Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Symbiants for Adventurers

I thought I'd post my current (current being the keyword, there will be some upgrades in the future of quality level but my type preference won't change) symbiants to make a slight comparison with Glara's to show a midhighlevel to highlevel range advies setup.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=10996

I'm a bit to0 lazy to post step by step, so I'll post the reasons why my symbiants are different wherever they differ from Glara's <3.

Eye, ear, rightarm, rightwrist, left and right hand are the same.

First of all, my brain is a support. Can first off use the addition of the nanoskills the int/psy give. Sense is always a bonus (adds ranged weapon skill and helps with armor). Ranged init which is imo the only benefit of Artillery is kind of useless atm (1076 selfed ranged init with 15% crit scope in, so still 1/1 on full def.) The nano init, nanopo0l, nanoresist and max nano are all useful in regards to our final heal, Beauty of Life. And as we have ugly dark blue NR, the more NR we get the better (especially if you're a pvper).

For chest I've finally settled on Artillery. My main reasons being it adds Str, Sta, and Sense. It has with it the nanoskills and hp mods that are also must haves. So I went for attribute trickle down when deciding here (6-7months ago I used infantry or support) as to get trickle down adds to pistol and more importantly fullauto.

The main reason I went support in my left arm rather than infantry was the choice of add off or nano cost reduce. While I am very adequately served in the AR modification department, I lack in the healing. So I decided to work with my head symb and go support to better support beauty of life.

Artillery waist, 100%. Fullauto being the main reason. Second is the agility and stamina modifiers, evades and max hp.

I still havent decided on whether or not to switch my implant for infantry or not. The small modification of plus damage is tantalizing as well as the shielding. But I'm lazy and can't decide if it's worth giving up the nanoresist or not.

I picked Artillery for my thigh. Evades, agility, and runspeed. Hell the damn thing has adventuring to0.

Infantry fo0t for the same reasons you stated. And of course the agility (trickle++) and evades.

__

So if you couldn't see, the differences mainly come when the things you'd prefer other symbiants for are no longer necessary (ie adventuring or some other skill you naturally acquire without bo0sting) and therefore allowing you to make a choice to either increase your damage or your survivability.
    <3 <3 <3
    Spank "Gothvampyre" Machine - Level 220 Pistolero
    (First in AO to ding 220 on The Beast, LOL <3)
    Wannabe "Tehvamp" Loser222 - 220 Opisex Soldier
    Gothvampyre 1337 spanks you!
    <3 <3 <3

Guess i'll add my thoughts to this aswell, since i have a few things that are different from Gothy.

Here is my current symbiant setup:
    http://www.aodb.info/implantconfig.aspx?Load=2026

As you can see, there are a few places my setup are different from Gothys, and i'll type down why i choose as i did.

Eye
    Artillery eye vs Exterminator Occular Enhancement.

I'll gladly admit it was a hard choice between ql300 arty eye or the 270 occular. In the end i landed on the occular for the following reasons.

3% Crit
    +63 to Full Auto, Burst and Fling
    vs
    CL, Treatment, MR and Nanoskills (SI/MC/TS)

Loosing SI nanoskills is a pain, because atm i cannot do the top morphs without moochie + wrangle. Loosing CL/Treatment/MR is no biggie, since i dont need either of them atm.

So it was a hard choice, and i'm not 100% certain i've made the best choice, but i'm sticking with it for now, and i do think it is the best choice from a purely damage-perspective.

Chest
    Artillery vs Support Chest.

In my case, this was an easy choice.
    I get more nanopool, faster regen, and i get some nano init, i loose a bit of strength, which would have given me a very small (and insignificant for my setup) trickledown and i loose smg and b&e, both of which are useless to me.

Left-Wrist
    Implant vs Support.

This was a semi-hard choice, but i think Nano-Resist was more important than what the other symbiant types would give me, and i could get in a much higher QL support symbiant than the other types.

Leg
    Artillery vs Infantry

This was also one of the spots i spent alot of time argueing back and forth with myself, before i finally landed on Infantry.

The only things the Artillery leg would give me over the Infantry ones are Agility and Runspeed. Agility is very important for Pistol-users, but since i am opifex, i have no problems with 300 chosen or such even without agility in the leg. So what i would loose would be trickledown into Pistol.

What i would gain from choosing infantry was some points better damage shields, and the most important point for me, a better heal-delta, body dev, and some stamina for trickledown into burst/full auto/body dev.
    Is there a clear winner here ?, probably not, but i did put heal-delta/body dev > Agility for now.

Left-Hand
    Artillery vs Infantry.

Both of these symbiants basicly sucks, but since the only good/useful thing on artillery symbiant is damage-shield, and the infantry one has more damage-shield types, i went with infantry.

Skill-Lock might be worth it on the artillery one, but i havent tested it since before the skill-lock nerf, so not sure how well and what it actually affects any longer.

I would be very gratefull if you could enlighten me how did you equip that eye???
    3 x 1260 requirement looks impossible for me
    I am lev 220 and yet I am nowhere close to equip it
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awi
    I would be very gratefull if you could enlighten me how did you equip that eye???
    3 x 1260 requirement looks impossible for me
    I am lev 220 and yet I am nowhere close to equip it
    Sure.

1) Perks (enhance dna + mountaineer + freak strength + primary + secondary genome)
    2) Red Belt (+50 str/stam)
    3) 2x Freedom Arms G2
    4) 2x Str/Stam sleeves
    5) Implants (for the str)
    6) Rings + Chosen Gloves (for sense primarily)
    7) Buffs (prod str+behemoth + gen buff + fg + es)

And thats about it i think....

It might not be possible to equip unless you're Opifex though, but i havent checked/calced.

The way i used to equip my ql 300 (and others) symbiants was just using excel, write down what you got, what you need to get, then start searching the database for items, perks , implants/symbs, nanos that gives the abilitys/skills you need, until you find the correct combination that will give you what you need.
    Last edited by Gelanin; Mar 26th, 2005 at 21:30:10.

thx for reply
    Unfortunatelly I am not opifex and I am also Neut which makes my life a bit more difficult for me.

----8x------8x---------8x-------
    Thigh (Leg)
    Thigh Symbiant, Artillery Unit Aban
    Thigh Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    Thigh Symbiant, Support Unit Aban

This is a tough one. Artillery has XP, Infantry has Melee Init and some extra damage shield, as well as Body Dev, and support has Skill Lock and Inturrupt Modifiers as well as shield. This one I can't judge as it really depends on your experience in SL. Atrox will want to lean to Infantry, but Skill Lock and Inturrupt Modifiers would be really useful if you find yourself tanking, but extra XP from Artillery Unit never hurts.
    ----8x------8x---------8x-------

I would definitely go for artillery or support symbiant for leg, only because of Agility buff on them. Tier armors requires pretty much agi to equip and would really be nice to get it on fairly early.
    Last edited by Sannie; Mar 28th, 2005 at 08:46:27.

Wow grats Gelanin that's some pretty insane twinking, didn't even know 300 symbiants were equipable. O.o
    Pompidou, Vanguard - Setup
    Zitrone, Deity (?) - PvP PvM

AO PvP Guide for beginners (by Silentslash)
    Waiting for LostEden... if it ever comes out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sannie

I would definitely go for artillery or support symbiant for leg, only because of Agility buff on them. Tier armors requires pretty much agi to equip and would really be nice to get it on fairly early.
    For lower levels maybe, but tbh, chosen/faithfull isn't that good (cept for sleeves of course) at later lvls, I would chose bellum/alien armor over it most days of the week. (In other words: I'd be really drunk not to )
    Advymania 220 Trox Adventurer
    Trademania 206 Sol Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro
    Wow grats Gelanin that's some pretty insane twinking, didn't even know 300 symbiants were equipable. O.o
    Thanks!

It did take a few months of resetting perks and finally getting hold of a Power of the Muscle to pull it of, but i'm very happy with it.

Could (and perhaps should) have twinked on a r-hand and a l-hand aswell, but i was unable to find either of the symbiants i wanted while i was twinking, so i eventually gave up trying to find them and started resetting back.

yeah I was about to scream BULL**** when I finally took a look at that setup lol.

If you actually managed that, then that definitely deserves a nice big gratz!
    Rotender - 51% Share holder of Omni-Tek

Me

that's some sick sh*t and im gonna get drunk.
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Not to necro this one totally, but I am about to start implementing a lot of ql 250+ symbs, but the one that buggs me the most, is HEAD!

Trox adv 220 has some challenges I must say. I looked at 250 Support, and the req. of 1063 can JUST be made with ALL SORTS of Pande loot... I mean, all that adds intel and sense. If I test with ql 300 imps (in theory) i could just make it, with none to spare in intel, and 5 to spare in sense. BUT! This setup will take me like 6 months playing just to get pande loot...

So, I was thinking, nm, lets go Infantry. Next is 280, and there is NO WAY trox adv can get that in! Or is there? I'll be missing out in 39 in intel no matter what uber loot i accquire.

So, "just" go ql 260 artillery brain? That would be relatively easy to equip (some pande loot, but not that much).

I currently have a ql 240 supp brain. Is it worth the haggle? Any of u trox adv have any advice, or others that have any viewpoints? Wait for Lost Eden and pray?
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

wtg glara :P
    Last edited by mephistobane; Aug 12th, 2005 at 10:31:16.
    Mephistobane-220/18 Neutral Adventurer - My Character
    proud General of The Final Stand - Multi-Game Gaming Community: AO Division

Need Basic Armor? BUY SOME TODAY!

Neutral City For Rent

want tolaugh? - maybe cry?

Quote Originally Posted by Niles
    So, "just" go ql 260 artillery brain? That would be relatively easy to equip (some pande loot, but not that much).

I currently have a ql 240 supp brain. Is it worth the haggle? Any of u trox adv have any advice, or others that have any viewpoints? Wait for Lost Eden and pray?
    I'm not trox, but I'd say a 240 support is better than a 260 artillery...
    Rotender - 51% Share holder of Omni-Tek

Me

I currently have a ql 240 supp brain.
    Where did you get a 240 supp brain from? TNH drop or misspelled?
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

I'd like to know where you got that one too
    Quote Originally Posted by Psythe View Post
    I have learned that most of the community is, for lack of a better word, dumb.
    R.I.P. Breyers

u are absolutely correct, it's a 230 supp brain... was at work when i wrote it, my mistake
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

u are absolutely correct, it's a 230 supp brain... was at work when i wrote it, my mistake
    I'd rather chose the possibility of finding a 240 supp brain ingame then being correct.

230 brain is equippable quite early. Think I put one in at 214 without medsuit or ability buffs.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Sorry for necroing that post but:

- I have started to work on my final LE twink setup and this thread has a lot of usefull information

- Some newer advies may have missed that great post

- It is the best explanation why Glara has became Adv Professional

why isn't this stickied/in guides list?
    Sapna
    Imag3
    Bisque
    Onnz
    Helpmepls