of a governmental body, as it will utilize democratic processes to lay down the course for the Clans. This of course dependant that we can get major support for the CoT to happen.

Again, OT is no goevernment, merely a militarily backed corporation.
    Let me put it this way; We, the Clans are here for the duration, we want to eventually build a planet and a community that is good, and peaceful to live upon for all those that so wish. To do this, we need a governmental structure in place. The CoT might be the beginning.
    Omni-Tek (the corporation) on the other hand, is only here to bleed the planet dry, and leave. Attempting to rule and own the people by pure military dictatorship. When the buck is gone, so will Omni-Tek be gone...leaving a broken planet behind.

This planet is home to millions of people that do not share OT values. To us, this is home, and where we want our children to grow up, and have a future.
    To me, this is the core of our fight.

Long live the clans.....and the future!
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Omni-Tek never claimed to be a government. Omni-Tek is, simply put, a corporation which is leasing a piece of property to conduct it's business. And, let me remind you, you Clans are trespassing on private property - property that is not yours to make your so-called democratic government in the first place.

Let me ask you this, Cogs, if I go to your apartment, sit on the couch and prop my feet up on the table because it feels like home to me, do I have the right to claim your apartment as my own because I like it?
    Last edited by Nevver; Dec 16th, 2003 at 17:45:50.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Let me ask you this, Cogs, if I go to your apartment, sit on the couch and prop my feet up on the table because it feels like home to me, do I have the right to claim your apartment as my own because I like it?
    IF you have gotten so far, i would think you already claimed it. Thats the Omni-Tek spirit, if you can`t have it, take it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast