Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shade Solo Leveling Guide

this is stickied HERE

:P
    Merung 215-8 Lich (Intermediate)
    Proud Squad Commander of Core

[Core] Merung: Just cuz your profession fell outta the nerf tree and hit every branch on the way down, doesnt mean all should share your fate
    [Core] Shendeo: ./org leave

On the topic of Ely soloing...

I stopped leveling off Coral Rafters at 57 - After that, the Kolaanas near Stormshelter were where the exp was at. Not many people hunt there, and they're extremely easy to pull away from their group. I was able to handle 2 at a time *before* I got my Acrobat special, 3 if I didn't mind kiting the first one. The EXP is almost double what you get from rafters, and they honestly seem to have lower attack rating. (Not to mention appearing in greater quantity. No waiting around for you!) I'm an untwinked shade with a pair of QL65ish ITDs, so the results weren't cause of my gear.

Of course, mobbing would be an inevitability, but it's pretty easy to run if you're an omni or a clanner with mostly neutral faction, it's easy to lose aggro mobs in Stormshelter because of the architecture.

I'm level 61 now I beleive, and I have the choice of leveling off of pretty much anything in that immediate area as long as I don't mind thinking things through before I attack something. As long as I'm careful to pull things - like the level 70 malahs and hoathlins nearby for example - before I pounce on them, then I have little trouble.
    Last edited by Kampfer; Aug 6th, 2004 at 04:42:04.

Unregistered
    Hey there,
    where can i find these mountain cats for lvl 25-whatever? the swamps are huge!

So long,
    me

Hey there,
    where can i find these mountain cats for lvl 25-whatever? the swamps are huge!

So long,
    me
    When you just zone into nascence swamps, they are in front of your nose. Check up on the rocks to the right if someone killed the ones close around.
    Kayl - Adventurer
    Niomay - Shade
    Barenn - Soldier <--- retired due to being extremely gimpy

8Proud members of Tiger Claw7

What about a Rubi Ka Guide

Anyone know where I can find a guide like this but for Rubi Ka? So far I've only been "missioning" and would like to get out and about and see what the outside world has to offer me.

Can anyone help??

One advice would be to download HUGE map for RK from Travel To Rubi-Ka's site. On it, every dynacamp boss is marked with its' level. Killing dynas makes you travel around and gets you to see much of the country-side. They can also have some really nice loot if you're lycky
    Sormllam - keeper
    Sormsneaker - shade

Stolt medlem i Northern Showrunners - REKRYTERAR NU!!!!

chimeras in scheol can be done at 110. can't get too far in cause they respawn. just be careful with them, but is doable. think I have half life after each one on average
    I just can't help...SMASHN things!

Can someone please make this stick? Thanks.
    Moridin(Equip) Keeper Keeso Shade - Member of Haven
    Killer: 60% Explorer: 60% Socializer: 53% Achiever: 26%
    Your type is: KES. 1% of respondents so far fall into that type.

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Yo****aka
    Got one to add..

38-45- Nascence Wilds in the southern area - Croakers of Night. They will bring friends, but if you're good about pulling you generally only get 2, maybe 3 at a time. Good exp even when they go green, as shade DPS can tear through them. Plus there's a redeemed statue nearby for Neuts and Clanners.

i went to 2 mntns at lvl35 hoping to score on heck team, but no1 wanted me. So.... i looked around and saw these guys... best soloing time of my life..... i would just stand there and fight, and they'd pop all around me, but i was healing with TR and SR and dimach and a spindle everynow and then

the skill lock for dimach is 5min right? per battle i would use dimach 2-4 times!!! they just kept coming and i just kept killing... got 3 lvls there solo very fast, and got a very small team and lvld up 3 more times even faster =)

YAY FOR SHADES!
    ~sayde

Coral Rafters

The Coral Rafters (lvl 50-52) on the southernmost beach in Elysium can be done with a lvl 43 Shade and at that level yield 6k+ exp points (so kill just a dozen and go up a level).

I stayed near the water (to avoid eremites) and was careful when attacking so that target's mates don't join the fight. Had AC of 1000, QL47 Sigd 4 (bought at vendor in Thrak garden) and QL38 Die Kleine Nadel. Also had composite buffs (atribute, physical special and melee). These are must have IMHO since they do give you a nice boost (+12 to all stats and +20 to the physical/melee) and they don't use too much NCU (4 each). Only hassle is that they do use 200 nanopoints each to cast. It helps if you do have at least 400 pt nanopool. And while it takes ages to cast one they do last an hour.

As far as getting Die Kleine Nadels, I found 3 of them in the Nascense Swamps (NE one). These drop of either the named big grey dragons or Mal-Anas. But I'd wait until the little green dragons are grey before doing any hunting there, since there is just so many of them.

At level 58-60...

I was hunting in Ely, just looking around mainly, and found that going north from the Spade stone opens into a grassy meadow full of white horses that are level 55-60 and give good XP. Also, now and then I could catch a level 60ish redeemed mob and some spirits out here for bonus XP and loot (Level 52 right Arm spirit, QL 60 Infantry Pants). The problem I have run into now is being out of effective Siphons. Anyone know where a good place to hunt for QL 70+ siphons is? I keep checking the Yuttos vendor in Mil, but he rarely has any high level ones. Are there Yutoos vendors in Ely, and if so where?

Thanks,
    Iama "Raaaawr" Badass
    'Trox Shade, RK1
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/raaaawr

another nice place to solo in ado :
    in the static dongeon east of the 170 inc.

spirits and a few mortiigs in there, lvl 150 to 175.
    The spirits are much easier to solo than those you can find outside imho, because they dont DoT.. (and they are spread out in the rooms, so you can take them down 1 by 1)

I found a lot of spi there, pitiable, poor and pessimistic (ql170->200), siphons, and a few frag. of the source.
    Last edited by flakdo; Jul 20th, 2005 at 10:26:44.

if you guys would add what perk line is good for soloing also would be great.

TR/SP/Acro
    Pimpernickel 220.19 Shade Stuff
    WTB Ogdan/Captured Spirit/Exsequiae patterns 1m per part and always in effect.
    100M for Spirit Siphon QL 272+

Soloing in SL should definately include mention of Missions. Excellent places to garner Loot, XP AND Faction.

While many don't like Adonis due to All of the mission locations being underwater, those who don't mind the journey will find these are still a viable alternative to seeking Rafter Spawn, etc. As one plus; The underwater areas have some of the most plentiful, Uncamped Spawn in the zone, where the missions top this is... you can wear a back piece :-) Not a big deal, though, to those who still wear the low ql capes for looks and a few evades.

Pen Missions, on the other hand, are some of the very easiest to get to, RK included. With the Glaciel Hill Mission Location being just seconds from a Stat.

To increase chances for good loot, etc, you can do what is done on RK; Team up for the purposes of pulling team missions, and soloing them. However, in SL, you can only pull one mission at a time.

(For Adonis Missions the Veteran Reward SL Warper is a godsend)

Oh, a point. As a friend reminded me the other day; If you have your Roche Sanc Key you can jump off the edge of that garden and arrive back at the last place you saved. Excellent for those who are saved at Ado, Pen, Inf, etc, but don't yet have the key (common, common occurance).

The Key itself isn't any harder to get than the Roche Garden Key, just a bit more running around, and, worst case, 2 noviticized patterns instead of 1.

Great stuff

Wow this is nifty

Just what I was looking for.
    Drop spot as well, keep it up!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast