Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nooby Advy

Nooby Advy

Im a lvl 78 advy and I have about the knowledge of a lvl 20 when it comes to AO. Anyway I've been doing mothership missions because I their fun and wondering its worth getting Ofab weapons / armor at low lvls (probably ~80 or 90 when I have enough points for full). I hear some things about upgrades and that has me curious. Also I currently use CDRs and was wondering if getting the Ofab pistols would be better. I've noticed the Ofab pistols seem to have no specials. why not?

Just another concern I noted. Im lvl 78 and I was teaming with a 63 Agent. He pulled the missiona and chose the easy setting. Even every monster in their was green to me but they could still whittle my health down REALLY fast (I even had essense of behemoth running). I think the Aliens are a little overpowered.
    ~Greth

(sorry if I sound like a complete noob)

hmm we'll i'd skip ofab armor at low lv's personally and instead use apocolypse/omni-steel. (search this forum, you will find a guide about how to acquire them).

Weapons - ofab weapons truely rock.. period. i did a theoritical comparasion of a
    QL 150ish pistol comparing it with other options and it's the best. However at your lv you would be better off with some BBI faithfull at high QL's

Inside ai mission's boss drop a certian bio that can be used to upgrade certian types of weapons and armor. the armor upgrades 2 times and the weapon upgrades 5 times. the higher versions of the weapon have specials

"There's nothing wrong with the (ranged advy) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent."
    dgdgdgdg018:I kinda prefer my method of simply calling them morons and retards. sadly, people claim "that is not an argument".thus in the future i shall say -
    you, dear sir, are a moron because
    1) inbreeding perhaps?
    2) got dropped on your head as a child a lot and as a result have impaired intelligence ?
    3) are bored and have decided to troll?
    4) suffer from ADD and dyslexia?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    why it's almost like a form letter, and i can sign it as-
    Laughing at you, DG

I mean surely i have provided reasons on par with said posters original arguments, haven't I ?

So would the BBI Faithful be better then my CDRs? I should mention im LOVING burst from the CDRs

you dont use 2 BBI faithfull's. just 1 high QL one for regular dammge. the burst will keep coming from the CDR.

"There's nothing wrong with the (ranged advy) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent."
    dgdgdgdg018:I kinda prefer my method of simply calling them morons and retards. sadly, people claim "that is not an argument".thus in the future i shall say -
    1) inbreeding perhaps?
    2) got dropped on your head as a child a lot and as a result have impaired intelligence ?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

I mean surely i have provided reasons on par with said posters original arguments, haven't I ?

ah. So I main hand the BBI for high damage + fling shot and CDR in the off hand for burst. Keep the 2nd CDR around for higher lvls though right?

As far as armor goes I currently am packing Ql 93 Carb.

yes exactly. you will never again pair a cdr btw. it's mainly used as a cheap offhand weapon these days.

btw if u're on RK2 feel free to send me a tell. i am particularly fond of ranged advys.
    it's /tell dgdgdgdg018 - it's easiest to copy paste this.

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgdgdg018 View Post
    it's /tell dgdgdgdg018 - it's easiest to copy paste this.

LMAO DG <3

If he's not around you can send me a tell as well being that I got him started and all hehehehehehehehehehehe

At the time I used one CDR from level 60 till level 210 or something like that. I could have switched out earlier but well we didn't have the new LE guns, so.........but for now CDR plus a high BBI and then around 100ish you should be able to get on a JSPP and then JEPP or just go straight for JEPP. Then start messing with the combo of AI guns, LE guns, and JEPP. You'll always wear JEPP though for FA no matter which one you choose, AI or LE.
    Lorddraconis 220/27/70 Soliltus Adventurer Proud Squad Commander of Underworld set up

Neutral 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by Grethore View Post
    I've noticed the Ofab pistols seem to have no specials. why not?
    Because at the base MK1 version, it doesn't. In your AI missions, keep a lookout for Type 812 that drops off the boss. You will need 5 of these to upgrade the base level Mk1 to Mk6. As the pistol progresses from Mk1 to Mk6 it starts to introduce the specials, and increases the base damage amounts as well.

This process does not upgrade the overall QL of the weapon though, so when you've outgrown it, you'll have to go get another Mk1 of a higher QL, and do it all again.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Im on RK1 teh helpfull ppl cant help

reroll to rk2 then. we are a carebear server after all

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

but... but... all my st00f and stats

sell them for creds. then get those creds xfered to rk2.
    stay neutral and i can get u into an uber org too * hint *

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

but my freinds on RK1. Cant you give me advice here =D

eh, we did/have been giving u advice.

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

True true. btw. If it matters im lvl 81 now (same stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgdgdg018 View Post
    reroll to rk2 then. we are a carebear server after all
    the land where advy's use supernovas in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psythe View Post
    You kinda look like Criss Angel the MIND FREAK!!!

i use a RE3 for pvp.

1) inbreeding perhaps?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    Laughing at you, DG

Quote Originally Posted by Tondrin View Post
    the land where advy's use supernovas in pvp?
    yes

never seen rk2 pvp most rk1 advs dont use AS seems like a waste of IP
    Quote Originally Posted by Psythe View Post
    You kinda look like Criss Angel the MIND FREAK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tondrin View Post
    never seen rk2 pvp most rk1 advs dont use AS seems like a waste of IP
    a hit that caps in 9 out of 10 hits is a waste of IP ,what would you IP,adventuring or breaking and entering?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast