Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Notum Export Prices fall

And on a side note I fogot to add, you will never hurt Omni-Tek's supply of notum. We have been mining notum since we got here, before the clans were formed. We have more than enough supply to lower our rates otherwise we wouldn't of done it. But, continue on your little exploration of big buisness if you must, it will all end the same. No matter what form the clan takes, rebels or a "oppressive" buisness, OT will always own this planet and be the biggest resource for notum, not the clans. As you can see alot of your contracts are already faltering and considering taking up buisness with a REAL corporation and not some upstart.

The Clans will never be free until they take on the responsibility that comes with freedom. They want to mine notum and make a profit, but they expect Omni-Tek to provide everything for them to do it - like processing and exportation facilities. Until they take on the burden themselves, they will always be under our thumb, crying about so-called "unfair" price drops while doing nothing to help themselves - like building their own facilities.

Omni-Tek is expected, by the Clans, to hold their collective hand and help them export their notum and all the while complaining about Omni-Tek and attacking it.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Shalex
    And on a side note I fogot to add, you will never hurt Omni-Tek's supply of notum. We have been mining notum since we got here, before the clans were formed. We have more than enough supply to lower our rates otherwise we wouldn't of done it. But, continue on your little exploration of big buisness if you must, it will all end the same. No matter what form the clan takes, rebels or a "oppressive" buisness, OT will always own this planet and be the biggest resource for notum, not the clans. As you can see alot of your contracts are already faltering and considering taking up buisness with a REAL corporation and not some upstart.
    Very true, the Clans often forget about the huge Omni-Tek deep notum mines. Even if the Clans owned all the surface mines on Rubi-Ka they would not control even half of the notum production. Omni-Tek mined over 100 million tons of notum a year before surface mines were deregulated by ICC. This was all in thier large and still solely Omni-Tek deep mines. The only way for the Clans to really end Omni-Tek's supremecy is to destroy the entire mining infrastructure, including the large deep mines.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Re: Red Planet Notum research Facility

Originally posted by Khastity

To:
    Board of Directors
    Red Planet Notum research Facility

Khastity
    Tempest Notum Mining Administration headquaters
    Legal Department

re: Discontinuation of contract to Import Clan mine notum

Hereby be notified your recent declaraction in the news cast above has led clan organizations to believe that if you continue to follow through with this action a breach of contract shall and will be immenent on your part. As you know your supply of Notum is contigent upon OT's delivery schedule not our extraction of notum ore. As is stated in Paragrah 12 Sub section A of your contract with Notum Ore Clan Consortium N.O.C.C.

"Delivery of Notum Ore in any form for this contract on the specified delivery dates and for the specified delivery amounts shall be the exspressed responsibility of Omni-Tek Merchanters, Association and its mother company Omni-Tek."

This paragraph was imposed on our contract by the Laws of ICC that gives the Omni tek Merchanters Association a monopoly on shipping of notum intergalactically. It is by no means in N.O.C.C.'s or any other Clan mining guilds control. It is also to prevent any smuggling in the shipping lanes.

OT has said that their reserves are plentiful to maintain the week without any ore extraction from clan organizations. This means that there will be no interuption in delivery of Notum ore to your research facility and therefore no breach of contract upon Clan organizations side. Therefore no reason to discontinue our contract.

If delivery of Notum Ore is reduced then this is a matter to take up with Omni- Tek not in any way a matter for Clan based operations many light years away on Rubi-Ka.

We encourage you to review your actions and statements in this matter and discuss the issue of delivery with OT as they have plenty of clan notum in reserves. We know because we track each batch and its sale. Also if you do not rescend this we will be forced to consider this a breach of contract if you act according to the latest News wire. In such case we will be forced to take legal action. If forced to do so that means you will forfeit all of your deposits on N.O.C.C. notum ore and also any of your holdings on Futures of Notum ore shall be seized by legal action immediately and held in escrow until the issue is resolved, which with all the coorperate battles could take years. I am sure we can resolve this issue if you would please just give me a call.

Thanks

Khastity
    General Tempest
    Ignoring for the moment the issue of nanomages (which is obviously of interest to me, since I am one), I have to say I'm really surprised that no one has commented on the above-quoted memo.

Let me say up front that I'm new to the Clans and to the issues of notum mining. Perhaps I simply misunderstand how the current arrangments work. Hopefully, someone will be able to confirm or deny the following:

Khastity, if you expect OT to tap in to the Clans' notum reserves to continue shipping Clan notum to clients of the Clans during this period in which you halt extraction and delivery of new notum, doesn't that just mean that you are shrinking the size of Clan reserves, without having any impact on the availability or price of notum?

The end result of this is that the Clans end up with a smaller reserve, which puts us at greater risk in case of emergency, for no benefit. If I was an off-world client, that type of irresponsible management would certainly cause me to consider taking my business to an alternate supplier.

This is a win-win situation for OT. Their short-term price cut will attract new contracts in the immediate future, while over the longer term companies who currently have contracts with the Clans will have to reconsider if that is a wise arrangement when the time comes to renegotiate their contracts. Certainly, we will be losing some fraction of those contracts in the coming months.

I understand and share your frustration with Omni-Tek's unilateral action that led to this plan of yours, but I fear you will just be handicapping the Clans while indirectly benefiting OT even further.

Regards,
    Loril

According to ICC regulations all notum mined by all parties on Rubi-Ka is delivered to Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka for processing, marketting, and transport. So in effect if you are mining notum on Rubi-Ka you are a sub contractor of Omni-Tek. Clans who mine notum are supporting the supremecy of Omni-Tek. Clans who mine notum today are traitors to thier founding cause in my opinion. Too many don't really look into the facts behind the deals thier superiors are making and just sign on thinking they are doing the right thing. But be assured, all those lovely profits you are getting from your notum, if you are clan, are table scraps that OT gives you to keep you nice and compliant. They don't care who mines it as long as all of it continues to feed thier monopolistic Mega Corp.

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Originally posted by Nevver:

The things that you complain about Omni-Tek charging you and not it's employees are at least perks of being an employee and others are just a part of what we do while working as employees in the course of a day. Why would Omni-Tek charge it's own employees a license fee to mine notum for it? We're employeed by Omni-Tek to mine notum for it in the first place. It would be like charging an employee a "desk tax" for using a place to sit and fill out paper work.

How about research, development and construction of insurance technolgy and the grid? Clanners sure seem to enjoy those luxuries quite a bit. Maybe Omni-Tek should start charging more for Clanners to insure and begin charging them a fee to enter the grid to offset THOSE costs of doing business here on RK. Or, if they don't want to pay those fees to help us recoup OUR costs, maybe Omni-Tek should just close off access to them.
    Nevver,

Go ahead and try it Nevver.....I welcome that action from Omni Tek
    It would be just the kick in the pants Clanners need to realize that Omni tek has not changed its ways...will nevver change its ways....and will if given the opprotunity to....will try and retake RK for its own exploiting purposes regardless of life, as OT has shown in the past.

I don't think you have heard a complaint utter from my lips Nevver. I have stated facts plain and simple. Aslo the stupid analogy you gave a minute ago is not correct. I am not complaining about perks of being an employee. It is the Fees charged to Guilds either Omni, clan or Neutral. There is a definate imbalance in those fees charge by Omni Tek and ICC to clan Guilds. Learn to read.

And as for those that think Clan has gone has gone corporate....

We have to compete on the economical battle field now as well.

When Omni Tek decides price cuts without discussing such actions with Clanner Organizations then we have to fight back.....We will fight back.....we will take action on that same battle field...this one is the economic battle field...and in the future we will ride in space merchanting our own Notum Ore but only when we are assured that recycling of notum can be sustainable on RK first.

We have heard nothing back from Ot in including Clan Guilds in Price stabilizastion negotiations. Expect a reply today as to whether we will resume notum ore extraction this week or not.

Khastity

Re: Re: Red Planet Notum research Facility

Originally posted by Kormath

Ignoring for the moment the issue of nanomages (which is obviously of interest to me, since I am one), I have to say I'm really surprised that no one has commented on the above-quoted memo.

Let me say up front that I'm new to the Clans and to the issues of notum mining. Perhaps I simply misunderstand how the current arrangments work. Hopefully, someone will be able to confirm or deny the following:

Khastity, if you expect OT to tap in to the Clans' notum reserves to continue shipping Clan notum to clients of the Clans during this period in which you halt extraction and delivery of new notum, doesn't that just mean that you are shrinking the size of Clan reserves, without having any impact on the availability or price of notum?

The end result of this is that the Clans end up with a smaller reserve, which puts us at greater risk in case of emergency, for no benefit. If I was an off-world client, that type of irresponsible management would certainly cause me to consider taking my business to an alternate supplier.

This is a win-win situation for OT. Their short-term price cut will attract new contracts in the immediate future, while over the longer term companies who currently have contracts with the Clans will have to reconsider if that is a wise arrangement when the time comes to renegotiate their contracts. Certainly, we will be losing some fraction of those contracts in the coming months.

I understand and share your frustration with Omni-Tek's unilateral action that led to this plan of yours, but I fear you will just be handicapping the Clans while indirectly benefiting OT even further.

Regards,
    Loril
    Lori,

Thank you for your response. Let me explain. OT keeps in reserves clan Notum ore in excess of 50% Contracted for the next 90 days. This is to

"offset any incapability of clan organizations to meet their contracted demands"
    What OT does with this excess clanner notum ore is to sell it up front to its less than 90 day contract demands so OT ore extracted day of has immediate sale on new OT Contractsaquired. Hence the promotional decreases we have seen in Notum Pricing. OT has been doing this for quite sometime so in short there is very little Clanner reserve ore anyway.

Our contracts to off world consumer is specific and this clause has been mandatorily added to all clanner contracts be the laws of ICC

"Delivery of Notum Ore in any form for this contract on the specified delivery dates and for the specified delivery amounts shall be the exspressed responsibility of Omni-Tek Merchanters, Association and its mother company Omni-Tek."
    It lays the responsibility of delivery of all clanner contracted sales of notum on the dor step of Omni tek and Omni tek alone. It is OT responsibility to meet the delivery of contracts and rightly so considering they expect 50% deposit of notum ore from clanners to their contracts 90 days in advance......

In other words 1 week will not cut into this claner reserve so OT cannot meet their quota on delivery but it will keep their new contracts limited...new contracts they are using clanner reserve notum on anyway.....

Basically OT is is using Clanner ore to fill their contracts demands.

Khastity
    Last edited by Khastity; Dec 14th, 2003 at 18:34:17.

Originally posted by Aazamon

You have found other planets with notum? I highly doubt that as all signs point to notum being linked to an alternet reality, the lands of shadow. Rubi-Ka is the nexus of this link, there is no other. The notum suits you speak of require regular supplies of notum and aren't at all practical for long term living. In fact they would only be part of the problem, using up more and more notum dispersing it across the galaxy.

Rubi-Ka is our mother, notum flows in my viens, I feel her and I will not leave her. There are greater powers at work here than greed and power, I suggest maybe you look into them. Go unto the lands of shadow and speak with the inhabitants there, there is a great movement comming to this world, don't be caught on the wrong side.
    honestly, do you think you fool anyone? You are terrorists who attack anyone who attempts to mine notum. I am hesitant to say this, but you alone were one of my major reasons for learning to not utterly hate the omni faction. Their constant dedication to defend their position in Clon**** from your attacks is heartwarming.

I am fully aware that notum is not produced on other planets. However, we have been shipping it out for years. Did you ever stop to wonder about it being shipped to planets until it was just large enough in amount to allow you to survive with extreme aid? With the shadowlands open (and currently stable to a minor degree) we can get even more notum in even larger amounts. With some areas stockpiling it you could survive to a very old age.

You speak of Rubi Kai in loving terms, and almost inspire extreme nationalism in me. Yet, you are radicals. Heck, you aren't even Clan. How can you expect us to be your minions and do your agenda when you don't even openly declare to us?

You speak of ideals you do not live up to, demand freedoms you do not respect, speak of aid for your race when you do very little for other races of Rubi Kai (aside from attacking them and demanding that they follow your moral code), and I'm growing tired of your warping of reality. Clans have no obligation to help you and cripple their economic status or military might. If you desire our aid join us openly and learn to compromise.

Other areas have different fuel sources, but they all need notum to keep their nanotech working. You provide nothing to solve the problems for the rest of the galaxy that you would create other then the theory that they could wait thousands of years, mine a bit, and then wait another couple thousand years. You speak of altering the cycle of notum to make it recycle faster, but you provide no evidence that we could get to this goal of a recycling supply with any more speed by conserving then we could by exploiting and experimenting. You provide no way to placate the galaxy and keep them from invading us.

The only thing you do provide a answer for is prevention of notum mining through destruction, terror tactics, and propaganda. I'm not impressed and, to put it simply, deeply offended by your actions.

I am done here. I grow too vexed with the lies and evil intent hidden under words designed to gain support from those easily swayed by nationalistic attitudes.
    "Is that moon colliding with this planet? If so, is there a way to get off this planet in the next... oh... 10 seconds?"

Originally posted by Nevver
    The Clans will never be free until they take on the responsibility that comes with freedom. They want to mine notum and make a profit, but they expect Omni-Tek to provide everything for them to do it - like processing and exportation facilities. Until they take on the burden themselves, they will always be under our thumb, crying about so-called "unfair" price drops while doing nothing to help themselves - like building their own facilities.

Omni-Tek is expected, by the Clans, to hold their collective hand and help them export their notum and all the while complaining about Omni-Tek and attacking it.

Blah Blah Blah Blah

khatity

Nevver,

Go ahead and try it Nevver.....I welcome that action from Omni Tek
    It would be just the kick in the pants Clanners need to realize that Omni tek has not changed its ways...will nevver change its ways....and will if given the opprotunity to....will try and retake RK for its own exploiting purposes regardless of life, as OT has shown in the past.

I don't think you have heard a complaint utter from my lips Nevver. I have stated facts plain and simple. Aslo the stupid analogy you gave a minute ago is not correct. I am not complaining about perks of being an employee. It is the Fees charged to Guilds either Omni, clan or Neutral. There is a definate imbalance in those fees charge by Omni Tek and ICC to clan Guilds. Learn to read.

And as for those that think Clan has gone has gone corporate....

We have to compete on the economical battle field now as well.

When Omni Tek decides price cuts without discussing such actions with Clanner Organizations then we have to fight back.....We will fight back.....we will take action on that same battle field...this one is the economic battle field...and in the future we will ride in space merchanting our own Notum Ore but only when we are assured that recycling of notum can be sustainable on RK first.

Blah Blah Blah Blah

khatity
    Thank you for proving my point - you want to be in the notum business but want Omni-Tek to hold your hand and do everything for you.

If you do not like the fees, here are some ideas:

Build your own grid.

Build your own reclaim technology.

Build your own notum processing plants.

Build your own notum transports.

Make your own business deals.

If you don't want to do these things, then expect to pay to use the services provided for you. They cost money for Omni-Tek to build and were built to assist Omni-Tek with notum production, not it's competition. Omni-Tek is not a charity organization so expect to pay for services rendered.

((If you're going to make up fees and such that the Clans have to pay, expect replies that show that Omni-Tek has expenses as well.))
    Last edited by Nevver; Dec 14th, 2003 at 19:20:25.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Lazyimperial

I understand fully that your race is, to put it simply, doomed if notum exporting continues. The entire planet of Rubi Kai is doomed as well as we rip it to pieces. Yet we do love money do we not? I admit I drool at the thought of all the profit we can get from the planet.

If you think that we clanners will take over Rubi Kai in order to cease notum mining and preserve things for a single race of bioengineered beings made by Omnitek, you are a tad too optimistic. Best hope the notum infused suits your oppressors are making turns out successful.
    You sir are the one spouting hate and greed. What do your Clan Nanomage brethren think of this idea? Will they sit idly by while yo drool over profits and they see thier life blood leave the planet? Will they continue to support the likes of you? I hoped that even if you aren't Nanomage you could have some empathy towards our people, but alas that word is alien to you. You have called me many things, but nothing is as clear as your statement above. I should hope any clan citizen reading those words distances themselves from those attitudes.

Again I must stress, if the notum runs out not only will the Nanomages die, but so will Clan self determination. I am a citizen of Rubi-Ka, you can look upon the NLF as an independant organization that is looking out for the welfare of Nanomages and Rubi-ka. We do not expressly align ourselves to the Clan political agenda because it is being steered by too many of the likes of Lazyimperial who would swamp our voices for thier profits. I hope this Notum Crisis really makes the Clans take a second look at themselves and if I can be of any service to help catalyse a Clan reform movement I will do whatever I can. As long as the majority of the Clan community continues to sell out my people and themselves by selling notum to Omni-Tek for off world uses I can not join the Clans. In fact I may never officially join the Clans although I may support some movements in the clans if they speak of Democracy and protection for ALL people of Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

You sir are the one spouting hate and greed. What do your Clan Nanomage brethren think of this idea? Will they sit idly by while yo drool over profits and they see thier life blood leave the planet? Will they continue to support the likes of you? I hoped that even if you aren't Nanomage you could have some empathy towards our people, but alas that word is alien to you. You have called me many things, but nothing is as clear as your statement above. I should hope any clan citizen reading those words distances themselves from those attitudes.
    my nanomage clan brothers are not happy about their future demise, but they do not blow up private property. They do not kill innocents and perform terrorist actions. They do not become radicals speaking of ideals they do not live up to. They show honor and courage that you lack. They may not live forever, but that doesn't lead them to become villains.

Again I must stress, if the notum runs out not only will the Nanomages die, but so will Clan self determination. I am a citizen of Rubi-Ka, you can look upon the NLF as an independant organization that is looking out for the welfare of Nanomages and Rubi-ka. We do not expressly align ourselves to the Clan political agenda because it is being steered by too many of the likes of Lazyimperial who would swamp our voices for thier profits. I hope this Notum Crisis really makes the Clans take a second look at themselves and if I can be of any service to help catalyse a Clan reform movement I will do whatever I can. As long as the majority of the Clan community continues to sell out my people and themselves by selling notum to Omni-Tek for off world uses I can not join the Clans. In fact I may never officially join the Clans although I may support some movements in the clans if they speak of Democracy and protection for ALL people of Rubi-Ka.
    People such as myself would not swamp your voices with profit, but with reason. I am not the only one who views you as a radical organization without morality. We clanners do not love terrorists anymore then the omnis do.

Those who do not join the Clans have no right to demand reform, and those who attack our notum mines and our citizens have no right to say that we should aid them. If you wanted the factions to aid you, you should never once have destroyed a single notum mine. By doing so you prove you cannot be trusted.

We do speak of safety and freedom for all. Everyone does, clan and omni alike. For the most part, we deliver. Nanomages are content. The only nanomages who seem to turn to radical beliefs and actions are... you. In fact, a good portion of nanomages mine notum themselves. Your people are not united behind you, for they do not see the deaths of their brother clanners/omni members as a worthy trade for some extra years of life.
    "Is that moon colliding with this planet? If so, is there a way to get off this planet in the next... oh... 10 seconds?"

No NLF member has ever attacked a civillian. We have attacked Notum Mining institutions suffering major casualties ourselves. We have attacked Omni-Mining facillities and Omni-Tek millitary facillities. We have attacked ICC headquarters Facillities. These are all lagitimate millitary targets and no civilians have been injured. When we have attacked in areas that civilians may have been at risk we advised ahead of time at risk to ourselves to allow for civilians to get to safety. We have been labelled terrorists by many, much like Omni-Tek labels freedom fighters terrorists. It is a label often used to suppress those of less power than yourself who fight against oppression.

You as a Clanner should be more wise how you use the word Terrorist.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Who are the villians? Those who fight for future generations or those who are willing to sell out the future generations for thier own profit today? Is this the new clan Dogma?

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

No NLF member has ever attacked a civillian. We have attacked Notum Mining institutions suffering major casualties ourselves. We have attacked Omni-Mining facillities and Omni-Tek millitary facillities. We have attacked ICC headquarters Facillities. These are all lagitimate millitary targets and no civilians have been injured. When we have attacked in areas that civilians may have been at risk we advised ahead of time at risk to ourselves to allow for civilians to get to safety. We have been labelled terrorists by many, much like Omni-Tek labels freedom fighters terrorists. It is a label often used to suppress those of less power than yourself who fight against oppression.
    Not every person at notum mining installations or at the Clon**** facilities are military figures. Some are unarmed scientists, and others are simply workers. You show no ability to understand the difference however.

Not every tower owner is a military target of the clans or omni. Some clans operate for their own personal gain, and in my opinion resemble private businesses instead of government run agencies. Just what is your term of civilian? A person without a gun who won't defend what is theirs? If so then I fear there are none left on Rubi Kai.

Your attacks of notum mines hurts the economy to a extent, which harms the people who depend on it for a living. In fact, I see no positive side to your attacks. It hurts you in the eyes of your peers, doesn't stop notum mining, and only encourages everyone to continue just to spite you.

You as a Clanner should be more wise how you use the word Terrorist.
    We have some bad apples, but we acknowledge it. We dislike their conduct and try to get them to stop it, but when you are dealing with a gigantic group of separate clans, each with their own viewpoint on how to end the conflict, matters become... difficult.

I do not deny that some clans are little better then terrorists. They use propaganda to make their cause seem glorious, and sidestep around the issues to make themselves look honorable. Oddly enough, they seem very very similar to your organization.

You still have not answered me on how you shall calm the rest of the galaxy if we were to deny them their fix of notum. Nor how you would revitalize the economy with Notum exporting ended (and in your previous example of building machinery here to sell I request again a answer on how we would keep the galaxy from attacking us due to our monopoly now encompassing both notum and everything that needs it to be built).

Not every person at notum mining installations or at the Clon**** facilities are military figures. Some are unarmed scientists, and others are simply workers. You show no ability to understand the difference however.

Not every tower owner is a military target of the clans or omni. Some clans operate for their own personal gain, and in my opinion resemble private businesses instead of government run agencies. Just what is your term of civilian? A person without a gun who won't defend what is theirs? If so then I fear there are none left on Rubi Kai.

Your attacks of notum mines hurts the economy to a extent, which harms the people who depend on it for a living. In fact, I see no positive side to your attacks. It hurts you in the eyes of your peers, doesn't stop notum mining, and only encourages everyone to continue just to spite you.
    Clans themselves constantly attack Omni mines. Omni attack Clan mines. The NLF seeks an end to this and the War that is based on the **** of Rubi-Ka of her resources. Those that will continue to attack thier Nanomage brethren just to spite me are the worst type of evil and simply petty and pathetic.

You still have not answered me on how you shall calm the rest of the galaxy if we were to deny them their fix of notum. Nor how you would revitalize the economy with Notum exporting ended (and in your previous example of building machinery here to sell I request again a answer on how we would keep the galaxy from attacking us due to our monopoly now encompassing both notum and everything that needs it to be built).
    This is I admit a sticky issue. One solution would be to allow many of the smaller corperations to invest in Rubi-Ka and therefore have a stake in keeping Rubi-ka safe and prosperous. Like any country or independant planet, we can dictate the terms of these contracts making sure these industries follow our labour laws, safety laws, and environmental laws. These would both benifit Rubi-Ka and others in the Galaxy. But none of these corperations should be allowed to dictate to the people how we should run our lives.

Again I stress I am not telling you how to run your affairs, I am however asking you to concider an alternative to becomming just like your Omni oppressors. Do not view me as an outsider, I am a citizen of Rubi-ka, this planet is my home and will be the home of my children and thier children. I seek a future where they can live in peace and with political self determination. I also seek to spread the ideas of political self determination throughout the galaxy. The megacorps have had thier day, it's time for the people accross the galaxy to rise up and say ENOUGH!

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Thank you for proving my point - you want to be in the notum business but want Omni-Tek to hold your hand and do everything for you.

If you do not like the fees, here are some ideas:

Build your own grid.

Build your own reclaim technology.

Build your own notum processing plants.

Build your own notum transports.

Make your own business deals.

If you don't want to do these things, then expect to pay to use the services provided for you. They cost money for Omni-Tek to build and were built to assist Omni-Tek with notum production, not it's competition. Omni-Tek is not a charity organization so expect to pay for services rendered.

((If you're going to make up fees and such that the Clans have to pay, expect replies that show that Omni-Tek has expenses as well.))
    • Grid Infrastructure & Whompahs:I would welcome the chance for Clanners to get the opprotunity to maintain the infrastructure of the Grids and Whompah systems in and around clanner territory but that is ICC's domain....they will not allow Clanners to do so.
    • Processing PLants: OT has a negotiated Monopoly on that industry on RK. Clanners are not allowed to begin processing Notum Per the neogiations at the last peace talks. ICC once again needed to make compromises in its mediating. So Not only does OT have a monopoly on Merchating notum but also on The refining processes.
    • Notum Transport:INotum transporst RK based we have. Intergalactic transport is forbidden
    • Bussiness deals:IWe do make our own bussiness deals. Hence Mars the mars contracts.

Nevver,

Perhaps you would like to come by and see our extraction plant and facilities, terarformed LCA's, the local fauna of some of our Lca Areas and wildlife preserves under the control of Clan side guilds. I believe that on such a tour you might be somewhat enlightened as to the extent of Clan based operations and I would welcome the chance to tour these sites with you personally.

Thanks,

Khastity

OT is not losing money.

((I never expected that anyone would say OT didn't have exspenses. I have stated in prior posts the extent of the imbalance of the Fee/licenses between clan versus Omni tek Guilds))
    Last edited by Khastity; Dec 14th, 2003 at 23:26:24.

I don't know for sure about the grid, but I am very certain that whompa is by Omni-Tek Incorporated as evidenced in that sound recording taken from Omni Trade. You're welcome.

You are terraforming parts of the planet? I'm sure the ICC will be very interested to know that you are taking liberties with their planet and will take that into account when examining Clan complaints about the Newland City situation.

Either way, from what you described, it sounds to me like the Clans are doing very well in order to be able to afford to build the types of facilities you have mentioned. Perhaps the ICC has been too generous.
    Last edited by Nevver; Dec 15th, 2003 at 00:02:14.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

((I never expected that anyone would say OT didn't have exspenses. I have stated in prior posts the extent of the imbalance of the Fee/licenses between clan versus Omni tek Guilds))
    (( As a newbie here, I'd like to know OOC where this "imbalance of the fee/licenses between clan versus omni" comes from. Is that something the players have made up, or something FC included in their background story? Can anyone direct me towards where this type of info is found for IC use? Or are you all making it up as you go along? ))

I don't know for sure about the grid, but I am very certain that whompa is by Omni-Tek Incorporated. You're welcome.

Either way, from what you described, it sounds to me like the Clans are doing very well in order to be able to afford to build the types of facilities you have mentioned. Perhaps the ICC has been too generous.
    Nevver,

Thank you for the correction on the whompah system. I did ideed miss write .

Years of doing without has caused clanners to learn more efficient ways running our bussinseses. Therefore we can We apply this to every thing we do....Without going into the specifics we have definately utilized the profits we have made.

Khastity

Khastity

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast