Thread: Map! We got maps!

Map! We got maps!

Broken Shoes - Where is it?

Wailing Wastes - Where is it?

Galway - Why does this map have 600 Nav req?

Avalon - Why is the Nav req 50 points higher than Mort?

Why are the following maps in game?

Bay of Rome
    Broken Crest
    Dry Wastes (is this a misnamed Broken Shores map?)
    Plains of Salt
    The Reck
    The Spur
    Three Craters

Why do some maps have 600+ Nav reqs.
    Considering 95% of ther players will never raise thier nav past 130, perhaps some of these maps could have the reqs lowered.

Hey! Give us poor adventurers SOME advantage with our uber green map nav skill!

Though the galway map 600 is probably a typo that never got fixed.

why not just add more things to the skill

lets keep the high reqs of those last maps... I think it is fun to be different than some of the others... so im a lvl 83 techie, with only 1 upgrade (the side) and 4 maps left i have 411 in map nav, and have a single cluster (eye i think).

The other day we were hunting cyborgs in Mort, and i got to be the target selector and "scout" due to i have that map, so even with my low bot i could feel kinda helpfull

And the adventurers should have it as well, it would be nice to have all maps active in a group (even if it is only 1 char having them)

Instead of making the maps using lower skills, then it would be nice if the skill had more meaning.. like making the distance of getting a mob target and maybe a cursor on the compass... some things like that.. be able to target things behind obstacles and such...

Chouhada
    In a low voice, she said: "I have been so lonely".
    "It should be one of the tests", the old woman said. "Humans are almost always lonely".
    Frank Herbert, Dune

a cursor on the compass upgrade would be cool to have.

having an advent with 700 map nav providing maps to the team, while teamed, would be pretty great too.

what if people with high enough map nav didn't have to buy a map? what if they just traveled the zone to create a 'map of their own'? that coupled with the team map thing above would make these people a very cool commodity in teams.

Originally posted by Thyrra
    a cursor on the compass upgrade would be cool to have.

having an advent with 700 map nav providing maps to the team, while teamed, would be pretty great too.

what if people with high enough map nav didn't have to buy a map? what if they just traveled the zone to create a 'map of their own'? that coupled with the team map thing above would make these people a very cool commodity in teams.
    Like a new nanofromula?

Name Team map
    Description As long as teammembers are within LoS of caster, they all have map informations of the caster, as if they had purchased and uploaded the map for the areas the caster has uploaded. NOTE: If the caster has not uploaded the map for this area, this program has no effect.
    Patch 14.2
    Icon
    Crystal Nano Crystal (Team map)
    QL 50
    NCU 8
    Nanocost 78
    Duration 3600 s
    Attack time 10.44 s
    Recharge time 5.5 s
    Range 20 m
    Attack skills psycho mod 54
    biological meta 46

Requirements
    MaterialCreation 204
    MaterialMetamorphose 204
    VisualProfession Adventurer

Effects
    Modify team maps Caster's uploaded maps

edit:
    oh, and a similar nano for sharing map upgrades, such as monsters, sides, shops, etc.... THAT would be COOL!!!
    Last edited by Skybert; Apr 20th, 2002 at 18:55:24.

nice

Nice... thank you for the info Skybert... that was a good thing to know... Where have you found that?

Chouhada
    "It should be one of the tests", the old woman said. "Humans are almost always lonely".
    Frank Herbert, Dune

I'm pretty sure he made it up, as a suggestion to FunCom

It would indeed make the skill somewhat useful

Smile

lol then... good thing.. i didnt know if it was taken from some site or some info.. maybe on the testserver... good one Skybert
    Frank Herbert, Dune

Yeah, I made it up.
    If I supply with official info, I allways post the link to where I got that info from.

But I SHOULD have stated that it was a suggestion. nothing more than that.

Sorry for the confusion I have caused.

hmm... me feel someone is pulling my leg :)

hehe and peops are wondering why i like robots better than humans

Well what about doing it like a low lvl adv prog (relative) and a highlvl upgrade.. this would mean that you actually could do it.. but with a high map nav.. lets say 550 or 600... that is 100 and 150 over the side upgrade... and then make them not working if you didnt have the skill when you zoned... (this way stop someone to implants the upgrade on) and the 2 last maps are at 700 (as i recall)...

But maybe im just an egoist cause i would like to have that upgrade.... ... edit.. i now have whooping 420 in map nav (without ability buffs

Well, it seems at least like there is someone that would like this.. and it isnt moving the balance from 1 prof to another (adventurers prolly can need a good thing to get in a team for ) so FC: get started

Chouhada
    Frank Herbert, Dune

I'm a stupid atrox so I do not know the glory that is maps... I have the directional arrow uploaded so far...thats it
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Talking AAAAAaaah

No! A darn lower-level ENGINEER with much higher map nav than me!

NOW I got a reason to get a few more levels. And map implants.