Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Pol blood bath causes civil uprising

Meister said, "Loyal and lawful citizens do not have to fear for their life."

Uh... yeah... thanks for the reassurance. See you in Newland.
    Last edited by Nevver; Apr 18th, 2002 at 21:41:37.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

The truth is already known. Omni-Pol is trying desperately to cover their tracks with meaningless jargon. It's inane that Meister would think he could possibly cover up such a blatant misrepresentation of intentions.

The people at the PJ party were there for a peacefull celebration. Thyme and Thime, the hostesses of the party, were unarmed. I was there, as were many other witnesses.

They fired no shots.

Omni-Pol gunned them down.

I've read your feeds, Meister, and your reports of them shooting and actually hitting Omni-Pol officers.

Laughable. Blatant lies based on propaganda. Even Ross has the tact to keep such insanity at nil usage. It's too bad the man is much too trusting of his officials "reports".

The truth will reach him eventually. Omni-Pol, your days are numbered.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Hardly, Tarryk. If anyones days are numbered then its yours - should you enter Omni-1 or Rome again.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Interesting, coming from an entire organization that cannot even get their hands on a man who resides in Omni Entertainment.

You'll be seeing plenty more of me, you can count on that. The upstream will continue, and I'll be handing the truth out to omnis throughout the city.

We'll meet again.

Next time I won't be in my skivvies.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Ok..lets see..

Clanners in an Omni-Tek city..violating the Omni-Tek orders to stay out as there was no more amnesty.

A traitorous Omni-Tek guild collaborating with said clanners..again, going against the standing OT orders..

Omni-Pol gets wind of this illegal gathering..enlists the aid of Division 9 to help with possible crowd control problems.

Upon arriving at the Rompa Bar, Omni-Pol LOUDLY and CLEARLY asks all clanners to leave Omni-Tek controlled territory immediately or face the consequences.

This is immediately answered by Methlon and other SA traitors with calls of derision and threats of violence.

After REPEATEDLY asking the clanners and the SA traitors to clear out, and after REPEATEDLY being told by the perpetrators to take a flying f**k, Omni-Pol exercised their legal rights to detain the offenders...and only AFTER they were attacked (I believe pets were sent in after the OP officers first, but Im not positive), did Omni-Pol open fire...in self defense.

You were the ones engaged in an illegal activity. You KNEW you were barred from Omni-Tek controlled territory, yet you flaunted it and still came into Omni-1 Ent.

Omni-Pol and Div 9 were simply enforcing the laws of Omni-Tek and you chose to resist...dont blame anyone but yourselves for your own stupidity.
    Commander Barron
    Prime Director: Omni-1 Operations
    2nd in Command
    Division 9 [R.S.G.E]
    barron@rsge.net
    Click Here to Visit the ALL NEW Division 9 Website

You were the ones engaged in an illegal activity. You KNEW you were barred from Omni-Tek controlled territory, yet you flaunted it and still came into Omni-1 Ent.
    Correct. Because that law is, in and of itself, the peak of stupidity. I am contracted to the clans only because of my love for the planet of Rubi-Ka above all else. I refuse to contract myself to Omni-Tek because of laws like that. The people should all be free.

Omnis are always welcome to my parties, despite the present clan majority. If they wish to show me the same consideration and invite me to host parties within your precious territory, I will do so. I will carry no gun, and I will start no trouble.

I will party. And if someone tries to stop me from doing so because of the color of my badge, I will speak out against it. That's the way it is.

Omni-Pol and Div 9 were simply enforcing the laws of Omni-Tek and you chose to resist...dont blame anyone but yourselves for your own stupidity.
    I blame only those that pulled the trigger.

If Omni-Pol considers having a party to be illegal then I guess Omni citizens will have no choice but to go to neutral territories for their entertainment. Of course this will have a bad economic affect on Omni bars and clubs but then the existence of Omni bars and clubs must also be illegal. In fact I'm surprised that Omni-Pol even allows a district of Omni-1 to be called Omni Entertainment. Apparently Omni citizens shouldn't be entertaining themselves at all, they should be mindless drones.

It will certainly be interesting if any members of Omni-Pol turn up at Reets for any party in the future. I mean neutrals and clanners go to Reets as well and we can't have Omnis mixing with THOSE people can we.

Natasha "Aenie" Russi
    Board Member
    Belle Rouge

You can mix with clanners or neutrals as much as you want. But clanners are not welcome in Omni-1 or Rome. You can have your parties in establishments as much as you want, without clanners.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.

Oh, and Tarryk, btw, you are not contracted to the clans.

Clanners are individuals who BROKE their contract with Omni-Tek, and their descendants.

There is no clan corporation sending Clanners to Rubi-Ka somewhere.

Everyone, at one point or another, was Omni-Tek. The clanners have chosen to turn their backs on the company and live a life of lawlessness.
    Commander Barron
    Prime Director: Omni-1 Operations
    2nd in Command
    Division 9 [R.S.G.E]
    barron@rsge.net
    Click Here to Visit the ALL NEW Division 9 Website

Originally posted by Barron
    Oh, and Tarryk, btw, you are not contracted to the clans.

Clanners are individuals who BROKE their contract with Omni-Tek, and their descendants.

There is no clan corporation sending Clanners to Rubi-Ka somewhere.

Everyone, at one point or another, was Omni-Tek. The clanners have chosen to turn their backs on the company and live a life of lawlessness.
    I'm afraid you haven't studied the history of Rubi-Ka very well, Barron. Shame on you.

It is true that the Clans were originally composed entirely of Omni-Tek employees who broke away from Omni-Tek. But Rubi-Ka is also open to colonization by the terms of the lease that Omni-Tek has with the ICC (the ICC, you know the organization that OWNS Rubi-Ka?)

Many of these colonists have chosen to settle in clan areas since apparently employment with Omni-Tek does not appeal to them. Many of them have also settled in neutral territories. Some colonists have also decided to become Omni-Tek employees.

A slaughter of civilians engaged in nothing more threatening than a pajama party (does Omni-Pol have a phobia about pajamas?) portrays Omni-Tek in a bad light to the galaxy.

And believe what you will, Omni-Tek Prime has much greater interests at stake then the egos of a few warmongers on Rubi-Ka. Omni-Tek's reputation was badly damaged in the Corporate Wars. The last thing the corporation needs is more bad publicity. Do you not think the story of Omni-Pol's attack on a pajama party will circulate throughout the galaxy to be pounced on with glee by Omni-Tek's competitors such as Sol Banking?

Sol Banking would love nothing better than if the ICC were persuaded to revoke Omni-Tek's lease on Rubi-Ka and give it to them. Why must warmongers hand Sol Banking ammunition? Or perhaps these warmongers don't really have Omni-Tek's interests at heart but rather Sol Banking's? Hmmm?

Natasha "Aenie" Russi
    Board Member
    Belle Rouge

Unfortunately, it IS illegal for those signed up with the Council of Truth to even be IN Omni-Territory. Read the Tir Accord.

Their very presence means that they are to be considered 'Outlaws' according to a document agreed to by both Omni-Tek and the Council of Truth.

Any Council and affiliated personnel located in the districts controlled by Omni-Tek or found in violation of this accord and its annexes, are to be considered outlaws, and subject to imprisonment and trial by Omni-Tek.
    Only loophole would be if you were a Clanner and NOT a member of the Council of Truth. I know Dust Brigade is not a member of the CoT and hence, are subject to Omni-Tek jurisdiction. Other Neutral factions as well should be more than welcome as long as they follow the rules. (Tell that to the NPC's)

The other side of the coin is more open to interpretation. As the CoT agreed that Omni-Tek is the superior governing body on the planet, they have a little more lattitude with respect to where they can and can't go:

· Any Omni-Tek personnel violating the agreed-upon presence in Council-allocated districts, or any premise set forth in this accord and its annexes, are to be taken captive by Council-affiliated troops, and sent back to Omni-Tek to stand corporate trial as described in the standard ICC planetary lease.
    · Any Omni-Tek personnel taken captive by the Council must be treated according to ICC standard regulations as described in the standard planetary lease upon being surrendered to the Omni-Tek corporate court.
    The 'agreed upon presence' is as follows:

MILITARY PRESENCE (Omni-AF)

Omni-Tek military will notoperate within the Council-allocated district with exceptions:
    Exception 1: Omni-Tek will be allowed standard security forces present at their notum mining facilities.
    Exception 2: Omni-Tek will be allowed standard security forces to accompany any shipment of notum from their facilities in the Council-allocated districts.

POLICE PRESENCE (Omni-Pol, the Official one)
    The Omni-Tek police department (Omni-Pol) will be allowed to run routine investigations inside the Council-allocated districts in the interest of national security.
    · The number of Omni-Pol personnel present in Council-allocated districts at any given time have to be accounted for by Omni-Tek in consultation with the Council.
    · Any additional Omni-Pol activity in Council-allocated districts not considered a matter of national security has to be sanctioned by the Council.
    HOWEVER,

Those exception 1 was nullified by an ammendment to Annex 1B which called for Omni-Tek to remove their presence from all notum mines in CoT territory. Exception 2 remains.

The only legal reason for an O-T employee to be in Council Territory is to protect a notum shipment from a CoT run mine or a police officer conducting an investigation in a matter of national security with prior notification to the CoT.

Any O-T soldier just wandering around in Council Territories is to be arrested and perhaps put on trial by O-T. Likewise, O-T police have no business in Council Territories unless they are on an official investigation. This investigation would be on the order of stolen technology or an assassination attempt on P. Ross. Murder of some guard in Omni-Trade, for example, is not a matter of national security and would be handled by the CoT internal affairs.

There are legalities and then there are perceptions. First of all I doubt if there were any Council of Truth members or affiliates at the party, only ordinary clan, neutral and Omni people.

Secondly my contention continues to be that Omni-Tek suffered a black eye in the way this situation was handled. Omni-Tek does NOT exist in a vacumn. It must take into consideration other entities and organizations throughout the known galaxy.

People DO watch what Omni-Tek does. And Omni-Tek cannot afford to hand to its competitors on a silver platter any ammunition to use against us.

I believe that what is most important to Omni-Tek is the notum mining and the lease that gives the corporation the sole right to extract that notum. We must not allow hot tempers to threaten this lease by presenting Omni-Tek in such a bad light that the lease is revoked.

Natasha "Aenie" Russi
    Board Member
    Belle Rouge

*shakes his head*
    The only one offering any sort of ammunition on a platter here is you, Aeni. Any other loyal OT employee understands the reason for the operation, except you and other clanners present here. It is unfortunate that not all of Omni-Teks plans go according to your liking, but if you want to have a word in them, become politician and get some power, then maybe you can speak your mind and influence others... at the moment I can only shake my head and smile at your misguided attempts to blame Omni-Pol for doing its job properly.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

Originally posted by Meister
    *shakes his head*
    The only one offering any sort of ammunition on a platter here is you, Aeni. Any other loyal OT employee understands the reason for the operation, except you and other clanners present here. It is unfortunate that not all of Omni-Teks plans go according to your liking, but if you want to have a word in them, become politician and get some power, then maybe you can speak your mind and influence others... at the moment I can only shake my head and smile at your misguided attempts to blame Omni-Pol for doing its job properly.
    I can only conclude Meister that you don't care if Omni-Tek loses its lease on Rubi-Ka. You don't care if the rest of the galaxy considers Omni-Tek to be a ruthless totalitarian dictatorship.

It hurts me to have people consider Omni-Tek in that light. And I'm not talking about the clans, I'm talking about people throughout the galaxy. I care about Omni-Tek's image. I want it to be seen as a bringer of technological wonders to a planet formerly barren and uninhabitable.

I have gotten into many arguements with clan members over this. I have pointed out to them that without Omni-Tek they and their families would not even be able to live on Rubi-Ka. It was Omni-Tek who began terraforming this planet and turning it into a place where one could settle down and raise a family.

It hurts me to have new arrivals come and turn to the clans because they believe that Omni-Tek is evil and they want nothing to do with it. And how can I convince them that they are wrong when they see something like this?

I have no power as you have pointed out. So I can do nothing more than ask...no plead with those who DO have power to please not destroy Omni-Tek's reputation in the eyes of the galaxy.

And I would ask you Meister to remember that there have been other times in history where soldiers and policemen when called upon to justify what they had done, spoke the words "I was only doing what I was ordered to do."

Their excuse was not accepted. And they paid the ultimate consequence.

Natasha "Aenie" Russi
    Board Member
    Belle Rouge

Originally posted by Meister
    *shakes his head*
    Not true. Look up - I believe I added a few comments as well.

The problem with you Omni Pol goons is that you see things in only black and white - it's no wonder why you don't understand what you did was not only wrong, but stupid. Aenie has presented several reasons why you should have never been there - not the least being that you shot up a bunch of people wearing nothing but underwear - and not once have I seen you drone anything about it except "Clanners aren't allowed in Omni terrotory."

Maybe I'm wrong and blaming the stooges isn't the answer. Maybe you're actually right and some of us who actually think should run for an office and knock out some of the idiots who are sitting there now.

As Aenie said, you really have to question if people do things for Omni-Tek of for their own glory or political gain. Makes you wonder who are the REAL loyal employees and who is out for themselves, doesn't it?
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Call me a literalist, but I must cut through all the butter offered up by Omni-Pol and it's backers, yet again.

Assumption: I broke Omni-Tek law by entering an Omni-Tek city.

Outweighing Fact: I am not bound by Omni-Tek law, I am not obligated to adhere to any such law, and I am under no personal obligation or intention to obey such an inane law.

Assumption: I broke a statute in the Tir Accord by entering an Omni-Tek city.

Outweighing Fact: The Tir Accord does not apply to me, because I am neither bound nor obligated to follow it. I am contracted to the clans only insofar as I may not break and rejoin my neutral brethren...much to my dismay, as it were. But I am under just as much obligation to follow that statute as I am to follow the previous one: none at all.

Assumption: Omni-Pol was enforcing the law when it opened fire on unarmed Omni citizens and clan members.

Outweighing Fact: Murder is against the law. Omni-Pol had indirect control of the suppression gas in the area, and by dropping it they had announced their intent to open fire. They followed through with that threat, literally slaughtering innocents who's only crime was to speak their mind. Omni-Pol broke their own laws, and are now desperate to cover their tracks by using pathetic statutes of limitations to back up their claims to righteousness in the slaughter.

Assumption: As quoted by Meister to Laeni: "It is unfortunate that not all of Omni-Teks plans go according to your liking, but if you want to have a word in them, become politician and get some power, then maybe you can speak your mind and influence others... "

Outweighing Fact: Done. Thanks for playing. If it needs to be stated by a politician with a semblance of power for you to listen, then I proclaim myself one and repeat Laeni's words, though their truth held just as strong when she said them: "People DO watch what Omni-Tek does. And Omni-Tek cannot afford to hand to its competitors on a silver platter any ammunition to use against {them}. It must take into consideration other entities and organizations throughout the known galaxy."

Originally posted by Tarryk
    [B]Call me a literalist, but I must cut through all the butter offered up by Omni-Pol and it's backers, yet again.

Assumption: I broke Omni-Tek law by entering an Omni-Tek city.

Outweighing Fact: I am not bound by Omni-Tek law, I am not obligated to adhere to any such law, and I am under no personal obligation or intention to obey such an inane law.
    Incorrect. Fact: You broke Omni-Tek law, but don't care. A valid position, but you did violate their law. It doesn't matter if you disagree with it or claim not to follow it. They have the guns.

Assumption: I broke a statute in the Tir Accord by entering an Omni-Tek city.

Outweighing Fact: The Tir Accord does not apply to me, because I am neither bound nor obligated to follow it. I am contracted to the clans only insofar as I may not break and rejoin my neutral brethren...much to my dismay, as it were. But I am under just as much obligation to follow that statute as I am to follow the previous one: none at all.
    Incorrect. Fact: You violated the Tir Accord, but don't care.

Assumption: Omni-Pol was enforcing the law when it opened fire on unarmed Omni citizens and clan members.

Outweighing Fact: Murder is against the law. Omni-Pol had indirect control of the suppression gas in the area, and by dropping it they had announced their intent to open fire. They followed through with that threat, literally slaughtering innocents who's only crime was to speak their mind. Omni-Pol broke their own laws, and are now desperate to cover their tracks by using pathetic statutes of limitations to back up their claims to righteousness in the slaughter.
    Not a disagreement, but a statement: Death Isn't Fatal(tm)!
    THEOREM:
    Omni Bureaucrats work for "The Man."
    "The Man" is the >190 Fixer title.
    Ergo, Phillip Ross is a Fixer.
    -QED-

I can't believe these disloyal employees are still at it, trying to justify themselves long after Meister presented the facts of the law to them. They start out with ridiculous threats against Omni-Pol personnel carrying out their appointed duties, saying that they will complain to Mr. Ross himself and get the Omni Pol personnel in trouble, then it's shown that they are in flagrant violation of orders endorsed by Mr Ross himself. It was he who cancelled amnesty and ordered OT guards to attack or detain any clanners in our territory. Now what - are you going to threaten Mr Ross too? Who are you going to turn to then?

Face it, your "concern" for OT is a sham - you're a disloyal, lawless employee in league with the enemies of the corporation, Aenie. If you really wish to be loyal to OT, you should turn yourself in to Omni-Reform immediately so they can attend to your ignorance and misplaced sentiments. Otherwise, you should make all possible speed to Clan territory and never comeback. That goes for the rest of the collaborators.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Incorrect. Fact: You broke Omni-Tek law, but don't care. A valid position, but you did violate their law. It doesn't matter if you disagree with it or claim not to follow it. They have the guns.
    My point grows stronger every day.

Incorrect. Fact: You violated the Tir Accord, but don't care.
    That fact practically spells out the implications the Tir Accord has on my sense of conscience as it is. Which causes my previous statement to hold true. It doesn't apply to me because I do not care for it.

I'm fighting the only righteous fight left in a pointless war.

Not a disagreement, but a statement: Death Isn't Fatal(tm)!
    Moot point, but granted. Was there an arguement here somewhere?

As a neutral I have the luxury of saying this:
    It appears to me that Tarryk is in voliation of the obligations of this clan affilitation.
    Whether Tarryk wishes to follow the rules of his affiliation are his choice of course, but because the affiliation exists, he is legally bound to follow rules of the Tir accord, and the overriding laws which support of Omni-Tek's lease of Rubi-Ka.

So with respect to word of Law, I suppose Omni-tek was legally correct to break up the party in Rhompa, although perhaps the means were excessivly harsh. Also the necessity to enforce the law in this situation is questionable. Could Omni-pol simply have been taking advantage of the opportunity to oppress, once again?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast