Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shade Solo Leveling Guide

Shade Solo Leveling Guide

Kinda geared toward soloing in SL but I thought it might not be a bad idea to have one of these on the boards.
    While I am not a proponent of 100% soloing since a Shade is geared toward teaming we all have those times when either we can't get a team or are just fed up and need quiet time . I hope this guide will help you on this.

##Updated 3/16/04##

Nasc

Level 1-10 (Training Grounds)
    Level 5-10 (Frontier Bridge-Chimeras, silvertails etc)
    Level 10-18 (Old Frontier i.e. Temple area, cascading spirits great and fast exp)
    Level 18-25 (Swamp in Frontier Border Malahs drop spirits, Frontier outskirts)
    Level 25-30 (Nasc Swamp- Mountain Cats, wetlands- Hatchlings careful they swarm named Malahs drop Omni Tatts, Nasc Wilds-Cripplers and Prime Hiathians)
    Level 30-40 (Crippler Cave non stop action careful of add ons)
    Level 35-48 (The Core-Mala Anahs named drop Tatts and DKN, Spiders here can drop Clan Tatts)
    Level 38-45 (Nasc Wilds south- Croakers of the Night, again be careful of BAFs I believe there are two named here also)
    Level 40-60 (Dungeon in Brawl, 2 Dungeons by Growlers in Crippler tunnel-Scuzzy Weavers, Hiathians, Core Dungeon Kolannas, Spirit Hunters and spirits QL40ish spirits)
    Level 50+ (Green Redeemed/Unredeemed Mobs)
    Level 65 - 90 (those heckler's level 80 Two Mountain area, borders of wetlands, Steppes of Dispair)

**NOTE as posted here all dungeons in Nasc will be more level specific I will change this once I know the dungeon levels**
    ***The dungeon by the Lord and Lady has been nerfed down.***

@@@@ New Note, doing missions on Rubi Ka is also a great way to get exp and the armor you might be lacking by not getting Tattoos@@@@

The Lord, Lady and Soul Dredge are all higher level in Temple area beware of them in your teens!

Ely
    Level 50-65 (Coral rafters great fast exp till 64, Lucent Silvertails near porta Dropped QL44 Spirits no Tatts)
    Level 60-70 (Coral Rafters, Hiathlins, spirits near Port Seven Portal area all dropped QL44 Spirits no Tatts)
    Level 63-75 (Malahs and Hoathilins in temple of Chants near Redeemed Stone Whispervale, Unredeemed Village there also, lucent silvertails and Kolanna all dropped QL44-52 spirits No Tatts)
    Level 70-90 (Shell Beach in NW Ely Mire Rafters, Eremites)
    Level 75-110 (Spirit Hunters, Spirits, named spirits all Behind the Temple of Chants, they drop Neutral Tatts, Novictum, patterns and DKNs on occassion along with spirits)
    Level 85-90 (Spirits Just a little South, They drop QL66 and 73 spirits)
    Level 85-100 (NW Ely near Ergo Insidious Spirits, drop QL66-83 Spirits)

Level 93 - 105 (Spiders found in Ely near Wipserdale)
    Level 95-105 (Devourers of life, Chronas Canyon, Entrance to Ergo)
    Level 100+ (Bone Dragons)
    Level 120-145 (Leteth Dungeon in either temple, I would say 115 would be tough but doable to a point, Visions of the unshakeable, staff of Pelias and embryos drop here. Exp kinda sucks here but the loot for tier 1 makes it worth it) There are also spirits here before you drop down which drop spirits.
    Level 125-130 (Named Minxes and Imps by Ergo they also drop DKNs)
    Level 150-170 (You can solo a eylsium heckler)

Scheol
    Level 100-110 (Beits near entance, Mossy Girders in Temple Bog these drop Alban glyphs for weapon upgrades also had Insignias drop but very low rate)
    Level 120-145 ( Unredeemed mobs in Temple of Roch, Eric Miller Omega Chain is here good luck getting those tattoos, Redemeed mobs in Temple of Scheol)
    Level 125-140 (Spiders N of drop off rumors of them dropping QL100-150 Clan Tatts)
    Level 130-? (Chimeras near Giants Hoof rumors of DKNs dropping I have not seen one in 50+ kills including Bosses)
    Level 165-185 (Both temple Dungeons, which drop embryos at a high rate for T1 armor)
    Level 170+ (You can solo a scheol heckler)

Adonis
    level 160-175 - Various dredge camps in adonis (decent solo xp and low chance of getting some nice loot on boss)

Penumbra
    level 160-200 - Penumbral spirit hunters at ruins (beware of spirit boss mobs in those camps)
    level 170-200 - Various dynacamps in penumbra (a bit more risky than spirit hunters but you can get better patterns IMO)

And soul dredges/spirit hunters are a very nice place for shades to solo. They are mobs with low AR so you can easily take out the whole camp (without boss) at the same time in adonis around level 170
    Last edited by Bladepoint; Mar 16th, 2004 at 15:17:47.
    Bladepoint
    Shade
    Dboy
    Soldier
    "Weapons are made to kill, but the human mind decides the amount of pain they inflict"

Got one to add..

38-45- Nascence Wilds in the southern area - Croakers of Night. They will bring friends, but if you're good about pulling you generally only get 2, maybe 3 at a time. Good exp even when they go green, as shade DPS can tear through them. Plus there's a redeemed statue nearby for Neuts and Clanners.
    Grevik - Did you put your cover sheets on your TPS reports?
    Constantinos - Vampire of the Redeemed
    Yoshitaka - Martial Artist, Martial Poet, Martial Writer....
    Kadmon - Selling Mother-In-Laws on the Slave Market since 29478
    Sandolphon - Couldn't "fix" macaroni and cheese, but he sure runs fast!

level 70-90 Shell Beach in NW Ely

This is especially good if you have an ely key. Just a little south are some lvl 85-90 Spirits that usually are alone.

I would also suggest you have the monster upgrade to map. One of the mobs in the area are those underground worm things.

Also in the area is the Lost Emerite. I tried to avoid him since if you kill him they keep spawning.

Updated with the core and Dungeon by Growlers
    Bladepoint
    Shade
    Dboy
    Soldier
    "Weapons are made to kill, but the human mind decides the amount of pain they inflict"

In nascence

from level 65 - 90 those heckler's level 80.

good exp and loot you can find them in outer areas of the islands.

Be very careful when soloing then one is hard two is reclaim terminal. So run if you make bad pull...

Lvl 93 - 100 Spiders found in Ely near Wipserdale.
    -Tinvalli
    TinvalliShade - Setup
    NewcastleTrader
    Achiever 73%, Killer 66%, Explorer 40%, Socializer 20%
    Tin's Buff Spreadsheet

How about for the area between levels 50 and 70?

I'm 53 atm.

Zaphras
    Myyr - Cute and Harmless MA
    Xaphralin - really cute and trying NOT to be harmless..
    Xzahn - Cute? Don't be silly
    Zaphras - Can we kill something now?
    Green24 - Head Shot!
    Ptor - Keeper
    Khasha - Where'd that **** pet go THIS time???

The dungeons in Nasensce will be lower level next patch, more in keeping with the area they are in, so those won't be so suitable at the current level ranges...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Myyr
    How about for the area between levels 50 and 70?

I'm 53 atm.

Zaphras
    at those levels, i was doing solo temple raids. by that imean: i would enter the temples by the lord and lady, and search for loot while avoiding mobs i could not take with relative ease. when the tmples were already cleaned out, i levelled on rk.

i think i took my first temple boss around 60 or 70. stayed near the elevator so i could jump out to heal before going back in. good xp and loot there.

stabs and shade soloing...
    -=::::::::: Kaghe Shade :::::::::=-
    -=::::::::: Korash Fixer ::::::::::=-
    -=:: Korant MP Meta-physicist ::=-
    -=::: Korant Nano Technician :::=-
    -=::::: All living on Rimor ::::::=-

50ish

Dunno if any of you have done the ergo ring quest, but if you go through it, there are coral rafters there. South of enig portal if you haven't. There are also coral rafters in east elysium, but they tend to aggro cause lots of other stuff there too. Not too bad, I got three or four lvls there I think.

Heya Bladepoint.

Are you the one I gave the QL41 ITD's too? If so how are they treating you?

Enjoying them?

Just checking in
    May I become at all times, both now and forever, A protector for those without protection
    A guide for those who have lost their way, A ship for those with oceans to cross
    A sanctuary for those in danger, A lamp for those in need of light
    A refuge for those in need of shelter, And a servant to all those in need.
    - Tenzin Gyatso, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, from Ethics for a New Millenium

Eldonais A.K.A. Special Sauce

I am loving them thanks, still can't believe the damage increase.
    I will update the guide sometime today I not viewed the boards since the holiday.
    Bladepoint
    Shade
    Dboy
    Soldier

From level 50 and onwards, great XP can be had from mobs in the Redeemed and Unredeemed villages.

A good strategy if you want to keep a balanced faction list is to go kill a few in Silence, then kill some in Brawl. Most of the green con'ing mobs give me around 4k XP and are not too difficult.

It's kinda hard at this level to find good XP on Nascence. You are too high for most of the mobs and too low for most of the bosses, dungeon mobs and brink hecklers. And at your low 50's Ely make you cry like a baby.

Could use some updates for Ely here, so if anyone can please post some more Ely spots.
    Bladepoint
    Shade
    Dboy
    Soldier

Elly L67-70+

Just a little East of the Redeemed Stone in Whispervale there's The Temple of Chants. Hoalthin, Malah and Malah Ana live there (L65-70ish). They don't hit very hard, don't have many HP and rarely gang up (if your careful pulling). They're pretty easy to take down solo from about L67 (if you're really good at pulling and only get one every time you could do them at 65 perhaps). Some will turn grey on you when you hit 70, only the odd one though.
    You can take on the Unredeemed faction mobs too for a little variety in the close by village
    If things go wrong, the Redeemed statue is pretty close by, so you can always run for it if you need to.
    Siphoned some good(ish) spirits (Q44-56) from the Malah and Hoalthin too.

/bighug

Updated, thanks Misty!
    Bladepoint
    Shade
    Dboy
    Soldier

lvl 35-45 ish ??

QL45-55 mobs ( Morbid Weavers and Hoathlons + probably others too ) In Static Dungeon near Misty Dreams Border exit from the Unredeemed Garden ( Nasc Swamp ) - haven't gone through it all yet, but seems fairly soloable ( I'm lvl 41 atm )

lvl 45-55 ish ??

QL55-65 mobs ( Kolaana + Hoathlon, Brisk Hoathlons and more ) in the Static Dungeon just south of The Core exit from the Redeemed Garden ( Nasc Swamp ) - Tried this one solo, and could take out the Kolaana's, but the Hoathlons and Brisk Hoathlons were a bit hard for me at lvl 41...

And BTW, the Hoathlon/Malah's near the redeemed stone in Whisperwale are easily doable by lvl 50ish ... was soloing 3 Brisk Hoathlon's with my 52 Adven, so if u are even half decent at pulling and get only like 1-2 u should be able to do it by lvl 50 as a shade IMO... ( might be mistaken as my shade is only 41 still, but I'm willing to make a small wager it will be doable :P )

-Sneakyshade
    Last edited by Devilsown; Dec 16th, 2003 at 11:26:33.

Could be right!

And BTW, the Hoathlon/Malah's near the redeemed stone in Whisperwale are easily doable by lvl 50ish ... was soloing 3 Brisk Hoathlon's with my 52 Adven, so if u are even half decent at pulling and get only like 1-2 u should be able to do it by lvl 50 as a shade IMO... ( might be mistaken as my shade is only 41 still, but I'm willing to make a small wager it will be doable :P )
    You could well be right but as a Shade without neat damage shields or healing it could be pushing it. Also wandering around Ely at L50 was a bad bad bad experience for me as at that level I was going through my 'extra squishy' period (before they fixed spirit siphons and no higher level character to get things for her)

I'd be interested to know though!

/lotsofhugs

List has been updated again, I might try and add some shade drops to this as well what do you all think?

We could still use some more input from those of you above 100 since this list gets most of us to 100!
    Last edited by Bladepoint; Dec 18th, 2003 at 17:06:17.
    Bladepoint
    Shade
    Dboy
    Soldier

Shade Drops would be really neat I think!

Especially tattoos! Mine are fading, as they're the only thing that hides my modesty, this is not a good turn of events!

/bighugs

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast